☆☆☆I'm buying a Corvette☆☆☆ - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-25-2013, 09:15 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
The Lt1/4 was the last true 350 iron small block. The LS1 is actually a 346, all aluminum but still a basic pushrod motor. That is the one thing Chevy and even Dodge is still doing right. Pushrod single cam motors with advanced electronics.
All aluminium motor. So it can handle high boost like the terminator cobras motor, aluminum. Forged internals???
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2013, 09:16 PM   #72
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
The terminator has a cast iron block.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:59 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Depends on where you live and who you run with. And yes you can put together a 700hp ride out of a modular or pushrod for a pittance of the money just to get into a new GT500 or ZR1 vette. Forged motor, On3 turbo, built automatic all the goodies will see $10-$15k to do it right if you do it all yourself. And you'll put a solid 2-3 seconds on a stock 2014 GT500 in the 1/4 mile.
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2013, 09:05 AM   #74
Staff
Regular
Staff

Just had lunch yesterday with my 60 yr old father and he had his 1996 LT4 Corvette with 14k original miles out for the nice weather. He keeps raving about how they are the forgotten bastard child of Corvettes because they are the C4 style and LT motor not LS motor. Thing is rated at 340hp from the factory and moves the **** out when he punches it and its totally stock. Also no bubble interior like the C5. Just VERY hard to get in and out of haha.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:11 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just had lunch yesterday with my 60 yr old father and he had his 1996 LT4 Corvette with 14k original miles out for the nice weather. He keeps raving about how they are the forgotten bastard child of Corvettes because they are the C4 style and LT motor not LS motor. Thing is rated at 340hp from the factory and moves the **** out when he punches it and its totally stock. Also no bubble interior like the C5. Just VERY hard to get in and out of haha.
Funny you mention about the Lt4 being the bastard child of the vettes. My buddy has a 1996 Trans Am and put a LT1 engine in it with around 500 HP to the crank. He says in the GM muscle car world people think the LT1 is lame and its no LS motor. He says its not just the V6 ers who get there balls busted. Lmao
Old 09-27-2013, 09:15 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
The Corvette is full of awesomeness and definitely an American supercar. The mustang is not a super car and thank goodness its not. The mustang is a pure pony car that is full of muscle and power. The everyday welfare and food recipient car. Lmao. Its raw, its sexy and fast. The mustang is the affordable sports like car that looks amazing, screams American, fast in a straight line all being almost half the cost of many base model Vettes.
The mustang is the epidimy of what a muscle car should be , raw power , great looks , light weight , and almost unlimited customization options that's what makes it great plus a heritage that is second to none , perhaps only the 911 can match that.

Ever notice how the 911 changed very little over the years they kept the heritage with suptle changes , sadly I feel the next gen mustang will completely lose that from what I have seen.

As a bonus you can carry four people unlike the vette much more practical and really the vettes look quite..... booring although the new ones have improved.
A mustang done up right looks just AWESOME everywhere I go people say things like wow sweet car etc...
Old 09-27-2013, 09:25 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post

The mustang is the epidimy of what a muscle car should be , raw power , great looks , light weight , and almost unlimited customization options that's what makes it great plus a heritage that is second to none , perhaps only the 911 can match that.

Ever notice how the 911 changed very little over the years they kept the heritage with suptle changes , sadly I feel the next gen mustang will completely lose that from what I have seen.

As a bonus you can carry four people unlike the vette much more practical and really the vettes look quite..... booring although the new ones have improved.
A mustang done up right looks just AWESOME everywhere I go people say things like wow sweet car etc...
You got a point. Take Porsche. There cars look very similar weather its a 1970, 1980 or 2014. Its a very similar body design. They really only improve the cars handling, power output, electronic advances but the shell itself remains very close from 40 years ago. It has worked for Porsche but they aren't looking to sell umpteen million units. They have a certain fan base around the globe and they stick with that.

Perhaps Ford needed to make improvements on a more traditional design rather than going all euro fusion looking.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:29 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
You got a point. Take Porsche. There cars look very similar weather its a 1970, 1980 or 2014. Its a very similar body design. They really only improve the cars handling, power output, electronic advances but the shell itself remains very close from 40 years ago. It has worked for Porsche but they aren't looking to sell umpteen million units. They have a certain fan base around the globe and they stick with that.

Perhaps Ford needed to make improvements on a more traditional design rather than going all euro fusion looking.

unlikely though , I think the new car is already built since it's due out next
year , we will see.... the new design could possibly be a colosial failure...
Old 09-28-2013, 08:28 AM   #79
Staff
Regular
Staff

It won't fail if the performance is there not to mention all the v6 sales.

Old 09-28-2013, 09:26 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It won't fail if the performance is there not to mention all the v6 sales.
Not too sure on that styling is 90% of a vehicles sales profile , if they don't get that right it's unlikely the new mustang will succeed , sure more power etc ,
but it has to look right. It's a big gamble for Ford no doubt.
Old 09-28-2013, 01:09 PM   #81
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Not too sure on that styling is 90% of a vehicles sales profile , if they don't get that right it's unlikely the new mustang will succeed , sure more power etc , but it has to look right. It's a big gamble for Ford no doubt.
We don't even know if that front end is the actual front end they will be using, they could have just stuck a fusion front end on it because they knew people would take spy shots.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:17 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
We don't even know if that front end is the actual front end they will be using, they could have just stuck a fusion front end on it because they knew people would take spy shots.

True , we will know for sure next year likely the car will be unveiled at the
Detroit auto show in January , no doubt the GT version will be fast as hell
likely 475 hp , but what will it look like is the question...... I'm curious
how much it will weigh with all the new safety regulations weight will surely go up so having more hp won't necessarily give more performance.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:20 AM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:

True , we will know for sure next year likely the car will be unveiled at the
Detroit auto show in January , no doubt the GT version will be fast as hell
likely 475 hp , but what will it look like is the question...... I'm curious
how much it will weigh with all the new safety regulations weight will surely go up so having more hp won't necessarily give more performance.
All early reports say a weight reduction of around 400 pounds is coming, and around 450hp in the GT
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:32 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Wouldnt be the first time Mustang lost its heritage, new edge, fox body...you make it sound like the mustangs have kept their look since day 1 lol not the case at all. The S197 is definitely a nice throw back, but theres been some hiccups along the way to speak

Unlimited customization option...and this isnt possible with vettes? Vettes actually probably have a bigger market, or at the very least equal...how many mustangs ever make it to the Texas Invitational? Yet there is 2000hp vettes there.

The looks being boring is just personal opinion and very subjective. I'm not a mustang fan boy or a vette fan boy, but you should present yourself to be a little more objective for the benefit of your argument.

This looks pretty good to me

P.S. - I can appreciate your passion for mustangs lol just a little too fanboy for me
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	corvette.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	514.4 KB
ID:	130760  
MyLittlePwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:07 PM   #85
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittlePwny View Post
Wouldnt be the first time Mustang lost its heritage, new edge, fox body...you make it sound like the mustangs have kept their look since day 1 lol not the case at all. The S197 is definitely a nice throw back, but theres been some hiccups along the way to speak Unlimited customization option...and this isnt possible with vettes? Vettes actually probably have a bigger market, or at the very least equal...how many mustangs ever make it to the Texas Invitational? Yet there is 2000hp vettes there. The looks being boring is just personal opinion and very subjective. I'm not a mustang fan boy or a vette fan boy, but you should present yourself to be a little more objective for the benefit of your argument. This looks pretty good to me P.S. - I can appreciate your passion for mustangs lol just a little too fanboy for me
The new edge and fox bodies were definitely not hick ups, those are 2 of the most favorite body styles of Mustangs... And pretty sure he meant biggest aftermarket in terms of stuff you can do to it. Not just performance.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

I'm not mustang fanboy though, my 2 favorite cars are Mustangs and Corvettes.

HID end all thread
Old 09-29-2013, 12:12 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
The best looking stangs imo are the new edge and the 13-14's. Although I do love all. And vette's are awesome cars man you'll enjoy both. I rolled up on a cammed corvette and that thing looked and sounded so mean. I looked into getting one but cant afford one.
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:46 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The new edge and fox bodies were definitely not hick ups, those are 2 of the most favorite body styles of Mustangs... And pretty sure he meant biggest aftermarket in terms of stuff you can do to it. Not just performance.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

Yup I meant biggest aftermarket for ANY car period , no question the mustang is the KING in that department , and MOST of the years mustangs were in production were good years minus some bad years in the 70's can anyone say mustang II , one of the nicest car EVER built is the 67 or 68 Fastback GT , I would say perfection in styling no doubt. The S197 I own is pretty nice too I think , done up right of course a nice heritage and modern flair.

My opinion on the vettes is just that My opinion although the 64 split rear window vette's were pretty darn nice I must admit.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:02 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPIKExx View Post
All early reports say a weight reduction of around 400 pounds is coming, and around 450hp in the GT
I just can't see weight reduction being possible with all the new safety regulations I'm not so sure.....
Old 09-29-2013, 11:04 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I didnt mean hiccup in regards to whether or not they are awesome...I meant it in the sense that they were not the typical mustang styling at the time. Thats all, since he said mustangs and porsches are the only cars to stay true to their heritage but not vettes lol

Quote:

Yup I meant biggest aftermarket for ANY car period , no question the mustang is the KING in that department , and MOST of the years mustangs were in production were good years minus some bad years in the 70's can anyone say mustang II , one of the nicest car EVER built is the 67 or 68 Fastback GT , I would say perfection in styling no doubt. The S197 I own is pretty nice too I think , done up right of course a nice heritage and modern flair.

My opinion on the vettes is just that My opinion although the 64 split rear window vette's were pretty darn nice I must admit.
Fair enough! Definitely love my S197, price point ,power, everything...best car available hands down.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:06 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I just can't see weight reduction being possible with all the new safety regulations I'm not so sure..... I heard 475 HP for the GT all rumors though right now.

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittlePwny View Post
I didnt mean hiccup in regards to whether or not they are awesome...I meant it in the sense that they were not the typical mustang styling at the time. Thats all, since he said mustangs and porsches are the only cars to stay true to their heritage but not vettes lol

Fair enough! Definitely love my S197, price point ,power, everything...best car available hands down.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:10 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Watching videos of some 03 TT cobras ....that whipple SC....one of the best sounds ever?? Should be made into a ringtone imo
Old 09-29-2013, 11:24 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:

I just can't see weight reduction being possible with all the new safety regulations I'm not so sure.....
I know there are new CAFE standards coming in 2016, and that is supposedly a main reason for the weight reduction. What are the new safety regulations coming our way?
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:45 PM   #93
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Yup I meant biggest aftermarket for ANY car period , no question the mustang is the KING in that department , and MOST of the years mustangs were in production were good years minus some bad years in the 70's can anyone say mustang II , one of the nicest car EVER built is the 67 or 68 Fastback GT , I would say perfection in styling no doubt. The S197 I own is pretty nice too I think , done up right of course a nice heritage and modern flair. My opinion on the vettes is just that My opinion although the 64 split rear window vette's were pretty darn nice I must admit.
It is big, but everything is 3x as expensive... My dad has a Corvette and I've looked through some of the aftermarket magazines and that **** is ridonculous!!!!

HID end all thread
Old 09-30-2013, 12:17 AM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPIKExx View Post
I know there are new CAFE standards coming in 2016, and that is supposedly a main reason for the weight reduction. What are the new safety regulations coming our way?

What i meant is that cars are getting HEAVIER and HEAVIER all the time as time goes on , 64 mustang weight just 2926 lbs , 2013 mustang gt 3600 lbs or so
get my drift...... due mostly to safety features added ....
Old 09-30-2013, 12:30 AM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What i meant is that cars are getting HEAVIER and HEAVIER all the time as time goes on , 64 mustang weight just 2926 lbs , 2013 mustang gt 3600 lbs or so get my drift...... due mostly to safety features added ....
Well, 1971-1973 mustangs were just as heavy and typically less powerful ( I say typically because there was a 429 cj option, but they were usually sold with 302's/351). The modern mustang, while heavier, still boasts the overall highest power to weight ratio (on average) than all the other mustangs. If I drove a civic, I might worry about weight, but with all this power, it's not too big a problem. That said, the new platform weight prediction coupled with the increase hp out of the coyote, will provide a better weight to power ratio!
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:28 AM   #96
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:

That would be 1963, not 1964.

Old 09-30-2013, 09:41 AM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That would be 1963, not 1964.
Shows you how much I know about vette's lol.. a very nice car though.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion