Anyone had this happen.... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-05-2014, 05:35 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Missouri
Anyone had this happen....

Sitting at a stop light today, a guy a few cars back gets out and runs up to me just to say I have a beautiful car, and it's not the first time. Never once happened to me in my challenger. I know this has to happen to others on a regular basis.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

irishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:16 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Indiana
If someone jumped out and ran up behind me at a stop light that I didn't know, I would have a .45 ACP 1911 pointed straight at their nuts.

Through the door of course. I wouldn't wave the gun around like an idiot.

99 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 M6 - 6.676 @ 103 in 1/8, 10.512 @ 130.2 on street tires, H/C/I
93 Eagle Talon TSI AWD 5spd - Built 6 Bolt, 16G Evo3, HKS 272 Cams - under construction
94 Mustang GT - 5.0 bored and stroked to 347, Vortech V1 @ 10 PSI, Tremec TKO 600 - PIA
Ish416 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:33 PM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Tennessee
thats never happen to me before. nor have i ever seen it happen. i wish it did...
TorchRed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 11:11 PM   #4
Registered Member
Region: Idaho
Not that exactly, but I have had idiots hang out the side of a beater pickup and scream and yell at a stoplight how hot and awesome my car is. Only had the car for eight months but it is rare that someone does not make a nice comment each time it drive it. At a gas station a stoner finishes filling his tank, then walks over and says,"really love your car, man" then turns around and leaves. It is great to own a Mustang and amazes me how many people admire them. Really loving it!
2014 SGM GT Premium, 401A Equip Group, Comfort Package, Glass Top, Track Package, Roush Stage 2.
Ordered 6/28/13 / Built 8/23 / Roush Mods Complete 9/27 / Delivered to Dealer 10/8 / Picked up 10/18/13
My Mods: Tint / Moroso Oil Separator / GT Track Key / Boss Side Pipes / Wireless option QTP Cutouts / Diode Dynamics Sequencer
Second Mustang with a 34 yr gap.
shaneyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 11:14 PM   #5
ME Bloodhound
Region: California
I've had so many people in cars next to me talk to me or ask me to do something. Once it was to drift the corner, another was to burnout, another was to just accelerate, another just to rev...... Sometimes i don't even notice it anymore when people are trying to get my attention.

Faster than a speeding...............
2001 Bullitt being prepped for track duty
Corners > Straight line

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 12:13 AM   #6
Registered Member
Region: Indiana
He was color blind.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Ford Racing Sport Axle-Back Exhaust...Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 01:22 AM   #7
Registered Member
Region: California
I get a kick out of how people will gather around the Bullitt at an autocross, while it's on the grid with the hood opened, sitting there next to $80-$100k+ cars, to look at, basically, the intake manifold.
I'll never get tired of that...

My best story though...

I had just pulled up to my Mom's house and was getting out of the car when this 7 or 8 year old little boy drives up in his electric go-cart and says "I really like your Mustang".
"Thanks!" I replied. "I like your car also, that's pretty awesome!"
"Thank you!" He said.
And I swear, we both exchanged a look, knowing that the two of us had the coolest cars on the block that day...
And then he just drove off down the street.

I predict, that kid's first Mustang will be a pre-owned, 10 year old 2015 GT.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 11:47 PM   #8
Registered Member
Region: Texas
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
He was color blind.
Thanks, I just spit some Pepsi on my keyboard LOL.
BadCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:04 AM   #9
Road Trip!
Region: New York
I've never had someone come running up to my car. But, on a daily basis I get the typical... Nice car, your Mustang is bada$$, WOW, gorgeous car, i've even noticed people in early spring when it was cold out, roll their window down just to hear my exhaust.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1402401798.381998.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	558.2 KB
ID:	158971
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:17 AM   #10
Registered Member
Region: Florida
Never a run out at light but I get daily compliments, thumbs up, little kids pointing out to their parents and the ocassional "Rev it Up!". Best I ever had was a Bentley Continental GT murdered out roll up and roll window down to tell me loved the car. Offered to trade straight up, lmao... he declined but laughed and said he really did love it.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:12 PM   #11
Registered Member
Region: Texas
Never happened to me and if it did I would just hit on that pedal ha. What did happened and I got surprised by it; my middle school brother told me lots of students where talking about my mustang when they first saw it. The following day when I went to pick up my brother I noticed many pickup students were looking at my mustang and I knew what they were talking about

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die... The in between is mine." -Pearl Jam
Vic14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion