Putting this to a vote! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-26-2014, 11:07 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Stock for stock? Mod for mod? I paid 10k for my car. It's also 15 years old. But if I can put 20k into my car to match the price of a challenger then it would be really ugly. And yes a 2012 rt, srt-8 charger was slower than my car
Redsvtcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2014, 11:12 PM   #37
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
well record your big race and upload the video. you should be done the race before he gets off the line
KraftDinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:12 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1390799577.436146.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	299.5 KB
ID:	145987
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2014, 11:13 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraftDinner View Post
well record your big race and upload the video. you should be done the race before he gets off the line

That's only if you were racing
Old 01-26-2014, 11:17 PM   #40
Road Trip!

Woah those chargers ain't no joke! http://youtu.be/uMOHfULsNX4

Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®
CoolHorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:17 PM   #41
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsvtcobra View Post
2011 challenger 392 vs 99 cobra - YouTube 99 cobra with just exhaust and a tune vs stock challenger

First you are saying Charger. Now you post a video with a Challenger (and it could have been a v6 for all we know) in the dark with no indication that it was a race. Sounded like someone trying to pull a race with a car that was ignoring them. Your stories are twisted and your info about your own car is incorrect. I just want the correct info and proof about all vehicles involved so we can have a good debate....not a fight.

FYI,was that even your channel because I didn't see any other videos with your red 99 Cobra. It was all Hondas. Also.....I have to delete that video you posted. It's street racing,sorry.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:20 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
First you are saying Charger. Now you post a video with a Challenger (and it could have been a v6 for all we know) in the dark with no indication that it was a race. Sounded like someone trying to pull a race with a car that was ignoring them. Your stories are twisted and your info about your own car is incorrect. I just want the correct info and proof about all vehicles involved so we can have a good debate....not a fight.

FYI,was that even your channel because I didn't see any other videos with your red 99 Cobra. It was all Hondas. Also.....I have to delete that video you posted. It's street racing,sorry.

It said in the description that it was a 391 or whatever. That's the big motor. That was someone else's channel. I don't street race. Point being my car has had the recall. Just asked the previous owner. I know more about the 03-04 cobra than the 99. I've worked on 03-04s for years. Just now got the 99. So cut me some slack. Anyways. Everything has been replaced. Even with better parts. 03-04 cobra manifolds. Computer has a performance tune. All that good stuff. And my other point is the challenger is faster than the charger. So since the 99 won. It's faster than the charger.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:21 PM   #43
Road Trip!

Two 2012 srt 8 chargers on the strip
http://youtu.be/jL1at7d16BA

Old 01-26-2014, 11:23 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Haha. That's awesome! I ran a 12.7 for my fastest time! I'm happy with that!
Old 01-26-2014, 11:26 PM   #45
Road Trip!

In the other thread he also said he destroyed (2) Camaro SS cars
so challenger srt8
charger
Camaro ss
all these cars getting eatin up by a 300 hp 300 trq NA car haha I am truly impressed
Old 01-26-2014, 11:30 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
In the other thread he also said he destroyed (2) Camaro SS cars
so challenger srt8
charger
Camaro ss
all these cars getting eatin up by a 300 hp 300 trq NA car haha I am truly impressed

It's the driver too. Can't forget that. And it's not that hard. Their gearing sucks. One of my friends is the one with the camaro. Which btw is much faster than a charger and challenger. He was even impressed.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:33 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

I have had my butt handed to me by a z06 corvette, my terminator friend, my friend with a Shelby gt500, a guy with a zr1, and a guy with the c7 corvette. Never by a charger/challenger.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:34 PM   #48
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Stock for stock? Mod for mod? I paid 10k for my car. It's also 15 years old. But if I can put 20k into my car to match the price of a challenger then it would be really ugly. And yes a 2012 rt, srt-8 charger was slower than my car
You paid $10K for your car and didn't bother to make sure the recall was done by simply checking under the hood or running the vin at your local Ford dealer before buying it? First you said it didn't need the recall because it was a late model 99 (which is completely false and you didn't know that) and now you don't know? I wanted to know if you were talking stock for stock or mod for mod because you didn't say what you were talking about.Yes you can put 20K in your car to match the "price" of a Challenger but last time I checked races are about HP/TQ and not a price tag of what the car is worth. I paid $10.5 for my 99 Cobra and made sure it had the recall before I bought it with Full exhaust,tune and 4.10s. Even with those mods my car couldn't pull my buddys Diablo tuned 2007 Charger SRT8 with full weight plus his 240lb fat ***. Your story is so full of holes and deceptive lies and I'm just trying to be real and get the facts so we can have a honest debate.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:38 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You paid $10K for your car and didn't bother to make sure the recall was done by simply checking under the hood or running the vin at your local Ford dealer before buying it? First you said it didn't need the recall because it was a late model 99 (which is completely false and you didn't know that) and now you don't know? I wanted to know if you were talking stock for stock or mod for mod because you didn't say what you were talking about.Yes you can put 20K in your car to match the "price" of a Challenger but last time I checked races are about HP/TQ and not a price tag of what the car is worth. I paid $10.5 for my 99 Cobra and made sure it had the recall before I bought it with Full exhaust,tune and 4.10s. Even with those mods my car couldn't pull my buddys Diablo tuned SRT8 with full weight plus his 240lb fat ***. Your story is so full of holes and deceptive lies and I'm just trying to be real and get the facts so we can have a honest debate.

Blah blah blah. My car was owned by a guy who works at pro dyno. It was built/tuned there. I didn't need to check the recall because I trusted a shop and a guy who never drove it in the rain and put over 10k Into it. So therefore I didn't need to check. Even if it didn't have the recall. I would flash my computer and put long tubes on it. Big deal. It's fixable! And yes it murders chargers/challengers. Something must be wrong with yours. Not being mean. And I'm not lying. Haven't owned a 99 cobra before. One guy at a car meet said if it was over 2000 on the number build for that cobra it was ok. So I didn't question it. But hey, it's been recalled, it runs really really really strong. It's faster than a charger. I'm happy with the 12.7 quarter mile it ran
Old 01-26-2014, 11:40 PM   #50
Road Trip!

He said it was a cop car that he pulled on soo..

•How much crap do they carry in their car?

•they are still on the stock tune right?

•are they all automatics?

•what is hp gain from getting all the recalled items?

Here are some specs on the car but idk how reliable motor trend is tbh

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390801195.803372.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	243.5 KB
ID:	145990

Old 01-26-2014, 11:40 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

If we ran horsepower for horsepower I would be completely faster. My car with 470 at the crank would be a lot faster! But it's faster now. That's all the matters. It's had it's recall. It runs fine and it's plenty fast. I'm not afraid to admit when I lose to something. But I have not to a charger/challenger of any type
Old 01-26-2014, 11:45 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

The cop car was an r/t. Nothing special. But even still. I've taken srt-8s. By 2 lengths sometimes. I don't want to argue. I'm not as familiar with the 99s. I was going off of what someone said. But I went and checked and it's all good under the hood. I don't want to argue with a fellow mustang owner. But I have outran them. Next time I go to the strip if one is out there I'll have to get a video. Sorry bud for arguing. And thanks for telling me where to look!
Old 01-26-2014, 11:51 PM   #53
Road Trip!

Putting this to a vote!

If a car was properly maintained throughout it's life I don't see how it being a 15 year old car would make a difference tbh.

Btw I found this info about the recalls:

Old 01-26-2014, 11:53 PM   #54
Road Trip!

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390801998.287527.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	234.8 KB
ID:	145991

Old 01-26-2014, 11:53 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I have my money on the sn95 .. More power, lighter, SRA
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:54 PM   #56
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
It said in the description that it was a 391 or whatever. That's the big motor. That was someone else's channel. I don't street race. Point being my car has had the recall. Just asked the previous owner. I know more about the 03-04 cobra than the 99. I've worked on 03-04s for years. Just now got the 99. So cut me some slack. Anyways. Everything has been replaced. Even with better parts. 03-04 cobra manifolds. Computer has a performance tune. All that good stuff. And my other point is the challenger is faster than the charger. So since the 99 won. It's faster than the charger.

Its a 392 and they both have the same motor with 470 HP and 470 lb-ft of TQ. The Challenger can run mid 12's stock without anything that your vehicle has. All I'm saying is do some homework and show some proof. It all sounds suspect. Have fun with your car but don't BS everyone when you don't have any facts to back it up except interweb blib a de blab.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:56 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You paid $10K for your car and didn't bother to make sure the recall was done by simply checking under the hood or running the vin at your local Ford dealer before buying it? First you said it didn't need the recall because it was a late model 99 (which is completely false and you didn't know that) and now you don't know? I wanted to know if you were talking stock for stock or mod for mod because you didn't say what you were talking about.Yes you can put 20K in your car to match the "price" of a Challenger but last time I checked races are about HP/TQ and not a price tag of what the car is worth. I paid $10.5 for my 99 Cobra and made sure it had the recall before I bought it with Full exhaust,tune and 4.10s. Even with those mods my car couldn't pull my buddys Diablo tuned 2007 Charger SRT8 with full weight plus his 240lb fat ***. Your story is so full of holes and deceptive lies and I'm just trying to be real and get the facts so we can have a honest debate.

You couldn't pull a srt8 charger with just a tune ??! I think you should stop "trying to race" other cars.. And learn how to drive first buddy Lmao !
Old 01-26-2014, 11:59 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Its a 392 and they both have the same motor with 470 HP and 470 lb-ft of TQ. The Challenger can run mid 12's stock without anything that your vehicle has. All I'm saying is do some homework and show some proof. It all sounds suspect. Have fun with your car but don't BS everyone when you don't have any facts to back it up except interweb blib a de blab.

Horsepower doesn't mean anything , if you have any logic you would understand how heavy those things are, and just because the internet says a car does a certain time at a track, that doesn't mean anything.
Geez .. Can't believe you believe what you read on the internet lmao .. Go to the track and watch races.

Chargers are slow , and over rated, challenger srt8s are heavy and heavy and over rated and slow .

Learn to drive and you'll beat one .. One day.. Someday..
Old 01-27-2014, 12:02 AM   #59
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow4V View Post
You couldn't pull a srt8 charger with just a tune ??! I think you should stop "trying to race" other cars.. And learn how to drive first buddy Lmao !
And neither could that turd you have (even though it's gorgeous) LMAO. I don't why y'all think a 320 at the crank HP 4V could out run a SRT8 with over 125 HP more.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:07 AM   #60
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow4V View Post
Horsepower doesn't mean anything , if you have any logic you would understand how heavy those things are, and just because the internet says a car does a certain time at a track, that doesn't mean anything.
Geez .. Can't believe you believe what you read on the internet lmao .. Go to the track and watch races.

Chargers are slow , and over rated, challenger srt8s are heavy and heavy and over rated and slow .

Learn to drive and you'll beat one .. One day.. Someday..

Here we go with the power to weight. I understand that so don't assume. That Mach is in the same boat with a 99 Cobra anyways,lol.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:09 AM   #61
Road Trip!

Quote:
And neither could that turd you have (even though it's gorgeous) LMAO. I don't why y'all think a 320 at the crank HP 4V could out run a SRT8 with over 125 HP more.

And about 860 lbs

4360 lb srt8 charger
3500 lb stang

Old 01-27-2014, 12:13 AM   #62
Road Trip!

Lets not forget the multiple Camaro SS that he has eaten
Old 01-27-2014, 12:15 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Why would I eat a camaro? That sounds terribly unhealthy. Deadly actually
Old 01-27-2014, 12:16 AM   #64
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHorsey View Post
And about 860 lbs

4360 lb srt8 charger
3500 lb stang

Yes,I am aware.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:21 AM   #65
Road Trip!

Quote:

Here's a stock 2012 camaro ss dyno http://youtu.be/alxOs1_pFuo

Old 01-27-2014, 12:36 AM   #66
Road Trip!

ok 372 and 386 ... if it was cold out side that would be 400
Old 01-27-2014, 12:38 AM   #67
Road Trip!

Quote:

That made me lol!

Old 01-27-2014, 07:53 AM   #68
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Meh...they're boats. I asked a guy in a srt8 challenger where his life vest was the other day. He was not as amused as my wife and I were.

Sent from my massive johnson.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:35 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

How do you know it wasn't already cold? The video doesn't have the conditions. What if it was -10 degrees? You don't know that. What if it was 110? You don't know that. Either way I was still faster than my friends camaro
Old 01-27-2014, 08:40 AM   #70
Road Trip!

Relax red! hahah Ive learned a lot from you!!! With a car with as little as 305 and 300 if you just put 4.30 gears in your basically untouchable.... If your car really can smoke all these cars with much much higher hp and torque specs then I think people need to forget about engine work and just put 4.30s in and forget turbos and junk like that

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion