2015 challenger hellcat 707 hp - Page 18 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-17-2014, 01:57 PM   #596
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by clflorida View Post
He meant either you dont believe or youre stupid.
Yes and for Christians believing in Jesus is either you believe and goto heaven or don't/doubt and goto hell lol
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2014, 02:21 PM   #597
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Rhode Island
Are we seriously talking about Jesus and heaven right now? Come back to reality people.
Hack14GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 04:40 PM   #598
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Ford is working on a 10 speed auto. Idk about the carbon fiber, would be great, but I think it would drive the mustang out of its expected price point and more into Corvette territory
Ford and GM together. I thought they wanted to put it in most of their vehicles, for both companies.

And I agree a base 6 shouldn't have carbon fiber, to keep their price point- but note that this was the "blah blah blah ford hell-musca-tang whatever" model. Thinking in real life, carbon fiber would be an appropriate component for the Shelby/SVT Mustang.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2014, 05:26 PM   #599
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
For the SVT Mustang, yes, and maybe fir any SE's, but for the ecoboost, v6, and gt, no.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 05:29 PM   #600
Registered Member
Regular

Agreed. Remember this one was supposed to be the hellcat equivalent. So imagine a special edition high powered GT500 from Ford.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 08-17-2014, 05:31 PM   #601
Registered Member
Regular

Frick. Give me that in the RTR 2015 body, and I'd buy it in a heartbeat, assuming I had the money
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:52 AM   #602
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
And the advantage of infusing already expensive carbon fiber body panels with experimental atomized aluminum is...?

And, I may be wrong here, but I think that carbon fiber body panels would make the most sense on the ecoboost. You would have the lightest Mustang in 50 years.

No amount of carbon fiber is going to get the V8 under 3,000# without cutting out all the emissions and safety crap that we already talked about adding so much weight to modern cars. But a 300hp/3000lb carbon fiber bodied ecoboost 'stang could really tear up the track, and would have a way better power to weight ratio than the Hellcat (given that this is a Hellcat discussion, I figured the comparison is pertinent).
DavidBoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:45 PM   #603
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Hey aren't the Royals still in 1st place

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 04:33 PM   #604
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack14GT View Post
Are we seriously talking about Jesus and heaven right now? Come back to reality people.
Will I get arrested if I refuse? Lol
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 04:34 PM   #605
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall View Post
Hey aren't the Royals still in 1st place

And we'll never be...
clflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:16 AM   #606
Registered Member
Regular

Just read about the metal matrix carbon fiber... and for anyone who is not a chemist/scientist, all this means is EXPENSIVE!

EXAMPLE 1
Formation of an Aluminum Metal Matrix Composite Having A Reduced Coefficient of Thermal Expansion. An aluminum metal matrix composite was prepared by liquid metal pressure infiltration of carbon nanotube-infused carbon fibers. The carbon fibers were Grafil, Inc. (Sacramento, Calif.) 34-700, 12 k filaments infused with carbon nanotubes having an average length of 55 μm prepared by the continuous infusion process described above. The metal matrix composite was prepared in a pressure sealed chamber containing a heated infiltration vessel with a mold placed at the bottom. The carbon nanotube-infused carbon fibers were placed in a unidirectional array at the bottom of the mold to prepare test tiles. An aluminum source was placed on top of the carbon nanotube-infused carbon fibers in the mold. The aluminum source was an aluminum alloy Al 413 having a composition of Al12Si2FeCu0.5Ni0.5Zn0.35Mn. A vacuum was applied to the chamber and the infiltration vessel was heated to 675° C. to melt the aluminum alloy atop of the carbon nanotube-infused carbon fibers. With the aluminum alloy melted, a pressure of 1500 psi supplied via nitrogen gas was used to infiltrate the aluminum alloy into the carbon nanotube-infused carbon fibers to form 6.75″×3.0″×0.55″ test tiles. The resulting carbon nanotube-infused fiber material aluminum alloy composite had an average coefficient of thermal expansion from 35-100° C. of 18.64 ppm/° C. through-thickness and 7.57 ppm/° C. in-plane. FIG. 4 shows an illustrative SEM image of the carbon nanotube-infused fiber material aluminum alloy composite. As noted above, the method can be modified by inclusion of silicon with the aluminum metal matrix to form silicon carbide at the interface between the carbon nanotube-infused fiber material and the metal matrix, thereby preventing unwanted interactions between carbon and aluminum.

Source: Patent US20120164429 - Metal matrix composite materials containing carbon nanotube-infused fiber ... - Google Patents
Old 08-19-2014, 06:38 PM   #607
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
The Hellcat (this one is an automatic) has been on the K&N dyno and put down 635 rwhp and 591 lb-ft.

"Other interesting tidbits about dynoing the Challenger: The Hellcat is the fastest thing K&N had ever strapped to its dyno. The speedo stopped reading at 202 mph, but the car kept accelerating to above 225 mph when it over-sped the dyno."

Dyno-Mighty Challenger SRT Hellcat, Camaro ZL1 Hit The Rollers - Motor Trend

For comparison, the 13 GT500 put down 583 rwhp and 582 lb-ft on the same dyno. It also only was able to hit 211 mph on the dyno.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...0/viewall.html
Old 08-20-2014, 09:23 AM   #608
Registered Member
Regular

That article states that the advertised 707hp is actually conservative. Combined with how most factory tunes leave some power on the table, do you think that you could get that 700+ advertised crank horsepower to the wheels with just a tune?

And how much weight do you realistically think the Hellcat could lose? Obviously, without the aftermarket support, your options are pretty much limited to removing from what is there, probably can't find lighter tube A-arms and subframes.

If you have money for a Hellcat, what's another couple grand for a carbon fiber hood/trunk and some lightweight race seats? But shaving any weight from that beast, in combination with a decent aero package, would make for a terrifying Texas Mile car.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:14 AM   #609
Registered Member
Regular

A LOT could be pulled. Air bags and the whole second row would take out quite a bit. Keep in mind these seat five, so there should be considerably more back there.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:04 AM   #610
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Doing a little bit of reading on the LX forums, it looks like it's fairly easy to drop a few hundred pounds of weight without spending hardly any money and still having a nice interior.

I also think the Hellcat will have a good bit of power left on the table from the factory tune.

I would imagine another 50-100 rwhp will be extremely easy to get. Then a pulley swap and another 50+rwhp should be easily achievable.

The biggest issue will be how long will it take for tuners to crack the ECU.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:34 PM   #611
Registered Member
Regular

That kind of power seems like a lot, but A I don't know much in detail regarding what you are talking about, and B it usually goes by percent. So 50 HP from my 3.7 would be 16%, while 50 from the hell cat would only be like 7% lol. If I had a challenger (that I had to keep) I would tear out everything behind the rear seats. Down to the metal, and fiberglass over sharp bits.

Old 08-20-2014, 01:57 PM   #612
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
That article states that the advertised 707hp is actually conservative. Combined with how most factory tunes leave some power on the table, do you think that you could get that 700+ advertised crank horsepower to the wheels with just a tune?
I think it's possible. I've witnessed a new GT500 put down over 700 with a pulley and tune only.

"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 03:58 PM   #613
Registered Member
Regular

The hellcat will easily put down 700+ with a tune and a pulley with e85.

Just it always takes tuners longer to break dodges computer software.

When the 392's came out it tool awhile

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:15 AM   #614
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall View Post
I think it's possible. I've witnessed a new GT500 put down over 700 with a pulley and tune only.

Probably wasn't even running E85 , the 5.8 L Shelby has much potential . And can easily run in the 10's with a pulley and tune.
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 03:17 PM   #615
Registered Member
Regular

The Hellcat looks good in black:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dodge-Challenger-Tuning-Custom-Muscle-Cars-Hot-Rod-Image-Gallery.jpg
Views:	6251
Size:	957.3 KB
ID:	164080  
Old 08-22-2014, 03:51 PM   #616
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
The Hellcat looks good in black:

Indeed it does my good sir

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
badsheep5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 06:03 PM   #617
Registered Member
Regular

That's how it comes from the factory?

Old 08-24-2014, 06:13 PM   #618
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland

Sent from my naked Johnson. The third real non Boss 227
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1408922009133.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	164278  
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 02:56 PM   #619
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Old 08-26-2014, 10:15 AM   #620
Registered Member
Regular

That picture is cute. Given that the Hellcat actually exists. Anyone can speculate about mythical 750hp Mustangs, and unicorns, and Jesus, and Spiderman... but until it's proven to be real, it's just clouds in your coffee.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:18 AM   #621
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That picture is cute. Given that the Hellcat actually exists. Anyone can speculate about mythical 750hp Mustangs, and unicorns, and Jesus, and Spiderman... but until it's proven to be real, it's just clouds in your coffee.

Bro nobody really gives a ***** about a Hellcat ... Lol

Black 2008 GT "to punish and enslave" edition
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:34 AM   #622
Registered Member
Regular

I'm not a big Chrysler fan. I think that they did well with the reintroduction of the Challenger. Followed all the right body lines and styling ques from the 1970's version. Other than that, I don't really care about it, either. But they did put out a wonderful example of the nodern muscle car with the release of the Hellcat. The engineering is impressive, with things like the twin screw supercharger instead of the more conventional roots/tvs blower. And it just so happens to be the most powerful production car America has ever produced. That is neat and deserves a lot more respect than any non-existent Mustang with 750hp.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:56 AM   #623
Registered Member
Regular

2015 challenger hellcat 707 hp

"Well said sir" and my apologies if my comment came off rude, but the muscle car war is in full effect the line is in the sand and time to choose your side ... Haha I'm a big time Mustang enthusiasts so for me this thread ignites a mild distain "like a true rivalry should". There is entirely too many double agents on here, though I've seen a few pictures of it and it's beautifully designed ride no lie but I can't speak for everyone but I love Mustangs and personally prefer to drive nothing else. I doubt I will ever have the coin "legally" to purchase either one of these mechanical behemoths lol but I'm content with cruising in my GT "one finger salute" to all challengers, camaro's, chargers, corvettes and European exotics

Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:09 PM   #624
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black8thElement View Post
"Well said sir" and my apologies if my comment came off rude, but the muscle car war is in full effect the line is in the sand and time to choose your side ... Haha I'm a big time Mustang enthusiasts so for me this thread ignites a mild distain "like a true rivalry should". There is entirely too many double agents on here, though I've seen a few pictures of it and it's beautifully designed ride no lie but I can't speak for everyone but I love Mustangs and personally prefer to drive nothing else. I doubt I will ever have the coin "legally" to purchase either one of these mechanical behemoths lol but I'm content with cruising in my GT "one finger salute" to all challengers, camaro's, chargers, corvettes and European exotics

That is exactly how it should be. Give credit where credit is due, and flip the mother-F!cker off. There are a lot of people on the fence and people playing both sides... it's good to see someone who is not afraid to commit.

I, personally, am not a Dodge Challenger fan and especially not a Ford Mustang fan, but I like seeing a good rivalry. And war inspires innovation, so I am excited to see where this modern pony car war takes the car industry. I agree with you about the one finger salute to the European cars, but I will sell my soul (I don't use it much anyways) for a '15 Z06 Corvette.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:24 PM   #625
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
especially not a Ford Mustang fan,

I think youre on the wrong website then.
clflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:08 PM   #626
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Don't kid yourself Ford will step up to the plate and produce the 750 Hp or so monster they have the new platform to pull it off and btw it won't be just a straight line shooter like the FAT CAT. The new Hp wars have just begun it is a great time to be a muscle car fan unheard of performance is just
around the corner .

Don't forget the Shelby already makes 662 HP so 750 will not be very difficult to pull off. Throw in a much lighter curb weight and you have one amazing muscle car.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:10 PM   #627
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black8thElement View Post

Old 08-26-2014, 01:21 PM   #628
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Did someone mention spiderman. Ha ha!

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1409077289688.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	164412  
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:24 PM   #629
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clflorida View Post
I think youre on the wrong website then.
Agreed.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:26 PM   #630
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
Don't forget the Shelby already makes 662 HP so 750 will not be very difficult to pull off.
If Ford uses the 5.8L, otherwise, I don't think we'll see 600+. Maybe 625 with the Voodoo 5.2 or whatever.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion