Should I trade my Mustang for a Jeep? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-24-2014, 12:01 PM   #1

Should I trade my Mustang for a Jeep?

Hey guys I'm new to the site and am not sure if this is the place to put this but I need help. I have a 2005 Mustang V6 coupe that I love very much, but I'm sort of torn. Before I ever got my first car (a 2004 Mustang V6), I have always wanted a Jeep. I don't necessarily have a need for speed (I'm 17 and have gotten a speeding ticket, my parents said if I get another one I won't be driving anything). Just wondering if I will miss the Mustang or be happy with the switch. Anyone been through this situation? Whether you have or not please comment!
BBearcat53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2014, 12:08 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
If say you can speed in anything and there is really gonna be no βž• to the jeep the insurance is gonna be no cheaper your gonna get worse gas mileage and mustangs are bad *** so keep the poney and forget the baloney 😎😎😎 XD
95convertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:12 AM   #3

My friends jeep breaks down every week. I reccomend you stay with the stang because it's sharp and reliable
Billy Kosturko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2014, 07:33 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Every single high schooler I ever knew wanted a Jeep at some point. The ones who actually got one regretted it. In fact, a friend of mine got a Jeep in high school and got rid of it about 4 months ago. It was a POS. I remember climbing into it one time using the roll cage above me as leverage. I **BENT** part of the roll cage. I'm 165 pounds........That shouldn't have happened. Idk what new Jeeps are like, maybe they got their act together. But that's my experience with Just Everyone Else's Parts.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:49 PM   #5

I don't know if it makes a difference, but my mustang is a manual and that's all I'm in to.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:54 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBearcat53 View Post
I don't know if it makes a difference, but my mustang is a manual and that's all I'm in to.
I think if you're really into driving a manual, you're really going to miss it down the road (no pun intended)
Old 03-25-2014, 01:55 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I have a 94 grand cherokee and i love it and have had no problems with it. It has the 5.2 in and it gets down the road pretty good idk about other jeeps breaking down but thats probably because of the hell the gone through with the PO. I got mine from my grandparents and they kept up on the maintenance and it has shown just gotta find one thats not been beat to ****
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:04 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska
My brother had a 2005 wrangler and its absolutely BA we have had no problems with and have upgraded allot of stuff. Jeep is a 6 speed and my Mustang Is a 5 speed if you have land and places to crawl I would recommend the jeep.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1395777894482.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	151874  
spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:39 PM   #9
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
The difference between a Jeep and a Mustang is quite large. Only you can decide which is best for you. Can't 4x4 in a Mustang...can't go into the twistys like a Mustang.

You have some serious soul searching to do.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:15 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I hope you go with something else. chryslers are nothing but trouble. One would think if a company made the same product for decades it would get better every year- they continue to have serious issues, from engine to transmissions. No balance for fuel economy/performance. Everyone I knew who wanted one wanted one "because." When we have gone off roading with small groups the serious guys don't even take them- they take smaller, lower, more reliable vehicles.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:27 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I had 93 Cherokee, speedo stopped at 85... I had it up to 90 a couple times. Most speed limits are 45/65. Jeep won't stop speeding, bud. Like others said very different. Jeeps will rattle you're teeth out of your head with the radio cranked to cover tires/road noise but mine never quit on me and never got stuck. But! It was a blast mudding! That said my mustang has never let me down and is def more tempting on the lead foot and much more style! You'll lose money switching cars so if you love the stang watch your speed. Maybe take safe driving coarse, nj gives an insurance discount for taking one, I'm sure other states do too.
Pony_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:31 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony_Boy View Post
I had 93 Cherokee, speedo stopped at 85... I had it up to 90 a couple times. Most speed limits are 45/65. Jeep won't stop speeding, bud. Like others said very different. Jeeps will rattle you're teeth out of your head with the radio cranked to cover tires/road noise but mine never quit on me and never got stuck. But! It was a blast mudding! That said my mustang has never let me down and is def more tempting on the lead foot and much more style! You'll lose money switching cars so if you love the stang watch your speed. Maybe take safe driving coarse, nj gives an insurance discount for taking one, I'm sure other states do too.

I did take a driving course, but that was so I didn't have to pay for the ticket lol
Old 03-30-2014, 08:42 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Any updates? What have you decided?!?
Pony_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:23 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Jeep wranglers are the only good jeep all the rest suck. Just go to a wrecking yard you'll see what I mean, you'll see tons of jeep Laredo, Cherokee etc. I know A lot have issues with the tranny.
The inline 6 is a good motor.

OP, why not get the both of best worlds? For example I own a 96 gmc jimmy 4x4 I have built up that's my winter and off-roading beater. My DD is a 01' Cobra and my wife's DD is a 13' Roush RS

Were both in our mid twenties and all of our friends/ slightly older family in the area are kinda jealous cuz there stuck driving crappy prius's, Chevys, or those ugly pug looking smart cars. God those things are hideous. That and those fiats, they look like a fish
Jlp06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:12 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Only for a new Grand Cherokee SRT. I do have the need for speed.
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:18 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
yes. if you have to question your relationship with your mustang for another ride then you dont deserve her anyways lol
FullyAutomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:56 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Not even close to the same feelings guys. Cruising around with top and doors off is like being on my bike. I would trade my '14 for a Jeep, if I didn't already own one. I have owned many diff Jeeps and had great luck with all but one of them. Wouldn't trade a GT500 for a Patriot, but a 10 year old Stang for a wrangler.....no question (actually I have before).
Good luck with ur decision.
Troy
Btw, the answer is "yes" to the speeding question. U will drive slower and less aggressive in a wrangler. Been there, done that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	152628  
Old 04-01-2014, 11:57 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Should I trade my Mustang for a Jeep?

What kind of Jeep? Stock or lifted? Will you take it offroad?

The TJ Wrangler is the last good Jeep. We LOVE ours! However, we love our 88 Mustang GT & our 2013 GT500 as well.

It all depends on what you want out of life. Just a warning though:
Jeeps are very easy to break into and Jeeps aren't as safe as a Mustang if you are involved in an accident

2013 Ford Mustang SVT 20th Anniversary Cobra Shelby GT500. Stock, almost.
UOP Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:44 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by UOP Shadow View Post

The TJ Wrangler is the last good Jeep. We LOVE ours! However, we love our 88 Mustang GT & our 2013 GT500 as well.

Jeeps are very easy to break into and Jeeps aren't as safe as a Mustang if you are involved in an accident
They are if you have a stinger and aftermarket body Armor lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:47 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by UOP Shadow View Post

I'm looking at Wrangler TJs. Stock probably for now, maybe a lift later. And this is Mississippi, so yes, it would hit mud every once in a while.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:50 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony_Boy View Post
Any updates? What have you decided?!?

Still unsure. I love Wranglers but I'm worried that I'll miss the Mustang.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:36 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:

Not to bump the thread but if the speed limit is 45, anything can go over 45 so any car you get will speed, it's just how fast you get to that speed. That's the difference so I would just go with personal preference man.
SkylerTallman_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 09:41 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylerTallman_ View Post
Not to bump the thread but if the speed limit is 45, anything can go over 45 so any car you get will speed, it's just how fast you get to that speed. That's the difference so I would just go with personal preference man.

It's not that the Jeep can't speed, but that in the Mustang, I have a little more desire to speed.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:58 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
It's not that the Jeep can't speed, but that in the Mustang, I have a little more desire to speed.

That is true I guess.. Lol but just make sure you love what you get because if you don't 100% completely like it, you might regret it.
SkylerTallman_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:07 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Gunna sound like a broken record, but I would never trade my Mustangs for anything. I have a crappy 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage that I use as my DD. I keep my stangs in the garage and take them out when I want to have some fun.
If you aren't totally sure, and you're worried you're gunna miss your stang later, then odds are you probably will miss it. Jeeps are awesome, no doubt about it, but are they awesome enough to trade for your stang? That's up to you
2000 V6: SR CAI, BBK Throttle Body, 4.10 Gears, Edis Coil Pack, Magnaflow Exhausts, HP Wires, Iridium Spark Plugs, Raxiom Headlights, 391/2 lb Injectors, Cobra Fuel Pump, Procharger Stage II Supercharger Blown & Intercooled @ 9 lbs of Boost.
1998 Cobra: JLT Ram CAI, Underdrive Pulleys, Eibach Launch Springs, Magnaflow Catted X-Pipe & Catback Exhausts, Saleen Spoiler. Vortech Supercharger w/ Intercooler soon to come!
CplAhern04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:47 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Jeeps RULE!

4-wheel drive + convertible= WIN!

2013 Ford Mustang SVT 20th Anniversary Cobra Shelby GT500. Stock, almost.
UOP Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:47 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I loved my jeep when I had it!! One day I will have a fast car and a jeep
Current Vehicle: 2012 Black Mustang 3.7 with a k&n 69 typhoon sieries CAI Ford racing Strut tower brace Forgestar f14s on the way 😈 | Past vehicles Ford ranger | 2001 Jeep Wranger | 2007 White v6 mustang |

Lmo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:49 PM   #28
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:

Here a perfect compromise... Get the SRT8. It's a Jeep with the power and speed of a GT. You just can't off road it.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:14 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
Here a perfect compromise... Get the SRT8. It's a Jeep with the power and speed of a GT. You just can't off road it.
And only twice as much!

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:32 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
A Jeep? HAHA, Mustangs are da way to go son! Juss dont speed when u dont know wuts ahead and be smart about it cuz ur gonna drive fast regardless of wut u r in.. I would NEVA give up my 07 GT, dats my dream car maine.
Cam Capollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:33 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
No offense but what kind of answers did you expect on a mustang forum. You would probable hear the polar opposite on a jeep forum. It's really shouldn't be a question as there 2 completely different classes of vehicles. So I would just consider which fits your needs the best. Some like sports cars and others like to go off roading.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:36 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
get a truck bro ... I prefer a raptor and destroy anything that moves...
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion