How often do you get challenged. Lol - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-13-2013, 09:23 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
How often do you get challenged. Lol

So first full day with my GT, and I was challenged to race 3 times. Coming from a WRX I was never challenged. Does this seem to be a norm for the mustang community. Lol
bgodfrey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2013, 10:28 PM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
I don't really get challenged much, and its mostly riced out imports in my area. I'm actually pretty surprised.

That being said, lets (everyone else who is going to post) keep this thread about other people that challenge you, do NOT post about actual street racing. Thanks.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:07 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgodfrey8 View Post
So first full day with my GT, and I was challenged to race 3 times. Coming from a WRX I was never challenged. Does this seem to be a norm for the mustang community. Lol
All the time! And keep in mind I have a v6 lol, I take it as a compliment that they want to prove their car is better than mine

Just to add, a few have been from wrx's lol
AmericanBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2013, 11:11 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

YES!!!
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:40 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
I almost never have anybody mess with me :/ I think my car is just too intimidating (especially on the summer wheels)
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:45 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Yup.. Get challenged a lot, not everyday but it's normally imports that tend to try and race me. Or kids from my school that think their cars are fast lol
Milehigh BKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:22 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF View Post
I almost never have anybody mess with me :/ I think my car is just too intimidating (especially on the summer wheels)
Just post a blown up copy of your last time slip in your back window...

That should do it!
Old 12-14-2013, 12:43 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post

Just post a blown up copy of your last time slip in your back window...

That should do it!
Haha then everybody will just point and laugh at me instead
Old 12-14-2013, 01:39 AM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Texas
I have a v6 and since I've had my new axlebacks on ( like 2 days ) no one will line up with me at a light. I'm not even trying to race or goad anyone on...

pypes-pype bombs axlebacks
Cise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:41 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I had an SS mess with me once, we weren't really racing just passing back and forth.
He can up to my work and asked who owned the cobra, and I tol him I did.
He got cocky and said something like, man I beat ur ***, what gear were u passing me in, cuz I never got lower than second.
I was like, dude I never got lower than third, please leave me alone and walk away.
I would've been so much more nice if he wasn't a ******.
His Camaro was actually really nice too.
Such a shame, I wa looking to have a nice chat about cars with him.

---------- Post added at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

I think the word COBRA scared people off akmetimes tho, but hey, I don't care if u own a v6 of a turbo 4.
If u enjoy cars, and wanna talk about cars, I'm all for it.
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 04:02 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

All the time in my mustang, but never in the lightning. Mostly mustangs are what wants to challenge me while in the 5.0 though. I can't even take my woman out to dinner without some guy tryin to get me to race him on the highway. I've had a couple vets mess with me in my lightning, but I beat them..

At the track... Of course 0:- )
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 06:11 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I've only had 1 car try to mess with me in the Mustang. It's a guy with a very clean early 4th gen Z28 (93 - 97 LT1).

In my Z28 however, everyone wanted to race. I guess it's something about a big cam and loud exhaust that makes most people think "I can take him". Although most people just want to see/hear you get on it in a car like that.

In my experience, 95% of the time that people actually try to race me (in the Z28), they are driving either a POS Honda/DSM or a Mustang GT/Cobra/Shelby. The import owners usually ask questions about the car and are typically just curious. Mustang owners are typically the D-Bags who want to race everywhere in their loud and slow cars.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:03 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I get challenged all the time. But not as much as I want. I always wanna go . Ill run ya and ill win but always just for fun . Hate butt heads that talk smack and wanna be jerks ........ Ill see ya on the road
Old 12-14-2013, 10:08 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I have Hondas rev at me alllll the time and I can't help but laugh lol. only a few mustangs have revved at me
Luke02GTmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:23 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
I've only had 1 car try to mess with me in the Mustang. It's a guy with a very clean early 4th gen Z28 (93 - 97 LT1).

In my Z28 however, everyone wanted to race. I guess it's something about a big cam and loud exhaust that makes most people think "I can take him". Although most people just want to see/hear you get on it in a car like that.

In my experience, 95% of the time that people actually try to race me (in the Z28), they are driving either a POS Honda/DSM or a Mustang GT/Cobra/Shelby. The import owners usually ask questions about the car and are typically just curious. Mustang owners are typically the D-Bags who want to race everywhere in their loud and slow cars.
Lol.
You can just BARELY tolerate it on this website with all of us goddamn Ford guys on here.

Aint that right Ish?
Old 12-14-2013, 11:01 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Lol.
You can just BARELY tolerate it on this website with all of us goddamn Ford guys on here.

Aint that right Ish?
Haha .. I still can't believe I bought a Ford. The atmosphere is definitely different from the GM and DSM sites.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:13 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Haha .. I still can't believe I bought a Ford. The atmosphere is definitely different from the GM and DSM sites.
What is the atmosphere from GM?
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:23 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I had a kid in a black gt, essentially my cars twin, right down to the 18 in chrome saleens, play around on the street. Passing each other, WOT pull for a second to hear the exhaust. Pulled up at a light and we talked shop for a few seconds. That was the first time i've heard the SLP catless x pipe setup in person, and oh my jesus, did that thing roar.

Other than that, i once had 2 dudes in a circa 2000 Chevy venture minivan want to go. Pretty sure they just wanted to hear the pipes belt out a tune. My race car life is rather boring.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:42 PM   #19
Road Trip!
Regular

Funny how I get challenged in my slow sixxer. Have hondas and a celica (that dude was funny) and some other v6 mustangs.
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:21 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
What is the atmosphere from GM?
Differences between forums.

On the GM forums, they call a rose a rose and a turd a turd. In other words, they call it like it is. Simple honest truths, most of the time. They typically (surprisingly) don't bash on other cars as much as you would expect.

On the Mustang forums, it seems like if you criticize or don't agree with something, then someone gets butt hurt and incites everyone to bring out the pitch forks. Especially when LSx is mentioned anywhere in the thread, even in a users signature. This coming from being a newbie a few months ago.

On the DSM forums, if you don't have a doctorate in 4g63T or DSMology and ask a simple question (even though it's not), they treat you like you're an idiot. About the only help you get from them is either "use the search" or use the VFAQ (a site that has nearly every DSM issue answered).

Back on topic..
Old 12-15-2013, 10:30 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Differences between forums. On the GM forums, they call a rose a rose and a turd a turd. In other words, they call it like it is. Simple honest truths, most of the time. They typically (surprisingly) don't bash on other cars as much as you would expect. On the Mustang forums, it seems like if you criticize or don't agree with something, then someone gets butt hurt and incites everyone to bring out the pitch forks. Especially when LSx is mentioned anywhere in the thread, even in a users signature. This coming from being a newbie a few months ago. On the DSM forums, if you don't have a doctorate in 4g63T or DSMology and ask a simple question (even though it's not), they treat you like you're an idiot. About the only help you get from them is either "use the search" or use the VFAQ (a site that has nearly every DSM issue answered). Back on topic..
We are united.. With pitch forks. I'll take it

And I get challenge all the time. It must be the racing stripes. I'm from Texas tho do it's mainly ****** bags in huge diesel trucks that have a chip on them. Smoke em up, just stop before like 50-60 so they can't get their top end up

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:09 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Differences between forums.

On the GM forums, they call a rose a rose and a turd a turd. In other words, they call it like it is. Simple honest truths, most of the time. They typically (surprisingly) don't bash on other cars as much as you would expect.

On the Mustang forums, it seems like if you criticize or don't agree with something, then someone gets butt hurt and incites everyone to bring out the pitch forks. Especially when LSx is mentioned anywhere in the thread, even in a users signature. This coming from being a newbie a few months ago.

On the DSM forums, if you don't have a doctorate in 4g63T or DSMology and ask a simple question (even though it's not), they treat you like you're an idiot. About the only help you get from them is either "use the search" or use the VFAQ (a site that has nearly every DSM issue answered).

Back on topic..

This was my biggest problem with and wrx forum. Most used reply "use the search" well I just did and it was pretty much 80 pages of bashing someone who didn't know an answer. Or had an opinion that the Evo was a great car lol. I hope that the mustang forums are different.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:13 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
This was my biggest problem with and wrx forum. Most used reply "use the search" well I just did and it was pretty much 80 pages of bashing someone who didn't know an answer. Or had an opinion that the Evo was a great car lol. I hope that the mustang forums are different.
The evo is a great car lol. But there have been a few of the "use the search" but most people here are helpful... As far as I know.
AmericanBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:14 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
There are still idiots that tell you to use the search button.. Just ignore them. There are tons of people that will help you tho. Most understand that if everyone used the search button, these forums would be dead and would die off. Common questions keep the forums active and flowing!

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang View Post
There are still idiots that tell you to use the search button.. Just ignore them. There are tons of people that will help you tho. Most understand that if everyone used the search button, these forums would be dead and would die off. Common questions keep the forums active and flowing!

Exactly!! That's why most of us become part of a forum. For the most part we all have one thing in common we love to talk about cars. So just answer the who Evers question or just ignore it. That's my rant. I'll get back on topic.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Diesel trucks TRY to mess with me but I live in a redneck town lol
Old 12-15-2013, 11:56 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Here in fort benning I can't drive with out someone reving up at me. It doesn't bother me at all usually I just ignore it to. Many cops and MP's around to risk anything.
Old 12-15-2013, 12:01 PM   #28
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Exactly!! That's why most of us become part of a forum. For the most part we all have one thing in common we love to talk about cars. So just answer the who Evers question or just ignore it. That's my rant. I'll get back on topic.

Out of all the forums I've seen this one is the most active, there are always conversations going on and always stuff happening, that's why I stick with this one.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 12:17 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Here in fort benning I can't drive with out someone reving up at me. It doesn't bother me at all usually I just ignore it to. Many cops and MP's around to risk anything.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:22 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang View Post

Sounds like you haven't read enough gears or exhaust threads yet. I recommend searching because there's almost always two or three active threads about exhaust or gears at any given point in time. We have dedicated stickies for those common questions so why not use them? If they have a real question more than "What sounds best?" then I will gladly try to lend assistance if possible
Old 12-15-2013, 01:31 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

I get challenged at least once a day lol if not more.
3.73 Gears
XXR 521 Wheels
20x8.5 and 20x10.5
Count Dragula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 03:10 PM   #32
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Whipple View Post
I get challenged at least once a day lol if not more.
After watching your video I wouldn't even come near you
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 03:17 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joser714 View Post

After watching your video I wouldn't even come near you
What video?
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 03:43 PM   #34