Hazardous objects on the road. (Pet peeve) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-07-2014, 12:34 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Hazardous objects on the road. (Pet peeve)

Today is Friday and the weather is looking nice so I decided to bring my Mustang to work. On the way to work, I accidentally ran over an unidentifiable object that must've fallen off of a truck bed (could not avoid it). As soon as I braced for the impact, I heard a loud clunk sound from down under. Thank god no visible damage was done. Anyways, this got me wondering. Lol what are some of the craziest crap that you've ever encountered on the road with your beautiful Mustang?
Destro415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2014, 01:00 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland

Was driving to class one morning and I was behind a Chevy van that had a mattress tied up on the roof. Without warning, the mattress broke loose, did a flip in the air, and was getting ready to get run over by me! Luckily I was paying attention and swerved to avoid it and got up next to the van at the next light and told him that he was an asshat and that his mattress was about a half a mile back.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:20 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Wow that's crazy! I'm glad you avoided that. I hate it when people try to turn their vehicles into a last minute pick up truck lol. I've seen a Prius hauling huge crap before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2014, 01:21 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
In my friends 01 GT we were leaving his dad's house and were on a back road. There was a double dip in the road, enough that you can't see it from either direction (this was at night), well, in this dip were cinder blocks spaced about a foot apart and standing vertically completely across the road.

We were doing about 60 - 70 MPH when we hit them, there was literally no time to react. It was one of those O -shi - BANG moments. He stopped, got out, looked at his car, the bumper was scratched to hell, the fog lights and the lower fascia were completely destroyed and the driver side headlight was cracked, there were scratches all the way down the sides. It was pretty bad.

Then we realized this wasn't just some random object in the road. They were deliberately placed to cause damage for whomever went down that road.

We spent the next 15 minutes cleaning up the road so no one else would hit them.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:36 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Damn that totally sucks. My heart would be beating like hell if that had happened to me. I can't even imagine.

Old 03-07-2014, 01:44 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Wow who would do that?
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
Old 03-07-2014, 01:52 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
The other day driving with my buddy we saw a full sheet of the liner that sits under a car hood, flying across 4 lanes of traffic. About 20 minutes later we saw a giant cabinet that fell off a truck shrewn across the road. Craziest thing i've ever seen was a mattress laying across the expressway. As well as a mountain bike.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:59 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I was driving home one time and i saw what appeared to a bag of trash (it was at 11pm) and then it started moving..... It was two big *** raccoons fighting....
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 02:10 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I've had to drop a gear to dodge rolling tumble weeds. They suck!
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 02:24 PM   #10
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
I almost ran over a dead body last year.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 02:25 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
Wow who would do that?
That's just the cesspool that is Richmond, Indiana.

If any city on earth deserves to get firebombed, it's that one.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:39 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I remembered another one. The other day I was driving on the beltway and I come across an old SUV driving along but it just doesn't look like it's sitting right. Get a little closer and see that the front left wheel is COMPLETELY flat. Like no air at all. As in the tire was flapping around...
Old 03-07-2014, 04:25 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Less than a WEEK after buying my GT, I was driving back from the first day of senior year, and a bent metal bar was in the lane... Couldn't change lanes because of traffic, so I had to try to dodge it in the lane.

Luckily it missed the wheels and hit the side undercarriage. No damage done to the car at all.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:44 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I hit a peice of cast iron off a old tractor while following a Tahoe and it broke my bullitt side skirt

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 03-07-2014, 07:57 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

One time I saw a brand new pool table smashed on the freeway. Must have just fallen off a delivery truck because the smashed shipping crate was also on the roadway. Funny part was the billard balls rolling down the freeway as cars hit them.
2007 Torch Red Mustang GT, Parchment Leather, Saleen Supercharger, SCT X-Cal Programmer,brenspeed.com tunes, Tuned by X-Act Dyno (Tempe, Az) 425rwhp, 4:10 Gears, Axel-back MAC exhaust, Dashhawk OBD-II Computer Monitoring System, Sequential Tail Lights, Halo Driving Lights, Eagle Eye Headlights with 6000K HID's, Clear Turn Signal Lenses, Projector Switchback Bulbs, Painted White LeMans Style Stripes, CDC Aggressive chin spoiler, Billet hood pins, Pirelli P-Zero P255 40 ZR19 wheels mounted on 2014 Mustang GT Wheels
Badinuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:02 PM   #16
Road Trip!
Regular

Um.... Plastic bags 😏
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:06 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joser714 View Post
Um.... Plastic bags 😏

Dude never f*** with a plastic bag. I was driving my girlfriend's Pontiac a year or two ago at night. A huge trash bag blew into the road and I thought it was a person. I yanked the wheel so hard my gf's head smacked the window. Lmao
Old 03-07-2014, 09:10 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joser714 View Post
Um.... Plastic bags

those plastic bags are no joke. Especially when they get stuck near your mid pipes. The smell of something burnt lol..

Old 03-08-2014, 12:02 AM   #19
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro415 View Post
those plastic bags are no joke. Especially when they get stuck near you mid pipes. The smell of something burnt lol..

UGHHHH!!
Don't even get me started :-/
My car still smells
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394258507.514981.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	195.6 KB
ID:	149939

Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®
CoolHorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 04:24 PM   #20
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Years ago my brother and I were in his 89' GT following a tractor trailer about 40-50 feet behind him on the highway doing about 75mph. The truck straddled a sheet of dry wall. As the truck passed over it the wind from the truck pick it up my brother had no time to react and we smashed threw it like a football team to a banner. It was not funny at the time but, looking back now. Yeah funny shyt.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion