What to say in court for "Illegal screech of tires" ticket - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-25-2013, 12:38 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
What to say in court for "Illegal screech of tires" ticket

So about a month ago, I got pulled over and got a ticket for illegal screeching my tires. I am going to fight it in court but I need help deciding what to say.

What actually happened, I was at a red light on my way to drop my girlfriend off. Her neighborhood was yhe next right turn after the intersection. I accelerated through the intersection normally and there was a bump in the road that I hit and one of my wheels broke traction, and screeched somewhat. I shifted to 2nd, turned right into the neighborhood and went 20mph all the way to her house. The officer pulled in and was about 200-300 feet behind me and quickly turned his lights on. I immediately pulled right, put my emergency blinkers on, and went to pull into the next road which was about a block down.

He got out of the car yelling, and screaming in his heavy Irish accent how whn he turns his lights on I have to pull over instantly without question and I tried to explain that I was just pulling into the next non-major road for safety or whatever and he contined to yell "dont tell me how to do my job" and then took my license. Didn't tell me what he pulled me over for.

Came back 10 minute later with a ticket, told me "make sure you request court supervision" gave it to me, then gave me a lecture on pulling over right away. Then he told me "I wouldn't have given you this ticket if you had pulled over right away". Also mentioned that I "screeched my tires not once but twice".

I have a court date next Tuesday and I am wondering what you guys think I should say. Should I tell them the truth, that I screeched my tires a bit but it was completely unintentional and I corrected it immediately. I would also add that my rear struts were bad and that i replaced them and i have seen no problems with lose of traction since (and id show a receipt of the purchase). Or should I go in there and say "I didn't screech my tires, there was a lot of traffic and it could have been someone else" or something similar.

Thanks guys I could use the advice.

Roxanne- 1998 Mustang GT Convertible: 5-Speed, 2001 PI 2V swap, o/r h-pipe, Magnaflow catback, MGW shifter,
3.73 gears, Auburn LSD, TA diff cover, MM FLSFCs, Ford Strut Tower Brace, J&M SS Brake Lines, and a lot of visual/restoration work.
DutchManDann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Lying isnt the answer.

Did you do it once or twice? Hows your driving record? And how long did you take to pull over?
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:09 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Just so everyone knows... Pull over instantly... Not when you want to buy when the light come on!
Aruiz42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2013, 01:19 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

+1 immediately as long as its a safe location for the both of you
Old 08-25-2013, 01:25 PM   #5
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Never had a problem with a officer when pulling over in a safe area. Sounds like he was having a ****ty day and took it out on you. Go to court,tell the truth and fight it. For the record.......I will never pull over immediately when a LEO lights me up. It's for your safety and theirs.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruiz42
Just so everyone knows... Pull over instantly... Not when you want to buy when the light come on!
Wrong...
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

Wrong...
+1
Old 08-25-2013, 01:58 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Just tell them the truth. The cop was having a bad day and was set to give you a ticket if you did something or not so he fantasizes your car screeching so he could use that to give you a ticket lol.
FortyBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:26 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruiz42 View Post
That is ABSOLUTELY wrong. You pull over in a reasonable time where it is safe to do so. Ive pulled over in places where the "nice" officer had his choice of standing in the mud or standing in traffic to "speak" to me. I like to make it as difficult as I possibly can for them. Without ending up in handcuffs, of course. Bastards.
I was just recently in court to fight a ticket (any small wonder?) that I had no defense for. I was just hoping the cop wouldn't show up. He did and that is exactly what I told them. Lol.
OP, it's extremely difficult for you to win in court without a lawyer. The only time that I've seen it done is when the cop doesn't show up. Don't get me wrong, it happens but is rare. Part of their training involves testifying in court and most are very good at their craft. I don't usually recommend people to "lawyer up" in traffic cases, but, I'm thinking a good lawyer could probably work this Jackass over pretty good in court. It would be fun to watch him squirm a little. Expensive though...
You could try it in court yourself also. Plead INNOCENT. And tell the TRUTH. You have a plausible story. Id go to court on this regardless of what I thought the outcome might be. Thats just me though...
And my final thought... A cop with a "heavy Irish accent"?!!??!? Where do you live?... Early 20th century New York city?...
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:43 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

What does the citation say on your ticket ? Find out how much is to pay, if it's nothing pay it and get her done.
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #11
ME Bloodhound
Staff

As long as you give them a form of acknowledgement that you will pull over you are allowed to continue driving until you feel that you can pull over in a safe area. Safe being no road hazards or if it is night time then a parking lot with other people or a place with street lights.

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

If the judge knows anything about cars, tell him that your car has a SRA, which tend to get a bunch of wheel hop when you hit a bump. The wheel hop is what made you break loose.

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black8thElement View Post
What does the citation say on your ticket ? Find out how much is to pay, if it's nothing pay it and get her done.
That's exactly why cops love writing tickets, most people won't fight them even if they are undeserved tickets. If you didn't do anything wrong then fight it.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:53 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchManDann View Post
So about a month ago, I got pulled over and got a ticket for illegal screeching my tires. I am going to fight it in court but I need help deciding what to say.

What actually happened, I was at a red light on my way to drop my girlfriend off. Her neighborhood was yhe next right turn after the intersection. I accelerated through the intersection normally and there was a bump in the road that I hit and one of my wheels broke traction, and screeched somewhat. I shifted to 2nd, turned right into the neighborhood and went 20mph all the way to her house. The officer pulled in and was about 200-300 feet behind me and quickly turned his lights on. I immediately pulled right, put my emergency blinkers on, and went to pull into the next road which was about a block down.

He got out of the car yelling, and screaming in his heavy Irish accent how whn he turns his lights on I have to pull over instantly without question and I tried to explain that I was just pulling into the next non-major road for safety or whatever and he contined to yell "dont tell me how to do my job" and then took my license. Didn't tell me what he pulled me over for.

Came back 10 minute later with a ticket, told me "make sure you request court supervision" gave it to me, then gave me a lecture on pulling over right away. Then he told me "I wouldn't have given you this ticket if you had pulled over right away". Also mentioned that I "screeched my tires not once but twice".

I have a court date next Tuesday and I am wondering what you guys think I should say. Should I tell them the truth, that I screeched my tires a bit but it was completely unintentional and I corrected it immediately. I would also add that my rear struts were bad and that i replaced them and i have seen no problems with lose of traction since (and id show a receipt of the purchase). Or should I go in there and say "I didn't screech my tires, there was a lot of traffic and it could have been someone else" or something similar.

Thanks guys I could use the advice.
I immediately pulled right, put my emergency blinkers on, and went to pull into the next road which was about a block down.

1) You continued to drive for an extra block. Turn on your signal, pull over and slowly stick you arm out the window and point in front of your car. If he doesn't want you to stop their, he will get on his PA and tell you where to go. People that jack rabbit, do exactly what you did. He wouldn't pull you over in an area where it would have been dangerous for him. Officers pull their vehicles slightly to the left, so they have some protection from anyone else hitting them.

I would also add that my rear struts were bad and that i replaced them and i have seen no problems with lose of traction since (and id show a receipt of the purchase).

2) So you were operating a motor vehicle that was UNSAFE to operate on the public highways and road?

3) Your word that you have had no problems since? How old were the struts? Perhaps the judge might have an officer go exam your vehicle to see if there are new struts and no other defective equipment?

Is there a fine on the ticket? How many points do you have on your record?

This site will explain what Court Supervision is in Illinois.

What happens on court supervision

Don't bother wasting the money to try and fight it. Unless your going to lose your license, it won't be worth it financially. If you on Court Supervision and don't violate the provisions your ticket will be dismissed.

Lastly, is it any wonder why straybullitt is in and out of court?

I lied, one more thing. Officers are either given comp time, paid vacation time or are paid time and a half for showing up for traffic court. To stretch out their time and a half, all those that want to plead guilty goes first. Then everyone else that thinks their F.Lee Bailey, gets their shot.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:00 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Hehe. I'm a Rebel...
Old 08-25-2013, 05:49 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post

I immediately pulled right, put my emergency blinkers on, and went to pull into the next road which was about a block down.

1) You continued to drive for an extra block. Turn on your signal, pull over and slowly stick you arm out the window and point in front of your car. If he doesn't want you to stop their, he will get on his PA and tell you where to go. People that jack rabbit, do exactly what you did. He wouldn't pull you over in an area where it would have been dangerous for him. Officers pull their vehicles slightly to the left, so they have some protection from anyone else hitting them.

I would also add that my rear struts were bad and that i replaced them and i have seen no problems with lose of traction since (and id show a receipt of the purchase).

2) So you were operating a motor vehicle that was UNSAFE to operate on the public highways and road?

3) Your word that you have had no problems since? How old were the struts? Perhaps the judge might have an officer go exam your vehicle to see if there are new struts and no other defective equipment?

Is there a fine on the ticket? How many points do you have on your record?

This site will explain what Court Supervision is in Illinois.

What happens on court supervision

Don't bother wasting the money to try and fight it. Unless your going to lose your license, it won't be worth it financially. If you on Court Supervision and don't violate the provisions your ticket will be dismissed.

Lastly, is it any wonder why straybullitt is in and out of court?

I lied, one more thing. Officers are either given comp time, paid vacation time or are paid time and a half for showing up for traffic court. To stretch out their time and a half, all those that want to plead guilty goes first. Then everyone else that thinks their F.Lee Bailey, gets their shot.
I didn't "continue to drive an extra block". I pulled over when I thought it was safest to do so. My girlfriends neighborhood has a Main Street and all the other streets branch off of it, and people speed on it all the time. I was driving an extra 10 seconds. And this is beside the point because I'm not even going to bring it up in court.

2.) Sure, if that floats your boat, it was "unsafe" but now it's not because I fixed it.

I have no points on my record. I have had two speeding tickets on which I had court supervision. I was speeding, so I pled guilty.

A third speeding ticket I pled not guilty because I was not guilty. I got all Charges dropped, let off free.

I am not guilty, I did nothing wrong. So why should I pay $150 and sit on court supervision, and give money to this corrupt *** state because of "illegal screeching my tires"? When all I was doing was taking my damn girlfriend home at 8 o'clock on a Thursday because I worked in the morning?

Also my girlfriend is going to come to court with me as a witness.

Roxanne- 1998 Mustang GT Convertible: 5-Speed, 2001 PI 2V swap, o/r h-pipe, Magnaflow catback, MGW shifter,
3.73 gears, Auburn LSD, TA diff cover, MM FLSFCs, Ford Strut Tower Brace, J&M SS Brake Lines, and a lot of visual/restoration work.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:57 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I may ask my dad if he knows a lawyer but he probably won't want to pay one. All I know is it isn't like I lit my tires up through the intersection and sped away. I was obeying the traffic laws and lost traction and just tried to correct it.

Idk if I should bring up the rear struts thing in court or not, if they will even care. I just figured it might be good to show some sort of "I corrected the problem" type thing.

And I am already going to court so there is no "just pay it". I need advice on how to plead my case

Old 08-25-2013, 07:24 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I may ask my dad if he knows a lawyer but he probably won't want to pay one. All I know is it isn't like I lit my tires up through the intersection and sped away. I was obeying the traffic laws and lost traction and just tried to correct it.

Idk if I should bring up the rear struts thing in court or not, if they will even care. I just figured it might be good to show some sort of "I corrected the problem" type thing.

And I am already going to court so there is no "just pay it". I need advice on how to plead my case
I'm not sure how that will go over either. Like New Mtang said you will then be admitting to driving a car that was in disrepair, but that's not why you're in court either. This is why I said that it is difficult to win on your own. One bad choice of words and your done. The cop is in his element and will word his testimony to favor his side of the story. And, to make matters worse, traffic court judges are, usually, very hesitant to side with the defendants unless there is some strong evidence that the officer issued the ticket in error.
I think you are doing the right thing by going to court but don't get your hopes up too high. And I don't think I'd get a lawyer for a $150 ticket, but, like I said, your story seems plausible and, perhaps the judge will reduce the fine or give you some kind of break.
And Mtang, I have been in traffic court a grand total of two times in the last twenty or so years. That hardly qualifies me as someone who is "in and out of court" all the time...
Old 08-25-2013, 07:39 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
As long as you give them a form of acknowledgement that you will pull over you are allowed to continue driving until you feel that you can pull over in a safe area. Safe being no road hazards or if it is night time then a parking lot with other people or a place with street lights.

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

If the judge knows anything about cars, tell him that your car has a SRA, which tend to get a bunch of wheel hop when you hit a bump. The wheel hop is what made you break loose.

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

That's exactly why cops love writing tickets, most people won't fight them even if they are undeserved tickets. If you didn't do anything wrong then fight it.
Dude that's the system, where country are you from lol you think a JUDGE is gonna take your word over a COP keep dreamin son. Trying to fight it would be a waste if you ask me, or unless you can find Matlock

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

^ f'n auto text lol *what* lol but to follow up my point ... The judge will look at two things 1. Your age 2. The car your driving call it profiling whatever but if a cop says you were driving unsafe the judge will take his side period
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:17 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black8thElement View Post

Dude that's the system, where country are you from lol you think a JUDGE is gonna take your word over a COP keep dreamin son. Trying to fight it would be a waste if you ask me, or unless you can find Matlock

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

^ f'n auto text lol *what* lol but to follow up my point ... The judge will look at two things 1. Your age 2. The car your driving call it profiling whatever but if a cop says you were driving unsafe the judge will take his side period
Fight that ticket dude!!!!
88GHOSTFOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:37 PM   #19
Registered Member

Regular

Lol. Before court, take the time to find his car and follow at a distance. Get pics and video of him breaking traffic laws. Not using turn signals, speeding without his lights on. Show him what it feels like. Jp. Dnt do that unless u have bowling ball size stones.

What soccer lover said is correct. U do not have to pull over until u feel safe. The smartest thing to do would be call 911 and let them know u r going to pull over soon. That way, they can notify the officer.

To fight it and win will be a stretch but it could happen. Best thing to do is if u are going to tell all that to not drive ur car. I'm sure they are not willing to pay an officer to drive to ur house and inspect ur car.

How fast where u going when u hit the bump? In my mind to get any kind of screech, u would have had to be making pretty good time.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:49 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
I'm not sure how that will go over either. Like New Mtang said you will then be admitting to driving a car that was in disrepair, but that's not why you're in court either. This is why I said that it is difficult to win on your own. One bad choice of words and your done. The cop is in his element and will word his testimony to favor his side of the story. And, to make matters worse, traffic court judges are, usually, very hesitant to side with the defendants unless there is some strong evidence that the officer issued the ticket in error.
I think you are doing the right thing by going to court but don't get your hopes up too high. And I don't think I'd get a lawyer for a $150 ticket, but, like I said, your story seems plausible and, perhaps the judge will reduce the fine or give you some kind of break.
And Mtang, I have been in traffic court a grand total of two times in the last twenty or so years. That hardly qualifies me as someone who is "in and out of court" all the time...
That's two more times than me. So your Qualified as an "EXPERT."
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:22 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
Lol. Before court, take the time to find his car and follow at a distance. Get pics and video of him breaking traffic laws. Not using turn signals, speeding without his lights on. Show him what it feels like. Jp. Dnt do that unless u have bowling ball size stones.

What soccer lover said is correct. U do not have to pull over until u feel safe. The smartest thing to do would be call 911 and let them know u r going to pull over soon. That way, they can notify the officer.

To fight it and win will be a stretch but it could happen. Best thing to do is if u are going to tell all that to not drive ur car. I'm sure they are not willing to pay an officer to drive to ur house and inspect ur car.

How fast where u going when u hit the bump? In my mind to get any kind of screech, u would have had to be making pretty good time.
The only defense you could have, is that your struts were bad. SO then you were operating a vehicle unsafe on the road. So even you show up with your receipt, the only way the judge can cut you a break is to have the officer issuing the ticket, go outside and inspect your vehicle.

You don't take the car, like the judge hasn't heard B.S. before. He can have you go get it and bring it to the parking lot. You tell the judge the car is broken and the judge tells you, GUILTY!

You have two speeding tickets already on your record. You may have beat a third one but you didn't mention how you won your case. The officer not showing up may have kicked it out of court but it will still be on your driving record.

As for your excuse of not being safe, it was 8:00 p.m. Still daylight. Your going to say ALL THAT HORRENDOUS TRAFFIC MADE IT UNSAFE. Then the officer could tell judge we pull people over in that area all the time. Yet no traffic accidents.

Now if it’s 4 a.m. and you’re a single female and wish to go to a more lighted area, that will is a whole different ball game.

YOUR CREDIBILITY WILL BE ZERO. Taking your girlfriend won't help, as she is NOT a neutral party. I wrote hundreds of tickets. Pony up the cash. Not to mention, every time your caught speeding, (which appears to be on a regular basis), you will get cited again. When an officer runs you and finds out how many other citations you have been issued, your toast. Any thought of giving you a break will only be a fleeting moment.

Learn to slow down. Now you can whine all you want but you asked for advice and got it for FREE.

As for the ticket.....TO BE DETERMINED AT A FUTURE TIME!
Old 08-26-2013, 05:02 AM   #22
Registered Member

Regular

Maybe I just live in a small town and if ur guilty ur guilty. I say this tho, If u wanna fight it, the worst that can happen is ur guilty. No more guilty than if u plead guilty. U pull over where u feel safe, bottom line. If I wasnt gonna pull over right away, I would have called and let them know. That whole, "pull over when and where I say" mentality does not fly. However, if u r not gonna pull over right away, let them know. I dnt care if its noon, if I want to pull to a public place, I have the right to do so. I dnt know about everybody else but we had a guy here impersonating a police officer. He had a very legit scheme.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:24 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The only defense you could have, is that your struts were bad. SO then you were operating a vehicle unsafe on the road. So even you show up with your receipt, the only way the judge can cut you a break is to have the officer issuing the ticket, go outside and inspect your vehicle.

You don't take the car, like the judge hasn't heard B.S. before. He can have you go get it and bring it to the parking lot. You tell the judge the car is broken and the judge tells you, GUILTY!

You have two speeding tickets already on your record. You may have beat a third one but you didn't mention how you won your case. The officer not showing up may have kicked it out of court but it will still be on your driving record.

As for your excuse of not being safe, it was 8:00 p.m. Still daylight. Your going to say ALL THAT HORRENDOUS TRAFFIC MADE IT UNSAFE. Then the officer could tell judge we pull people over in that area all the time. Yet no traffic accidents.

Now if it’s 4 a.m. and you’re a single female and wish to go to a more lighted area, that will is a whole different ball game.

YOUR CREDIBILITY WILL BE ZERO. Taking your girlfriend won't help, as she is NOT a neutral party. I wrote hundreds of tickets. Pony up the cash. Not to mention, every time your caught speeding, (which appears to be on a regular basis), you will get cited again. When an officer runs you and finds out how many other citations you have been issued, your toast. Any thought of giving you a break will only be a fleeting moment.

Learn to slow down. Now you can whine all you want but you asked for advice and got it for FREE.

As for the ticket.....TO BE DETERMINED AT A FUTURE TIME!
I don't think you're understanding my story very well because a good part of what you said doesn't make sense for what I am saying.

"Every time I'm caught speeding, which appears to be on a regular basis" 3 speeding tickets in over 3 years, 2 of which happened in the first year, and the third happened a few months ago. Hardly a regular basis. When I was 16 did I need to slow down? Sure. But I'm a 19 year old college student and I can barely afford to put gas in my car, the last thing I am going to do is roast my tires through an intersection for absolutely no reason. Especially when my tires are almost brand new.

And the thing about not pulling over right away, firstly, won't be brought up in court by me because it has absolutely nothing to do with the citation. And second, here's the thing. It's not like I was driving for 10 minutes before I pulled over. He flipped his lights, I pulled into THE VERY NEXT STREET ON THE RIGHT. I was driving maybe 10 seconds longer than if I had pulled over instantly. Plus, I actually didn't even think the cop was trying to pull me over because I didn't know I had done anything wrong because I knew for a fact I wasn't speeding or driving poorly or whatever.

My dad was driving next to me in his motorcycle before I pulled into the neighborhood and he even told me that I was driving like a grandma the whole time.

And I wasn't speeding or accelerating insanely when I hit the bump. I was in the higher RPMs of 1st gear (4000ish) which is why it lost traction. The reason I was that high in RPMs is because I was turning right relatively soon and I wanted to shift to 2nd and stay in second for the turn if that makes any sense. I didn't want to have to shift to third and then back to 2nd.

So I'm just going to have to hope justice prevails I suppose.

Old 08-26-2013, 08:53 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Don't go in and pay a lawer a ton of money over making your tires chirp that's just silly. Just fight it yourself
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:16 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:

I don't think you're understanding my story very well because a good part of what you said doesn't make sense for what I am saying.

"Every time I'm caught speeding, which appears to be on a regular basis" 3 speeding tickets in over 3 years, 2 of which happened in the first year, and the third happened a few months ago. Hardly a regular basis. When I was 16 did I need to slow down? Sure. But I'm a 19 year old college student and I can barely afford to put gas in my car, the last thing I am going to do is roast my tires through an intersection for absolutely no reason. Especially when my tires are almost brand new.

And the thing about not pulling over right away, firstly, won't be brought up in court by me because it has absolutely nothing to do with the citation. And second, here's the thing. It's not like I was driving for 10 minutes before I pulled over. He flipped his lights, I pulled into THE VERY NEXT STREET ON THE RIGHT. I was driving maybe 10 seconds longer than if I had pulled over instantly. Plus, I actually didn't even think the cop was trying to pull me over because I didn't know I had done anything wrong because I knew for a fact I wasn't speeding or driving poorly or whatever.

My dad was driving next to me in his motorcycle before I pulled into the neighborhood and he even told me that I was driving like a grandma the whole time.

And I wasn't speeding or accelerating insanely when I hit the bump. I was in the higher RPMs of 1st gear (4000ish) which is why it lost traction. The reason I was that high in RPMs is because I was turning right relatively soon and I wanted to shift to 2nd and stay in second for the turn if that makes any sense. I didn't want to have to shift to third and then back to 2nd.

So I'm just going to have to hope justice prevails I suppose.
Including this time your speaking on, it sounds like you have been pulled over 4 times in 3 years. That is very much a regular basis when you consider many of us haven't been pulled over in a decade.

It does typically take being pulled over on a regular basis when your 19 to teach you that getting stopped sucks. After my insurance ballooned to $410 a month I learned to slow down
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:26 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

It's all about revenue, cops aren't protecting and serving they're profiling and collecting. I don't need a cop lecturing me about anything give me the tax bill and go away, just because they have a badge doesn't make them any more than a person with a badge! Revenue and collecting are the priorities, justice has taken a back seat all municipalities care about is collecting money no fix it tickets anymore pay pay pay even after ya pay to fix it. "So u call this, your free country, tell me why it costs so much to live"! That's my soapbox two cents!
Mystic96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:54 AM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic96
It's all about revenue, cops aren't protecting and serving they're profiling and collecting. I don't need a cop lecturing me about anything give me the tax bill and go away, just because they have a badge doesn't make them any more than a person with a badge! Revenue and collecting are the priorities, justice has taken a back seat all municipalities care about is collecting money no fix it tickets anymore pay pay pay even after ya pay to fix it. "So u call this, your free country, tell me why it costs so much to live"! That's my soapbox two cents!
I recommend setting up a time to ride a shift with a local officer...it will change your tone on what they do.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:07 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

No it won't.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:32 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Cant change immaturity ^
Old 08-26-2013, 11:47 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

I am sure police officers go through a lot, a lot, a lot of bullcrap throughout their day. But that gives them no right to treat other people the way I got treated when I got pulled over.

I work at Starbucks, which is a customer service focused job. I go through a lot of bull crap too, and a lot of really stupid people. I still have the decency to treat people the way you should treat a human being.

Just because police officer has a badge doesn't make them better than anyone else. And it doesn't give them the right to treat people like crap.

Old 08-26-2013, 03:49 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
I recommend setting up a time to ride a shift with a local officer...it will change your tone on what they do.
+1. You can't change the mind of a "KID" who thinks he is smarter than anyone else he encounters.

It's all about revenue, cops aren't protecting and serving they're profiling and collecting.

Sorry but it's all about correcting BAD DRIVING HABITS. Fix it tickets are for correcting a minor problem that will make your vehicle safer, seat belts, tinted windows.....Speeding tickets, breaking traction, incidents that show someone is operating unsafely and drunk driving, gets arrested.

If it was all about revenue, the fines would be a lot more expensive and more punitive.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:01 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

+1. You can't change the mind of a "KID" who thinks he is smarter than anyone else he encounters.

It's all about revenue, cops aren't protecting and serving they're profiling and collecting.

Sorry but it's all about correcting BAD DRIVING HABITS. Fix it tickets are for correcting a minor problem that will make your vehicle safer, seat belts, tinted windows.....Speeding tickets, breaking traction, incidents that show someone is operating unsafely and drunk driving, gets arrested.

If it was all about revenue, the fines would be a lot more expensive and more punitive.
You clearly don't live in Illinois then.

Old 08-26-2013, 04:03 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I had a friend get pulled for having lights where is license plate is
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:19 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Kid ah hahaha I probably have kids older than u brother funny a guy calls himself Low Flyin (doesn't that mean going fast) and a guy with a new M Tang kinda seems like oppositional defiance or something. ANYWAYS good luck the guy who started this thread I'm 50 with an excellent driving record at least it was but if it's like my hometown of Belton MO I hadn't owned my car 30 days they pulled me for tint too dark and no front plate. I immediately corrected it costing me $150 went to court no break whatsoever add $250. Then the lovely town of Lone Jack MO pulled me saying I was doing 78 in a 65 I said no way my speedo said 65 went got it calibrated sure enough off 13 mph doin 50 when it says 40 went to court with paperwork speedo fixed no break actually charged me court costs in addition to the fine. I had an excellent driving record til now. So ur experience and opinion is urs and mine is mine whoever started this thread can decide on opinions not gettin in a pissin match with somebody I don't even know. Is that what we've digressed to a zero tolerance society sorry guys nobody can toe that line and if u couldn't tell I'm a bit of a non comformist don't believe we need a police state to be safe.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:27 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Whether your 15 or 100 you still have the option of acting and reacting like an adult which you aren't. As i stated previously, cant really fix someone else's immaturity. To not be a kid you sure are behaving in that manner.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-794339703.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	125989  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion