Z06 or GTR or Stingray??? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-04-2013, 04:35 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Have you thought of a Cadillac CTS-V? Alittle classier but still a beast
Kustumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2013, 04:37 PM   #37
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
OP is looking for a car that will dominate on a road course....

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:38 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac3 View Post
A GTR will indeed out perform (demolish is a moronic comparison) either of my two stock Mustangs, I never claimed otherwise. Call me what you may, but I haven't been a boy in over forty years. One of the problems with today's young people is that they have no loyalty to anything. One mph more and you will switch sides. You may also call me a racist, but to me any car (or motorcycle and I own a Yamaha and Canon cameras) from Japan is a ricer regardless of how well it performs. A 911 will also outperform any car I own, but I would not go to a Toyota forum to ask for opinions on it. It's called etiquette and brand loyalty. If you want to buy a another car, I couldn't be more happy for you, it just seemed silly to ask for advice from here. Now if you want advice on buying a Mustang, I'll be glad to help out...

+1
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2013, 05:02 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Your on a mustang forum so I would say 2014 Shelby GT500 , lots of power and good looks can anyone say 662 HP , that is AMAZING that's more power than a 2013 Porsche 911 Turbo(520 HP) or a 2013 Zo6 (505 HP) or a 2013 GTR (545 HP) , 2014 Stingray (460 HP) heck even more HP than a 2013 Lamborgini Gallardo (550HP) at a fraction of the cost.
An AMAZING VALUE for under 60 k.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
Your on a mustang forum so I would say 2014 Shelby GT500 , lots of power and good looks can anyone say 662 HP , that is AMAZING that's more power than a 2013 Porsche 911 Turbo(520 HP) or a 2013 Zo6 (505 HP) or a 2013 GTR (545 HP) , 2014 Stingray (460 HP) heck even more HP than a 2013 Lamborgini Gallardo (550HP) at a fraction of the cost.
And can't turn to save it's life...
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:09 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Your on a mustang forum so I would say 2014 Shelby GT500 , lots of power and good looks can anyone say 662 HP , that is AMAZING that's more power than a 2013 Porsche 911 Turbo(520 HP) or a 2013 Zo6 (505 HP) or a 2013 GTR (545 HP) , 2014 Stingray (460 HP) heck even more HP than a 2013 Lamborgini Gallardo (550HP) at a fraction of the cost. An AMAZING VALUE for under 60 k.
Lol never compare apples to samurai lol. I like the gt500 a lot and I would probably have it over some of these cars, but I know that ,while it may have more hp, it doesn't have a chance against most of these cars in a road course.
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:15 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post

Lol never compare apples to samurai lol. I like the gt500 a lot and I would probably have it over some of these cars, but I know that ,while it may have more hp, it doesn't have a chance against most of these cars in a road course.
+1 my buddy is making 650whp and still has Porches riding his *** through turns.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:36 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Any of the cars you listed will absolutely destroy the GT500 around any track that has any braking points and apexes. Hell, the new 1LE Camaro (426hp) is faster around VIR than the 13/14 GT500 and Boss 302.

1LE Camaro - 2:58.34
ZL1 Camaro - 2:57.5
13 GT500 - 3:00.6
Boss 302 Laguna Seca - 3:02.8
C6 Z06 - 2:53.5

How would that make you feel knowing that your 662 HP shelby gets beat by car lengths around a racetrack by an overweight Camaro that has 236 less naturally aspirated horsepower?

Links - VIR lightning lap - http://ls1tech.com/forums/attachment...ps971b148a.jpg

1LE VIR time - Shaw GMC Chevy Blog: 2013 Chevy Camaro 1LE Crushes Mustang Boss 302′s VIR Lap Time By 4.46 Seconds
Old 10-04-2013, 06:38 PM   #44
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Except the GT500 can't turn to save its life... I have said this multiple times in this very thread... OP wants a car that will do well on a road course, which the GT500 will not.

HID end all thread
Old 10-04-2013, 07:44 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

That may be true it's not the best car for cornering but it ain't that bad either.
When the 2015 Ford Mustang arrives in the very near future, a new SVT-made version is inevitable. It too will likely wear the Shelby name, But from what I hear, it’ll be more akin to the Boss 302, or perhaps more accurately, the Camaro Z-L1—a track terror, with less weight, better balance and handling, but a fair amount LESS power. No doubt, if those rumors are true, the 2015 Shelby Mustang will be an incredibly involving drive. Journalists will write things like ‘I can’t believe a Mustang could ever handle so well,’ ‘The Shelby Mustang has reached new heights of performance,’ and ‘Ford has built a pony car that finally doubles as a real sports car.’ But that car will be so far removed from its cultural roots at that point, it’s barely worth calling it a Mustang at all.

No doubt it’ll wear fresh, futuristic styling, too.

BUT NOTHING ELSE WILL EVER BE THIS CAR.

When the dust settles, odds are good this car will go down in history as the most POWERFUL production Mustang Ford ever built. A Ford with more power than three-quarters of Ferrari’s production lineup. (Hank the Deuce would be proud.) A Mustang that could go where no ‘Stang had gone before—straight to 200 mph. The once-rarefied air of supercars, crashed by a muscle–bound cowboy with a cobra tattoo and a mean look in its eye. 0 to 60 in less than 3.5 seconds SHE IS A BEAST!!!!

There may never be a car quite like this one again. So raise a glass to it, whisky for the men, premium unleaded for the horses. And should I somehow find a way to raise $60,000 k or so in the next few months, you’ll find me down at the neighborhood Ford dealership, placing an order for a Shelby GT500. She will sit nice in my garage next to my Supercharged 2005 GT. (=
Old 10-04-2013, 07:45 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That may be true it's not the best car for cornering but it ain't that bad either. When the 2015 Ford Mustang arrives in the very near future, a new SVT-made version is inevitable. It too will likely wear the Shelby name, But from what I hear, it’ll be more akin to the one-year-only Boss 302, or perhaps more accurately, the Camaro Z/28—a naturally-aspirated track terror, with less weight, better balance and handling, but a fair amount LESS power. No doubt, if those rumors are true, the 2015 Shelby Mustang will be an incredibly involving drive. Journalists will write things like ‘I can’t believe a Mustang could ever handle so well,’ ‘The Shelby Mustang has reached new heights of performance,’ and ‘Ford has built a pony car that finally doubles as a real sports car.’ But that car will be so far removed from its cultural roots at that point, it’s barely worth calling it a Mustang at all. No doubt it’ll wear fresh, futuristic styling, too. Perhaps J Mays and crew will turn out a Shelby Mustang of incredible beauty, one that makes men’s jaws droop and their testicles sing the 1812 Overture whilst firing recklessly into their pants. But nothing else will ever be this car. When the dust settles, odds are good this car will go down in history as the most POWERFUL production Mustang Ford ever built. A Ford with more power than three-quarters of Ferrari’s production lineup. (Hank the Deuce would be proud.) A Mustang that could go where no ‘Stang had gone before—straight to 200 mph. The once-rarefied air of supercars, crashed by a muscle–bound cowboy with a cobra tattoo and a mean look in its eye. 0 to 60 in less than 3.5 seconds SHE IS A BEAST!!!! There may never be a car quite like this one again. So raise a glass to it, whisky for my men, premium unleaded for my horses. And should I somehow find a way to raise $60,000 k or so in the next few months, you’ll find me down at the neighborhood Ford dealership, placing an order for a Shelby GT500. She will sit nice in my garage next to my 2005 GT. (=
What the hell are you smoking man? Crank down the weird knob a bit lol
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:05 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Let's stop and think about it. The Gt500 was not designed to be a track car. Who gives a crap about running around in circles on some closed course. If that's peoples bag, then fantastic go buy a car that's design was to corner like its on rails. A Gt500 is nothing than a very fast mustang. Its a mustang. Not a Porsche.. Not a Corvette. Not a GTR.

Its sole purpose for its creation is too be the most bad a$$ mustang on the planet. Which by the way, is. Its a muscle car. Not a track car. Its purpose is crush your spine when it accelerates you in a straight line. Its not designed to be a track car. F that track car. Lol. Its a mustang. Its totally different than the other sports cars. That's like saying a 442 Cuda can't handle well. Of course, its a freaking muscle car. Its not about how the thing handles. Its about driving down the road with an image.

I personally would spend 65k on a GT500 before buying a Porsche, GTR, Corvette Z06 but then again I want a raw, sexy, sleek, muscle car who snaps necks too look at when its going by them.

Since the OP wants a track car , go with the new Stingray. I would buy that one too because its amazing looking.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:34 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Let's stop and think about it. The Gt500 was not designed to be a track car. Who gives a crap about running around in circles on some closed course. If that's peoples bag, then fantastic go buy a car that's design was to corner like its on rails. A Gt500 is nothing than a very fast mustang. Its a mustang. Not a Porsche.. Not a Corvette. Not a GTR.

Its sole purpose for its creation is too be the most bad a$$ mustang on the planet. Which by the way, is. Its a muscle car. Not a track car. Its purpose is crush your spine when it accelerates you in a straight line. Its not designed to be a track car. F that track car. Lol. Its a mustang. Its totally different than the other sports cars. That's like saying a 442 Cuda can't handle well. Of course, its a freaking muscle car. Its not about how the thing handles. Its about driving down the road with an image.

I personally would spend 65k on a GT500 before buying a Porsche, GTR, Corvette Z06 but then again I want a raw, sexy, sleek, muscle car who snaps necks too look at when its going by them.

Since the OP wants a track car , go with the new Stingray. I would buy that one too because its amazing looking.

+1
Old 10-04-2013, 09:57 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
That's like saying a 442 Cuda can't handle well. Of course, its a freaking muscle car. Its not about how the thing handles. Its about driving down the road with an image.
No 442 Cuda, Oldsmobile made the 442. Chrysler had the 426 Hemi Cuda and the 440 Cuda.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:02 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post

No 442 Cuda, Oldsmobile made the 442. Chrysler had the 426 Hemi Cuda and the 440 Cuda.
That's right. 440 Cuda. Ba ha ha. What a putz I am. Some number Cuda. Lmao
Old 10-04-2013, 10:31 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
vette...I love how the gtr looks but they drive to smooth to me when I drove a friends.
To smooth?" No such thing

I say go for the GTR
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:37 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It's been said before HP isn't everything. I have out ran multiple SC v8s that had more HP than my boss. And when it comes to the curves suspension and tires are more important than HP.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:39 PM   #53
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
That may be true it's not the best car for cornering but it ain't that bad either.
When the 2015 Ford Mustang arrives in the very near future, a new SVT-made version is inevitable. It too will likely wear the Shelby name, But from what I hear, it’ll be more akin to the Boss 302, or perhaps more accurately, the Camaro Z-L1—a track terror, with less weight, better balance and handling, but a fair amount LESS power. No doubt, if those rumors are true, the 2015 Shelby Mustang will be an incredibly involving drive. Journalists will write things like ‘I can’t believe a Mustang could ever handle so well,’ ‘The Shelby Mustang has reached new heights of performance,’ and ‘Ford has built a pony car that finally doubles as a real sports car.’ But that car will be so far removed from its cultural roots at that point, it’s barely worth calling it a Mustang at all.

No doubt it’ll wear fresh, futuristic styling, too.

BUT NOTHING ELSE WILL EVER BE THIS CAR.

When the dust settles, odds are good this car will go down in history as the most POWERFUL production Mustang Ford ever built. A Ford with more power than three-quarters of Ferrari’s production lineup. (Hank the Deuce would be proud.) A Mustang that could go where no ‘Stang had gone before—straight to 200 mph. The once-rarefied air of supercars, crashed by a muscle–bound cowboy with a cobra tattoo and a mean look in its eye. 0 to 60 in less than 3.5 seconds SHE IS A BEAST!!!!

There may never be a car quite like this one again. So raise a glass to it, whisky for the men, premium unleaded for the horses. And should I somehow find a way to raise $60,000 k or so in the next few months, you’ll find me down at the neighborhood Ford dealership, placing an order for a Shelby GT500. She will sit nice in my garage next to my Supercharged 2005 GT. (=
Do i need to say it again?
OP is looking for a car that will do on road courses. HE IS NOT LOOKING FOR JUST POWER.

HID end all thread
Old 10-05-2013, 12:19 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Do i need to say it again?
OP is looking for a car that will do on road courses. HE IS NOT LOOKING FOR JUST POWER.

Yeah yeah buy the new Stingray vette then ..... the Shelby will still win though if he ever runs into it on the street , 0 to 60 vette 3.9 , Shelby 3.5 , top speed vette 190 mph Shelby 200 mph + bye bye vette lol....
Old 10-05-2013, 12:53 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:

Yeah yeah buy the new Stingray vette then ..... the Shelby will still win though if he ever runs into it on the street , 0 to 60 vette 3.9 , Shelby 3.5 , top speed vette 190 mph Shelby 200 mph + bye bye vette lol....
because doing 200 on a street is a smart move

I agree with BB on this...cornering is where it's at. Heck even i've beaten way more powerful cars due to having to handle corners. I like the looks of a GT500, but for the type of racing i enjoy it's the last car on my list. I'd rather have an 85-87 corolla

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:22 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
After reading this thread I would get the gtr a good set of tires and your golden and beat almost about anything u will see at your local track if you say your getting rid of your stang for the sol purpose of performance and track use then get the gtr not vette
Cold Air Intake
K&N Air Filter
Front sway bar Bushings
andregayola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:27 AM   #57
AKE
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Gt40? but for real though if you did buy a shelby it's not like you spent to much on it and can't do anything to it. You could mod the **** out of it and it would handle better then any of them?
AKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:42 AM   #58
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:

Except that is never going to happen, he races on a road course. Not the Street... Are you intentionally being this difficult?

Oh, and those stats you listed... One has a huge supercharger, the other is NA. Give that a thought.

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKE View Post
Gt40? but for real though if you did buy a shelby it's not like you spent to much on it and can't do anything to it. You could mod the **** out of it and it would handle better then any of them?
Corvette still has way more potential when it comes to corners.

HID end all thread
Old 10-05-2013, 06:38 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

After the test drive the GTR was great but I still miss the manual transmission, call me old school!!!! The sells guy told me that the same happens to him when driving it normal but that at the track he doesn't miss the manual tranny just because it is so fast. Another down side is maintenance and simple pads and rotors change which is a lot of $$$$.$$
The good side is that it is the only car that the wife can drive.

Still need to find a stingray for sale so I can test drive it BC they are all sold and very very hard to get. If the stingray is as good as the z06 then I will have a very hard time deciding between the two...
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:48 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKE View Post
The Shelby is really heavy even if you mod it it's still a tank going thru corners
Old 10-05-2013, 07:14 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Wow just wow!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-5695487.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	131489  
Old 10-05-2013, 07:28 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
Wow just wow!!!
2 seconds isn't "almost" as quick lol but it's still respectable. What does the GTR do on the same track?
Old 10-05-2013, 07:34 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
2 seconds isn't "almost" as quick lol but it's still respectable. What does the GTR do on the same track?
Considering that the zr1 and z06 have 345 tires that are almost slicks and the stingray has 285 true street tires.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:39 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post

Considering that the zr1 and z06 have 345 tires that are almost slicks and the stingray has 285 true street tires.
Yea but is that the tires they used on the track? I doubt it
Old 10-05-2013, 07:47 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea but is that the tires they used on the track? I doubt it
They used oem tires which are almost slicks and very very soft compound.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3416681240.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	222.7 KB
ID:	131490  
Old 10-05-2013, 08:17 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I agree with BB on this...cornering is where it's at. Heck even i've beaten way more powerful cars due to having to handle corners. I like the looks of a GT500, but for the type of racing i enjoy it's the last car on my list. I'd rather have an 85-87 corolla
I think you can pick up a 85-87 Corolla cheap these days.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:41 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well going 200 mph on the street obviously is not smart , my point is the Shelby is capable of it , but one can go as fast as you want from 0 to 60.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:39 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well going 200 mph on the street obviously is not smart , my point is the Shelby is capable of it , but one can go as fast as you want from 0 to 60.
But what about 60-120 then back down to 80 and back up to 130 etc. By the 10th lap that blower is gonna start to heat soak and there goes your nice 0-60 times...
Old 10-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:

It's only 1 second difference, but I still don't know how much I trust the manufacturer on times. I much prefer third parties to do the testing.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:55 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF View Post
But what about 60-120 then back down to 80 and back up to 130 etc. By the 10th lap that blower is gonna start to heat soak and there goes your nice 0-60 times...

Yeah like I said for the track the new Stingray (curb weight 3298) would be the one to go with but for the street..... Shelby. The GTR is 3827 similar to the Shelby , due to weight not the best for track racing and the Z06 is 3320 but the new Stingray out handles the Z06 no suprise there it's a all new platform.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

« Mach 1 | RPM's »