Drifting - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-21-2013, 08:06 AM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
surprisingly enough i can order any part i need for an ae86 through advance still lol...i decided to look into it since i'm seriously trying to find one.

carving corners like a boss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2013, 08:11 AM   #107
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
surprisingly enough i can order any part i need for an ae86 through advance still lol...i decided to look into it since i'm seriously trying to find one.
But once again, I'd rather see him stick with a mustang than going import. This is mustang evolution after all! It is sad to lose a mustang fan to the darkside of the imports. A disturbance I feel lol
Old 02-21-2013, 08:29 AM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Lol i love all cars not just domestic.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2013, 11:08 AM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
There's a guy around me with a ae86 hatch, not a bit of rust and it it runs great, last time I talked to him he was trying to sell it.

you should see all the bmw 3 series in the one scrapyard by me.. lol

Ae86, rx7, 240sx, some of the older supras, foxbodys, all of those are good candidates and can be had relatively cheap.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:16 PM   #110
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Rx7? I like those
Old 02-21-2013, 12:37 PM   #111
Registered Member
Regular

Rx7s are great, just get to know rotary engines if you plan on working on your own car
Old 02-21-2013, 02:13 PM   #112
Road Trip!

Never thought about it but how do you do work on rotary engines?

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

Gaining hp wise
Old 02-21-2013, 02:20 PM   #113
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Check this out.

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://...dyR_rn0I_H1IRw
Old 02-21-2013, 03:26 PM   #114
Road Trip!

Yeah seen that before but how do you make it fast they make after market parts for that?
Old 02-21-2013, 05:03 PM   #115
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout View Post
Never thought about it but how do you do work on rotary engines?

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

Gaining hp wise
I honestly know nothing about rotaries, I've never personally worked on one. I believe I read somewhere that they take boost very well, and can handle more boost than a normal style engine, don't know for a fact though.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:06 PM   #116
Road Trip!

Yeah I heard that too. Great huh?
Old 02-21-2013, 05:09 PM   #117
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeast0712 View Post
never seen that before, I sat here and watched it like a little kid all glued to the screen haha

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Yeah I heard that too. Great huh?
yeah, they look like a pain and a half to work on though, I can imagine parts being pretty pricey as well
Old 02-21-2013, 06:22 PM   #118
Road Trip!

Yeah I know
Old 02-21-2013, 07:58 PM   #119
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRedStang View Post

never seen that before, I sat here and watched it like a little kid all glued to the screen haha

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

yeah, they look like a pain and a half to work on though, I can imagine parts being pretty pricey as well
Crazy right
Old 02-21-2013, 08:02 PM   #120
Road Trip!

I am interesting in building it for speed. Intakes are coming in, after that heads and cam. If I like that I plan on complete rebuild forge internals. repaint a arms, k member, and 8.8 rear end and install, suspension mods and chassis strengthening mods, and 99-01 cobra body with fr500 wheels. Then turbo. And see what the car does best.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:11 PM   #121
Registered Member
Regular

that's not the best way to handle that at all...all of your setup is dependent on what you want from the car not the other way around

Old 02-21-2013, 08:11 PM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

With those kind of upgrades, it would probably be right at home on a drag strip.

Also, having too much power is very possible in drift as well. If its too powerful, you could lose control of the car if you're not experienced enough or know the car well enough.
Just take it slow, learn, listen, and read as much as possible before you try to slide your car around.
I agree with the idea of getting a cheap beater to learn and possibly compete in, you will smack something sooner or later, and your cars in nice shape.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:56 PM   #123
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRedStang View Post
With those kind of upgrades, it would probably be right at home on a drag strip.

Also, having too much power is very possible in drift as well. If its too powerful, you could lose control of the car if you're not experienced enough or know the car well enough.
Just take it slow, learn, listen, and read as much as possible before you try to slide your car around.
I agree with the idea of getting a cheap beater to learn and possibly compete in, you will smack something sooner or later, and your cars in nice shape.
Yeah I know. So that'll bring me to three cars in my future. I want a nissan z 350 for drift just exhaust cool air intake and welded rear end that'll be strictly a drift car and my dd turboed v6 mustang, and I wanna mustang for strip a great street car with 1000 hp bc power gets old after a while and I always want more. I drove some pretty fast cars and power gets old and used to

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

I'm a car guy, so ill have tons of cars I know. An old guy at work had all kinds of cars amazed me by how many cars he said he drove

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Even more a shocker when he showed me pictures of his rides. Monte Carlos, Shelbys, vettes, camaros, chargers, he's also smart with guns the guy is like 61 years old and cool as ****
Old 02-21-2013, 09:01 PM   #124
Registered Member
Regular

lol i just can't take you seriously anymore but hey good luck

Old 02-21-2013, 09:06 PM   #125
Registered Member
Regular

I would absolutely love to have your bank account.

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Hey slo, what's the that you do on some of your posts? I've seen some other dudes do that on posts as well?
Old 02-21-2013, 09:08 PM   #126
Registered Member
Regular

it's a thumbsup

Old 02-21-2013, 09:18 PM   #127
Registered Member
Regular

Ah, I always get on this forum on my phone and it doesn't show the icons for stuff on the app, never really paid attention to it when I'm on the comp. Thanks for clearing it up.

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeast0712 View Post

Crazy right
Indeed, I would like to get an old 13b (I think that's what it is) from an rx7 and rebuild it as a learning project.. just for an idea of what entails a rotary engine.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:19 PM   #128
Road Trip!

Quote:
What you mean can't take seriously ?
Old 02-21-2013, 10:05 PM   #129
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:

What you mean can't take seriously ?
Your all over the place with very ambitious goals. Its wears off as you get older. Not a bad thing, I miss the good old days where the sky was the limit.

These days I just sit around and hope obama doesnt mangle the country too much worse for my children, and hopefully grandkids. My project mustang helps keep my mind off of that, somewhat.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:11 PM   #130
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony View Post

Your all over the place with very ambitious goals. Its wears off as you get older. Not a bad thing, I miss the good old days where the sky was the limit.

These days I just sit around and hope obama doesnt mangle the country too much worse for my children, and hopefully grandkids. My project mustang helps keep my mind off of that, somewhat.
Or you run into the no money and all the time in the world to work on your car.

I chug syrup for money...
Old 02-21-2013, 10:12 PM   #131
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

it's like i'm looking at a mirror....

Old 02-22-2013, 10:18 AM   #132
Road Trip!

Quote:

Yeah I do I'll admit it.

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

We all have dreams. Sometimes we need those. I know things that'll blow most people's minds. People call me a conspiracy theorist. I don't care I am who I am. And I have dreams.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:00 AM   #133
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I beg to differ...

http://youtu.be/vwzmmncPK4E
Old 02-22-2013, 11:21 AM   #134
Registered Member
Regular

Wow, this thread took an interesting turn quick ha
Old 02-22-2013, 12:14 PM   #135
Road Trip!

I tell you what, I'm really aggrivated about this thread I asked for some info, then get my idea out and basically get told I can't be taken seriously? Bc I change my mind on stuff and open up my ideas on what I wanna do, it's not written in stone the great thing about performance is you can change your mind. And if I tend to do it a lot then oh well. Why even waste your time saying I can't take you seriously? When negative comments like that are made its common for someone like myself to ask, who are you to say I'm not a person to be taken seriously? This site has got to crack down on its users and I don't care if any admins or discipline people get offended but y'all really need to work on the forums.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:40 PM   #136
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Not so funny story about drifting that happened about an hour ago. A group of five or so kids comes into my store while I'm working. They tell me, hey man, we need your help. We are trying to keep my friend out of deep trouble. If his mom finds out what happened, she will literally kill him. They ask if they mind if they said they his the yellow concrete barrier outside of my store. Intrigued, I made them tell me what happened. They told me they were across town in a parkinglot trying to drift their car on the slushy pavement. The inexperienced driver lost control of the car, and wrapped it around one of those free standing concrete poles. All the airbags went off, whole side of the car is concaved, and there's a good chance of frame damage. They drove it all the way across town and thought the little barrier would be convincing enough to do damage. I agreed not to tell the police anything, seeing as I heard nor saw anything myself, and judging my the driver holding back tears, I figured he had learned his lesson. Wrecked a brand spankin new Mazda 3 hatchback. Moral of the story, don't drift in a parkinglot with concrete pillars, after a fresh snowfall. Here's the barrior they told the cop they hit, resulting in such damage. Lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130222_124054.png
Views:	75
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	92301  
Old 02-22-2013, 12:44 PM   #137
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
Not so funny story about drifting that happened about an hour ago. A group of five or so kids comes into my store while I'm working. They tell me, hey man, we need your help. We are trying to keep my friend out of deep trouble. If his mom finds out what happened, she will literally kill him. They ask if they mind if they said they his the yellow concrete barrier outside of my store. Intrigued, I made them tell me what happened. They told me they were across town in a parkinglot trying to drift their car on the slushy pavement. The inexperienced driver lost control of the car, and wrapped it around one of those free standing concrete poles. All the airbags went off, whole side of the car is concaved, and there's a good chance of frame damage. They drove it all the way across town and thought the little barrier would be convincing enough to do damage. I agreed not to tell the police anything, seeing as I heard nor saw anything myself, and judging my the driver holding back tears, I figured he had learned his lesson. Wrecked a brand spankin new Mazda 3 hatchback. Moral of the story, don't drift in a parkinglot with concrete pillars, after a fresh snowfall. Here's the barrior they told the cop they hit, resulting in such damage. Lol
ok that was pretty funny. thats why you always drift in an open lot with no lights!
Old 02-22-2013, 05:41 PM   #138
Road Trip!

That's messed up
Old 02-22-2013, 06:17 PM   #139
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I tell you what, I'm really aggrivated about this thread I asked for some info, then get my idea out and basically get told I can't be taken seriously? Bc I change my mind on stuff and open up my ideas on what I wanna do, it's not written in stone the great thing about performance is you can change your mind. And if I tend to do it a lot then oh well. Why even waste your time saying I can't take you seriously? When negative comments like that are made its common for someone like myself to ask, who are you to say I'm not a person to be taken seriously? This site has got to crack down on its users and I don't care if any admins or discipline people get offended but y'all really need to work on the forums.
as long as you stay within the rules i don't mind anything you say...just don't cross the line

you asked questions...you got more then enough answers. you asked more questions....you got more answers...you went off on a rambling spree...well you get the point. No need to get worked up...so what i don't take you seriously. just prove me wrong then you can have the final laugh

Old 02-22-2013, 06:59 PM   #140
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

as long as you stay within the rules i don't mind anything you say...just don't cross the line

you asked questions...you got more then enough answers. you asked more questions....you got more answers...you went off on a rambling spree...well you get the point. No need to get worked up...so what i don't take you seriously. just prove me wrong then you can have the final laugh
+1
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion