Hit a curb :( - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-08-2013, 09:04 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Hit a curb :(

O some dumb **** swerved into me so I swerved hit a curb as he speeds off here's the pic, and back tires popped
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2955638399.jpg
Views:	737
Size:	521.5 KB
ID:	140504  
Coleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2013, 09:05 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleton View Post
O some dumb **** swerved into me so I swerved hit a curb as he speeds off here's the pic, and back tires popped
I was wondering how much I'm look at for new control arms and apparently I'm at fault even though he swerved into me so I'm screwed
Old 12-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
I was wondering how much I'm look at for new control arms and apparently I'm at fault even though he swerved into me so I'm screwed
If your paying someone to install the control arms, your looking at around 700 for both control arms. But just one idk the price of the part and probably 200 labor.
MasonStacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2013, 02:03 AM   #4

Region: Texas
Dude the same damn thing happened to me a couple months go!!! Didn't have my car for a month

Name:	image-3029581802.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	439.0 KB
ID:	140603
Stang1235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:25 AM   #5
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Ouch guys! That looks really bad!
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:30 AM   #6
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang1235 View Post
Dude the same damn thing happened to me a couple months go!!! Didn't have my car for a month
Have you gotten it fixed yet?

I did something similar in my '11 and my wheel got pushed back too but it wasn't touching the fender yet. I replaced the lower control arms on both sides because I got a good deal on some GT500 arms. Had to swap ball joints though.
But anyway, after I installed the new lca's I noticed the the side that had been damaged was still slightly pushed back about an inch. Turns out my K member was bent. I'm still rolling with it like that. It was able to be realigned like that but if you look closely, you can see the wheel is not centered in the wheel well.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:16 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

New rims

Ouch! I hate to hear these threads, if you need new rims Cruzin Concepts has a sale on many models. I got some 18x9 razor's
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	tn_Cemetary Raz 003.JPG
Views:	353
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	140605  
Old 12-09-2013, 08:30 AM   #8

Ya I got it all fixed pretty much bent my lower control arm sway bar and warped the rim
Stang1235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:22 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Man that sucks. Sorry to hear about this. If you need a stock rim I have a couple that I picked up from a wrecked GT/CS. They have some rash, however it can get you through in the meantime.

Some people are so clueless when they drive.
2008 GT/CS - {SLP Loudmouth Axle Back Exhaust- SR Strut Tower Brace - Raxiom Sequential Tail Light Kit - C&L Street CAI - Bama Tune - FRPP Lowering Springs - FRPP Rear Sway Bar - FRPP Struts & Shocks - BMR TCA032 LCAs}
jellyroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:27 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Insurance is paying for it, I just have to pay my deductible of $1000, I need 2 new rims and I wonder if I can get rims I want from AM they are cheaper than oem, guess it up to the adjuster.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:49 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

More pics, sideskirt was ripped off. shes dead...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	770.9 KB
ID:	140626   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	469
Size:	933.6 KB
ID:	140627  

Old 12-09-2013, 10:05 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I think I have seen that the center caps on the AM wheels are smaller than the OEM wheels. Just look into that and make sure.

Good luck.
2008 GT/CS - {SLP Loudmouth Axle Back Exhaust- SR Strut Tower Brace - Raxiom Sequential Tail Light Kit - C&L Street CAI - Bama Tune - FRPP Lowering Springs - FRPP Rear Sway Bar - FRPP Struts & Shocks - BMR TCA032 LCAs}
jellyroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:56 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

How long do y'all think it would take a body shop to fix this?
Old 12-09-2013, 12:35 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Sorry that happened to you...

A body shop will be a couple days fixing that. If they don't have to order any parts.

I know that it's counterintuitive, but you should just hold your ground and let the person hit you in these situations.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:46 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Took the shop I went to 2 days. The day I took it in and half of the next day and I had it back 800$ later.
MasonStacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Sorry that happened to you... A body shop will be a couple days fixing that. If they don't have to order any parts. I know that it's counterintuitive, but you should just hold your ground and let the person hit you in these situations.
ya I've never been in an accident or had anything like this happen first time, prob is now I gotta find a way to pay the $1k deductible
Old 12-09-2013, 07:05 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Best to have a buddy at a body shop thatll up that price so you can meet your deductable. Ins adjusters arent gonna sit there and watch them fix it and watch you put a g in their hands. Get them to send ins co a price to fix they send a check and u do as you please with it. Least thats how my one wreck ive had was
Hfdbuck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:29 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hfdbuck09 View Post
Best to have a buddy at a body shop thatll up that price so you can meet your deductable. Ins adjusters arent gonna sit there and watch them fix it and watch you put a g in their hands. Get them to send ins co a price to fix they send a check and u do as you please with it. Least thats how my one wreck ive had was
ya I don't know anyone at any of these shops and another prob is an estimator is coming out...
Old 12-09-2013, 08:16 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Sucks on not knowing anyone. An adjuster always comes to look at it for a "rough" estimate to determine if totaled or not other than that they dont dig into deep in drive terrain or undercarriage just body and guessing what else could be damaged
Hfdbuck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:42 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

I wonder if there's anyway I can get some new nicer wheels or a lowering kit out of this
Old 12-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to Destination S19
Quote:
This **** happened to me 2 years ago. I had to buy new wheels and they said I was at fault for failure to maintain control. Despite the fact that I had witnesses and the lady admitted to what happened I was still considered at fault for making the decision to curb my car at 45mph instead of t-boning her. The officer mentioned that if I had hit her, it would have been her fault but since I avoided the accident, you know, being a good driver and all, it was my fault.

It was all bull****, all it taught me was to just hit the idiots who make mistakes, make them pay for repairs. I laughed when he said it was a failure to maintain control, I know how to drive my car.

FRPP HotRods Cams / American Racing Headers Long Tubes with catted X / Stang-Hi dyno tune
Saleen wheels / Steeda CAI / Corsa Xtremes, K Springs, Koni STR.Ts, UMI lca relo. Brackets/r lwr ctrl arms UMI adj. panhard bar / Camber plates / SR Strut Tower Brace.
Destination S19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:49 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destination S19 View Post
This **** happened to me 2 years ago. I had to buy new wheels and they said I was at fault for failure to maintain control. Despite the fact that I had witnesses and the lady admitted to what happened I was still considered at fault for making the decision to curb my car at 45mph instead of t-boning her. The officer mentioned that if I had hit her, it would have been her fault but since I avoided the accident, you know, being a good driver and all, it was my fault.

It was all bull****, all it taught me was to just hit the idiots who make mistakes, make them pay for repairs. I laughed when he said it was a failure to maintain control, I know how to drive my car.
Apparently Not, you hit the curb.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Apparently Not, you hit the curb.
Not sure if you're being serious. In the situation I was in, there were two choices, plow into her car or steer into the curb. I chose the option that didn't involve hurting anyone. I can almost guarantee that option one would have totaled my car.

FRPP HotRods Cams / American Racing Headers Long Tubes with catted X / Stang-Hi dyno tune
Saleen wheels / Steeda CAI / Corsa Xtremes, K Springs, Koni STR.Ts, UMI lca relo. Brackets/r lwr ctrl arms UMI adj. panhard bar / Camber plates / SR Strut Tower Brace.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:56 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destination S19 View Post
Not sure if you're being serious. In the situation I was in, there were two choices, plow into her car or steer into the curb. I chose the option that didn't involve hurting anyone. I can almost guarantee that option one would have totaled my car.
did your insurance pay for it? How much was the repair?
Old 12-11-2013, 08:22 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
did your insurance pay for it? How much was the repair?
I wasn't going to make a claim against my own insurance. I paid out of pocket for a new set of wheels and tires.

Old 12-12-2013, 01:53 PM   #26

Region: Missouri
I feel this pain all to well as I nailed a curb with the drive side front. I took it to the shop just to see what was out of whack and looked to just be a bent wheel, bent strut mount and and strut. I am getting ready to take it back and see if an alignment can be done yet. I bought a sve lowering kit that had shocks, struts and springs from Late model and GT500 strut mounts. I noticed after I hit the curb my camber was way off and my fender was a a lot closer to my door. I really should have taken it to the body shop and had it checked out more completely.
jays86lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 08:18 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Just thought I'd put a update out...getting her back the 1st and I'm getting new wheels, exhaust, and a lowering kit I'm so happy, it's bitter sweet!
Old 12-21-2013, 11:07 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Best out of a bad situation. Good job
Old 12-27-2013, 03:53 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

My wife had a similar situation happen to her. Some idiot was backing out of a parking space, not paying attention to oncoming traffic. So to avoid getting hit, she swerved over into the curb and ended up destroying two of her new 19" Lexani's that I put on her Sonata. Not even two weeks after getting them!!
Old 12-27-2013, 04:06 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Glad you are ok and made out well.

If you need some rims let me know.

Funny, something similar happened to us some time back as well.
These cars are notorious for the rims being pushed back in to the fender

MELLOWYELLOW06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 04:10 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Bought some Amr rims from American muscle! Can't wait to get her back at the 5th now

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion