New car in the works : ) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-19-2013, 04:49 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
New car in the works : )

I test drove an 08 Lamborghini gallardo today. I went in to admire the ferrari 458 italias which are way out of my price range and ended up finding this used 08 lambo for a pretty good price. I was approved for financing but there is no warranty after 3 years with Lamborghini, so there are a ton of things I have to consider. It's not practical, but I'm seriously considering it if I can get the price down a little more.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2084490151.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	365.7 KB
ID:	114807  
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2013, 05:01 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Go to the service department and ask them for recommended service interval.
Then ask them what is the price for each of the main services, provided nothing major has to be repaired or replaced.
Then ask yourself the famous question, I can afford to buy it, but can I afford to drive/keep it?
MELLOWYELLOW06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:21 PM   #3
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06 View Post
Go to the service department and ask them for recommended service interval.
Then ask them what is the price for each of the main services, provided nothing major has to be repaired or replaced.
Then ask yourself the famous question, I can afford to buy it, but can I afford to drive/keep it?
I did ask. The guy told me 2500-3500 a year. Could be more if something major goes wrong. The car has 7500 miles on it. I can afford the payment and maintenance, but it's going to take a nice chunk of my extra cash. They offered to let me have it till Friday, I might take them up on the offer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2013, 06:44 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I have a guy who has a body shop. He has a Countach. If he didn't have a body shop, he couldn't afford to keep it on the road. I would seek a second source, after all, this shop has a vested interest in you buying it.

Cost of Ownership of an Exotic Car | Secret Entourage
Used supercars: buying a Lamborghini Gallardo | Road Testing Reviews | Car Magazine Online
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:48 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Lets see the car
sean5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:40 PM   #6
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
I have a guy who has a body shop. He has a Countach. If he didn't have a body shop, he couldn't afford to keep it on the road. I would seek a second source, after all, this shop has a vested interest in you buying it.

Cost of Ownership of an Exotic Car | Secret Entourage
Used supercars: buying a Lamborghini Gallardo | Road Testing Reviews | Car Magazine Online
Maintenance costs are the same as he mentioned. Repair bills and major problems are a different story. Leasing might make more sense actually. I can do a 36 month lease for around the same payment. I dunno, the more I think about it, the more I think it's a dumb move.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:59 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
That's awesome bra.. I hope to buy a super car one day when I start my own business and finally start making some money..
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Why wouldn't you just get something more worth the money such as a used GT-R for half the price. Makes more financial sense, right? If the bank actually approved you for a vehicle loan on a Lamborghini, you sir have too much disposable income.
ksrumbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:18 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrumbel View Post
Why wouldn't you just get something more worth the money such as a used GT-R for half the price. Makes more financial sense, right? If the bank actually approved you for a vehicle loan on a Lamborghini, you sir have too much disposable income.
He prefers Italian muscle over Japanese muscle
Old 06-20-2013, 10:54 PM   #10
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordito View Post
He prefers Italian muscle over Japanese muscle
Yep lol. I found a couple of 06's for under 100k which is close to what a gt-r would run me brand new. I've been working really hard for the past 10 years and I know this sounds vein, but I want something that shows people how hard I've worked. A gt-r doesn't necessarily fit the bill for me, although its performance is probably better.

Unfortunately, I think I'm going to spend the money to make some modifications to my condo instead. Makes much more financial sense.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:05 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
I've been working really hard for the past 10 years and I know this sounds vein, but I want something that shows people how hard I've worked. A gt-r doesn't necessarily fit the bill for me, although its performance is probably better.

Unfortunately, I think I'm going to spend the money to make some modifications to my condo instead. Makes much more financial sense.
Shoot I would do the same if I were in your spot.. after working for so long you just have to buy what you want.. I worked 3 years(I know its not a lot bit it feels like it ) with a bunch of over time(from age 19-22 present) to be able to afford my new 13' 5.0.. sucks that you're not getting the Lambo though most of the time the smart decision is not always the coolest one..
Old 06-21-2013, 06:26 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post

Yep lol. I found a couple of 06's for under 100k which is close to what a gt-r would run me brand new. I've been working really hard for the past 10 years and I know this sounds vein, but I want something that shows people how hard I've worked. A gt-r doesn't necessarily fit the bill for me, although its performance is probably better.

Wise decision sir. Don't worry about trying to impress people. Being financially comfortable and to eventually retire comfortably is more important. You would probably look back and say, "yeah I probably shouldn't have bought that Lamborghini." The only way I would ever buy one if I won or had well over a couple million at my disposal.
ksrumbel is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion