What to say in court for "Illegal screech of tires" ticket - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-30-2013, 12:35 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by FortyBrandon View Post
Just tell them the truth. The cop was having a bad day and was set to give you a ticket if you did something or not so he fantasizes your car screeching so he could use that to give you a ticket lol.
Video records? Maybe a good source or not depending on your definition of screech and the reality of your screech. But I hope for the best for you.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2013, 12:48 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchManDann View Post

I didn't "continue to drive an extra block". I pulled over when I thought it was safest to do so. My girlfriends neighborhood has a Main Street and all the other streets branch off of it, and people speed on it all the time. I was driving an extra 10 seconds. And this is beside the point because I'm not even going to bring it up in court.

2.) Sure, if that floats your boat, it was "unsafe" but now it's not because I fixed it.

I have no points on my record. I have had two speeding tickets on which I had court supervision. I was speeding, so I pled guilty.

A third speeding ticket I pled not guilty because I was not guilty. I got all Charges dropped, let off free.

I am not guilty, I did nothing wrong. So why should I pay $150 and sit on court supervision, and give money to this corrupt *** state because of "illegal screeching my tires"? When all I was doing was taking my damn girlfriend home at 8 o'clock on a Thursday because I worked in the morning?

Also my girlfriend is going to come to court with me as a witness.
Just tell him you can't control the roads and the myriad of conditions that may cause you to lose control. You can only control your vehicle. Because of the unevenness and the bump on the road it cause your car that's known to wheel hop to shimmy to the right a bit.

Tell the judge that it was because of your carefulness that you were able to maintain control of the vehicle although it did screech a bit but it did not excessively lay down two black stripes.

You can't control all the conditions that caused a screech. No one can. Did the ticket say peel our or excessive acceleration? No. It said screech. Not burnout. Not racing. I was merely navigating my car in the most careful manner under a condition that temporarily cause it to screech a spilt second.

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

Oh shiit. Too late to the party. Gratz tho!
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:46 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Just tell him you can't control the roads and the myriad of conditions that may cause you to lose control. You can only control your vehicle. Because of the unevenness and the bump on the road it cause your car that's known to wheel hop to shimmy to the right a bit. Tell the judge that it was because of your carefulness that you were able to maintain control of the vehicle although it did screech a bit but it did not excessively lay down two black stripes. You can't control all the conditions that caused a screech. No one can. Did the ticket say peel our or excessive acceleration? No. It said screech. Not burnout. Not racing. I was merely navigating my car in the most careful manner under a condition that temporarily cause it to screech a spilt second. ---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ---------- Oh shiit. Too late to the party. Gratz tho!
That is really good advice. Had the fight gotten to that point I was going to say something very similar to that. I just got lucky and the officer didn't even show up

Roxanne- 1998 Mustang GT Convertible: 5-Speed, 2001 PI 2V swap, o/r h-pipe, Magnaflow catback, MGW shifter,
3.73 gears, Auburn LSD, TA diff cover, MM FLSFCs, Ford Strut Tower Brace, J&M SS Brake Lines, and a lot of visual/restoration work.
DutchManDann is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2013, 03:12 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
You pretty much got f'cked. Cops are bad they are not your friends no matter if they are a good cop, bad cop. Don't have your head up your *** and trust one ever all they want is to get you in big trouble so they can get a better pay check and they will almost exaggerate what you did to get you in big trouble. I was in big trouble in the law a while back talked to a few lawyers and it completely opened my eyes. But anyways you can pay a lawyer 700$ to fight it and win and not pay 19% more on insurance till your 21 or you could just pay the 200$ ticket and ask and hope to get on probation you'll be lucky if the judge is graceful and will throw it out all out which are all possibilities have your parents stand behind you when you come up to the judge and you gotta do all the talking maybe the judge will see your parents are aware of the situation and are taking care of it "even though you didn't do anything wrong" what you could do is get a lawyer and if the judge doesn't put you on probation I'd change to not guilty you'll get another court date get a lawyer and fight it and win I wouldn't say anything about your suspension on your car the judge will not want to hear that. Just tell the judge what you got a ticket for admit to it tell the truth if he thinks it's ridiculous she will throw it out or put you on probation if he doesn't plead not guilty get another court date and get a Lawyer unless you wanna risk or afford 19% more on car insurance till your 21
12.1 @ 117.9 (1.7) in 1/4th
7.6 @ 92.1 (1.6) in 1/8th
Speed_Mister is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion