GTO question. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-20-2013, 12:42 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
MineralGrayGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Wyoming
Posts: 133
GTO question.

Quick question, arguing with a friend and were arguing about whether 04-06 Gto's were built with bailout money. Where they?
MineralGrayGT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-20-2013, 12:52 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rm360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,140
No, GM and Chrysler recived their bailout money in January of 2009
Rm360 is offline  
Old 01-20-2013, 01:09 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rosco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: La Verne
Region: California
Posts: 535
You mean a Holden?
__________________
1998 Bright Atlantic Cobra - 3:73's, BBK ls, Pro 5.0, 96 Cobra STB, Borla XR-1 Catback, Custom Catch Can, Spec clutch, MM Firewall adj, FRPP wires, RSD, Spoiler delete, 245/275 BF Goodrich g sports on chrome 95 cobra r's
1998 V6 Mustang : SOLD!
Rosco is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-20-2013, 05:10 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
9tee7pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Radford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 673
The economy didn't tank until 2008
9tee7pony is offline  
Old 01-20-2013, 05:31 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tee7pony
The economy didn't tank until 2008
Yep, that's when I picked up 3000 shares of Ford stock for $1.30 a share. Everyone called me a fool, I'm laughing now. I knew I wasn't the only Ford die hard out there .
tc x 4 is offline  
Old 01-20-2013, 06:00 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
DaBluedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4

Yep, that's when I picked up 3000 shares of Ford stock for $1.30 a share. Everyone called me a fool, I'm laughing now. I knew I wasn't the only Ford die hard out there .
I did this too. But i bought at 1.13 I sold it around 13.80 later that year.
__________________
2003 Mach 1
DaBluedude is offline  
Old 01-24-2013, 07:53 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
1996v6stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San diego
Region: California
Posts: 811
How do you purchase shares like those?
1996v6stang is offline  
Old 01-24-2013, 08:33 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
1lowGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 3,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco View Post
You mean a Holden?
+1
__________________
2003 GT - full bolts ons, suspension, and drag radials
1998 cummins - 150hp injectors | FASS fuel kit | 4" straight pipe | 5" lift | BHAF | 20" wheels | edge juice w/ attitude | built auto trans with stall | closing in on 900tq | bigger turbo soon..

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline  
Old 01-24-2013, 10:21 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996v6stang
How do you purchase shares like those?
Deposit money into an account at a brokerage firm. Tell the broker what you want to buy, how many shares, and what you want to pay. When the market hits your price, he buys the amount of shares you told him to. They charge a small commission when you buy or sell. They made me sign legal papers advising me not to buy Ford and to diversify my money. I laughed and said put all $5,000 on blue, I can sell it today for $48,000.
tc x 4 is offline  
Old 01-24-2013, 10:25 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
1lowGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 3,903
Holy ****! That's awesome go back to him and laugh in his face.
__________________
2003 GT - full bolts ons, suspension, and drag radials
1998 cummins - 150hp injectors | FASS fuel kit | 4" straight pipe | 5" lift | BHAF | 20" wheels | edge juice w/ attitude | built auto trans with stall | closing in on 900tq | bigger turbo soon..

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline  
Old 01-24-2013, 10:29 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowGT
Holy ****! That's awesome go back to him and laugh in his face.
Lol oh I will when I sell it, I'm waiting on the economy to turn around so I can really CASH out.
tc x 4 is offline  
Old 01-24-2013, 10:30 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
1lowGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 3,903
Smart.
__________________
2003 GT - full bolts ons, suspension, and drag radials
1998 cummins - 150hp injectors | FASS fuel kit | 4" straight pipe | 5" lift | BHAF | 20" wheels | edge juice w/ attitude | built auto trans with stall | closing in on 900tq | bigger turbo soon..

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline  
Old 01-24-2013, 10:56 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
DaBluedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4

Lol oh I will when I sell it, I'm waiting on the economy to turn around so I can really CASH out.
I wouldn't hold your breath. And even if it does, there is no reason to suspect that the stock price will go up. It just means they will be paying out some dividends likely. Which is nice, but you could do more with your money now.
__________________
2003 Mach 1
DaBluedude is offline  
Old 01-24-2013, 11:05 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
DerekJohnScott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Lol oh I will when I sell it, I'm waiting on the economy to turn around so I can really CASH out.
Too bad you couldn't have bought $100,000 worth the shares!
DerekJohnScott is offline  
Old 01-24-2013, 11:44 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekJohnScott

Too bad you couldn't have bought $100,000 worth the shares!
A poor man has poor ways.

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude

I wouldn't hold your breath. And even if it does, there is no reason to suspect that the stock price will go up. It just means they will be paying out some dividends likely. Which is nice, but you could do more with your money now.
Lol my broker gave me that same speech when I put it all on Ford.
tc x 4 is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 08:49 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
DaBluedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4

A poor man has poor ways.

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------



Lol my broker gave me that same speech when I put it all on Ford.
Don't expect the stock price to go up much further. That isn't how economics or the stock market works.
__________________
2003 Mach 1
DaBluedude is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 09:47 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude

Don't expect the stock price to go up much further. That isn't how economics or the stock market works.
I'm by no means an economist, nor do I claim to know much about the stock market. It was all intuition, and my intuition says hold on to it. If I listened to everyone else, I wouldn't have bought it in the first place.
tc x 4 is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 06:25 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
DaBluedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4

I'm by no means an economist, nor do I claim to know much about the stock market. It was all intuition, and my intuition says hold on to it. If I listened to everyone else, I wouldn't have bought it in the first place.
I am an economist. And I focused my major on trading. Your best time to sell Ford is mid 3rd quarter. Worst time is in February historically. I wouldn't sell now. But I wouldn't hold it past the summer. Then next Feb I would buy again.
__________________
2003 Mach 1
DaBluedude is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 07:29 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996v6stang
How do you purchase shares like those?
If you know what you are doing with stocks, do not use a broker. Make an account and do your own trades. Not worth the money to deal with someone like he is talking about.

I prefer scottrade, 500 to open, 14.00 USD to make a complete trade. E trade is decent, but 1000 to open.
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 07:38 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude

I did this too. But i bought at 1.13 I sold it around 13.80 later that year.
When was it this low? I got in around 1.6x and sold when I doubled my money. I don't recall it ever being so low.
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 12:09 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude

I am an economist. And I focused my major on trading. Your best time to sell Ford is mid 3rd quarter. Worst time is in February historically. I wouldn't sell now. But I wouldn't hold it past the summer. Then next Feb I would buy again.
What's a hot tip for todays market, I'm ready to roll the dice again. I normally flip a motor cycle this time of year.

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc

When was it this low? I got in around 1.6x and sold when I doubled my money. I don't recall it ever being so low.
Nov of 08 I think it went that low, I bought on the way up.
tc x 4 is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 07:42 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4

What's a hot tip for todays market, I'm ready to roll the dice again. I normally flip a motor cycle this time of year.

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------



Nov of 08 I think it went that low, I bought on the way up.
Yours makes sense, I saw Ford go as low as 1.21/share, I was wondering when it hit 1.13. I never saw it so low.
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 08:37 AM   #23
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Well this was thread jacked quick.
DDTCM is offline  
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



03:50 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.