Please tell me is this legal or illegal? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-15-2013, 12:51 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Please tell me is this legal or illegal?

I bought a 70 mach 1 hull. No trans or rear end. Car was orange but painted blue. Car was sold to a junkyard in the 80s without engine and trans after it was painted like this. A guy buys in from the junkyard in 88 when he is 18 and 20 years later he happens to look up what the window vin decoded and it read a g code boss. The inner fenders reads h code mach 1 and everything else is mach 1 what is left of the car. I have proof that the guy before did not do it and the junkyard guy said he didn't do it and now I have a 70 mach 1 with two vins I want to sell the car and I feel like I'm at a standstill. Car was in Alabama so they did not have titles only bill of sale. Is it legal to sell a car as just as a 1970 mustang letting the buyer know there are two vin numbers on the car and you did not tamper with both? Both were Dan by police and either one has not been registered in a long time and they aren't stolen. What to do????????
FortyBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2013, 02:32 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
You can get a builders title for it. Bmv will have a paper you get and a cop will inspect it and fill the form out.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:03 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

What do I sell it as? Which is the legal vin dash or fender. Here in tn all we have to do is take all pictures around the car bring bill of sale and a sketch of vin and Walah the car gets titled in our name. I think it's more of a mach but should I just sel it as a mach but the boss vin goes with it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2013, 06:22 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by FortyBrandon View Post
I bought a 70 mach 1 hull. No trans or rear end. Car was orange but painted blue. Car was sold to a junkyard in the 80s without engine and trans after it was painted like this. A guy buys in from the junkyard in 88 when he is 18 and 20 years later he happens to look up what the window vin decoded and it read a g code boss. The inner fenders reads h code mach 1 and everything else is mach 1 what is left of the car. I have proof that the guy before did not do it and the junkyard guy said he didn't do it and now I have a 70 mach 1 with two vins I want to sell the car and I feel like I'm at a standstill. Car was in Alabama so they did not have titles only bill of sale. Is it legal to sell a car as just as a 1970 mustang letting the buyer know there are two vin numbers on the car and you did not tamper with both? Both were Dan by police and either one has not been registered in a long time and they aren't stolen. What to do????????
The G code relates to the Boss 302 engine and the H code relates to the 351 2V which can be either Windsor or Cleveland. The windshield vin is the vin used for legal identification purposes. The should also be a sticker on the driver door which should match the dash. Whatever the dash tag says is what the car is.
aegischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:16 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

All numbers including door, fender, and buck tag match h code mach 1. Even the buck tag reads u code on it for grabber orange and you can see the floor pans are grabber orange. The dash vin was changed to an g code in the 80s. I read this VIN numbers don't match.. | Mustang Forums at StangNet Does this mean my car is legally a boss 302 even though its an h code mach 1?????
Old 05-18-2013, 01:29 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by FortyBrandon View Post
All numbers including door, fender, and buck tag match h code mach 1. Even the buck tag reads u code on it for grabber orange and you can see the floor pans are grabber orange. The dash vin was changed to an g code in the 80s. I read this VIN numbers don't match.. | Mustang Forums at StangNet Does this mean my car is legally a boss 302 even though its an h code mach 1?????
It's a boss as far as the states concerned, not anyone else.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion