2015 challenger hellcat 707 hp - Page 19 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-26-2014, 01:39 PM   #631
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I read somewhere that the 5.8 Trinity won't fit between the fenders of the 2015.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2014, 01:41 PM   #632
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I really don't understand the challenger. The only people I have met who were happy with it have been geriatric, and bought it to reminisce of their first one when they were 25.

I don't really acknowledge previous models as performance oriented. Not to argue sports cars, pony cars, muscle cars, any of that- but a performance oriented car (including all of the above) is FIRST built for the performance, then other factors.

I have a small backseat. There is a standard transmission. Only seats four at max capacity. Small trunk. Aimed at being low weight. Low to the ground. A tighter cabin. These are all things I happily accept in the pursuit of performance.

But the challenger is just two doors taken off of a charger, and a refresh of what they did generations ago.

I acknowledge the Camaro, and I would sooner take a POS hyundai genesis before a challenger. They at least get the idea.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:50 PM   #633
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
I read somewhere that the 5.8 Trinity won't fit between the fenders of the 2015.
It won't. So gladiatoro can just keep talking, I doubt Ford will come out with anything close to 700 with the 5.2 or whatever from the factory.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2014, 02:12 PM   #634
Registered Member
Regular

Way back when they said no 5.8, but I remember reading there is some questioning of it not fitting. If someone wants to donate a 2015 Mustang and a 2014 GT500, I will happily check free of charge lol

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 08-26-2014, 02:49 PM   #635
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
I'm not on the wrong website at all. I dig cars. Specifically cars designed with performance in mind... oh wait, this is a Mustang forum, maybe I am on the wrong website.

I'm a member of the Cadillac forums and LS1TECH and the SN95 forums... I join these stupid things to discuss performance. I don't pledge allegiance to one forum or another just because it's specific to a particular car. If the discussion is performance, I like to have an ear on it.

Just so happens that the Hellcat is the top performer, at least in some regards, and tgis Mustang forum was discussing its performance, so here I am.
DavidBoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 02:55 PM   #636
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
I really don't understand the challenger. The only people I have met who were happy with it have been geriatric, and bought it to reminisce of their first one when they were 25.

I don't really acknowledge previous models as performance oriented. Not to argue sports cars, pony cars, muscle cars, any of that- but a performance oriented car (including all of the above) is FIRST built for the performance, then other factors.

I have a small backseat. There is a standard transmission. Only seats four at max capacity. Small trunk. Aimed at being low weight. Low to the ground. A tighter cabin. These are all things I happily accept in the pursuit of performance.

But the challenger is just two doors taken off of a charger, and a refresh of what they did generations ago.

I acknowledge the Camaro, and I would sooner take a POS hyundai genesis before a challenger. They at least get the idea.

Back in the day, you had the Mustang, Camaro, Firebird, Javelin and Barracuda as your "Pony cars".

Then you had the GTO, Charger, Cougar, Chevelle, Cutlass and Challenger that were "Muscle cars".

The Challenger is exactly what it is supposed to be. It's not a sports car and it's not a pony car, it's a muscle car. It's a big comfortable car, that looks good, drives good, has a V8 and will burn the tires happily all day long stop light to stop light.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:07 PM   #637
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Back in the day, you had the Mustang, Camaro, Firebird, Javelin and Barracuda as your "Pony cars".

Then you had the GTO, Charger, Cougar, Chevelle, Cutlass and Challenger that were "Muscle cars".

The Challenger is exactly what it is supposed to be. It's not a sports car and it's not a pony car, it's a muscle car. It's a big comfortable car, that looks good, drives good, has a V8 and will burn the tires happily all day long stop light to stop light.
This.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:31 PM   #638
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
2015 challenger hellcat 707 hp

Quote:

Honest question. Were the Challenger and Cuda really in different classes? I was not born for about 15-20 years after they stopped making them, so obviously I have no metric with which to measure them. I just assumed that the big, boisterous Charger was the musclecar and the smaller Challenger was the better performer (and from what I could tell, the Challenger and Cuda looked quite similar).

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Repth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 03:39 PM   #639
Registered Member
Regular

I think maybe you skipped around my post. Performance oriented vehicles make sacrifices. The challenger is just a car with only two doors.

It is a long run tradition from chrysler to just make something they hope will sell. Other than the Viper, they haven't built a car for performance in many years.

Think of it like this. The Focus ST, BMW M3/5/so on, SRT8 charger, cts v, and others are all cars modified for performance. Like a civic becoming a civic si (except for a few years).

The challenger was in no way built as a performance vehicle. It was built to look like an older car, and fill a gap in one of chryslers product lines. You can call it whatever you want, but just because it has two doors and a FR layout doesn't make it a performance vehicle lol

Old 08-26-2014, 03:42 PM   #640
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
This.
I agree!
1995 5.0 u/d,cai,t/b,shorty headers,x pipe,flows 40's,373 gears, alum. driveshaft, alum. radiator, shift kit, e-cam, ported upper and lower intake, 100 shot of spray, 2100 stall, black 0304 cobras. suspension: upper and lower control arms, sub frame connecters, and springs all SVE
mystang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 03:44 PM   #641
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by clflorida View Post
I think youre on the wrong website then.
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 03:47 PM   #642
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post

Because on this forum we only like Mustangs! If you respect mustangs while liking another car, you don't belong! That kind of thing is downright heresy. We all know that there is one true car manufacturer, and that is the most-exalted Ford!

Old 08-26-2014, 03:55 PM   #643
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
It won't. So gladiatoro can just keep talking, I doubt Ford will come out with anything close to 700 with the 5.2 or whatever from the factory.

Did anyone notice the raised hood on the new GT350 eating up the Nurburgring , who says the 5.8 won't fit under the hood .... Ford engineers are very capable of doing this if they really want to just to put a nail in the coffin of the FAT CAT , and me thinks they do. When the Shelby came out people were like #$%^ of a ***** that beast has 662 Hp and only weighs 3850 and is capable of 200 mph , don't count Ford out they can produce some nasty muscle cars.

Old 08-26-2014, 03:59 PM   #644
Registered Member
Regular

Also .... people who don't like Ford or the Mustang should not even be on this forum , I mean really go over to Dodge .com or Chevy enthusiast or whatever , just my 2 c .
Old 08-26-2014, 04:00 PM   #645
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Did anyone notice the raised hood on the new GT350 eating up the Nurburgring , who says the 5.8 won't fit under the hood .... Ford engineers are very capable of doing this if they really want to just to put a nail in the coffin of the FAT CAT , and me thinks they do. When the Shelby came out people were like #$%^ of a ***** that beast has 662 Hp and only weighs 3850 and is capable of 200 mph , don't count Ford out they can produce some nasty muscle cars.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1409086834563.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	164421  
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 04:01 PM   #646
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Also .... people who don't like Ford or the Mustang should not even be on this forum , I mean really go over to Dodge .com or Chevy enthusiast or whatever , just my 2 c .

It's one thing to come here just to bash Ford. It's another to come here as a general car enthusiast. For some reason it seems like the latter gets lumped in with the former...

Old 08-26-2014, 04:07 PM   #647
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Did anyone notice the raised hood on the new GT350 eating up the Nurburgring , who says the 5.8 won't fit under the hood...
No one has said anything about under the hood. It's between the FENDERS that's the problem, next time actually read instead of posting your BS.

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
+1,000
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:50 PM   #648
Registered Member
Regular

Glad, why are you so mad? I already said that I am a member of the Cadillac forums and LS1TECH. I am also a member of the SN95 forums... for some inexplicable reason, out of all the Mustangs out there, I like the SN95 there best.

I like overhead valve motors more than overhead cam. That's probably why I dig the old pushrod five-oh more than the Coyote. It's also why I like the LS-engines and the new LT1/LT4's in the latest and greatest Corvette. And the Hellcat motor, for that matter.

If the almighty Ford Corporation reintroduced the BOSS 302 in a cam-in-block 4-bolt mains big canted valves and slapped a twin screw supercharger on it, I would literally cream in my jeans. But Ford has forsaken the pushrod motor, and went in a different direction. And with that decision, I kind of lost interest in their newest offerings.

I still respect the heritage of the Mustang. I respect and enjoy its performance as much as the next guy. But I prefer one cam to rule them all.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:02 PM   #649
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Its time for some 2011 Kona comedy and hopefully people won't report me once again for thread jacking. I can't afford any more points on my ME license.

Sent from my naked Johnson. The third real non Boss 227
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1409090565026.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	164427  
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:36 PM   #650
Registered Member
Regular

I love my stang but if given the keys on a new hellcat, I wouldn't give em back. That said given the choice between a Hellcat or a GT500, I'd take the Ford. But I can't afford any of those cars, so its moot.

I really do like the hellcat though. Its growing on me. It may be overweight, but I'm sure its damn comfortable and fast as hell.
BadCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:47 PM   #651
Registered Member
Regular

I appreciate the hellcat for what it is. I respect it, also. At the end of the day, a base challenger is just a FR car. A two door charger. The hellcat? That's another story.

(If I had to choose between the two, I would keep my v6- or the GT500. )

Old 08-26-2014, 08:25 PM   #652
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Glad, why are you so mad? I already said that I am a member of the Cadillac forums and LS1TECH. I am also a member of the SN95 forums... for some inexplicable reason, out of all the Mustangs out there, I like the SN95 there best.

I like overhead valve motors more than overhead cam. That's probably why I dig the old pushrod five-oh more than the Coyote. It's also why I like the LS-engines and the new LT1/LT4's in the latest and greatest Corvette. And the Hellcat motor, for that matter.

If the almighty Ford Corporation reintroduced the BOSS 302 in a cam-in-block 4-bolt mains big canted valves and slapped a twin screw supercharger on it, I would literally cream in my jeans. But Ford has forsaken the pushrod motor, and went in a different direction. And with that decision, I kind of lost interest in their newest offerings.

I still respect the heritage of the Mustang. I respect and enjoy its performance as much as the next guy. But I prefer one cam to rule them all.

Points taken .

Old 08-26-2014, 08:26 PM   #653
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Its time for some 2011 Kona comedy and hopefully people won't report me once again for thread jacking. I can't afford any more points on my ME license.

Sent from my naked Johnson. The third real non Boss 227
Kona to the rescue as usual to liven up the situation .

Old 08-26-2014, 08:30 PM   #654
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
No one has said anything about under the hood. It's between the FENDERS that's the problem, next time actually read instead of posting your BS.

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

+1,000

To you really think that the Ford engineers can't squeeze the 5.8 in there if they really really want to and build a new Gt 500 / Cobra .... common think again .

The FAT CAT is the Hp king for now rest assured this is a temporary situation .
Old 08-26-2014, 08:43 PM   #655
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

To you really think that the Ford engineers can't squeeze the 5.8 in there if they really really want to and build a new Gt 500 / Cobra .... common think again .

The FAT CAT is the Hp king for now rest assured this is a temporary situation .
I'm saying that AS THE CAR IS, the Trinity 5.8 won't fit.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:35 PM   #656
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repth View Post
Because on this forum we only like Mustangs! If you respect mustangs while liking another car, you don't belong! That kind of thing is downright heresy. We all know that there is one true car manufacturer, and that is the most-exalted Ford!

strange been a member for awhile and while i like the mustang. sorta the reason i own one. i enjoy other cars as well. i park next to a camaro every day at home. in the middle of restoing a 77 k5 2 wheel drive blazer and a 57 chevy bel air. my allginance is not to the blue ovel. that is why david and i get along we can talk car and not get caught up in brands.
badsheep5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:40 PM   #657
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My mustang is really slow and pathetic. Fords just plain suck. The Hellcat is better than the GT500 in every way. And I think I got herpes from the toilet seat at McDonalds... again.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:15 AM   #658
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

Bottles are for baby's remember that Rapinator , superchargers are for men.

Old 08-27-2014, 12:19 AM   #659
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

WTF that was totally uncalled for #$%) you too.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:32 PM   #660
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Still having trouble understanding why some people are giving the Hellcat sh-t. Yes, it's a big, heavy coupe with good handling for it's size and weight. The Mustang is a slightly smaller, still big, still heavy coupe with good handling for what it is. It's like one fat kid making fun of another fat kid for being a little bit fatter. Lol don't get my wrong, I love mustangs, but they aren't Lotus Exiges or BMW M4s. I can't justify talking crap about the Hellcat when we aren't *all* that different.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:52 PM   #661
Registered Member
Regular

2015 challenger hellcat 707 hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
Still having trouble understanding why some people are giving the Hellcat sh-t. Yes, it's a big, heavy coupe with good handling for it's size and weight. The Mustang is a slightly smaller, still big, still heavy coupe with good handling for what it is. It's like one fat kid making fun of another fat kid for being a little bit fatter. Lol don't get my wrong, I love mustangs, but they aren't Lotus Exiges or BMW M4s. I can't justify talking crap about the Hellcat when we aren't *all* that different.
Its quite simple for me Six, it brings a smile to my face when i see another mustang of any kind within respectable taste. I just cant find that feeling for anything else really. I've seen some well modified camaros,challengers, vettes , etc but i feel no allegiance or brotherhood with them really ...

And when I shop AM, I see nothing referring the hellcat or anything else but MUSTANG and that's EXACTLY the way I prefer it...
Black 2008 GT "to punish and enslave" edition
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:09 PM   #662
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black8thElement View Post
Its quite simple for me Six, it brings a smile to my face when i see another mustang of any kind within respectable taste. I just cant find that feeling for anything else really. I've seen some well modified camaros,challengers, vettes , etc but i feel no allegiance or brotherhood with them really ...

And when I shop AM, I see nothing referring the hellcat or anything else but MUSTANG and that's EXACTLY the way I prefer it...

That made about as much sense as the threads me and badsheep used to make.
clflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:19 PM   #663
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clflorida View Post
That made about as much sense as the threads me and badsheep used to make.
Well its not supposed to make sense to you if it came from my mind ... duh

Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:51 PM   #664
Registered Member
Regular

I think that's pretty much how Stalin justified most of his decisions , but that's unrelated I suppose!

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:24 AM   #665
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post

The FAT CAT weighs 4200+ pounds the S197's hover around 3650 hmmm even the 13 / 14 Shelby only weighs 3850 and yes with 662 ponies under the hood , very impressive I would say your talking 400 + pounds more and the BMW M4 what a joke the Shelby will eat that euro trash up for breakfast , lunch and dinner especially the upcoming GT 500 / COBRA heck even the new GT350 will destroy it .

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion