What's your funniest driving story? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-07-2014, 09:57 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
What's your funniest driving story?

Hey guys, I had a funny thing happen to me a while back when I was driving my 67 custom coupe and wanted to hear some stories from my fellow Mustangers. It can be any funny story while you where driving your pony, or if you where just driving your DD to work, doesn't matter. Racing stories are good too.

I'll start off:

I was driving back from base after I got home from deployment in early 2012. I was driving my old 1967 custom coupe because my buddies at base wanted to see it. I was going somewhat slow, because I was REALLY protective of that car. Well, after a few minutes of driving, I heard a really loud exhaust note to my left. I turned my head and saw a bran-spankin new dark blue Shelby GT500 driving right alongside of me. It was driven by an older guy, probably in his mid to late 50's. He nodded to me, I nodded back. I thought that was pretty cool and felt a sense of companionship and all.
Next thing I know though, he rolls down his window, looks at me, and literally screams at the top of his lungs
"Yea bro! Mustangs forvever! F that ricer crap! Rock that world, rock that world! WOOOOO"!!! Before completely flooring the car and speeding off into the distance. He was gone so fast I have no doubt that he probably had been doing at least over a hundred down the straightaway in the few seconds he accelerated lol.

Totally true story, hope to hear more!!!
2000 V6: SR CAI, BBK Throttle Body, 4.10 Gears, Edis Coil Pack, Magnaflow Exhausts, HP Wires, Iridium Spark Plugs, Raxiom Headlights, 391/2 lb Injectors, Cobra Fuel Pump, Procharger Stage II Supercharger Blown & Intercooled @ 9 lbs of Boost.
1998 Cobra: JLT Ram CAI, Underdrive Pulleys, Eibach Launch Springs, Magnaflow Catted X-Pipe & Catback Exhausts, Saleen Spoiler. Vortech Supercharger w/ Intercooler soon to come!
CplAhern04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2014, 10:04 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
MUSTANG BROs B4 HOES.. LOL....

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2014, 10:08 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I had my 67 Camaro (yikk) sleeper. I beat the pants off a 88 TA gta 3 times in a row. He had wrinkle wall slicks and pulled both ftont tires off the ground.. Scratching his head he said "maybe my car is too fast for the street".. LOL... (totally legal strip FYI)

Advertisement

Old 04-07-2014, 10:10 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Haha, nice. Keep em comin!
2000 V6: SR CAI, BBK Throttle Body, 4.10 Gears, Edis Coil Pack, Magnaflow Exhausts, HP Wires, Iridium Spark Plugs, Raxiom Headlights, 391/2 lb Injectors, Cobra Fuel Pump, Procharger Stage II Supercharger Blown & Intercooled @ 9 lbs of Boost.
1998 Cobra: JLT Ram CAI, Underdrive Pulleys, Eibach Launch Springs, Magnaflow Catted X-Pipe & Catback Exhausts, Saleen Spoiler. Vortech Supercharger w/ Intercooler soon to come!
CplAhern04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:00 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I was cruising around with a buddy of mine once, and he asks me if he can do a donut in my car. He drives a very slow eclipse so I say why not. So we pull into a rest area and I tell him how to perform the ancient art of spinning in a circle. He goes about it, and does the worst donut in the history of ever, only slides like half a foot. I tell him let me show you how its done, we switch sides and right when I'm about to do one a wild Highway Patrol appears. He jumps out and acts like I'm gunna try and pull a fast and furious on him and asks for licence and what not. Asks us why, and my friend say I was teaching him how to drive a stick, he gives us the are you serious face (pic related) then says why here it has camera's. So I ask him if there is a place he would recommend he laughs says no, and says dont do it here anymore and leaves

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1397023216914.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	153353  
DrSir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:00 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
When I was 16, I got pulled over once for doing 140+ (car said 148mph) in a 55 on my way home at 4 in the morning. I noticed these little lights in my rear view and pulled over. The cop finally caught up to me and walks up to the window. He asks if I knew how fast I was going, I replied "Fast enough not to look at the speedometer." He responded, "Good answer. Anything you would have said is what would have been on the ticket. I hit ya at least three times and got three lines each time (radar). You were getting it. Although, I did notice that you didn't use your turn signal back there so here's a ticket for that and a written warning for speeding."

I never turned. So why would I use a turn signal?

I accepted the punishment and was going to pay the fine considering how lucky I had been. However, my grandpa's best friend is the judge and the ticket came across his desk and he noticed my name. My grandpa calls me and tells me to get up to the courthouse to talk to the judge. I go in thinking the worst, the judge asks why I didn't use my turn signal, I explained that the cop just wanted a reason to write me up and that he was bored (never mentioned the speeding). He saw that the ticket was for 4 in the morning and out in the country a few miles from my house, he ripped up the ticket and told me to stay out of trouble.

To date, it has been the only ticket I have ever gotten out of.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:06 PM   #7
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
When I was 16, I got pulled over once for doing 140+ (car said 148mph) in a 55 on my way home at 4 in the morning. I noticed these little lights in my rear view and pulled over. The cop finally caught up to me and walks up to the window. He asks if I knew how fast I was going, I replied "Fast enough not to look at the speedometer." He responded, "Good answer. Anything you would have said is what would have been on the ticket. I hit ya at least three times and got three lines each time (radar). You were getting it. Although, I did notice that you didn't use your turn signal back there so here's a ticket for that and a written warning for speeding."

I never turned. So why would I use a turn signal?

I accepted the punishment and was going to pay the fine considering how lucky I had been. However, my grandpa's best friend is the judge and the ticket came across his desk and he noticed my name. My grandpa calls me and tells me to get up to the courthouse to talk to the judge. I go in thinking the worst, the judge asks why I didn't use my turn signal, I explained that the cop just wanted a reason to write me up and that he was bored (never mentioned the speeding). He saw that the ticket was for 4 in the morning and out in the country a few miles from my house, he ripped up the ticket and told me to stay out of trouble.

To date, it has been the only ticket I have ever gotten out of.

You are one seriously lucky MOFO. I don't know about your state but in Cali that cop could have put you in handcuffs on the spot.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:49 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
You are one seriously lucky MOFO. I don't know about your state but in Cali that cop could have put you in handcuffs on the spot.
I'm debating if I should tell y'all, involves a 2014 Camaro SS and a cop. I briefly mentioned it a few days ago.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:31 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Going that fast is a felony your really luck, the gods were generous on that day

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
DrSir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:46 PM   #10
Road Trip!

Region: New York

He was 16 i'm assuming in his state a driver that age is on a Jr. License. The cop could have (should have) hung him up by the balls. Hard to believe it.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:08 PM   #11
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
I see that this thread may turn into the wrong direction so I will say this one time only....

There is absolutely no street race talk allowed on Mustang Evolution, so if that happens to me your funniest story then pick your 2nd funniest.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:06 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Quote:
I see that this thread may turn into the wrong direction so I will say this one time only....

There is absolutely no street race talk allowed on Mustang Evolution, so if that happens to me your funniest story then pick your 2nd funniest.

I don't think mine would be street racing, if this qualifies, I don't intend this as a racing post, happened Thursday, I was driving home, and a 2014 Camaro SS decides to turn onto the highway and fly by me at around 100+. I stupidly floor it, and he must have let off the throttle, because he was a good ways ahead, then I was gaining on him, and see an undercover charger coming up from behind me, then switch lanes and pull over the Camaro (before any real street racing actually happened) and no one was in front of me during that incident.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:52 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
This wasn't necessarily cause I was trying anything, but I was the cause of it.

I was driving home Monday night and happened to notice that one of the express tech's I work with was following me (for the past few miles). I was driving normally and not doing anything particularly drastic. At one point I gave it some gas in second to pass a car in order to set myself up to take my left turn to my house. Anytime I'm slowing down I tend to rev match and quite frankly it's become second nature. So I slow down for this turn and downshift into third and hit the brakes. The other guy continues on his way and I didn't think anything of it
Fast forward to today, one of the line techs came up to me and proceeded to tell me about what the express tech just told him. He said the kid came up and asked him "who that guy driving the black Mustang is". The line tech told him who I was and asked why. The express tech proceeds to tell him that he thought I "two - stepped at him" while he was trying to hit VTEC while passing me. The line tech busted up laughing and told him I just gave it a quick rev. Gave me good laugh today.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:48 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
My wife and I drove up and parked just in front of two Dodge Challengers and walked up to the door to a restaurant for dinner last night. A couple and their young son I’m guessing 6-7 years old. The couple says looks like its hot rod night. The little boy say’s I like all the nice Mustangs. I replied, Thanks ! I like how you think.
It was just fun to know the youngster identified with Mustang !
jh1hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:17 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Yes I was very lucky.

If this were to happen anywhere other than small town Indiana, I would have been royally F'd.

However, nearly everyone knows everyone and the cop did it as a favor for my parents. I also stopped and pulled over at least a minute before the officer caught up to me. He knew if I kept my foot in it, there was no way they could have caught me. Most of the officers are pretty decent here as long as drugs/alcohol isn't involved.

Not that it's any better but the road this happened on is an old state highway that has hardly any traffic on it and where this took place, there were only two turnoffs over 4 miles, so relatively speaking, rather safe with the exception of wildlife.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:33 PM   #16
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
Yes I was very lucky.

If this were to happen anywhere other than small town Indiana, I would have been royally F'd.

However, nearly everyone knows everyone and the cop did it as a favor for my parents. I also stopped and pulled over at least a minute before the officer caught up to me. He knew if I kept my foot in it, there was no way they could have caught me. Most of the officers are pretty decent here as long as drugs/alcohol isn't involved.

Not that it's any better but the road this happened on is an old state highway that has hardly any traffic on it and where this took place, there were only two turnoffs over 4 miles, so relatively speaking, rather safe with the exception of wildlife.

Sorry. Never safe unless on a close course.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:47 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
so this isn't exactly funny
My GF was over and said she was just going to take my car to go pick up the food.. sure.
Side note: I have an Auto and where it says P R N D 2 1 it just lights up green, The orange indicator fell off or something a while back )

She comes back and tells me... " I couldn't figure out what one was drive so I just put it all the way to the bottom. Did you know how much faster the car is if you just put it in one.. you should drive like that "

something along those lines! The place she went is about a 15 minute drive!! so I assume she drove it there in first and back
car seems fine thank god.
FullyAutomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:16 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Not really funny if your an animal lover but...

Ex wife and I were going out. We were on a really dead section of highway headed to another part of town and, as always, I was speeding. Got pulled over guy asked for stuff, gave it to him. On his way back to car a Camaro going the other direction on the two lane nailed a deer. The two got out of the Camaro and were fine. I looked in side mirror and cop never even got in car, slammed door headed back, gave me my stuff and said "Guess who is a lucky son of a B!=ch today?" I said, definitely not the deer? He laughed hard said Touche son. tipped his trooper hat. I said stay safe and smiled as I drove off.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:37 PM   #19
Road Trip!

Speaking of deer... When I was 19 I was late picking my mom up from work (3AM). I got no more than a mile down the road and a deer came running from the left (i never saw it) ran into the side of my dads DD plymouth. It scare the bejesus out of me. I pulled over got out to see if the deer was dead. Did not see it any where. So I go back to the car grab the door handle and that is when I noticed the deer got startled more than I did. It left a surprise on the side of the car that I just so happened to put my hand in. Needless to say my dad did not have anything in the car for me to clean my hand with so I used my t-shirt for deer TP. I do know one thing when a deer get the crap scared out of it. The droppings are not the little round pellets its quite messy.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:07 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Here's one from this weekend.

I was driving on Route 50 which is a lonnnnnng straight 6 laner on a 3 hour drive. My girlfriend is next to me. As I'm going along I pass by an on ramp and a red Focus is pulling onto the highway. We end up being neck and neck so I give it some gas to get out of the way. Could have braked and let him in front, but I decided to get in front instead. Well before I know it, it seems like he's still keeping pace as I accelerate. So I wondered, for a moment, how a Focus SE was keeping pace. So, still not trying to race mind you (just trying to get out of the way because the merge lane was ending), I pressed the pedal to the floor. And even then, for a couple seconds, it KEPT UP! I was baffled. Finally I pulled away just as the merge lane ended and he merged in behind me. I quickly decelerated since we were up there.

Then he, pretty furious at me, comes along side with his wildebeest of a girlfriend/wife sitting beside him and flips me off. But I wasn't paying attention to him, I was wondering what the hell he'd done to that focus. I have 3.31 gears and my car is no slouch during a WOT pull at highway speeds. I talked to him at a stop light a few miles down the road. The Focus, as it turned out, belonged to Hoonigan Racing.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:44 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
So I was driving going 55 in a 45 and just minding my own business with my Passport 9500ix radar detector, and I look outside my side mirror and see a '13 black GT going about 60 just cruising and passes me. We both stop at the light and look at eachother. He as well had a radar detector on his dash. Was pretty funny.
Laquisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:30 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Asia
I live in Japan and drive a 97 GT (lightly modified). The other day I was at a red light and this guy pulled up next to me with his K-car (800cc engine). He looked at me and started revving his engine which I found to be purely hilarious. I didn't return his revving games but when the light turned green I peeled the wheels just for show. This is where it gets funny. Another Japanese national who was driving a 2012 GT saw me. I pulled into a shopping mall parking lot and he chased me down to tell how cool my car was. I laughed as his 5.0 has a lot more power than mine. Just was shock to see another Mustang way over here.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:43 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

5 yrs ago. I waited my whole life to do this. Guy ever so lightly taps my bumper at a light. I opened my door, checked for no on-coming cars, fell out of my truck (smoking a cigarette too ).. The guy looks at our bumpers, then sees me laying in the street. All Butthurt and shocked to sh¡+ he says "Mannn.. you're a faker :-[ ". I waited a few seconds (still smoking my cigarette) then I got up, smiled and told him "No worries, I always wanted ti do that!!" My bumper was pushed in a bit. But MAN it was so worth telling him don"t worry about it. He was a big dude. While I was laying on the ground I thought "I hope this guy doesn't stomp on my head" Once in a lifetime gag

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion