Who or what got you into mustangs? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I just realized what the boss and gt motors have in common.... I guess ford is trying to say something.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2359911802.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	124653  
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Beginning at age 16 (1971), I've stuck with Ford as my primary drivers, eventhough Dad tried to palm a few Chevys, a Cadi or two and some Mopars on me...

'64 T-Bird (390/auto)
'69 Mustang (390/4-spd) (I loved this one)
'60 Ranchero (260/auto, then a 351W/auto)
'63 Falcon Futura (170/auto, then a 289/4-spd)
'76 Cougar (351W/auto) (Bought new)
'56 Fairlane (406/auto)
'79 F-150 4x4 (400/auto)
'79 T-Bird (400/auto)
'69 T-Bird (429/auto)
'91 Mustang LX (5.0/5-spd) (Not bad, but handled my abuse well)
'94 Explorer 4x4 (4.0/auto)
'90 Ranger Ext Cab 2x4 (S/C T-Bird 3.8/5-spd)
'06 F-250 Lariat 4x4 (Powerstroke/auto) (Bought new)
'07 Mustang GT (auto) (Bought new and loved it too)
'11 Ranger XLT 4x4 (4.0/auto) (Bought new)
'14 Mustang GT TP (Bought new and I'm hooked)
*And my Ford ownership continues...
Missouri Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:38 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
That it what I call dedication. Ford!
cmegnin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2013, 09:57 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmegnin1 View Post
That it what I call dedication. Ford!
It helped that Dad had an on-site used car dealership, grocery store and service station for many years. Slap a tag on a car/truck and test it thoroughly prior to purchase.
Missouri Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:38 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Never was a big fan until I saw the new 5.0 emblem for the first time. I knew at that moment that sh*t just got real.
Mod List: H&R Super Sport Springs, Eibach Camber Bolts, Steeda Panhard Bar, BBK Cold Air Intake, Stack Racing Chrome Strut Tower Bar, Boss 302 Coil Pack Covers, Barton Shifter, Barton 2 Post Bracket, 4.10 Gear, 2013 Track Pack Wheels, QA1 Single Adjustable Rear Shocks, Roush Axle-back exhaust, CDC Chin Spoiler, Saleen Grille,
Defiant 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:44 PM   #41
Road Trip!

Region: New York
At the age of 18 my brother and I were waxing our cars. Mine a 1973 Dodge Dart 318... His a 1989 LX 5.0 notch back... After we were done he threw me the keys to the 5.0 and said let's go. When we got in and I turned the key he said drive it like it was yours. That's when the love began!!! My first was a '65 6er 3sp manual. if I only knew how valuable that car would be 25 years later after I bought it I would never have sold it. My second took many years to purchase and it was a tough 15 years being mustangless. I bought a 2011 V6. Now a 2014 GT and I could not be any happier!!!
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:08 PM   #42

Region: California
Same here, I've always like the Mustang, but when I saw an '05 model, I fell totally in love.
Black Stang 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:16 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Stang 10 View Post
Same here, I've always like the Mustang, but when I saw an '05 model, I fell totally in love.
Agreed, but for me it was when the 2011 came out with the 5.0!
MGF08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:28 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Stang 10 View Post
Yeah me too , I can still remember the commercial they did for it whenever they're were driving it inside of a warehouse doing doughnuts
05MUSTANG4.0L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:10 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

My family
MythlinMasterdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:33 PM   #46
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
Craigslist lol I always thought mustangs were gay since my dad is into camaros and most of my friends had an eclipse or honda
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:45 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joser714 View Post
Craigslist lol I always thought mustangs were gay since my dad is into camaros and most of my friends had an eclipse or honda
And now?

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:49 PM   #48
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostedmind View Post
And now?
Um..... I don't haha I really like my little sixxer a lot and I don't plan on selling it any time soon. My dad still tries to be funny and calls it a camaro
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:23 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
AH HA, Look everyone, they can be converted. LMAO.

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:14 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
The family car was a 63' Galaxie 500 wagon, but our neighbor taught me how to shift on a 65' 289 HiPo. My wrestling coach drove a 67' six. I wanted a 70' Mach 1, but when I was in position to buy, it was too late. I hated the 71-73' body style and got a 72' Comet GT. That was what should have been the base for the 71-73' Mustangs. After a hit and run driver damaged the front end, my dad took me to a Ford dealer to rent a car for a few days. He noticed a 75' Mustang II Ghia on display and bought it for my Mom. She loved that car and it was perfect for her. When Ford came out with the S197 models, I was smitten, but a Mustang was not practical. I helped my nephew buy an 03', but bought an 08' Taurus. Then I heard the styling direction they were going with the 15' Mustangs and decided that I had to get a S197 while I could. The hard part was the engine choice. I am a big 302 fan. My Comet, and several other cars/trucks I have owned had that engine, and I could not think of a Mustang without a V8. But, I really liked the MCA package and I knew what a great engine the 3.5/3.7L is. So my wife and I struck a deal. I got the V6, and she didn't divorce me. My only regret was not getting the 3.31 rear. The 2.73 is fine on the highway which I spend a lot of my driving time, but is not as good in town. That is going to be one of my future projects.
Bear376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:34 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
my first thirst for a stang .........one Saturday night I was maybe 16 at a party all messed up ,I was outside smoking a cig and I heard this car screaming down the road towards me like a bat out of hell. its scream was ear-piercing and like nothing iv ever heard before !this flash of a car passed me like a silver bullet from right to left . what I saw a heard was magical. I asked my friend next to me "WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT!!!!!!!!! he said that was a bad *** ford cobra. from that moment on I knew I wanted a cobra and wouldn't ever consider settling for anything less. I drive my dream car .
Cobra mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:44 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

The Dodge is way to heavy. The Camaro has the weakest POS rear end in the industry, and the Mustang is the best looking retro out there. 20K for a brand new ride was laughable. At 3405 lbs. and with an 8.8 rear end it's begging to become a race car.
Black12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:46 PM   #53
Sad Panda
Staff

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black12 View Post
The Dodge is way to heavy. The Camaro has the weakest POS rear end in the industry, and the Mustang is the best looking retro out there. 20K for a brand new ride was laughable. At 3405 lbs. and with an 8.8 rear end it's begging to become a race car.
awesome haha^^
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:11 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

I grew up in the 60s and 70s and I am one of the few people who loves the 1973 Mustang. I almost got one in high school, but the price was just a little too high so I wound up with a 1970 Torino 500 (which turned out to be the better car for high school due to the much larger back seat, if ya get my meaning).

I got married in 1982 and was driving past the Ford dealership in Pocatello ID one day and they had a nearly-new (3000 miles) 1983 Mustang GT on the lot. It had the manual transmission and my wife and I didn't know how to drive a stick.

The salesman taught me how to drive it and I bought it, completely forgetting to tell the wife. And we only had one car in those days!

I brought it home and showed it to her. Being a new bride, she thought that I was some kind of genius for getting a Mustang (she named it The Zoom-mobile). Then, I told her that she was going to have to learn to drive a stick. Once again, the newlywed status saved my life and she thought that was a great idea too.

Since then, I have had four Mustangs and still have the same wife.
Bryanw92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:51 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Going to my first car show when i was 9
Saw a mustang and just fell in love with them and always wanted one since then
mark_ash0426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:56 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
A family member had, and still owns a yellow New Edge Cobra. Always have loved that thing. When it came time to buy my first car I found a 1999 for $4300! Well worth it and still going strong with 198,000 miles!
BostonSoxFan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:27 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
I am going to say it was when I was a young my family being car people but mostly owned Chevys. my dad got a 98 camaro but be for that he had a 98 cobra. that he bought entail the dealership called and said they need more money so he gave it back and went to a diffrent dealership to get the z/28. Then at the same time my sister and brother in law got a 98 gt and we all went and saw gone in 60 seconds with that I was doomed. I remember seeing the first mustang I ever really wanted to buy it was a black 69 mustang but it had really bad cancer so my dad would not let me buy it. I still want a 69 badly but I am happy with my 95
badsheep5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:00 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
When I was 6 years old (I'm now 19) my dad brought home a red mustang gt. And it had flowmaster on it and I was so interested in it and he ended up not buying it. From that point on I was hooked! He bought a 2002 true blue mustang gt and had that for a while and had to sell it because the airline he worked for cut his pay. I told my dad when I'm 18 I want a mustang gt. So when I turned 19 I went out and found a cobra. And now I'm officially addicted!
Redsvtcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:37 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Always was into cars and going fast what started it all when I was 16 my old brother had a blue 93 fox body gt 5 speed feel in love and love them ever since
Kingakeem17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:19 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
I come from a hardcore GM family. My dad's first car was a '51 Chieftain, him and my uncle both had '70 and '71 Camaros that they bought new. My dad was almost shunned when he bought an '85 Golf GTI. When their father passed, my uncle bought a '64 Corvette ragtop and I fell in love. I've owned 2 Camaros from the '80s but they were a bit lackluster.

I've driven various other vehicles and had a blast. I've always respected Mustangs but was never a fan until I saw the latest model and the 5.0 come back. I have "x-plan" pricing with Ford through my employer, so while I wanted a new Challenger, I could get a new Mustang at $100 over dealer cost. I fell in love on the test drive and think I'll be a more loyal follower from now on.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:28 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
My Neighbor and the Salesman.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:19 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

My grandpa used to drive me around in his '65 convertible all the time listening to the Beach Boys. He isn't a strict Ford guy, he owned a 'Vette too. Now he's got an '08 GT convertible. My dad is a hardcore Ford fanboy. Bought a new 02' GT vert back then and has it looking like new to this day. When my first car purchase started to come into focus, a Mustang wasn't my first, second, third, or fourth choice. But then one day, I just woke up and said, "I want a Mustang." Could have been that the Beach Boys came on my alarm clock radio to wake me up that morning. Who knows?
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:36 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
My grandpa used to drive me around in his '65 convertible all the time listening to the Beach Boys. He isn't a strict Ford guy, he owned a 'Vette too. Now he's got an '08 GT convertible. My dad is a hardcore Ford fanboy. Bought a new 02' GT vert back then and has it looking like new to this day. When my first car purchase started to come into focus, a Mustang wasn't my first, second, third, or fourth choice. But then one day, I just woke up and said, "I want a Mustang." Could have been that the Beach Boys came on my alarm clock radio to wake me up that morning. Who knows?
Probably my favorite story so far. I was the same way. Not really sure why I bought one, just woke up and decided I'd take one for a test drive. I honestly was so excited about the Focus ST when I found out it was finally making it to the states, but I didn't remember I wanted one until I was driving away in my Mustang.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:58 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Honestly I disliked mustangs. Then I wanted to go from my huge muddin' off-road 4x4 to a fast car. Ironically I ended up with a 2002 GT. Not the definition of fast by any means but sounded great, looked great, and it got me so excited I paid for it cash on the spot. Haven't looked back since then and now it's transforming into a complete monster.

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:23 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
As I work at the auto plant that builds them, it seemed like a logical choice as of late. Cheaper than the Charger, and having the A-plan was a plus.
PatinMich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:10 AM   #66
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
My father We used to strip foxes and turn them into dirt track cars lol.

... And some family friends that had some sweet mustangs
Old 01-16-2014, 09:52 AM   #67

Region: Illinois
I've always kind of been a Ford guy but since I turned 16 or 17 that exploded into pure fanboy-ism. I love RWD and a standard transmission. Also I found my 98 GT on a dealership lot about 1.5 years ago with only 19,000 original miles. I was young to buy a $10,500 car but it's paid off now. The more I drive it. The more I love it. Now I'm never going back!
ghosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:18 AM   #68

Gone in 60 secs
cato12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:39 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiney View Post
My very first car at age 16 was a green 67 coupe. 6 cyl 3 speed stick. It was literally the car driven by an old lady to church in excellent shape. This was 1976. The cost $250.

Then a 68 red coupe 6 cyl auto $350. Drove it everywhere for 2 years.

Then traded for a 70 fastback, red 302 V8 auto $900. Always wanted a Shelby GT-350 so I painted it white with blue stripes. Added side pipes, rear louvers, a 4 point roll bar, working hoodscoop. Sold it for $1700 and bought a 76 Saab. Made a tuner out of that before there were tuners back in 80. It had a very low front air dam, Kyb shocks, water/alcohol injection, Porsche wheels, and finally I added a Porsche styled whale tail spoiler.

Sold it for $3,000 and bought a brand new 82 HO Boss is Back 5.0. Black, T-Tops, TRX suspension, Rear window louvers, 4 speed. I paid $11,2000 for it. Had to sell it less than a year later due to a divorce.

Bought a 78 Saab Turbo, professionally restored by a Saab hot rod mechanic. New bigger Turbo, Leather wheel, sunroof, deep airdam, Saab Aztec wheels, Non DOT approved high performance tires, Bilstiein shocks, water/alcohol injection. Very fast. I painted it Porsche India Red, basically arrest me red. Only cost me about $3500.

Got the urge for a muscle car so I bought a 1970 Mach-1 351-C 4V, Hurst 4 speed, working hood scoop. Originally dark green with flat black hood and stripes from the factory I painted it Shelby White with blue stripes. I got at best 12 mpg with it. It had a Holley 780 double pump carb. I paid $1500 or $1700 for it. Restored but painted the different color. Kept it 2 years. When my baby was born I sold it in 1987 for $2800. I still miss it very much. Needed a baby safe car, so we leased a new Saab model 900 3 door. Big mistake, first selling the Mach-1 and second, NEVER lease a car. I basically ended up paying for it 2x. Paid lease payments of like $229 for 5 years. Then went way over the allotted mileage. Had to pay a $6600 buyout.

Fast forward 25 years and several cars, Saab, Escort, Ranger, Volvo. I really got the bug for a fun car. My baby just got married and I just turned 50. I wanted to buy a 82 RX7. Was only $2400 then reduced for quick sale to $1200. My wife was convinced I'd be killed in it. She said find something more modern with airbags. So a scan of Craigslist found my current baby a 96 SVT Cobra. Black with all of the goodies. The owner really pampered it. Always kept in a heated garage, always maintained with Meguiar's products, never in rain, only 37K miles. Also he always used Royal Purple products. He was trying to sell it during the heat of the recession. Went from $12,500 to $11,500 to we bought if for $10,500.

My car loves have always been Mustangs and Saabs. My unfulfilled dream is a classic Shelby GT-350, I'd settle for a 65-66 Mustang Fastback with a Hi-Po 289 and 4 speed and a Porsche 911. I figure if I live long enough I'll be able to afford a modern Shelby.
GREAT STORY
Old 01-18-2014, 09:18 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Senior year high school , (1979) cough, cough
My buddies had a 69 Road runner , and a 69 Z28 Cmararo 302 car , that Z was the fastest car in school , hands down
both beautiful cars , I had yet to buy a car
well one day I was climbing this old white pine in my Mom's yard , it was a tall tree I could see half the town from up in that tree, And here comes my friend Bob in his Z28 down through town , he pulls up to the light and then this red 70 Mach pulls up next to him , they're reving their engines etc , light goes green , AND BANG its on , well it wasn't much of a race as the Mach destroyed Bob's Z
well that pretty much did it for me ...........
note : a few years later I met that guy with the Mach 1 , he now had a 68 GT500
he still had the engine that had been in that Mach 1 / 351 Cleveland with Boss heads and a BIG solid lifter cam , I bought it from him and put it in my 1970 Mach 1
we've been friends ever since around 34 years now and we both still drive Mustangs

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion