☆☆☆I'm buying a Corvette☆☆☆ - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-12-2013, 03:32 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
☆☆☆I'm buying a Corvette☆☆☆

Hi all......

I'm gonna be buying a corvette before the end of this year. I'm not selling my mustang it's going to be an addition.

I'm buying a 2005-2006 C6 Corvette. This will be my first corvette so I wanna get some feedback from any corvette owners on these years.

Thanks

Dan
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2013, 05:06 PM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
They changed the front end and engine of the corvette in 08, the front looks slightly more aggressive and they went from the 6.0 LS2 to the 6.2 LS3, that's 30hp and TQ more than the LS2.

Also in 08 the corvettes got a better tranny, steering system, exhaust, and better interior.

If I was you I would see if you could squeeze an 08.

Hell there is a dealer in my area with a low miles 06 Z06 loaded being sold for 45k

And you are going to get people on here that are going to say corvettes are junk, don't listen to them.

If you need any more info I have decent knowledge of corvettes. (My parents have a C5)

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:03 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the info and knowledge. I've been reading up on the years and looking at and reading the specifications on them.

The price really starts to jump up after the 2006 I'm on a budget of $30k so I think the 05 or 06 would be good for me.
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2013, 06:58 PM   #4
Lord NoMoney
Staff

Region: Texas
im not bashing a vette but why not buy a DD car & soup(probably murdered that) up the mustang? lol
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:06 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskoundrel View Post
im not bashing a vette but why not buy a DD car & soup(probably murdered that) up the mustang? lol
I just bought my new Mustang a few months ago and I'm already looking at what my next new car will be (Just looking at auto trader because I'm still a few years away from that) It's called being a glutton! I'm just wish I was rich

He probably only want's cool cars in his garage! like I plan to have as I get older and not have a woman to tell me otherwise...
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:21 PM   #6
ME Bloodhound
Staff

I've always loved a corvette... Honestly id probably take a Z06 over GT500

HID end all thread
Old 09-12-2013, 07:44 PM   #7
Lord NoMoney
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Wow :O:
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:45 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
really ??!

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:15 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
If it's not a C6Z it's not worth it...
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:19 PM   #10
Road Trip!

Quote:
Shame on you for saying that , you're in the wrong forum lol.....I'd take the 5.8 GT500 any day till I die.....I have no love for Chevys like I have none for the lakers dodgers or Seahawks isn't that how it should be?? Just saying....
PonyBoy415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:23 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Honesty is not always the best policy...
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:25 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

What's wrong either choosing a better car over a gt500? I love my mustang but I know and acknowledge when there's a better car out there.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:27 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
What's wrong either choosing a better car over a gt500? I love my mustang but I know and acknowledge when there's a better car out there.
I didn't want to sound weird or anything, but i would take a bugatti veyron over a gt500 any day. But hey, that's just me. I'm one sick puppy.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:27 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Why not both?
Cold Air Intake
K&N Air Filter
Front sway bar Bushings
andregayola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #15
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoy415 View Post

Shame on you for saying that , you're in the wrong forum lol.....I'd take the 5.8 GT500 any day till I die.....I have no love for Chevys like I have none for the lakers dodgers or Seahawks isn't that how it should be?? Just saying....
I love mustangs. But I love sleek sports cars better. I would love a murdered out Z06 with a huge cam.

HID end all thread
Old 09-12-2013, 08:36 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by maldog View Post
Hi all......

I'm gonna be buying a corvette before the end of this year. I'm not selling my mustang it's going to be an addition.

I'm buying a 2005-2006 C6 Corvette. This will be my first corvette so I wanna get some feedback from any corvette owners on these years.

Thanks

Dan
I'm a big fan of the 2005 plus Corvettes. I really love the way Chevy changed the headlights in the 2005 model compared to the previous year models. The one very interesting thing about the Corvettes is the resell value is low which I think is great for a potential buyer. You basically can buy a mint , low milage 2005 vette for under 30k all day long. These cars are mainly owned by some wealthy, old rich man which was garage kept, waxed weekly, nice weather driven vehicle. Corvette owners are a different breed compared to mustang owners. I will buy a pre owned Corvette some day. Some of these used vettes that were 75k new are selling for 30 to 35 k with almost no miles on them.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:39 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

If you can get a z06. My dad had a 08 and omg the power this thing had. It was insane!
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:44 PM   #18
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Z06 or nada. Ill have one, one day.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:10 PM   #19
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntbruncie View Post
If you can get a z06. My dad had a 08 and omg the power this thing had. It was insane!
That's why I love the LS7, H/C/I with a tune and its making 600whp. And LS motors love spray also

HID end all thread
Old 09-12-2013, 09:13 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

I would take a zo6 over a gt500 anyday. Naturally aspirated at 550 HP and corners like a dream compared to the boat like gt500 and is a hell of a lot lighter than the gt500. You can't beat the sound of an LS motor either. The LS7 is a beast of a motor
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
austinknoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:15 PM   #21
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinknoll View Post
I would take a zo6 over a gt500 anyday. Naturally aspirated at 550 HP and corners like a dream compared to the boat like gt500 and is a hell of a lot lighter than the gt500. You can't beat the sound of an LS motor either. The LS7 is a beast of a motor
*505bhp... But still 505N/A stock horsepower is pretty good, and the fact it weighs a lot less than the 5.0, and it only uses 1 cam I stead of 4, making it stupid easy to make power.

HID end all thread
Old 09-12-2013, 09:19 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I'd take a Bugatti and then sell it
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:31 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

You can get a gt500 cheaper and mod the suspension and performance for the same price as a corvette. Heck you can buy a super snake for the same price.
Depack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:33 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

The vette and the gt500 are so different. The shelby is a pony car and the corvette is a sports car or super car competing with the viper and Porsches and other super cars.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:35 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Exactly its not fair to compare i would have both
Cold Air Intake
K&N Air Filter
Front sway bar Bushings
andregayola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:41 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Yep I've been thinking about an 05 or 06 Z06, but they only come in fixed roof. I like the coupe targa.

These are a bunch of good comments in either direction. I'm retired and don't need a daily driver. The prices as mentioned above about pricing is spot on! The corvette has really become affordable and for $25-$30k I can find a 05-06 C6 with low miles and very clean condition.

I myself have always liked the corvette, but will never give up my Pony
Old 09-12-2013, 09:52 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yep I've been thinking about an 05 or 06 Z06, but they only come in fixed roof. I like the coupe targa.

These are a bunch of good comments in either direction. I'm retired and don't need a daily driver. The prices as mentioned above about pricing is spot on! The corvette has really become affordable and for $25-$30k I can find a 05-06 C6 with low miles and very clean condition.

Believe me I had a targa top or coupe as they call it. And what a pain in the *** that top was to take off or put on. I much would have rather had a convertible or a fixed roof.
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:59 PM   #28
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntbruncie View Post

Believe me I had a targa top or coupe as they call it. And what a pain in the *** that top was to take off or put on. I much would have rather had a convertible or a fixed roof.
Really? Maybe it's a different design than the c5, ours has a targa also but it's not really a pain. Granted it is harder than pushing a button on a vert, but it isn't that hard.

HID end all thread
Old 09-13-2013, 12:49 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I'm a ford/mustang enthusiast but I'm not afraid to admit that I'd LOVE a vette, a camaro, or a GTR, or alot of the other cars out there that mustangs compete with.
qccoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:10 AM   #30
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by qccoles View Post
I'm a ford/mustang enthusiast but I'm not afraid to admit that I'd LOVE a vette, a camaro, or a GTR, or alot of the other cars out there that mustangs compete with.
+1, I'd probably trade the maro for a mustang though.

HID end all thread
Old 09-13-2013, 08:40 PM   #31
Staff
Regular
Staff

Big sleeper for cheap is a late 90s/early 2000s regular C5 with low miles. STUPID easy to get power out of the LS1 and it isn't wrapped in the pile of **** that was the f body. Dude I bought my 98 from paid $18k for a modded, low mileage 99 C5 making a documented 375rwhp and it was super nice. It had a lot of other work done too, hell of a deal. Sometimes makes me want to get one too. Corvette is the only GM product I would ever own.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:44 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Big sleeper for cheap is a late 90s/early 2000s regular C5 with low miles. STUPID easy to get power out of the LS1 and it isn't wrapped in the pile of **** that was the f body. Dude I bought my 98 from paid $18k for a modded, low mileage 99 C5 making a documented 375rwhp and it was super nice. It had a lot of other work done too, hell of a deal. Sometimes makes me want to get one too. Corvette is the only GM product I would ever own.
I think the new c6 LS3 6.2 litres are a ton of fun too. They come with a little over 400hp and they mod easy as well. Small block push rod v8's are fun to toy with for sure.
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #33

Quote:

Good Luck in your search, Ive owned a C5 Z06 and it was an incredible car, ran 12.4 @ 116 bone stock. Early C6's make similar power, have updated looks, and slightly better build quality than the C5's (improved of course as you get closer to new, but there are a ton out there with low miles for what seems like very cheap for what you are getting. If you can swing the LS7 its unbelievable to spin that big motor to 7K and not much can touch it in stock form let alone with some work done to it. You cant go wrong with a Vette but id recommend driving one as its much different than the stang. They sit VERY low to the ground and are difficult to get in and out of. I Found myself not driving it because i was too worried about getting it dirty or getting into trouble with it....Sadly i traded out of mine as i was in between jobs and couldnt take the payment. Wish i could have it back!

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

Quote:
*505bhp... But still 505N/A stock horsepower is pretty good, and the fact it weighs a lot less than the 5.0, and it only uses 1 cam I stead of 4, making it stupid easy to make power.
1 cam but only 2 valves, Id say its easier to change the cam than in a 4cammer, but i wouldnt go as far as to say that ,because it has one cam, its easier to make power. Just a different (albeit less complicated) approach.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:44 PM   #34
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exturbo View Post
Good Luck in your search, Ive owned a C5 Z06 and it was an incredible car, ran 12.4 @ 116 bone stock. Early C6's make similar power, have updated looks, and slightly better build quality than the C5's (improved of course as you get closer to new, but there are a ton out there with low miles for what seems like very cheap for what you are getting. If you can swing the LS7 its unbelievable to spin that big motor to 7K and not much can touch it in stock form let alone with some work done to it. You cant go wrong with a Vette but id recommend driving one as its much different than the stang. They sit VERY low to the ground and are difficult to get in and out of. I Found myself not driving it because i was too worried about getting it dirty or getting into trouble with it....Sadly i traded out of mine as i was in between jobs and couldnt take the payment. Wish i could have it back! ---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ---------- 1 cam but only 2 valves, Id say its easier to change the cam than in a 4cammer, but i wouldnt go as far as to say that ,because it has one cam, its easier to make power. Just a different (albeit less complicated) approach.
When I meant easy, i meant more like cheap, because instead of having to buy 4 cams it's just 1. The money saved can go to other things.

HID end all thread
Old 09-25-2013, 08:31 AM   #35
Staff
Regular
Staff

You don't really cam a 5.0 you just supercharge it or turbo it. I mean you CAN but its very expensive. The new 5.0 is very nice but the car is too heavy and they are too much money IMO. For half the money of a new GT or less you can get a low mileage Vette or Terminator which will make just as much power, be way easier to mod for more, lighter, smaller etc...
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion