Need some advice/ learn from my mistake! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-18-2014, 02:58 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Need some advice/ learn from my mistake!

Ok guys first off I wanna say hi how's everyone doing?
I don't come on here much but I have been trying to be more active. I love mustangs obviously lol

So as I've mentioned in the past my first mustang was a v6 99-04 body style. I wanted more horses so I upgraded to a 2013 V6 Roush RS. In the process of selling my old v6 I let everything go as far as expensive body mods and engine purchased through AM. For a while I was happy with my 13' v6 but after buying a tuner, roush CAI, I realized that it is a big waste of money. Don't get me wrong, the new 3.7 is an awesome motor and paired with Roush exhaust it sounds pretty good-kinda like a cross between a muscle car and an import. But it just isn't a v8. Now I'm kicking myself because I should have bought a v8 from the beginning. I've been looking at picking up an 01 cobra while keeping the v6, BUT trading it in for a 5.0 has crossed my mind.
I'm kind of at a standstill, I love the look of the roush body style (and 2013 mustangs in general) but I really want a new edge. What do you guys think?
Jlp06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2014, 03:19 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I feel you. I love the V8, would go with it bone base over a premium loaded V6. Here is my 1.5 cents...

Do you want the power in your every day driver? If so go with upgrading to a V8. If you want to be able to have fun on weekends and such get the older and work on it. I live in Florida so my DD is truly EVERY day. Where you live might make a difference also. I do not know allot about the Roush V6 but from an appearance aspect you should be able to mimic that on a V8 for maybe $900 (spoiler, grille, louvers and scoop??) Maybe try to get a 2013 with a few miles to eat into the drive off value drop? All of this is conjecture because like most of us I am sure money is the biggest factor. Either way I like the looks of what you have, enjoy it as long as it yours... even if that is until you can make it to the for dealer.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:24 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you for the reply.
All valid points, and yep it is my DD.
I do want the v8 but there's just something about those new edges I love. If I had it my way I would keep every mustang I've had and will ever have. Lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2014, 03:27 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

If the cobra doesn't work out I am looking at a 04 Gt with a cobra kit on it.
Sadly, Roush isn't recognized so it doesn't hold it's value like a cobra would. I've learned that the hard way, so if I did trade it in I would lose alot

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

If the cobra doesn't work out I am looking at a 04 Gt with a cobra kit on it.
Sadly, Roush isn't recognized so it doesn't hold it's value like a cobra would. I've learned that the hard way, so if I did trade it in I would lose a lot
Old 03-18-2014, 09:29 PM   #5
Road Trip!

Region: New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlp06 View Post
Ok guys first off I wanna say hi how's everyone doing?
I don't come on here much but I have been trying to be more active. I love mustangs obviously lol

So as I've mentioned in the past my first mustang was a v6 99-04 body style. I wanted more horses so I upgraded to a 2013 V6 Roush RS. In the process of selling my old v6 I let everything go as far as expensive body mods and engine purchased through AM. For a while I was happy with my 13' v6 but after buying a tuner, roush CAI, I realized that it is a big waste of money. Don't get me wrong, the new 3.7 is an awesome motor and paired with Roush exhaust it sounds pretty good-kinda like a cross between a muscle car and an import. But it just isn't a v8. Now I'm kicking myself because I should have bought a v8 from the beginning. I've been looking at picking up an 01 cobra while keeping the v6, BUT trading it in for a 5.0 has crossed my mind.
I'm kind of at a standstill, I love the look of the roush body style (and 2013 mustangs in general) but I really want a new edge. What do you guys think?

I bought a 2011 V6 it was a real nice car and very impressive power for a 6... 18 months later traded it in on a 2014 GT. If you can afford it get the 5.0! You will not regret it. I've had mine 7 months and have 12600 miles on her. I drive it a lot more than the 6er. I'd hold off for a couple months if i were you. Ford is unavailing a 2014 1/2 in the next couple days. And if rumors are correct it will be the same body style as the 2014.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:32 PM   #6
Road Trip!

Region: New York

Deleted
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:41 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

2014 1/2 huh? Hmm interesting.
If I could afford to have both I would buy the 5.0 and take the parts off my v6 body pieces etc and swap it to the 5.0. I'll have to do trade my RS in for the 5.0 though
Old 03-18-2014, 11:55 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Get the 5.0. I just traded in my 2012 v6 for a gt and it is such a bad *** car!
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion