Snow Sucks - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-25-2014, 06:23 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Snow Sucks

My car hasn't moved since Sunday. I think our road department forgot my road exists. Haven't seen a plow or salt truck in weeks. I just got a tuner & dual exhaust put on just before all this weather hit. It's killing me! Anyone else snowed in?
BostonSoxFan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2014, 06:29 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Region: Massachusetts
Up here in mass, we just got done with are storm. I have a winter car so my stang hasn't moved since this weather started earlier this week. Also I like your username, go Red Soxs!!!
Old 01-25-2014, 06:32 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Well down here in Kentucky we aren't prepared at all for this stuff. Our back roads are horrible. Schools have been closed since last Wednesday lol Glad to meet another Sox fan!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2014, 06:37 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Damn man that's rough, idk if you have ever seen a New England but we are used to this lol you from up here?
Old 01-25-2014, 06:39 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonSoxFan3 View Post
Well down here in Kentucky we aren't prepared at all for this stuff. Our back roads are horrible. Schools have been closed since last Wednesday lol Glad to meet another Sox fan!
What part of Kentucky? Im originally from Lexington. My mom and dad live in Versailles. Are you a Wildcat or Cardinal?...

Go Cats!
Vintage Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:42 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adogg View Post
Damn man that's rough, idk if you have ever seen a New England but we are used to this lol you from up here?

Nope. Just a sports fan. The Reds are the hometown team around here and they traded Pokey Reese who wound up in Boston so I've been a Sox fan since I was younger. I took a road trip to Fenway 2 years ago, but that was during the Summer.
Old 01-25-2014, 06:43 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Iron View Post
What part of Kentucky? Im originally from Lexington. My mom and dad live in Versailles. Are you a Wildcat or Cardinal?...

Go Cats!

Dry Ridge. Halfway between Cincinnati & Lex. And neither. Bearcats all the way! Haha!
Old 01-25-2014, 06:45 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Dry Ridge. Halfway between Cincinnati & Lex. And neither. Bearcats all the way! Haha!
OMG...your kidding? They actually play Basketball in Cincinnati? I thought they just pulled a gun and robbed people
Old 01-25-2014, 06:46 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
OMG...your kidding? They actually play Basketball in Cincinnati? I thought they just pulled a gun and robbed people

Hahahaha So funny. I hear it constantly.
Old 01-25-2014, 06:50 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Nope. Just a sports fan. The Reds are the hometown team around here and they traded Pokey Reese who wound up in Boston so I've been a Sox fan since I was younger. I took a road trip to Fenway 2 years ago, but that was during the Summer.

Oooo alright, nice man I have been up to Boston a few times myself it's nice there.
Old 01-25-2014, 06:52 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adogg View Post
Oooo alright, nice man I have been up to Boston a few times myself it's nice there.

Yeah. The roads are a maze & I got the finger constantly while driving. It was an experience to say the least. Haha Gotta love Massholes!
Old 01-25-2014, 06:56 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hahahaha So funny. I hear it constantly.
I liked Cincinnati when Bob Huggins was there but they have always been known as thugs at Cinci because they are always fighting Xavier I think it is?

When are you guys gonna step it up and play a real Basketball school like Kentucky?
Old 01-25-2014, 07:06 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I liked Cincinnati when Bob Huggins was there but they have always been known as thugs at Cinci because they are always fighting Xavier I think it is?

When are you guys gonna step it up and play a real Basketball school like Kentucky?

Nothing wrong with a tough, scrappy, defensive team. I'm fine with having players that stick around 4 years. With the recruiting that UK has, they SHOULD win every single yr but they can't build any chemistry in one year. I have these arguments every day of my life because ppl can't accept that there are other decent teams in existence. It's like arguing with a Yankees fan that keeps yelling "27" in your face.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:19 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Hmmm I dont know bout that, we just won the title in 2012. Uk has 8 titles and more wins than any school in history so I will let that speak for itself. Probably wont this year but we recruit the best because we can get them and I cannot blame a young man for wanting to move on if he can get millions of dollars. Most of these kids that come to UK, Cinci or wherever are poor to begin with so a chance at that money they are gonna take it.

Like another guys sig says, "dont hate-appreciate", its all in good fun.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:25 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hmmm I dont know bout that, we just won the title in 2012. Uk has 8 titles and more wins than any school in history so I will let that speak for itself. Probably wont this year but we recruit the best because we can get them and I cannot blame a young man for wanting to move on if he can get millions of dollars. Most of these kids that come to UK, Cinci or wherever are poor to begin with so a chance at that money they are gonna take it.

Like another guys sig says, "dont hate-appreciate", its all in good fun.

Trust me, I envy your success and have a great appreciation for "dynasties" in sports. I just hate not getting ANY respect from other fan bases. I don't have a problem with UK, I just hate getting death threats around tournament time every year cuz I don't cheer for Big Blue. Lol People are crazy around here man. If you believe something different you aren't welcome.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:31 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Trust me, I envy your success and have a great appreciation for "dynasties" in sports. I just hate not getting ANY respect from other fan bases. I don't have a problem with UK, I just hate getting death threats around tournament time every year cuz I don't cheer for Big Blue. Lol People are crazy around here man. If you believe something different you aren't welcome.
Now when people start handing out death threats, thats not a UK fan.

Thats crazy and I wouldnt associate myself with any of that.

The reason Cinci probably doesnt get any respect is because they dont play teams like UK that I know of but they do play a good brand of basketball which is that fast running game that I like and so do most UK fans.....Im not even sure what conference Cinci is in?
Old 01-25-2014, 07:38 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Now when people start handing out death threats, thats not a UK fan.

Thats crazy and I wouldnt associate myself with any of that.

The reason Cinci probably doesnt get any respect is because they dont play teams like UK that I know of but they do play a good brand of basketball which is that fast running game that I like and so do most UK fans.....Im not even sure what conference Cinci is in?

The Big East left UC behind. The ACC turned them away. They are in the American conference with Louisville, UCONN, USF, UCF, SMU, Rutgers, Temple, Houston, & Memphis now. Not bad, but not great. They can't get accepted to the bigger conferences so they are stuck playing these sub par teams. We don't really get those big game opportunities unless it's against Louisville.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:43 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The Big East left UC behind. The ACC turned them away. They are in the American conference with Louisville, UCONN, USF, UCF, SMU, Rutgers, Temple, Houston, & Memphis now. Not bad, but not great. They can't get accepted to the bigger conferences so they are stuck playing these sub par teams. We don't really get those big game opportunities unless it's against Louisville.
Seems like they could go to the Big Ten since Indiana and Michigan are in there...Loserville leaves after this year to the ACC. They are gonna get a wakeup call....
Old 01-25-2014, 07:47 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Seems like they could go to the Big Ten since Indiana and Michigan are in there...Loserville leaves after this year to the ACC. They are gonna get a wakeup call....

We'll see where they end up. I was sad to see the Big East fall apart. With Syracuse, Louisville, UCONN, Pitt, Georgetown, West Virginia, Notre Dame, that was a legit conference. I just want out of the American.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:51 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
We'll see where they end up. I was sad to see the Big East fall apart. With Syracuse, Louisville, UCONN, Pitt, Georgetown, West Virginia, Notre Dame, that was a legit conference. I just want out of the American.
Yes I dont understand why the Big East fell apart, that was one scary conference to play against because of the style of basketball they play....I think Syracuse may win it all this year.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:59 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes I dont understand why the Big East fell apart, that was one scary conference to play against because of the style of basketball they play....I think Syracuse may win it all this year.

I'm thinking Syracuse also. Haven't watched Arizona enough to know what kind of team they are. Michigan State is in trouble against Michigan right now. Down 8. 2 mins left.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:01 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm thinking Syracuse also. Haven't watched Arizona enough to know what kind of team they are. Michigan State is in trouble against Michigan right now. Down 8. 2 mins left.
I dont care for Mich State...Ive seen Arizona play, they are GOOD but I think Syracuse is better....I like Jim Boeheim he is one hell of a coach and gets no respect. If he was at Duke he would but for some reason he doesnt get it at Syracuse.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:17 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Hey a fellow Kentuckian!!! I'm in Oldham county, I feel your pain b/c I got my MAC axle back exhaust a few days before all of the snow and can't make it to the shop to have it installed with a custom H-pipe. Snow sucks!

2007 V6 Mustang (manual), Hurst/FR short throw, MAC dual exhaust, custom H-pipe, chin spoiler, GT front bumper, billet aluminum grill, GT500 rear bumper, GT500 wing, FR windshield banner, FR strut tower brace, LED interior lights, sequential taillights, FR side markers, slotted and drilled brakes, 93 Cobra teal painted (and cleared) stripes, etc.
Aventador97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:35 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aventador97 View Post
Hey a fellow Kentuckian!!! I'm in Oldham county, I feel your pain b/c I got my MAC axle back exhaust a few days before all of the snow and can't make it to the shop to have it installed with a custom H-pipe. Snow sucks!

Haha it sucks! I've got mine installed and only driven it maybe 20 mins. Finally got it out today but there's still ice everywhere. Ready for warmer weather!
Old 01-27-2014, 07:42 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Haha it sucks! I've got mine installed and only driven it maybe 20 mins. Finally got it out today but there's still ice everywhere. Ready for warmer weather!

Oh that's even worse than just having the box like me, you know what your missing out on. I'm with you I'm ready for some warm weather or at the very least no more snow so there is no more salt; that way I can take my car out instead of it collecting dust.

2007 V6 Mustang (manual), Hurst/FR short throw, MAC dual exhaust, custom H-pipe, chin spoiler, GT front bumper, billet aluminum grill, GT500 rear bumper, GT500 wing, FR windshield banner, FR strut tower brace, LED interior lights, sequential taillights, FR side markers, slotted and drilled brakes, 93 Cobra teal painted (and cleared) stripes, etc.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:47 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Snow Sucks

Sorry I'm not sure how this got here (this 2nd post)

Old 01-28-2014, 08:27 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I remember Michigan weather man from October to may way too long. I sure enjoy Texas weather you can go for a ride any day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
blackbeauty 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:20 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
It sure does try driving a sixxer on summer tires no trac control and abs with only one wheel actually providing power
comporange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:29 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

**** snow yo!im dying to take snake out !!!!!
Old 02-04-2014, 04:40 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Snow Sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra mark View Post
**** snow yo!im dying to take snake out !!!!!

After this month u might be able to if we dont get anymore of it
comporange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:43 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
We're right in the middle of a 48hr snow storm. Brushed about 6" off my car this morning. All schools and a good chunk of businesses are closed for the day. The news said our road crews have run out of sand and salt, so we have to deal with just packed and plowed roads until this crap melts. Unfortunately I still have to work, no matter what. The downside to being an assistant manager of a 24 hour convenience store....

Last year we had a few stores hit by tornadoes. No major damage but there were power outages, downed lines, broken windows, etc. and we only closed for about 2 hours to clean everything up.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:42 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSconvert View Post
We're right in the middle of a 48hr snow storm. Brushed about 6" off my car this morning. All schools and a good chunk of businesses are closed for the day. The news said our road crews have run out of sand and salt, so we have to deal with just packed and plowed roads until this crap melts. Unfortunately I still have to work, no matter what. The downside to being an assistant manager of a 24 hour convenience store....

Last year we had a few stores hit by tornadoes. No major damage but there were power outages, downed lines, broken windows, etc. and we only closed for about 2 hours to clean everything up.
Please tell me you have a dd cause a 5.0 on snowy icy roads must suck haha

JMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:48 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMoney View Post
Please tell me you have a dd cause a 5.0 on snowy icy roads must suck haha
My Coyote is my dd. Why?

Because I'm not a child...lol. Been driving rear wheel drive vehicles in this stuff since I was 16. It's no walk in the park but, contrary to popular belief, it IS IN FACT possible to get somewhere without ending up in a ditch.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:08 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSconvert View Post
My Coyote is my dd. Why?

Because I'm not a child...lol. Been driving rear wheel drive vehicles in this stuff since I was 16. It's no walk in the park but, contrary to popular belief, it IS IN FACT possible to get somewhere without ending up in a ditch.
It definitely is possible I dd my mustang and the ice in ky has sucked but its not too hard to get around. My point was that the snow, salt, and ice must stink when it gets on your nice new GT.

JMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:14 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Meh, that's what car washes are for. I hate people that refuse to drive their cars in actual weather. I live in an apartment, so it gets snow and ice on it no matter what I do. And our city is out of salt at the moment, so I just have sand to deal with lol.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion