Thoughts on 2015 Mustang? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-21-2014, 11:21 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Thoughts on 2015 Mustang?

I'm kinda on the fence about the new model. The interior is amazing, a HUGE improvement over what they have now. The increase in power in the V8 along with the introduction of the turbo 4-cyl means Chevy and Dodge are gonna have to play catch-up again lol. Along with all the other improvements they've done it seems like the Mustang is finally ready to take it's place on the world stage as a great all-around sports car. That being said, I can't make up my mind about the exterior. I think the rear looks ok, however the front is U-G-L-Y! It's like they took the front of the Taurus and slapped it on a Mustang body. What were they thinking!? But that's just my 2 cents. What do y'all think?
MadGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2014, 09:05 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGenius View Post
I'm kinda on the fence about the new model. The interior is amazing, a HUGE improvement over what they have now. The increase in power in the V8 along with the introduction of the turbo 4-cyl means Chevy and Dodge are gonna have to play catch-up again lol. Along with all the other improvements they've done it seems like the Mustang is finally ready to take it's place on the world stage as a great all-around sports car. That being said, I can't make up my mind about the exterior. I think the rear looks ok, however the front is U-G-L-Y! It's like they took the front of the Taurus and slapped it on a Mustang body. What were they thinking!? But that's just my 2 cents. What do y'all think?

I would not expect to big of a jump in power in the 5.0 maybe 35hp at the most. The new GT350 is rumored to have 550hp no way will ford put the GT with in 75hp. If you look over the past model years each engine option had about 100hp or more separating them in power.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:24 AM   #3

Region: Florida
2011-2014 body is by far the best looking stang out there. Period!
ONEFASTSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2014, 09:35 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I like it. One of my friends who has a 2006 V6 bashes it at every turn which I don't understand. Every time I ask why he says "it doesn't look muscle." I don't understand that. I think he, and many people, confuse "muscle" with "retro." They aren't synonymous.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:39 AM   #5

Agreed. That body style was very modern/retro American muscle styled.
ONEFASTSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:41 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I do like the rear end quite a bit more. Taillights and pony deck lid. Rest looks pretty on par with what a newer version of 13-14 would look like. Not sure why but the front end and headlights dont work for me. Maybe to Euro?? not sure. It is growing on me though. Just wanted need for speed 2 days ago and it was in the end. still take the 13-14 over it but like I said growing on me.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:48 AM   #7

Like: interior is top notch
Independent rear suspension

Dislike: rear end of the car looks goofy
Mt82
jacobmoo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:13 AM   #8
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
I think the 2015 Mustang is pretty cool overall. I'm with you 100% on the interior, as it's much nicer than ever before and the quality looks solid. For the exterior, I always look at it with an "artistic" eye and see what it could be. I've never been a fan of bone stock Mustangs, since there's always awesome improvements from a few tweaks here and there.

I think if you left the grille open like the '13 GT500 (no emblem), lowered it an inch, added a small chin spoiler, larger exhaust tips, and lightly tinted windows (35%), it would be one mean machine.

That's what envision at least!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:28 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
I think the 2015 Mustang is pretty cool overall. I'm with you 100% on the interior, as it's much nicer than ever before and the quality looks solid. For the exterior, I always look at it with an "artistic" eye and see what it could be. I've never been a fan of bone stock Mustangs, since there's always awesome improvements from a new tweaks here and there.

I think if you left the grille open like the '13 GT500 (no emblem), lowered it an inch, added a small chin spoiler, larger exhaust tips, and lightly tinted windows (35%), it would be one mean machine.

That's what envision at least!

Shane
Agree totally. Added the CDC grille and I think it takes it to a whole nother level of mean looking!
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:20 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I think it looks a lot like an Aston Martin. The catfish grill has been growing on me though, interior is definitely a work of art. And if I could afford it I would get one in a heartbeat, Its gonna be a very quick, very cool car because MUSTANG.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sbales88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:09 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
There is another thread on this vary topic, it seems the exterior really is the biggest "hangup" most people have, including me.

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f356/t351552/
007Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:41 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I'm gonna miss the fog lights in the grille kinda my favorite thing about GTs but it's a beautiful masterpiece ... it sets itself apart from what's out there and I'm glad for that. still has a focus essence there but hey ya'know I would get a 13' or 14' next ....
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:22 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I'm totally in love with the look and everything on the 2015. In fact, it's making me consider buying another American car again.
vadersaysno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:36 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black8thElement View Post
I'm gonna miss the fog lights in the grille kinda my favorite thing about GTs but it's a beautiful masterpiece ... it sets itself apart from what's out there and I'm glad for that. still has a focus essence there but hey ya'know I would get a 13' or 14' next ....
Thats the one thing I dont like about the GT, lol. Thats alright though thats the best part of opinions, theres enough to go around and none are wrong
Old 07-21-2014, 12:22 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
The thing looks like a Fusion. Glad I bought my 2014 GT Track Pack...
hispeedlodrag is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Tags
2015 mustang