What to say in court for "Illegal screech of tires" ticket - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-26-2013, 05:43 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Cops around here can be pricks I had one throw my drivers liscense at me
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2013, 05:47 PM   #37
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic96
Kid ah hahaha I probably have kids older than u brother funny a guy calls himself Low Flyin (doesn't that mean going fast) and a guy with a new M Tang kinda seems like oppositional defiance or something. ANYWAYS good luck the guy who started this thread I'm 50 with an excellent driving record at least it was but if it's like my hometown of Belton MO I hadn't owned my car 30 days they pulled me for tint too dark and no front plate. I immediately corrected it costing me $150 went to court no break whatsoever add $250. Then the lovely town of Lone Jack MO pulled me saying I was doing 78 in a 65 I said no way my speedo said 65 went got it calibrated sure enough off 13 mph doin 50 when it says 40 went to court with paperwork speedo fixed no break actually charged me court costs in addition to the fine. I had an excellent driving record til now. So ur experience and opinion is urs and mine is mine whoever started this thread can decide on opinions not gettin in a pissin match with somebody I don't even know. Is that what we've digressed to a zero tolerance society sorry guys nobody can toe that line and if u couldn't tell I'm a bit of a non comformist don't believe we need a police state to be safe.
Missouri is a beautiful state. I visit several times a year and have yet to have any negative encounters with leo. I've butted heads with a few but they were always professional.

Sorry your luck is so bad, maybe you should check the laws sometime and stop sticking out like a sore thumb.

As far as being a non conformist I am a gun advocate and open carry advocate. I regularly have conversations with leo but I always know the law.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:02 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
What exactly do you call immature? Questioning authority, calling revenue generating laws bull**** or protesting corporate rule is that immature first let's define immature. Blindly doing everything authority figures tell you to like a child is immature in my opinion.

“All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.”―*Thomas Jefferson

Authority figures such as cops are just human just as fallible as everyone else just as susceptible to fault as the rest of us. Another quote for you "Absolute power corrupts Absolutely" I don't understand what is with the personal attack only thing I can figger is you guys need to get laid but go ahead keep those "eyes wide shut" and obey obey obey your masters they keep u safe give up more freedom so u can be safe from the bad guys whoever they say that is today!
Mystic96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2013, 06:07 PM   #39
Legacy Member
Legacy

On topic though I got a ticket for no tag when I bought my Bronco. Officer didn't care that I was still waiting on the title, didn't even look at the bill of sale. It had been longer than 7 days since I purchased it and the law says you must have a tag after 7 days.

Was I pissed? Sure...but bottom line is I was breaking the law.
Our's:
Old 08-26-2013, 06:09 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Maybe crying and ******** about nothing like a child.
Lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3577242506.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	125992  
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:43 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Not cryin son just tryin to wake u sheeple up a bit baa baa baa but I can see it's a lost cause no wonder things are so f'd up!
Oh and why are u a gun advocate "so u can go huntin" or for Constitutional reasons. Dumbass laws are still dumbass laws written vaguely on purpose "illegal screeching of tires" legally u must first define "illegal screeching" this law is designed to generate revenue based on how a cop interprets it. Does illegal screeching include braking, does it include a burnout that doesn't screech, does it include cornering tire noise, does it include wheel hop screeching over our crap infrastructure, does it include front and back tires? There are many many ways to make noise with tires that involve normal defensive driving. Lets get this straight I am not advocating breaking the law I am advocating questioning authority this is not North Korea or China here what little is left of the Constitution still means something to me. Oh and the childish memes don't really show that maturity u were so proud of a couple minutes ago
Old 08-27-2013, 06:02 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Whoa the ***** got off track fast .... I just don't understand how people get so defensive or nothing. To me it's people simple, trying to fight this one is a waste of time honestly. You don't have any witnesses to prove your side of the story, now it becomes a "here say" type of situation. And ii can rest assured the judge is gonna take the cops side of the the story unless you some type of celebrity or super rich and well off. This case is so trivial that it may get thrown out if the cops doesn't show up, but the cop bashing is silly. We've all come across kool ones and power trippin a'holes just like people in life you take the good with the bad yo. And also take responsibility for our own actions half the time it's never your fault and you did no wrong when it comes to getting a ticket, to that in the words of "aggravated man" ... "MAN!!! sit yo a$$ down"
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:50 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Easy dudes.

To the OP, just tell them what happened, don't lie about anything. From what it sounds like, this does seem like a BS ticket. I've only been pulled over one time for breaking a traffic law (all others were either forgetting my lights or because of my dbag friends, ha). That one time I was pulled over he gave me a BS ticket. I didn't even go fight it cause I had to work, but I also knew they wouldn't believe a 20 year old in a Mustang out driving at 3 in the morning.

Good luck broman.

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:52 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
I recommend setting up a time to ride a shift with a local officer...it will change your tone on what they do.
Naw. I'll pass on that. I already know where all of the donut shops and Starbucks are around here. And all of the places to pick up Hookers...
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Naw. I'll pass on that. I already know where all of the donut shops and Starbucks are around here. And all of the places to pick up Hookers...
Afraid they will run you for warrants and take you to jail?
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:10 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Afraid they will run you for warrants and take you to jail?
Haha. I love you Mtang.
I actually have some retired cop buddies. They get to hear this from me all the time.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:19 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Same here brother, my Uncle was a New Iberia cop a huntin buddy was in Fugitive Apprehension outta KC oh and Ed was a detective in Sedalia all humans being imperfect.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:42 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic96 View Post
Same here brother, my Uncle was a New Iberia cop a huntin buddy was in Fugitive Apprehension outta KC oh and Ed was a detective in Sedalia all humans being imperfect.
So true.
I'm with you on this Mystic. Some of these guys aren't quite getting it yet, but they will. Some of the younger guys anyway.
The problem is, that our freedoms and rights are being chipped away so slowly that it is difficult to tell. Until you get to around our age and look back and see how it has changed.
I wish that more people would study their history. If not world history, then just the history of this country. It's actually quite interesting, and it makes it easy to see that we're evolving into something completely different than the founding fathers intended.
When I come on here and rail against the cops, it's really this that I'm rebelling against. Not any traffic violations. I can only think of one ticket , in my entire life, that was questionable whether I deserved it or not. Law enforcement is just a tool. I have nothing ,personally, against the person wearing the badge, just the badge.
Like I said, they're just a tool. The real culprits are the people that keep getting elected and re-elected into public office. Both locally and the people sent to Washington.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:20 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Pull over when and where it is safe.
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:40 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post

So true.
I'm with you on this Mystic. Some of these guys aren't quite getting it yet, but they will. Some of the younger guys anyway.
The problem is, that our freedoms and rights are being chipped away so slowly that it is difficult to tell. Until you get to around our age and look back and see how it has changed.
I wish that more people would study their history. If not world history, then just the history of this country. It's actually quite interesting, and it makes it easy to see that we're evolving into something completely different than the founding fathers intended.
When I come on here and rail against the cops, it's really this that I'm rebelling against. Not any traffic violations. I can only think of one ticket , in my entire life, that was questionable whether I deserved it or not. Law enforcement is just a tool. I have nothing ,personally, against the person wearing the badge, just the badge.
Like I said, they're just a tool. The real culprits are the people that keep getting elected and re-elected into public office. Both locally and the people sent to Washington.
Exactly, also each is an individual fully responsible for their actions fully responsible to disobey illegal or immoral orders. That's written in the Code of Conduct remember "you can't handle the truth" Oh Yes we can we "Demand the Truth"
Old 08-29-2013, 06:57 PM   #51
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic96

Exactly, also each is an individual fully responsible for their actions fully responsible to disobey illegal or immoral orders. That's written in the Code of Conduct remember "you can't handle the truth" Oh Yes we can we "Demand the Truth"
Hey mystic, clear your pm inbox. Have an update for you.
Our's:
Old 08-31-2013, 12:26 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Done
Old 08-31-2013, 08:58 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Gotta give it to mystic. Cops never helped me. Or saved me. Never will either.
Cranker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:32 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranker View Post
Gotta give it to mystic. Cops never helped me. Or saved me. Never will either.
^ fortune teller lol
Old 09-01-2013, 09:14 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

I've been said to be psychic.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:46 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I've been said to be psychic.
Yea until someone breaks into your house or your in a situation where you need a cop on your side. Good luck on that bro.
Rselsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:40 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

We live in a country where pizza shows up faster than the police, lmao.

Trust me brother, I'll take my AR15 or 1911 WAAAAAAAYYYYY before I count on a cop.

Only difference between me and a officer, at that point, is the badge and the fact that I'm ACTUALLY THERE to defuse the situation.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:03 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
We live in a country where pizza shows up faster than the police, lmao.

Trust me brother, I'll take my AR15 or 1911 WAAAAAAAYYYYY before I count on a cop.

Only difference between me and a officer, at that point, is the badge and the fact that I'm ACTUALLY THERE to defuse the situation.
I'm totally on your side on that one. I agree with you. It's pathetic on how you can get a pizza or whatever faster then cops getting to a scene. Gotta ask what brands lol. I got a ar15 but debating on what 1911 to get
Old 09-02-2013, 12:21 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

I got a stag arms ar, which is great for me being a southpaw.

As far as 1911s go, I've shot um all lol

Les Baer, s&w, kimber, para, ruger, you name it.

But the one I bought for the best bang for your buck is a Springfield armory range officer. None compare for that price, well built, And hasn't jammed in 4,000 rounds.

What you shootin man?
Old 09-02-2013, 12:36 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Well right now I got a dpms ar. But still wanting more. I built my own custom gun cabinet and it holds upto 14 rifles and a bunch of pistol slots. I'm slowly getting my gun collection up. Have up to 6 guns in my case right now. Pistol wise I got a high point I know everyone hates em but I've shot easily 1000plus rounds threw it and not one jam
Old 09-02-2013, 01:54 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Ufffffff I love 1911s, hands down my favorite pistol. I have a colt series 70 and it's pretty nice, but it it picky with ammo and magazines, some magazines won't feed right. It's most likely because its an older gun and the previous owner didn't do a very good job taking care of it.

My dad has an Ed Brown, which is basically a custom and that gun is an absolute masterpiece.

Roxanne- 1998 Mustang GT Convertible: 5-Speed, 2001 PI 2V swap, o/r h-pipe, Magnaflow catback, MGW shifter,
3.73 gears, Auburn LSD, TA diff cover, MM FLSFCs, Ford Strut Tower Brace, J&M SS Brake Lines, and a lot of visual/restoration work.
DutchManDann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:26 AM   #62
Legacy Member
Legacy

I lost all my guns in a tragic boating accident
Our's:
Old 09-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Nice guys. Shame we can all go shooting together. =\
Old 09-03-2013, 12:40 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Well I got all charges dropped because the officer didn't show up. I know, not exactly a win, but definitely not a loss.

It was funny though, the judge would say something to the people he had to let off, for example one girl blew a stop sign, and he had to let her off. But he would say "we have to drop all charges but be more careful and start paying attention to stop signs, because you have to stop at stop signs". Or something like that.

When I went up there, he asked me some questions like my name and whatever. Then he says "because there is no prosecution I am going to drop all charges, next time just..." And he paused to look at what my ticket was for, he got this dumbfounded look on his face, and said "we'll next time just try not to bring attention to yourself I guess.." Lol

Roxanne- 1998 Mustang GT Convertible: 5-Speed, 2001 PI 2V swap, o/r h-pipe, Magnaflow catback, MGW shifter,
3.73 gears, Auburn LSD, TA diff cover, MM FLSFCs, Ford Strut Tower Brace, J&M SS Brake Lines, and a lot of visual/restoration work.
DutchManDann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:02 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchManDann View Post
Well I got all charges dropped because the officer didn't show up. I know, not exactly a win, but definitely not a loss.

It was funny though, the judge would say something to the people he had to let off, for example one girl blew a stop sign, and he had to let her off. But he would say "we have to drop all charges but be more careful and start paying attention to stop signs, because you have to stop at stop signs". Or something like that.

When I went up there, he asked me some questions like my name and whatever. Then he says "because there is no prosecution I am going to drop all charges, next time just..." And he paused to look at what my ticket was for, he got this dumbfounded look on his face, and said "we'll next time just try not to bring attention to yourself I guess.." Lol
lawl. win.
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:11 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Awesome dude!
Old 09-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

That is an absolute win!
Precisely why I advocate going to court if you have the time...
Congratulations!!!
Old 09-03-2013, 02:36 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchManDann View Post

Told you ...
Old 09-04-2013, 03:26 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Even judges know a lot of cops just aren't right!
Old 09-04-2013, 05:14 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic96 View Post
Even judges know a lot of cops just aren't right!
Tis true, but we all know them blue bloods stick together, if that cop would've shown up he was screwed.... Lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion