Trade in my 06 Gt for a '13 5.0??? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-08-2013, 06:21 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Trade in my 06 Gt for a '13 5.0???

Alright I have been thinking about this for a while now and I have 20 grand to put up for it...the only reason that makes me think about it twice is the fact that ive put alot of money into my 06 gt and I absolutely love it but all at once I want that 13 5.0. I have full exhaust with borlas and long tube headers, lowering springs, 3:73 gear ration air intake, intake manifold, thorttle body, basically all the bolt on upgrades you can think of. I have rims. Interior not much just a touch screen radio and 12" inch speakers and I absolutely love the car. The only thing is its an automatic :/ yea I know it sucks but like I said I love it either way. It has 50k miles on it and its absolutely clean, no dents or cracks. I have aftermarket headlights and tailights with hid 6k lights. But I want that 6 speed manual tranny and that 5.0 engine and the looks of that car..what would you guys do in my situation?? Any input is appreciated thanks!!
tony92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2013, 07:56 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Do it. You won't regret it and you'll have an even better car to do all those awesome upgrades on. I have a 2010 GT and have many times thought about trading it in on a 5.0 but its paid for and I too have put a lot of work into it so I am just waiting til 2015 to see what the new 5.0s will be like. In your situation however I would do it.
Ucfknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:03 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I was in the same dilemma with my 05. I was ready for a SC. It was gonna be 8k to make roughly the same hp. I used the money and my car to get a slightly used 5.0, best decision I ever made. The 11+ cars ride 10x better also.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2013, 09:51 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
If you have the money go for it. If I had the extra cash I'd go for the 5.0, I'm just not in the position. Cheers
RCrumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:06 AM   #5
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
You will not be disappointed. Traded my 07 in for a 2011 in 2010 and never looked back. The 07 was paid for and ready for a blower but I didn't want to be stopped at 450whp. The 5.0 was just a better starting point for me and it's creature features are great. If you have a big down payment you can get a reasonable car note. I put down $18k and pay $298 per month.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:10 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony92 View Post
Alright I have been thinking about this for a while now and I have 20 grand to put up for it...the only reason that makes me think about it twice is the fact that ive put alot of money into my 06 gt and I absolutely love it but all at once I want that 13 5.0. I have full exhaust with borlas and long tube headers, lowering springs, 3:73 gear ration air intake, intake manifold, thorttle body, basically all the bolt on upgrades you can think of. I have rims. Interior not much just a touch screen radio and 12" inch speakers and I absolutely love the car. The only thing is its an automatic :/ yea I know it sucks but like I said I love it either way. It has 50k miles on it and its absolutely clean, no dents or cracks. I have aftermarket headlights and tailights with hid 6k lights. But I want that 6 speed manual tranny and that 5.0 engine and the looks of that car..what would you guys do in my situation?? Any input is appreciated thanks!!
Car sounds good. I would sell it privately, so you get more money for it and can sell it to someone who cares- then start a new journey with a 5.0

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:10 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Thanks for the input guys I appreciate it and ive made up my mind on trading it or possibly private selling my car and getying a 5.0 ill search around for aome deals. Tha ks alot
tony92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:54 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony92 View Post
Thanks for the input guys I appreciate it and ive made up my mind on trading it or possibly private selling my car and getying a 5.0 ill search around for aome deals. Tha ks alot
You won't regret the 5.0 man! Especially the 6-speed can't go wrong with a manual
Milehigh BKR is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion