Who or what got you into mustangs? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-06-2014, 05:06 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
For me it was the lousy job GM did on the new Camaro. You see I'm a Chevy fan and old (classic) Chevy owner. Wanted to add a new retro car. So waited for the new Camaro. Frankly it sucks.I own a 69 and the retro really was disappointing. So I have a 2014 Mustang on order. Love the car and very impressed with the 5.0 motor.
bodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2014, 05:27 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
My dad did ... He had a 64-66 coupe car that we rode around In .. Then when I got about 8trs old we built a factory five cobra with a fox donor car then I got my 85 gt project when I was 14 and then came his 69 mach1 and now my Bullitt.. He made me a all around car fanatic. .. He's into japics to like the old conquest tsi and supras etc
Old 02-06-2014, 06:32 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
The Corvette Club is responsible for me turning to Mustangs. 1.5 years ago my friend got me going to thier meets. A bunch of lonely wanna B's :-[ LOL.. I'm ashamed to be a late learner.. Better late than stuck with a bunch of Lame A** Chevy owners... (and I owned over 10 late 60's muscle cars too) I have a modded 96GT for starters. My next car will at least be a 2013 or newer 5.0.. BadA** B-)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2014, 02:14 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Haha, my brother got me into Mustangs when he got a 1999 Ford Mustang GT. Bullit rims, and Flowmaster 40s. Loved that car, it's out of the family now, but it's still a awesome car in my local town.
5.0orGTFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:47 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyride View Post
I just realized what the boss and gt motors have in common.... I guess ford is trying to say something.
That brings back memories. My father used to drag race a roadrunner and a mustang. I was never around the stang but the roadrunner was always around as a kid. He definitely introduced me to muscle cars.
Priestblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:49 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Years ago, I decided I would never drive another boring car... The last 10 years I've mostly driven older classics, high power hot rods, etc. I also had a classic 911 but finally I wanted a DD that had it all. I wanted some power, handling, decent mpg, comfortable, and a/c. So I drove a new Camaro, a New Challenger, and a GT. Hands down, the GT won! I had given up on Fords a after a bad experience in the early 90's but I am sold on their quality now!
Konawin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:36 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

My Grandfather and my Father always drove Ford however my father isnt the one who got me into Mustang's.

My father had a partner in his printing business when I was a kid and he had a 1966 Mustang Coupe in red. I would ride with him to make deliveries and he would have the windows down and the music playing on the am radio and I was 6 at the time and I said then I wanted a Mustang when I got older.

And then my uncle had a 1968 Fastback Mustang with a 390 automatic and he lived out in the country in Kentucky. It was bright red also and he would take me on those country roads floor boarding that Mustang and then he would bounce off the road and chase cows with that Mustang in cow pastures and he absolutely beat that thing to pieces but it never broke and how I wish I had that Mustang today...I was about 12 or 13 when he had that Mustang so I have been hooked ever since!
Old 02-25-2014, 09:06 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
First cars I drove to high school was a 1968 firebird vert 400 auto and a 1969 dodge charger 318 2barrel auto. My dad always had gtos, firebirds, and camaros. After riding in one of my HS buddies 1988gt 5spd vert I had to have one. The problem was that I was 16 at the time and my dad forbid the ownership of a ford product. So I went thru 4 years of HS wishing for a stang. To make matters worst in my junior year my buddy with the 88gt vert, his brother got a triple black 91gt . So I graduated HS got a good paying job and purchased 14 mustangs since 1995. I did own 1 slowmaro, it just confirmed my stang addiction more!!! Im a gm fan as far as the 60's models. Ford from 1989 -present.
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:05 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to olds442111
I just always wanted one. Have owned a muscle car or many at all times, but always wanted something late model, and not being a fan of late model Gm vehicles, a Mustang was the one on the wish list. Never drove one until I started looking around. Once I drove one I was hooked. It was a 4.6 car. I let the idea pass for a bit, and glad I did, cause the 5.0 came out. Drove one and was certain I was going to own one.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:22 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

I have always wanted a car that wasn't so average. The day I went to the dealership my car was back in a corner because for some reason. I drove it once and here I am
LivelyMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 03:05 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

I was test driving cars, eclipse gsx, civic si and as soon as I drove the stang I bought it lol.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
19robby2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:09 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
My dad hit midlife crisis and was looking for a car. He was bent on a camaro. Talked him into the stang because I saw one sitting on the lot and loved it. He loved it so much he has bought another since. I ended up buying the first one off of him.
Jon Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:26 PM   #83
Ram

Region: Texas
My mom drove a 93 foxbody and at the time i was 5. The car was as old as i was. The fox was in a wreck which caused us to say goodbye to it. Few year later my stepdad got a 99 v6 electric green. The car was a beauty. By the time i was 15 they seeked another pony which i ended up with an 01 v6 dark green. After that one i owed a white convertible and know i owe a 01 bullitt.
Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 04:41 PM   #84

My cousin noah got me into mustangs he had a 2003 mustang cobra all murdered out when i was like 13 an i thought it was tha coolest thing to ever hit pavement
lean lucciano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 04:49 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

I have owned bmw m3, mitsu evo 9, neon srt4, jetta vr6 to the most recent subaru sti.. and I got a chance to drive my buddys gt 11 and I **** my pants! The adrenalin and the challenge to try to tame these beast got me instantly. Now I have a gt 13

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Gotta Have It Green GT 2013 | Recaro | Brembo | Track | 3.73 Rear End | Boss 302 Intake Manifold -Dynatech Long Tube Headers - Magnaflow Full Exhaust & Tru X Pipe 3 - JLT Intake- SCT 91 Tune - BMR Pan Hard Bar - SR Performance Sway Bar Kit - Steeda Strut Bar - MGW Shifter Kit - Hankook RS3 275 Rear - Hawk HPS Brake Pads - Roush Front Lip & Roush Full Side Skirts
Hulk 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 04:50 PM   #86

My first ride was a mustang as a teenager and idk just stick with them. But get a lot of **** from my older cousins who are GM lovers. But it's all good I think my stang is beautiful and mean looking
PatMan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 04:58 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

What got me in was GM built the most hideous Camaro in history!
bodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 05:33 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

ThatDudeInBlue
Laquisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:55 AM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
I never was a Mustang fan or even a Ford fan for that matter. Then on day I was just browsing some local car ads and saw a 2012 GT for really cheap. I wondered why and went to the dealership. It was on a Mercedes lot and they just wanted to get rid of it. So I figured what the hell, I can buy it, mod it, have fun with it, then sell it for a profit. And that is what I did.

Still not really "into" mustangs, but it was a fun experience.
Duck Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 12:13 PM   #90
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Grew up in a Pontiac family. Long before I got my license, I fell in love with the GT40 and became a Ford fan. Didn't affect my father as a car was a means to get from point A to B. Time for my first car and my only option was a cheap car from the Pontiac dealer. It was a '66 Tempest convertible with a 250-4bbl OHC and three on the tree. Five months later got t-boned by an old woman. Was taken back to same Pontiac dealer. I wanted the GTO, 4-4-2 or Torino GT on the lot but no, I was forced into a '66 289-2bbl with three speed. I was hooked. That was 45 years ago. You see the two sweeties I now have.
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 04:05 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Mustang week, can't remember what year but probably about 6 years ago. I was already a fan but what really pushed me over was we went to Myrtle Beach and it just happened to be Mustang week. Been hooked every since.
sarge450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 12:27 AM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
My dad and Uncle had a 99 cobra that was pushing 475 at the wheels. The thing was a monster and I remember when I went for a ride and he punched it... it was music to my ears and love right away. Finally pulled the trigger on my 14 GT 2 weeks ago and passed the 3.8 Genesis Coupe to the fiance. Couldn't be happier
iMpact32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 07:49 AM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

everyone in my family has owned at least 1
john.petr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:17 AM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
My first car was a 1990 GT. I still look up 1993 Cobras on Autotrader...
I was very close to buying a 1996 Viper GTS last month, but was very disappointed in the performance, and, being 6' 4", I did not fit. Decided to test drive a 2014 GT track pack, and the rest is history.
hispeedlodrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:58 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
To be honest, Mustangs never did anything for me my whole life. They just looked and drove wrong in the 80s and the 90s weren't much better. Just off my radar. Then I was looking for my first new car at 43. I had $20K and I drove literally everything.

Then I drove a base model 2012 Mus tang that was rotting on the lot. It drove great, but wow the 13s looked so much cooler. And it had that V6, manual, rwd combination that you just don't find anywhere. But $23K was too much.

4th of July rolled around. I went to the dealer lot and there was a just released that week '14 in green with nothing on it for $19K and change after holiday specials. I kid you not, I literally had my son sit in it until we started the paperwork

It drives like a full size car, has the power of one, and yet is econobox priced. I tell everyone I know to get one instead of an econobox - while they last.

My last tank was 27mpg in Los Angeles rush hour traffic. I doubt if a Corolla would do a whole lot better.
JOberlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:37 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I grew up in a Ford family. My Grandfather always owned Ford products. When I was born, my parents had a Torino FB GT with a 390. I wish I could remember that car...

In High School one of my best friends had a '66 Fastback with a 289. It was baby blue. Ugh...We spent at least six months stripping it down to repaint it the original silver blue. I was 15 at the time and got hooked. I started to look since I had some money saved up to buy a car when I turned 16. I found a beat up '67 Fastback with a 289 4V and auto. Midnight Blue. We spent about a year fixing it up, but never got it back on the road except for open header runs in the neighborhood. Damn it was loud. I sold it for about break even to buy a sweet '66 Silver Frost Fastback with a 289 4V and 4 speed. I owned that car from '86 till my daughter was born in '99. We were moving into a new house and I really couldn't keep it...I really wish I had though...My next Mustang was a '95 GT Convertible that I bought in '02 and had until '06. I was Mustang-less until this past March when I bought my '14 V-6 Premium / MCA...This one will stay with me for a long time...

Steve
'14 Deep Impact Blue V-6 Coupe
MCA Package
V-6 Performance Package
Premium Package
SRE TUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 11:36 AM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
My goddamn friend, Tyler. Before badsheep got his five-oh, I had no real interest in Mustangs. Sure, Eleanor is a sexy car, you don't have to be a Ford fanatic to appreciate either of the Gone in 60 Seconds Mustangs. I have always liked Ford's 5.0L engine. Never owned one, but always appreciated it. I have a thing for the fox body simply because I like the five-oh, and Ford decided to cram it in the smallest car possible. And, my interest in the 302 led me to discover the 302 Boss. That engine, is something that I can appreciate. I love the ingenuity behind it. I love the mad-scientist approach Ford took putting the Cleveland heads on the 302. And, since Tyler got his SN95, it has grown on me a little bit. Has me thinking about buying/building a SN95-vert with a real Boss motor... 4-bolt block with big valve Cleveland heads.
DavidBoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 06:45 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
My goddamn friend, Tyler. Before badsheep got his five-oh, I had no real interest in Mustangs. Sure, Eleanor is a sexy car, you don't have to be a Ford fanatic to appreciate either of the Gone in 60 Seconds Mustangs. I have always liked Ford's 5.0L engine. Never owned one, but always appreciated it. I have a thing for the fox body simply because I like the five-oh, and Ford decided to cram it in the smallest car possible. And, my interest in the 302 led me to discover the 302 Boss. That engine, is something that I can appreciate. I love the ingenuity behind it. I love the mad-scientist approach Ford took putting the Cleveland heads on the 302. And, since Tyler got his SN95, it has grown on me a little bit. Has me thinking about buying/building a SN95-vert with a real Boss motor... 4-bolt block with big valve Cleveland heads.

Glad to help brother

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
badsheep5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 11:37 PM   #99

Region: Canada
Always had a love for muscle cars. Stangs always stood out for me. Especially 5.0 fox bodies. My mom got a brand new 2001 back in the day and I was officially hooked. Bought a new edge a few months ago, been working on it ever since. Bolt ons, after market headlights, tuner, exhaust... Its now a labour of love and im looking forward to owning more.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Mustang Evolution mobile app
02PonyPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:19 AM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

My dad always had muscle cars and he had a couple mustangs. I am now on my 4th mustang.

2014 5.OHHHHHH
Noodles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:43 AM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
My dad had an old SVO 4 cylinder, sold it before I was born, so he's partial to Mustangs. Also, some of my friends have Mustangs, one has a 2000 GT, one has a 2006 V6 convertible, and my Golf coach has a 2013 GT. When I was looking for a 1st car, I knew I wanted a Muscle car. So Mustang was the logical choice, and Camaro's are heavy, and somewhat hard to see out of, so that made it easy.

Now if my parents would have let me get a stick, I would have gotten an SS 1LE.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 10:06 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
My whole family was basically against fords, my dad had a 67 mustang fastback but after that nothing exciting. My mom always gets the overpriced luxury cars that cost a fortune to repair. My uncle was heavily into cars but was a chevy guy. One day my dad stopped at a used car dealership and found a 99-02 cobra in green. I remember the car salesman turning on the car and the v8 revving just blew my mind that something could sound that good. My dad didn't buy the car because he couldn't drive me and my brother to school in it. After that i started noticing mustangs and when the 2005 came out it changed everything for me. When it came time to get a car i honestly i wasn't only looking for mustangs. I was on eBay one day and this one mustang caught my eye. It was a 99 atlantic blue v6 and what caught my eye was how how clean the car was and that it had been lowered with some staggered rims. But it was $1,000 over my max spending amount. But my dad saw the car and called up the owner and bargained him down to my max spending amount. The day i got the car i had the biggest smile on my face and thought to myself wow this is my car. Ever since i have gotten my car i have learned so much about not only my body style mustang but every non carbureted mustang. Now i dont want to own any other car that isnt a mustang( except a supra or gtr).
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 03:28 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Here's the guy who got me into mustangs the cobra is his second mustang. The 5.0 is my 4th mustang.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1407702469.863640.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	754.0 KB
ID:	163198

2014 5.OHHHHHH
Noodles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 07:05 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
My mother's first car was a 65 fastback with a HiPo 289, my grandfather got this from a pit chief or pit crew member in 60's Era Nascar, my father had a 68 with a 302 Boss, and my half brother had a mid 80's Fox body with a 302 Boss, or 5.0. So you can say Ford and Mustangs are in the blood in our family my two and a half year old already points them out on the road.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion