Cadillac CTS-V - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-08-2013, 07:27 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Cadillac CTS-V

I was in a bit of a hurry going home last night and apparently a Cadillac thought I was trying to race - consider me shocked when the light changed green and this guy started passing me. I was embarrassed and told my husband not to tell anyone and he reminded me that I wasn't racing, but trying to get home to the bathroom.

I felt a little better when I got home and looked it up. Sheesh - 556hp and a 0-60 of 3.9 seconds and it starts at $60K. I should hope it's faster than me for twice the starting price of mine.

And to think I thought that 420 hp was more than plenty - I guess if I keep this car long-term, she's going to need to get blown.
SpaceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2013, 07:57 AM   #2
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Texas
They are usually driven by short accountants with a Napoleon complex. Don't worry about it, they feel how you did when they come across a Shelby or a Roush...or a sleeper blown GT.
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:25 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
i dunno about that...there are stock cts-v's running low 11's on drag times.com with radials

the fastest one on the site runs a 9.8 @ 139 mph with a 200 shot, intake, headers, exhaust, and drag radials

so i'd say if a GT500 was on radials and was tuned he could probably nip on the cts-v's heels...it's a good comparison though power, and price between the two. Cadillac made a decent car no doubt.

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2013, 08:49 AM   #4
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Cadillac made a decent car no doubt.

Another of the Government Motors wundermaschines that make their flagship, the Corvette, look bad. Back in the 80s, Pontiac made a prototype turbocharged V6 Fiero with obscene power but the higher ups would not let that go through because it would have ate up Corvettes. The Fiero went on to be the Indy pace car that year.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:00 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Um thanks for that I guess lol

Old 08-08-2013, 09:58 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
A first gen CTS-V with the LS6 or LS2 (400hp - 395tq) would run door to door with a new 5.0. My friend had one with the LS2 and he was running 12.9 @ 111 completely stock.

The current LSA (supercharged 6.2) powered V's are very quick. The same guy that had the first gen V now has a second gen. He has ran 11.9 @ 119 completely stock.

So yes, they do roll out very well.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac3 View Post
They are usually driven by short accountants with a Napoleon complex. Don't worry about it, they feel how you did when they come across a Shelby or a Roush...or a sleeper blown GT.
Hey now.... I'm a short. And an accountant.... Do I want a CTS-V? Hell yeah! My good friend had a black '09 sedan 6sp. The interior was kick *** and comfy. If I could afford it, it would be my family hauler.
We took our cars to the track one night. He couldn't drive it and was scared to break things. I had him at the 1/8th and then he drove around me. His time sucked but his mph was pretty good.
ksrumbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:59 PM   #8
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hey now.... I'm a short. And an accountant.... Do I want a CTS-V? Hell yeah! My good friend had a black '09 sedan 6sp. The interior was kick *** and comfy. If I could afford it, it would be my family hauler.

Hey nothing personal but you summed it up pretty good, "if you could afford it". I wouldn't have one if I could afford it. I'm one of the old school type with immense brand/model loyalty. Like we used to say, I'd rather push my Mustang than own a GM.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:06 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Hey nothing personal but you summed it up pretty good, "if you could afford it". I wouldn't have one if I could afford it. I'm one of the old school type with immense brand/model loyalty. Like we used to say, I'd rather push my Mustang than own a GM.
eh to me a cars a car lol...i just have a mustang preference but it wouldn't blind me to other nice cars

Old 08-08-2013, 11:14 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

The money thing is irrelevant in a comparison to the mustang. The cts v competes with the high dollar BMW, benzes, and audi cars. The cost comparison is laughable there. A M5 is pushing 95 grand...
Old 08-08-2013, 11:16 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude View Post
The money thing is irrelevant in a comparison to the mustang. The cts v competes with the high dollar BMW, benzes, and audi cars. The cost comparison is laughable there. A M5 is pushing 95 grand...
yep it's the kind of car that someone wants the raw power and handling but also the finer touches.

Old 08-08-2013, 11:20 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post

yep it's the kind of car that someone wants the raw power and handling but also the finer touches.
Yeah. I really think the caddilac CTS-V wagon with a manual transmission is possibly the coolest American built car today. I just ****ing love the idea of a 556hp wagon with a world class 6 speed and a warranty... I would debadge it and fit the quietest exhaust possible and go scare the **** out of as many people as possible.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:29 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

lol nice

Old 08-15-2013, 05:32 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude View Post

Yeah. I really think the caddilac CTS-V wagon with a manual transmission is possibly the coolest American built car today. I just ****ing love the idea of a 556hp wagon with a world class 6 speed and a warranty... I would debadge it and fit the quietest exhaust possible and go scare the **** out of as many people as possible.
I love the wagon as well. I'd take one in a heartbeat.

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:40 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

The only mustang thatll hang with one would be a 2013 gt500 or a stage 3 roush. If im not mistaken the 2012 shelbys get smoked by em.
Termi is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion