2015 challenger hellcat 707 hp - Page 10 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-29-2014, 03:50 PM   #316
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Will also be upgrading brakes and getting an aluminum DS at the same time

Bullitts are better than Bullets
What brake kit you going with?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2014, 04:01 PM   #317
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
True. But most of the people buying the hellcat will be for straight line performance vs handling.

As myself and our crew out here we are all into the dig/roll race scene.
Which includes everything you can think about from 300hp turbo hatch ' s to 900+ hp vettes.

I just do not see the hellcat going for the handling group of people.

You're right. Along with the CTS-V, and others, the Hellcat is way to heavy to compete with much lower hp cars in any kind of technical driving competition.
The Hellcat will be an excuse for upper middle class men to buy a performance car and still be able to justify the purchase to their wives by saying "Look Honey... four doors!"
Lol.
I can remember, in the late eighties, the Yamaha engined Taurus SHO was the fastest four door production car.

Man, we sure have come a long ways...
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:13 PM   #318
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
I don't know why it took me so long to read about the 2015 Z/28... but goddamn. That is a beast. The Hellcat needs a Z/28-esque diet. I like how the Z/28 has a one speaker stereo system to save weight. But it pays off with a 7:37 Nurburgring time. That track is a world testing standard for vehicle performance... I wonder why Dodge didn't take the Hellcat over there for a lap or two.
For the same reason Ford never released a time for the 13/14 GT500.

It's a one trick pony. These cars were designed for outright speed and acceleration. Not lateral G and skid pad numbers.

Hell, the GT500 couldn't make a single lap around the 'ring before it's brakes completely stopped working. The GT500 that did make it around had aftermarket track compound brake pads (I also think it had aftermarket tires but I'm not sure) and still got smoked by the heavier, less powerful Z/28.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2014, 04:22 PM   #319
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
I think it makes more sense to put these uber-engines in 4-door sedans than it does in these gigantic coupes. At least, with a sedan, you automatically nerf your expectations of performance... after all, it's a sedan, there's carseats in the back, for crying out loud. But when you hear about a coupe offering 700+hp, you expect more, or at least I do. The CTS-V performs like a champ, for a 4000# sedan. And its performance is not limited to straight lines, either. I could be wrong, god knows I have been wrong before, but shouldn't a car with two doors be smaller than a car with four?
DavidBoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:07 PM   #320
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
I think it makes more sense to put these uber-engines in 4-door sedans than it does in these gigantic coupes. At least, with a sedan, you automatically nerf your expectations of performance... after all, it's a sedan, there's carseats in the back, for crying out loud. But when you hear about a coupe offering 700+hp, you expect more, or at least I do. The CTS-V performs like a champ, for a 4000# sedan. And its performance is not limited to straight lines, either. I could be wrong, god knows I have been wrong before, but shouldn't a car with two doors be smaller than a car with four?

Yes normally a two door car should be smaller than a car with four , but the hell cat is not a normal two door coupe by any stretch of the imagination , for straight line performance it's a beast but motor trend only got a 12 .00 in there first test a a far cry from there 11.3 they advertised.

Direct competition is the Shelby gt500 same thing it's not the best
for the track , has brakes that overheat easy and of course a solid rear axle and very similar 0 to 60 and 1/4 mile times.
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:35 PM   #321
Registered Member
Regular

And I meant that Charger with the Hellcat engine.
But all of these high powered luxury coupes and sedans kind of remind me of the mid-sixties Buick Riviera's, big engine, heavy, powerful, luxurious and EXPENSIVE!... A gentlemen's hot rod. And just like then, these cars are really aimed at the above-average income folks.
I think that it's good that the automakers believe that the economy is healthy enough to warrant building these cars that are targeted at a, relatively, small market.
Old 07-29-2014, 05:46 PM   #322
Registered Member
Regular

The new 2016 SVT on the other hand is a totally different animal that can tear up any windy mountain road or track , light weight so it must be quick in the 1/4 mile and 0 to 60 as well , and of course SUPERCHARGED . Look at the big bulge on the hood of that Mustang an indicator of a twin roots BLOWER hiding beneath .

2016 Ford Mustang GT 350 testing on the NŘrburgring

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

The new 2016 SVT on the other hand is a totally different animal that can tear up any windy mountain road or track , light weight so it must be quick in the 1/4 mile and 0 to 60 as well , and of course SUPERCHARGED . Look at the big bulge on the hood of that Mustang an indicator of a twin roots BLOWER hiding beneath .

2016 Ford Mustang GT 350 testing on the NŘrburgring
Old 07-29-2014, 05:47 PM   #323
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post

2016 Ford Mustang GT 350 testing on the N´┐Żrburgring

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

2016 Ford Mustang GT 350 testing on the N´┐Żrburgring
Pretty sure it going to be NA not supercharged. As they have said countless times

Old 07-29-2014, 05:50 PM   #324
Registered Member
Regular

opps double post , so Rapinator you figure it will just have a 5.0 under the hood ??? It is after all a SVT Mustang in other words top of the line.
Old 07-29-2014, 05:51 PM   #325
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
opps double post , so Rapinator you figure it will just have a 5.0 under the hood ???
It is after all a SVT Mustang in other words top of the line.
No they said it will be bigger than the 5.0 and smaller than the 5.8 but it will be NA.

Old 07-29-2014, 05:53 PM   #326
Registered Member
Regular

The new supercharged maybe turbo SVT will be out later on as there is rumors of it being a "cobra" again. The 350 is not the big dog

Old 07-29-2014, 05:59 PM   #327
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
opps double post , so Rapinator you figure it will just have a 5.0 under the hood ??? It is after all a SVT Mustang in other words top of the line.
This is probably going to be a 5.2L engine. They have said this SVT version will be NA.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:21 PM   #328
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
The only actual coupe sized coupe I can think of is, sadly, the STI WRX Type-R. It weighs 2900#, with AWD and a turbo... oh, and it's not gigantic. I don't even like Subarus, but I would love to see a new fox body or Firebird in that size/weight class. Anything noticeably under 3500#, and not immediately comparable in length to a sedan. Yes, I know that the Type-R is the same length as the WRX sedan, but that's still 20" shorter than the Camaro coupe.

Another quick note, while I am talking about import coupes, the RWD Corolla is 2000# with a pathetic 1.6L 4cyl. Funny thing is, the Lexus 1uz 250hp 4.0L V8 only weighs ~80# than the original 4cyl. And I know it fits in that car (even with a supercharger strapped to it). So, supercharged V8 coupe, under 3000#... please. For the love of god, please. Even if it is under 3500# with modern safety/emissions equipment, I would still be happy. Just please have it less than 170" total length. That's 14 feet long. Still has the stupid back seat to justify it being in the coupe class.

Link/Picture:
JDMEURO.com JDM Wheels and Trends Archive ┬╗ ┬╗ Supercharged 1UZ Flared KE30 Toyota Corolla
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Supercharged_KE30_Toyota_Corolla_02.jpg
Views:	619
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	162484  
DavidBoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:54 PM   #329
Registered Member
Regular

The words from a Ford rep confirming 750 HP for the 2016 SVT.

Rumor Mill: Ford Will Unleash 750 Horsepower In 2016 SVT Mustang[COLOR="Silver"]
Old 07-29-2014, 07:24 PM   #330
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Rumor Mill: Ford Will Unleash 750 Horsepower In 2016 SVT Mustang[COLOR="Silver"]
Yes not the GT350 though.

Old 07-29-2014, 07:25 PM   #331
Registered Member
Regular

They have already came out countless times and said the 350 is going to be NA

Old 07-29-2014, 08:45 PM   #332
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
What brake kit you going with?

Right now I'm keeping the stock (Cobra) brakes but upgrading the pads, lines, rotors, and fluid. After I do an SLA front conversion I'll do a full big brake kit. 14" 6 Piston all around.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:48 PM   #333
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
Would you please stop claiming the Hellcat is a $70-80k ride ... The MSRP starts at $59,995. Assuming you can get one at that price...

The Shelby starts at $55,110.

For the price difference the Shelby could be modded to be a bit faster. However, the Challenger will always ride better, have more room, have a nicer interior, look better to most people and likely have a much higher resale value.
But the Challenger Hell Cat is now a Fiat and still a piece of crap. Ha ha ha ha.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:50 PM   #334
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:

Oh this is exciting

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
badsheep5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:57 PM   #335
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Right now I'm keeping the stock (Cobra) brakes but upgrading the pads, lines, rotors, and fluid. After I do an SLA front conversion I'll do a full big brake kit. 14" 6 Piston all around.

Agent47 or Griggs? Everything I hear says A47 is superior but Bruce Griggs' 98 Cobra beats Ferraris around road courses so w/e.

I gave up on a handling Mustang after seeing the SLA prices lol.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:14 PM   #336
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Agent47 or Griggs? Everything I hear says A47 is superior but Bruce Griggs' 98 Cobra beats Ferraris around road courses so w/e.

I gave up on a handling Mustang after seeing the SLA prices lol.

Lol yea I figured I want to keep this car forever so I'll just dump money into it. I have been comparing both lately. I like the A47 but like you said Bruce Griggs stuff is always legit. It's not like the car is going to be a 100% track car.

HID end all thread
Old 07-29-2014, 09:39 PM   #337
Staff
Regular
Staff

I thought the same thing about keeping the car forever but I dunno. This one is going to get the straight line treatment but I really do want a Coyote. I always thought I would end up in a Terminator one day but the Coyote is just too much car wheras the Termi is pretty much a nucking futs motor thrown into a slightly upgraded GT.

But if you really truly do intend to stay in the Bullitt for a good long time, there are ppl daily driving the A47 SLA front setup with no issues reported yet. It is a beefy setup. Although for handling I may have done a built IRS over the SRA. No matter how good the SRA is setup, you go over a burm with one wheel and the whole SRA hops. This does not happen with the IRS. I mean the IRS literally IS a SLA setup out back, it just has ****ty bushings which can be replaced easily enough.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:50 PM   #338
Registered Member
Regular

Do it! I gassed over a cobra for years too. I just felt that, in the end, you didn't get all that much other than a mind blowing drive train and engine! I still rubberneck hard when I see one , but I'm much happier in my coyote than I would've been keeping my new edge or getting a cobra! They'll be coming down in price pretty hard soon. It's gonna get hard to resist!

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:51 PM   #339
Registered Member
Regular

That A47 piece looks nice but very pricey.
Griggs Racing is local to us so I'd go over there and talk to them and see if you can drive a car that has their front end installed.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:02 PM   #340
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post
Do it! I gassed over a cobra for years too. I just felt that, in the end, you didn't get all that much other than a mind blowing drive train and engine! I still rubberneck hard when I see one , but I'm much happier in my coyote than I would've been keeping my new edge or getting a cobra! They'll be coming down in price pretty hard soon. It's gonna get hard to resist!

I'm not so sure the 2011-2014 is going to tank in price or come down much at all really. Coyote with the SRA setup that weighs less and looks better (to most ppl I've talked to).

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
That A47 piece looks nice but very pricey.
Griggs Racing is local to us so I'd go over there and talk to them and see if you can drive a car that has their front end installed.
Def try that if they let you.

Old 07-29-2014, 10:10 PM   #341
Registered Member
Regular

I got mine for close to 10k off retail. I don't have a hard time believing they may come down a bit. This was just 6 months before the 2015 was unveiled. Historically, sales of an older platform always slow down when they compete with the newer version. Anyways, nows a good time to shop for a new 14'.

Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:06 PM   #342
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes not the GT350 though.

Your right the GT350 will be N/A with maybe 500 hp BUT the SVT / COBRA GT500 will make a come back with 750 Hp , the FAT CAT will not have a chance in hell since the hood is raised a 5.8 could fit in there with a blower upgrade it would not be hard to go from 662 hp to 750 . The NEW KING of the hill is coming.
Old 07-30-2014, 12:46 AM   #343
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
I thought the same thing about keeping the car forever but I dunno. This one is going to get the straight line treatment but I really do want a Coyote. I always thought I would end up in a Terminator one day but the Coyote is just too much car wheras the Termi is pretty much a nucking futs motor thrown into a slightly upgraded GT.

But if you really truly do intend to stay in the Bullitt for a good long time, there are ppl daily driving the A47 SLA front setup with no issues reported yet. It is a beefy setup. Although for handling I may have done a built IRS over the SRA. No matter how good the SRA is setup, you go over a burm with one wheel and the whole SRA hops. This does not happen with the IRS. I mean the IRS literally IS a SLA setup out back, it just has ****ty bushings which can be replaced easily enough.

Yea it just has a lot of centimental value being that it's my first car and that it's also a Bullitt edition, i never see other Bullitts on the road so it's definitely something I want to keep. Probably will do a built SRA 31 spline with a Torsen diff, also with Watts link and torque arm (the whole shebang), then see where I am and if the IRS is worth it.

HID end all thread
Old 07-30-2014, 06:34 AM   #344
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:

Your right the GT350 will be N/A with maybe 500 hp BUT the SVT / COBRA GT500 will make a come back with 750 Hp , the FAT CAT will not have a chance in hell since the hood is raised a 5.8 could fit in there with a blower upgrade it would not be hard to go from 662 hp to 750 . The NEW KING of the hill is coming.
It'll still have a hard time beating a automatic Hellcat in the 1/4. Torque multiplication and all...

Fact of the matter is, we will need actual data and actual times and there is more to a 1/4 run than horsepower numbers. As witnessed by countless dyno queens that get their asses handed to them by cars making far less rhwp.

So we'll have to wait and see. The Hellcat is also a million times better LOOKING than anything else coming out.

Old 07-30-2014, 07:53 AM   #345
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It'll still have a hard time beating a automatic Hellcat in the 1/4. Torque multiplication and all...

Fact of the matter is, we will need actual data and actual times and there is more to a 1/4 run than horsepower numbers. As witnessed by countless dyno queens that get their asses handed to them by cars making far less rhwp.

So we'll have to wait and see. The Hellcat is also a million times better LOOKING than anything else coming out.

The FAT CAT does look good I give you that but let's get realistic it's just a straight line shooter.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:16 AM   #346
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:

The FAT CAT does look good I give you that but let's get realistic it's just a straight line shooter.
Yes it is, does not pretend to be anything else and there is nothing wrong with that. You can have a car that is really good at straight line, really good at corners or average doing both. I'll take straight line any day especially on the roads around here. Having a handling car is just about useless unless you are going to a legit road racing track. Straight line on the other hand...

Old 07-30-2014, 09:39 AM   #347
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes it is, does not pretend to be anything else and there is nothing wrong with that. You can have a car that is really good at straight line, really good at corners or average doing both. I'll take straight line any day especially on the roads around here. Having a handling car is just about useless unless you are going to a legit road racing track. Straight line on the other hand...
Yeah if you just want to use it as a DD it would be cool, depends what you want to do with it . If your not into track racing it would be fine still I can't get over that extreme obesity lol... the next incarnation of the Shelby gt500 if that's what they will call it , on the other hand would be / will be good at everything , so the owner would have a much better all around muscle car in my humble opinion , a twisty mountain road on the weekends would be a blast with IRS and lighter weight. Price range would be very similar .
Old 07-30-2014, 10:09 AM   #348
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:

Straight lines can be fun but I would rather have a car average at both at least in the northwest very few roads are 100% straight if you google map german town road in Oregon. That is a good example of how Windee the road here can get

badsheep5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:33 AM   #349
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:

You should see the roads near my school. A car with power is pretty much useless since it's all curvy roads.

HID end all thread
Old 07-30-2014, 10:37 AM   #350
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsheep5.0 View Post
Straight lines can be fun but I would rather have a car average at both at least in the northwest very few roads are 100% straight if you google map german town road in Oregon. That is a good example of how Windee the road here can get

The 2016 GT350 would be a good choice then cheaper than the FAT CAT
and of course the future gt 500 , lighter than both N/A , great for rough
roads and corners , look at the video of the Nurburgring ring , it just
eats it up . Power is not everything , power to weight is better , putting
the power to the ground properly is even better with IRS you can go fast
around a bumpy corner , not so easy to do without and it provides a smoother
ride all around of course so a step in the right direction for Ford no doubt.

But for the hard core 1/4 milers solid axle is still better / lighter / stronger.
Maybe Ford will offer both options for the S550 ?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion