Idle issues - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-22-2014, 03:00 PM   #1

Idle issues

I have a 2000 gt I recently replaced all four 02 sensors and the intake manifold (due to the plastic cracking) and it went smooth very easy everything was right in front of me and I had noted where everything was pulled and goes back to after we had finished the swap. The car ran like crap the idle has become awful when on the throttle it drives perfect but when idling it will sit at 2000 then drop to normal then start kinda chugging I let the battery sit unhooked over night then when that didn't work I cleaned the throttle body and I.A.C. Valve helped barely but still rough idle it will still get up and go like normal it's just that idle also the temp gauge gets almost to the half way mark but nothing more it has full coolant but the coolant Lahr is coming on this even occurred before the intake swap. Ps the intake was the dorman from oreilys please shed some light on this I'm stumped
joehall92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2014, 08:58 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Idle issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehall92 View Post
I have a 2000 gt I recently replaced all four 02 sensors and the intake manifold (due to the plastic cracking) and it went smooth very easy everything was right in front of me and I had noted where everything was pulled and goes back to after we had finished the swap. The car ran like crap the idle has become awful when on the throttle it drives perfect but when idling it will sit at 2000 then drop to normal then start kinda chugging I let the battery sit unhooked over night then when that didn't work I cleaned the throttle body and I.A.C. Valve helped barely but still rough idle it will still get up and go like normal it's just that idle also the temp gauge gets almost to the half way mark but nothing more it has full coolant but the coolant Lahr is coming on this even occurred before the intake swap. Ps the intake was the dorman from oreilys please shed some light on this I'm stumped

You would probably get more responses to your problem in the 96'-04' board.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion