2015 challenger hellcat 707 hp - Page 16 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-13-2014, 08:27 PM   #526
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
This pig crap is really pissing me off.
I'm with you. To be fair, the person who originally used the term, the same person I was responding to, hasn't been back to defend his comment.

However, I do find it somewhat comical that he used the term "pigs" negatively while he simultaneously drives around with a 'Thin Blue Line' decal on his rear window.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	user36459_pic33301_1384141226.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	163433  
Hack14GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2014, 08:28 PM   #527
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Isn't the Charger currently the only rear wheel drive, four door sedan choice that Police departments have... Realistically?
I believe so, at least in this part of the country.
Hack14GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:37 PM   #528
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Seriously grow up dudes. This is about the challenger and charger. Cut the **** about the police officers.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2014, 08:44 PM   #529
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Seriously grow up dudes. This is about the challenger and charger. Cut the **** about the police officers.

I wish I was as mature as you.

I wonder if the charger will be faster than the challenger...
clflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:45 PM   #530
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by clflorida View Post
I wish I was as mature as you.

I wonder if the charger will be faster than the challenger...
That will be interesting. I think it may, with AWD.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:46 PM   #531
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
It will be, 4 doors dragging the challengers ***.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:52 PM   #532
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Charger Hellcat won't have the AWD option.

HID end all thread
Old 08-13-2014, 08:53 PM   #533
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Charger Hellcat won't have the AWD option.

That sucks
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:54 PM   #534
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
The chargers usually weigh less than the challengers- I was reading an article about the charger being speculated to be a bit faster because of it. I thought the Caprice was a FR, but maybe not.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:59 PM   #535
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
That will be interesting. I think it may, with AWD.
That would probably add several hundred pounds to the weight though.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:06 PM   #536
ME Bloodhound
Staff

2015 challenger hellcat 707 hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
The chargers usually weigh less than the challengers- I was reading an article about the charger being speculated to be a bit faster because of it. I thought the Caprice was a FR, but maybe not.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

It's claimed to be 100 pounds heavier than the challenger at 45xx pounds

HID end all thread
Old 08-13-2014, 09:15 PM   #537
Registered Member
Regular

Found it: http://www.torquenews.com/106/dodge-...lenger-hellcat

"A 2015/2016 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Super Bee design could weigh around 140lbs less than the comparable 707hp Challenger…which could allow the big sedan to outrun the brawny Mopar muscle coupe."

Agreed looking at the basic charger, but I would think it rather foolish to not use the best they can. I would guess it a poor decision to make the sedan more aerodynamic AND weigh less- pulling sales from the challenger for the people who just want to be the fastest.

I believe the charger has a faster quarter mile by .2, and them not releasing the trap speed (and having a 5 mph faster top speed) leads me to believe the charger will be faster.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 08-14-2014, 09:53 AM   #538
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
I would imagine that AWD would allow better use of all that twin screw torque and would prove to be worth the addition weight... especially if there is a Super Bee that is already missing a couple pounds.
DavidBoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:11 AM   #539
Registered Member
Regular

I thought they weren't offering all wheel drive on it.

Old 08-14-2014, 10:27 AM   #540
Registered Member
Regular

As far as I know, they aren't.

I was just saying how I think it would be beneficial to do so.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:10 AM   #541
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That would be a LOT of adapting.
That's a big difference my friend...
Especially in wet conditions.
I would pay for a ticket and popcorn to watch you run cops in your mustang against them with even 290hp cars.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:25 AM   #542
Registered Member
Regular

Experience is hard to beat, no matter what. Cops don't just have training, they have real life experience. Most high speed chases end with the cops arresting who they are chasing. Why? Because they know what they are doing. You can have a faster car, but if you don't have faster reflexes, and not just reaction time, but making the correct reactions in time, then you aren't going to beat them. And, if by some slim chance, you actually are a better driver than the cops chasing you, you can't outrun a radio... there's more of them than there are you.

To say that a driver trained in high speed pursuit tactics cannot handle a 700hp car, yet to imply that you can had better be a joke.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:46 AM   #543
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
Experience is hard to beat, no matter what. Cops don't just have training, they have real life experience. Most high speed chases end with the cops arresting who they are chasing. Why? Because they know what they are doing. You can have a faster car, but if you don't have faster reflexes, and not just reaction time, but making the correct reactions in time, then you aren't going to beat them. And, if by some slim chance, you actually are a better driver than the cops chasing you, you can't outrun a radio... there's more of them than there are you.

To say that a driver trained in high speed pursuit tactics cannot handle a 700hp car, yet to imply that you can had better be a joke.
That's why I said I would pay admissions and popcorn to watch him try and run from the cops lol
Old 08-14-2014, 12:29 PM   #544
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
I would pay for a ticket and popcorn to watch you run cops in your mustang against them with even 290hp cars.
Set it up Dallas and I'll show you!
I dont like to blow my own horn but I AM a 1 percenter. Ive been driving for longer than most of you have been alive and I'm very confident that I'm a MUCH faster driver than most "trained" police officers out there. I will go so far as to say that I'm better than the guys that are doing the training at the academies.
If any of you don't believe me, come on out to CA, bring the best car that you can afford, and have a go at me and my 275 hp Bullitt on an autocross track. I'll even use street tires to make it fair.

You guy's have seen too many episodes of Cops.

I've outrun both Cop and radio in my day, so the Motorola argument wont work either.

I'm not sure why I got singled out here but if you guy's want some, I'm happy to give it out...
Old 08-14-2014, 12:41 PM   #545
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
If any of you don't believe me, come on out to CA, bring the best car that you can afford, and have a go at me and my 275 hp Bullitt on an autocross track. I'll even use street tires to make it fair.

Challenge accepted!

HID end all thread
Old 08-14-2014, 12:51 PM   #546
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
I'll put Benjamins on this. Start it off on I-5..North or southbound, yer choice.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 01:43 PM   #547
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Challenge accepted!

I thought that we were already in an ongoing battle.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:11 PM   #548
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall View Post
I'll put Benjamins on this. Start it off on I-5..North or southbound, yer choice.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Lol.
I-5 would be just giving the win to the cops.
Surface streets and creating confusion is the only way to pull it off. If you can't get out of the officers sight within 3 minutes, the chances of success are very slim.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:19 PM   #549
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Set it up Dallas and I'll show you!
I dont like to blow my own horn but I AM a 1 percenter. Ive been driving for longer than most of you have been alive and I'm very confident that I'm a MUCH faster driver than most "trained" police officers out there. I will go so far as to say that I'm better than the guys that are doing the training at the academies.

You guy's have seen too many episodes of Cops.

I've outrun both Cop and radio in my day, so the Motorola argument wont work either.

I'm not sure why I got singled out here but if you guy's want some, I'm happy to give it out...
Its not that we're trying to single you out its just the fact that people have an inadvertent effect on others. That's why kids nowadays start mimicking people on videos and shows like rapping your order at McDonalds or tying a firework rocket to their penises and shooting like Johnny Knoxville.

You think its cool by knocking down cops and acting like its a big nothing that you can or would outrun the law and that you've outrun cops and radio before.

Impressionable teens on this forum may one day be in a situation where they think its cool or possible to outrun the law. Sorry but kids are kids and do as they see and read nowadays.

So yeah outlaw. Keep it up but there's a reason why even posting about street racing on this forum is against the rules let alone condoning and promoting both racing and eluding the law like you.

I say put your money where your mouth is and film yourself outrunning the fuzz and post it for all to see.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:22 PM   #550
ME Bloodhound
Staff

2015 challenger hellcat 707 hp

If you guys knew StragBullitt in person you would understand why I find all this funny.

But seriously........ Cut it out guys

HID end all thread
Old 08-14-2014, 03:41 PM   #551
Registered Member
Regular

You are right Dallas. l don't recommend trying to run from the police. Under most circumstances, as someone put it in another thread, its a recipe for getting your car pitted into a guardrail and being pulled out at gunpoint.
Some of you guys think that it's impossible to do and I'm just saying that it IS possible.

I'm confused though, at how we got here from my comment about how driving a sub 300hp car is much different than driving a 700+hp car. Anyone that has ever driven a vehicle with 500+ ftlbs of torque, in the rain, knows exactly what I'm talking about.
When the CHP was using Fox Mustangs in the 80's, all of the officers who were going to be issued those little "speed demons" had to recieve additional training to be able to handle the 200 hp beasts. Along with many other states that used the Foxes, wet conditions were a major concern.
This is really a moot point because, with the exception of Dubai, and a few other wealthy places, the great majority of "pursuit" Chargers are going to be powered by 6 cylinder engines.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:03 PM   #552
Registered Member
Regular

If your stupid enough to, you have to get out of site ASAP. Best bet would be take the nearest exit, make a few turns quickly, and pray he didn't get your plates.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:08 PM   #553
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If your stupid enough to, you have to get out of site ASAP. Best bet would be take the nearest exit, make a few turns quickly, and pray he didn't get your plates.

I think they have cameras on their front dash. It wouldnt be hard to find a mustang, let alone a Bullitt.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:11 PM   #554
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry Bucko and Soccerluvr dont ban me, Ill get the thread back on topic.

2015 Charger and Challenger will be fast. Hellcat will be faster.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:20 PM   #555
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I think they have cameras on their front dash. It wouldnt be hard to find a mustang, let alone a Bullitt.
Yeah. It's practically luck if you do outrun them.

99% of the time, you will not, and obviously, whatever they were going to pull you for, just became a lot more.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:21 PM   #556
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's fine.
They can arrest my Bullitt and write it a ticket for whatever offense that it committed.

I had that happen once and did have a chat with the officer that was chasing me, once they tracked down the address.
It seems that, unless you are foolish enough to admit that you were driving the car at the time, they need to physically see you behind the wheel to be able to prove who the driver was.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:22 PM   #557
Registered Member
Regular

Evading is a felony. At least in tx, plus all the other traffic laws your breaking.
So hopefully no kids reading this are stupid enough to try it.

Old 08-14-2014, 04:26 PM   #558
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Evading is a felony. At least in tx, plus all the other traffic laws your breaking.
So hopefully no kids reading this are stupid enough to try it.

Fairly certain that's a felony every where.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:30 PM   #559
Registered Member
Regular

It's a felony in California.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:47 PM   #560
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Fairly certain that's a felony every where.
Never checked. Never ran so......... lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion