Stealership.... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-06-2013, 07:12 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Stealership....

Good morning!!

Well... I've got some complaints about my dealership or stealership.. I wanted to ask you guys if this has happened to you or if this is just normal. Obviously I'm young and FEMALE and this is the first time I have ever had a dealership change my oil or service my car. I wonder if the are trying to screw me over bc they don't think I know any better ...

My complaints: At almost 20,000 miles I found out they don't rotate the tires bc it's not on the coupon. No one ever told me this was not included or if it's not on the coupon they don't do it.

A screwdriver was left under the hood and I found it like a week later when rotating the tires.

Used a discount coupon and had the tires "rotated" and I guess they do not check the tire pressure.
The tire pressure today was almost 10 lbs from what it should be, 35. They were just rotated 2 weeks ago. The light has never came on before for my tire pressure.

Finally, we had to wait 4 hrs the last time we went. I am a very patience person but that's just too long for an oil change and tire rotation.

The only reason I am still taking it to the dealership is bc I bought the extended service package (or whatever it's called). If it wasn't for that I would NOT be taking it to the dealership. BTW I've only had this mustang a little over a year.

Am I just being whiny or are they giving me crappy service?
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2013, 08:12 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Montana
Good Morning. They may be trying to take advantage of you, but my guess is they are fair and balanced...probably treat everyone the same! Try another dealer as they should honor your warranty and see if the treatment is better. Your avatar made me chuckle.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:23 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Someone rotating tires and not checking the psi, is incompetent, plain an simple.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2013, 08:26 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Someone rotating tires and not checking the psi, is incompetent, plain an simple.
And trying to cut corners...they may be getting paid per job, so more jobs done in a day = more money for the tech. Most techs are very good, but pressure from the Service Manager to move cars can/will affect their job quality.
EastTNMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:36 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Okay so that was my original thought ...

The evil person inside of me thinks they let air out of them lol

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14rs3roush View Post
And trying to cut corners...they may be getting paid per job, so more jobs done in a day = more money for the tech. Most techs are very good, but pressure from the Service Manager to move cars can/will affect their job quality.
I understand this .. The bad part is the guy that is the head service manager is an old friend of my dads .... Another reason I don't wanna just call up there and raise hell..

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by manicrodder View Post
Good Morning. They may be trying to take advantage of you, but my guess is they are fair and balanced...probably treat everyone the same! Try another dealer as they should honor your warranty and see if the treatment is better. Your avatar made me chuckle.
lol lol

And that's why I wanted to make sure that this was normal before I complained about them..

I had completely forgot about to going to another dealership! Thanks!
Old 11-06-2013, 08:48 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14rs3roush View Post

Ya it would have took all of 2sec to check the air. The guy was either a lazy faq, or stupid.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:04 AM   #7
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Like I always say

Some dealers should not be dealer

There are some truly great dealers and I'm sure happy to have one here in Daytona. When they service your car they have a check list that the person doing the job is supposed to go over. Rotating the tires and checking the pressure is one of the things that they are supposed to do. ( If at a certain mileage they are to be rotated.They should be doing what needs to be done at the Miles on your car level.

I had my oil & filter change at 3,500 miles the first time and my service guy went over the whole car. I was asked if I wanted it washed "NO" I was also asked if I wanted the tires rotated. "NO" I will do that at 5,000 miles. He made sure my "NITROGEN" was up to par in my tires.

That is whet your dealer is supposed to do. Do what the list asks or at least ask you what you need done.

Some dealers hire what I call "OIL CHANGE MONKEY"s and only teach them to change the oil. Most can't even do that right. Ever notice there is a different oil change monkey every time you go in to that dealer? Other dealers hire older retired mechanics and they do a great job. They are always there every time you go back for service and do what Ford wants them to do.

YES-you are getting very crappy service

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:23 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Start yelling and pacing back and forth. Or just never go back. Find a mechanic and stick to em. Orrrr do it yourself =]„„

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

Steelerships are all shat traps. They seem to believe they're the only ones around. You'd figure Ford would be on top of it, any place for that matter. that's why if its anything being done, always be there watching. If they say you can't tell either watch me, ok I'm leaving or just ignore them. They try to put there hands on you,,,,,, just say so and the machine will be uncovered and rollin hard their way. Just say bye bye to them,,, for the last time MUAJAJAJAJAJA
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:19 AM   #9
JDR
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
My wife has worked in the car business for almost 20 years now. It's like any other business, some people do better work that others, some care more than others and some don't care at all. Any Ford dealer can service your car. It's your money make them earn your business or take your money to another dealership and tell them why.
JDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:33 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDR View Post
My wife has worked in the car business for almost 20 years now. It's like any other business, some people do better work that others, some care more than others and some don't care at all. Any Ford dealer can service your car. It's your money make them earn your business or take your money to another dealership and tell them why.
Thanks!

I think that's what we are gonna do is go to another one..
Old 11-06-2013, 11:47 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Some dealers should not be dealer There are some truly great dealers and I'm sure happy to have one here in Daytona. When they service your car they have a check list that the person doing the job is supposed to go over. Rotating the tires and checking the pressure is one of the things that they are supposed to do. ( If at a certain mileage they are to be rotated.They should be doing what needs to be done at the Miles on your car level. I had my oil & filter change at 3,500 miles the first time and my service guy went over the whole car. I was asked if I wanted it washed "NO" I was also asked if I wanted the tires rotated. "NO" I will do that at 5,000 miles. He made sure my "NITROGEN" was up to par in my tires. That is whet your dealer is supposed to do. Do what the list asks or at least ask you what you need done. Some dealers hire what I call "OIL CHANGE MONKEY"s and only teach them to change the oil. Most can't even do that right. Ever notice there is a different oil change monkey every time you go in to that dealer? Other dealers hire older retired mechanics and they do a great job. They are always there every time you go back for service and do what Ford wants them to do. YES-you are getting very crappy service Ronnie
Thanks! I really hate that it does seem like all the are is oil change monkeys There's no ambition in that! I like those that will go above and beyond bc that's how I treat ppl. I have always thought it was common sense to check the tire pressure when rotating tires .. And it's not hard nor does it take a lot of time...
Old 11-06-2013, 12:18 PM   #12
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
I don't think they are trying to screw you over, i think that whoever is doing the work is just lazy or incompetent.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:34 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmiller View Post
Good morning!!

Well... I've got some complaints about my dealership or stealership.. I wanted to ask you guys if this has happened to you or if this is just normal. Obviously I'm young and FEMALE and this is the first time I have ever had a dealership change my oil or service my car. I wonder if the are trying to screw me over bc they don't think I know any better ...

My complaints: At almost 20,000 miles I found out they don't rotate the tires bc it's not on the coupon. No one ever told me this was not included or if it's not on the coupon they don't do it.

A screwdriver was left under the hood and I found it like a week later when rotating the tires.

Used a discount coupon and had the tires "rotated" and I guess they do not check the tire pressure.
The tire pressure today was almost 10 lbs from what it should be, 35. They were just rotated 2 weeks ago. The light has never came on before for my tire pressure.

Finally, we had to wait 4 hrs the last time we went. I am a very patience person but that's just too long for an oil change and tire rotation.

The only reason I am still taking it to the dealership is bc I bought the extended service package (or whatever it's called). If it wasn't for that I would NOT be taking it to the dealership. BTW I've only had this mustang a little over a year.

Am I just being whiny or are they giving me crappy service?
With the dealer I work at we don't rotate tires unless the customer requested a rotation. If they have a pre-paid maintenance plan then we rotate tires if necessary.

As for the screwdriver being left there and the tire pressures not being checked that sounds like a lazy tech to me. Well maybe not the screwdriver, it's pretty easy to forget where you set one of those. A 4 hour wait is absolutely ridiculous though
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Why will you be using a coupon if you have the maintenance plan. And for the tire rotation sometimes they don't do it for the reason that it's not needed. I once was on your situation since I have the extended warranty as well, took my car for service and when it was done I asked them about the tire rotation, they stated that they had rotated the tires and I told them that that was not true for the reason that my from tires had a small little dent. He took the car back to the tech and told him to rotate the tires.
Sometimes we just need to double check before we leave cause theirs always a lazy guy trying to cut corners. Another time the tech told my he was not rotating the tires since the front tires had more wear on them than the rear and by leaving them they will even out the wear until next service.
Jayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:02 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjay View Post
Why will you be using a coupon if you have the maintenance plan. And for the tire rotation sometimes they don't do it for the reason that it's not needed. I once was on your situation since I have the extended warranty as well, took my car for service and when it was done I asked them about the tire rotation, they stated that they had rotated the tires and I told them that that was not true for the reason that my from tires had a small little dent. He took the car back to the tech and told him to rotate the tires. Sometimes we just need to double check before we leave cause theirs always a lazy guy trying to cut corners. Another time the tech told my he was not rotating the tires since the front tires had more wear on them than the rear and by leaving them they will even out the wear until next service.
They gave me a coupon book to use for all of my oil changes ... See I wish I was asked questions like that!!!!

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Thank you all for your input! I am glad that I am not just being whiny bc this is my baby! Lol plus I'm always paranoid about her with them now!
Old 11-06-2013, 07:15 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

That's weird they have u a coupon book for maintenance. I just take it in an they pull my info for the car and shows that I have the maintenance plan and so they won't charge me...

But it's always a good idea to ask the service advisor what will be perform and double check it when they return your ride back.
Jayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:19 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjay View Post
That's weird they have u a coupon book for maintenance. I just take it in an they pull my info for the car and shows that I have the maintenance plan and so they won't charge me... But it's always a good idea to ask the service advisor what will be perform and double check it when they return your ride back.
Yeah I am finally learning that I guess.. Never assume just ask ..

Yeah I know I thought it was weird to.. It's like they don't keep up with it .. But I guess that's my job ..
Old 11-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Your not being whiny, it's your money and you deserve to get what you pay for.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:04 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Your not being whiny, it's your money and you deserve to get what you pay for.
Thank you

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion