From modded 13 to stingray?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-01-2013, 06:34 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
From modded 13 to stingray??

How do u guys see this trade, From my car to a z51 stingray? I still haven't driven one but according to everyone it is a dream machine. Thoughts???
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2013, 07:12 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I haven't driven the new sting ray but my opinion is the corvettes gonna be faster and more fun to play with. I wish I would have traded my 03 v6 with this 93 corvette with a brand new ls1 engine in it...but my parents said noo haha
FriedChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:17 AM   #3
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
This is a tech section. Please post accordingly........moved.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2013, 08:41 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
A new Vette will no doubt be a better performance car than a Mustang.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:40 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
With everything you've done why change now? Your basically a form of FI away from haveing a unique car that is faster than almost anything you can find. The corvette will be a dime a dozen by next summer when every old fart buys one. That being said I thunk it's a beautiful car and would love to have one but to be honest I would rather have your mustang
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Just saw 1 there nice looking he got onto it it sounded mean!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3940520964.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	415.2 KB
ID:	131087   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2312231473.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	365.4 KB
ID:	131088  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2579300690.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	484.7 KB
ID:	131089  
Screaming Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:12 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I'd do it.. and then I would go trade for the Corvette..
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:54 PM   #8
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1 View Post
With everything you've done why change now? Your basically a form of FI away from haveing a unique car that is faster than almost anything you can find. The corvette will be a dime a dozen by next summer when every old fart buys one. That being said I thunk it's a beautiful car and would love to have one but to be honest I would rather have your mustang
I agree. You already have a great looking car so why change it......unless you are bored with it.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:00 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post

I agree. You already have a great looking car so why change it......unless you are bored with it.
+1
Old 10-01-2013, 02:13 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

My main problem with the car is that I don't want to keep putting more money in and still loose at the road course to a lightly modify c6 z06. At the track there are 0 mustang and most that start the day don't finish. I am just worry I have the wrong platform for what I do. I will just do cams stage 3 next and if I don't like the performance and over all feel then just look on ebay for a red 13 5.0 for sale in Miami. Lol
I think the weight is the weak spot for these 5.0.

And yes I am been like this because I got my a$$ handed to me by a F*** ing 80 yr old guy in a z06 lmao .
Old 10-01-2013, 02:23 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
My main problem with the car is that I don't want to keep putting more money in and still loose at the road course to a lightly modify c6 z06. At the track there are 0 mustang and most that start the day don't finish. I am just worry I have the wrong platform for what I do. I will just do cams stage 3 next and if I don't like the performance and over all feel then just look on ebay for a red 13 5.0 for sale in Miami. Lol

And yes I am been like this because I got my a$$ handed to me by a F*** ing 80 yr old guy in a z06 lmao .
These mustangs are amazing cars with mods. The cams I cants see actually giving that much gain but a set of headers and any supercharger and you have got a car that will beat almost anything on the street or track especially with a good set of tires. I mean if you have the cash then Ya I would probably trade to because your talking about 2 different classes of cars but there is always something better and faster no matter what car you get so you just have to be happy with what you have.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post

What do u run in the 1/4?
Old 10-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaming Mach View Post
Old 10-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #14
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaming Mach View Post
He is more interested in road racing than straight line, that's why he did all of that work to his car.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
He is more interested in road racing than straight line, that's why he did all of that work to his car.
O ok
Old 10-01-2013, 02:31 PM   #16
ME Bloodhound
Staff

The new Stingray is an amazing handling car, the technology is out of this world. Not to mention they were able to take a front engine car and make a 49/51% weight balanced car, also, being that the engine is still a pushrod it is lighter than your 5.0 and has a much better center of gravity. Not to mention the magnetic suspension the Corvettes have.

If you really are interested in dominating the track then yes it is in your best interest to get the Z51
Stingray.

I've always loved Corvettes just as much as mustangs, and do realize they are a better performing car in almost every way.

HID end all thread
Old 10-01-2013, 02:32 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
These mustangs are amazing cars with mods. The cams I cants see actually giving that much gain but a set of headers and any supercharger and you have got a car that will beat almost anything on the street or track especially with a good set of tires. I mean if you have the cash then Ya I would probably trade to because your talking about 2 different classes of cars but there is always something better and faster no matter what car you get so you just have to be happy with what you have.
I want to stay N/A due to heat problems. It is almost impossible to make them run good in the Florida heat and under extreme usage. But with cams stage 3 from comp I could see 40hp and with the boss mani, headers and jlt I should be 460 or so. Let see!!! Need to make a decision soon before the 15 comes out and the price for these drop even more lol
Old 10-01-2013, 02:43 PM   #18
ME Bloodhound
Staff

If all you are worried about is winning at the track then make the trade... But honestly I still haven't come to liking the looks of them yet, your car looks so much better.

HID end all thread
Old 10-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
If all you are worried about is winning at the track then make the trade... But honestly I still haven't come to liking the looks of them yet, your car looks so much better.
Thanks man, I have a serious competition problem since little lol.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Hey I absolutely love the new vetts I saw them being delivered to the Chevy dealer in savannah and the bright red looks amazing in person and if I could I would trade in a heartbeat but again with that said you have a great car that is unique to anything youll ever see on the road (in a good way) and the corvette just won't be. Just my 2 cent and I'm sure you'll live which ever way you go
Old 10-01-2013, 03:02 PM   #21
ME Bloodhound
Staff

I have an idea... Keep the 5.0 and get the Stingray, you could make the 5.0 an awesome show car as it is right now, and the Stingray could be the track car.

HID end all thread
Old 10-01-2013, 08:57 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I would go with the Vette... Don't get me wrong, I love my Stang, but this new Vette is awesome.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:17 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Vette
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:02 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

HOLD YA HORSES (literally)
Wait for the 2015 Mustang First

450Hp
IRS suspension
Same weight as the Vette (3300 lbs) aprox.
12 flat 1/4 mile ~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~

But here's the kicker
$20,000 LESS

Thats Free Gas for life
TrackPak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:09 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackPak View Post
HOLD YA HORSES (literally)
Wait for the 2015 Mustang First

450Hp
IRS suspension
Same weight as the Vette (3300 lbs) aprox.
12 flat 1/4 mile ~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~

But here's the kicker
$20,000 LESS

Thats Free Gas for life
Still take the vette. Im done with mustangs personally. I will keep my coyote bc its fully built with alot of $ invested in it. but I will not buy another mustang
Old 10-02-2013, 05:35 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

The vette will have better interior, brakes, suspension ect
Old 10-02-2013, 06:04 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

Still take the vette. Im done with mustangs personally. I will keep my coyote bc its fully built with alot of $ invested in it. but I will not buy another mustang
I agree with you. While mine isn't built I have invested around 40k including car and mods so I dont see getting rid if it but I won't ever buy another one. I saw a new vette this past weekend in Savannah in person and it's amazing, best looking car I have seen come out of America sense ford gt
Old 10-02-2013, 06:19 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
I agree with you. While mine isn't built I have invested around 40k including car and mods so I dont see getting rid if it but I won't ever buy another one. I saw a new vette recently in person and it's amazing, best looking car I have seen come out of America sense ford gt
We gotta bring back the t bird. Like it was meant to be. 2 door roadster with muscle
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:24 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
To the OP,

First off, there will always be a faster car. Personally, I'd rather lose to some 80 year old in a Z06 than to some dbag in a GTR.

Second, you have a lot of work in your car from what I can see. You have made it your own, and you have built it yourself. I personally am a huge believer of "built, not bought". You have made your car unique, one of a kind, and you have room to make it even better. The old guy who beat you in the Z06? He probably paid his mechanic $600 to change his blinker fluid right before the race. Take pride in the fact that, while your car isn't the fastest, it is one of the coolest because you've made it your own.

Third, your comparing the corvette, a car engineered to compete with italian supercars, purpose built for the track, equipped with a suspension system that is far superior to anything made in America right now, to a Muscle car engineered to be accessible to any and everyone, purpose built for drag racing, with an aged (but proven might I add) suspension system. To the people saying the corvette is a "better car", it's not. It's a different car.

Fourth, if you WANT a car that is purpose built for the track, than the corvette is going to be your best bet hands down. The corvette is a better platform for the track than the mustang. If you don't like the way your car feels, or looks, or what have you, definitely go test drive a Corvette because you should be driving a car that puts a smile on your face everytime you drive it.

Im not saying you should or shouldn't keep your mustang, because at the end of the day it's your decision. As much as I love my Stangs, the Vette is a hell of a car and I know you or any of us here wouldn't be disappointed if we got to drive one. As other people are saying, however. you may want to wait for the new Mustang to come out or see if you change your mind about your car. Everyone wants to have the latest and greatest thing, but just think, maybe you'll get this exact same feeling when you're sitting in your Z51 Vette and the GT350 is unveiled and runs circles around the vette

Having said all of that, I'd like to share with you my 98 Vert. It's a 98 convertible mustang, which means it doesn't look the prettiest. It's a 2v, which means it doesnt go very fast. In fact, Im pretty sure my car is the slowest car in my car club besides probably an RX-7 and a 335. But I love my car and it makes me smile most of the time, except when she's acting up of course. Also, I have the respect of the whole group even though my car doesnt match the speed of theirs, because I have "built" the whole car myself. And who do they come to when they need help with their car? The kid with the slowest car, me. (not trying to sound cocky Im just making a point lol)

Moral of the novel is, anyone can go fast, but not just anyone can go fast in something they have built themselves.

Roxanne- 1998 Mustang GT Convertible: 5-Speed, 2001 PI 2V swap, o/r h-pipe, Magnaflow catback, MGW shifter,
3.73 gears, Auburn LSD, TA diff cover, MM FLSFCs, Ford Strut Tower Brace, J&M SS Brake Lines, and a lot of visual/restoration work.
DutchManDann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #30
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackPak View Post
HOLD YA HORSES (literally) Wait for the 2015 Mustang First 450Hp IRS suspension Same weight as the Vette (3300 lbs) aprox. 12 flat 1/4 mile ~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ But here's the kicker $20,000 LESS Thats Free Gas for life
Lower center of gravity (not a heavy 4 cam engine), magnetic suspension, 505bhp. The Z06 is just an overall beast when it comes to the track.

I once saw some Z06s autocross (different than road course but you get where I'm going) and they were dominating the track, and they sounded like sex while doing it. They were even beating the AWD Evos.

HID end all thread
Old 10-04-2013, 11:28 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Do it everyone that is saying different is probally slow and gets walked by them.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:32 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

Quote:
I agree with you. While mine isn't built I have invested around 40k including car and mods so I dont see getting rid if it but I won't ever buy another one. I saw a new vette this past weekend in Savannah in person and it's amazing, best looking car I have seen come out of America sense ford gt
This reason alone is why I'm not putting another dime into my 3.7 lol I'm finding used C5's for 20-22k with <15k miles...Modding the LS1 enginge > cyclone any day. I'm not even as invested as you guys and I'm done with the mustang as well.

Absolutely love the car, and love the community even more, but the vette is probably the best American made car, period.

i agree with you too Red, that this new stingray is the hottest thing since the Ford GT. Just sucks that they're going to be relatively common since they're selling like hotcakes. Makes the Z06s and ZR1s even more attractive imo, at least for the time being until they're released on the C7 platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
The vette will have better interior, brakes, suspension ect
This ^^ and engine, electronics, platform for further tailoring to tear up the track, etc.
MyLittlePwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:13 PM   #33
Road Trip!

I like the front of the stingray but not the back

It reminds me too much of a camaro

And when the new camaros came out is when I stopped liking them as much as I used to

I'm a Chevy/vette fan for sure

But just keep the mustang IMO
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:05 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

A bunch of people are getting rid of there mustangs for vettes.
"Wnt2gofst" used to be on here and he had a 700rwhp paxton coyote. Which he just sold for a c6 vette. Full exhaust/cam
Old 10-07-2013, 05:34 PM   #35
ME Bloodhound
Staff

A built C6 Z06 is still one of my dream cars.

HID end all thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion