2015 challenger hellcat 707 hp - Page 20 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-28-2014, 09:38 AM   #666
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Lets keep it about the topic and not make it personal please.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2014, 09:48 AM   #667
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Both the GT500 and the Hellcat are sitting right around six pounds per one horsepower. Both are physically larger than they should be (my opinion). The argument about the GT500 weighing less is null and void when you consider that it has the same power to weight ratio as the Hellcat. Yes, it weighs less, it also has less power. Neither one of them is exactly known for finesse in the handling department.

And to say that the GT500 will eat that euro-trash BMW is just ignorant. For one, it's more about the Indian than it is about the arrow, buddy. I bet that there are plenty of BMW's that can smash on the almighty GT500 any day of the week. And the Hellcat for that matter. Those damn BMW's are performance machines, especially when talking about the M-series. Don't be so quick to show your ignorance by discrediting them so easily.

Underestimating your opponent is a good way to get your *** handed to you.
DavidBoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:53 AM   #668
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
Both the GT500 and the Hellcat are sitting right around six pounds per one horsepower. Both are physically larger than they should be (my opinion). The argument about the GT500 weighing less is null and void when you consider that it has the same power to weight ratio as the Hellcat. Yes, it weighs less, it also has less power. Neither one of them is exactly known for finesse in the handling department.

And to say that the GT500 will eat that euro-trash BMW is just ignorant. For one, it's more about the Indian than it is about the arrow, buddy. I bet that there are plenty of BMW's that can smash on the almighty GT500 any day of the week. And the Hellcat for that matter. Those damn BMW's are performance machines, especially when talking about the M-series. Don't be so quick to show your ignorance by discrediting them so easily.

Are you stupid or something? Ford makes the only cars worth owning. Everything else is trash and the mighty Mustang triumphs over all the garbage, even when it clearly doesn't! You must be on the wrong forum, buddy. At the very least, put your rose-colored glasses on.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Repth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2014, 04:30 PM   #669
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Alright, one last time. Let's keep this debate about the issues.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:12 PM   #670
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post

The FAT CAT weighs 4200+ pounds the S197's hover around 3650 hmmm even the 13 / 14 Shelby only weighs 3850 and yes with 662 ponies under the hood , very impressive I would say your talking 400 + pounds more and the BMW M4 what a joke the Shelby will eat that euro trash up for breakfast , lunch and dinner especially the upcoming GT 500 / COBRA heck even the new GT350 will destroy it .

Okay saying a sports car "only" weighs 3800 lbs is a bit of a joke. A Porsche Cayman S weighs 2900 lbs and it infinitely more nimble (albeit maybe slower in a straight line) than a GT500. There are more cars out there than those adorned with the silver horse, glad.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:15 PM   #671
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
The Dodge thread is back from the dead!
straybullitt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:18 PM   #672
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
ZOMBIES!!!
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:55 PM   #673
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
Okay saying a sports car "only" weighs 3800 lbs is a bit of a joke. A Porsche Cayman S weighs 2900 lbs and it infinitely more nimble (albeit maybe slower in a straight line) than a GT500. There are more cars out there than those adorned with the silver horse, glad.

A Cayman? Infinitely more nimble? I don't think so...

Old 08-29-2014, 12:21 AM   #674
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post

And the Nissan GTR weighs around the same as the Shelby and it's fast as hell
, what's your point , the Cayman is a joke highly underpowered the Shelby would eat that euro trash up . Especially the new GT 350 yes even in the twisties .
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 01:02 AM   #675
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
What

badsheep5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:33 AM   #676
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

, what's your point , the Cayman is a joke highly underpowered the Shelby would eat that euro trash up . Especially the new GT 350 yes even in the twisties .
You have no idea what you are talking about.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:42 AM   #677
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I competed against a Cayman and was not very impressed with it. Haven't sat/driven in it, but it didn't do anything for me.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:45 AM   #678
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You give me a headache

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 09:48 AM   #679
Registered Member
Regular

It's alive! Thanks primer2tone.

Glad, how can you be ok with the GTR but so adamantly opposed to the Euro-trash? Why is one side of the pond better than the other?

Even the '13 GT500 uses a solid rear axle. And that is fine if you only drive on a manicured race course, but for everyone that drives in the real world, it leaves something to be desired. And that something is a point of specific interest in a lot of Euro-trash cars. Don't discredit someone or something just because of where it's from. You don't have to like it, but you shouldn't be so openly hostile just because it's not made in 'murica.

That being said, I still can't find anything about the Hellcat making a lap or two around the "ring". What other good road course tracks are popular enough to offer up some comparisons with similar cars? What's that one in Virginia called? They would probably have a GT500 lap time and a couple Camaro times to compare the Hellcat to.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:23 AM   #680
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post
I think that's pretty much how Stalin justified most of his decisions , but that's unrelated I suppose!

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
This post, right here, has not gotten the kudos it truly deserves. Thank you, fender. You are a gentleman and a scholar.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:35 AM   #681
Registered Member
Regular

So, the course I was talking about is Virginia International Raceway. I found it's lap records on fastlaps website.
Virginia International Raceway lap records - FastestLaps.com
There is no Hellcat, but there is a SRT 392 in the 3-minute range. The GT500, or rather a GT500, beat a Porsche (#25 and 27, respectively). And, this shouldn't surprise anyone, the Corvette is #1.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:38 PM   #682
Registered Member
Regular

Why is this thread back open from the grave?

Sent from my naked Johnson. The third real non Boss 227
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:40 PM   #683
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Rhode Island
2015 challenger hellcat 707 hp

It appears that it was merely put in a short time-out. Apparently, the same kind I give to my 4 year old daughter.
Hack14GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:53 PM   #684
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack14GT View Post
It appears that it was merely put in a short time-out. Apparently, the same kind I give to my 4 year old daughter.

Attached Images

Old 08-29-2014, 10:38 PM   #685
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It's alive! Thanks primer2tone.

Glad, how can you be ok with the GTR but so adamantly opposed to the Euro-trash? Why is one side of the pond better than the other?

Even the '13 GT500 uses a solid rear axle. And that is fine if you only drive on a manicured race course, but for everyone that drives in the real world, it leaves something to be desired. And that something is a point of specific interest in a lot of Euro-trash cars. Don't discredit someone or something just because of where it's from. You don't have to like it, but you shouldn't be so openly hostile just because it's not made in 'murica.

That being said, I still can't find anything about the Hellcat making a lap or two around the "ring". What other good road course tracks are popular enough to offer up some comparisons with similar cars? What's that one in Virginia called? They would probably have a GT500 lap time and a couple Camaro times to compare the Hellcat to.
Yeah I'm ok with the GTR only because I was making a point about curb weight nothing more to be honest I don't like Japanese cars either , nothing beats an American v8 rumble .

Check out the new GT 350 doing labs around the Nurburgring ring if you haven't already eating it up with yes IRS the next gen Shelby / Cobras will push new limits to the mighty Mustang brand and as I said eat up euro trash for lunch especially the monster 750 Hp GT 500 which is coming to a Ford dealer near you ....soon.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
You give me a headache

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
likewise
Old 08-29-2014, 10:43 PM   #686
Registered Member
Regular

GT 350

Old 08-29-2014, 10:46 PM   #687
Registered Member
Regular

A little info on the GT350 non supercharged 500+ HP not bad for the little brother of the mighty GT500

2016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 - Spy Shots From The Nurburgring - Road & Track
Old 08-29-2014, 10:58 PM   #688
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1409371084.584936.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	179.9 KB
ID:	164724

PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 11:29 PM   #689
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
Attachment 164724

Lmfao!
Old 08-29-2014, 11:33 PM   #690
Registered Member
Regular

:thumbup:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1409373200920.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	164725  
Old 08-30-2014, 09:45 AM   #691
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

lol....
Old 08-30-2014, 11:08 AM   #692
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Glad, why are you so mad? I already said that I am a member of the Cadillac forums and LS1TECH. I am also a member of the SN95 forums... for some inexplicable reason, out of all the Mustangs out there, I like the SN95 there best.

I like overhead valve motors more than overhead cam. That's probably why I dig the old pushrod five-oh more than the Coyote. It's also why I like the LS-engines and the new LT1/LT4's in the latest and greatest Corvette. And the Hellcat motor, for that matter.

If the almighty Ford Corporation reintroduced the BOSS 302 in a cam-in-block 4-bolt mains big canted valves and slapped a twin screw supercharger on it, I would literally cream in my jeans. But Ford has forsaken the pushrod motor, and went in a different direction. And with that decision, I kind of lost interest in their newest offerings.

I still respect the heritage of the Mustang. I respect and enjoy its performance as much as the next guy. But I prefer one cam to rule them all.
Dude you're like Switzerland in WWII except you instigate shiit here and there with statements like I don't like Mustangs but the Hellcat is great but I hate Dodge and if "almighty FoMoCo produced a Boss 302..." I would jizz my jeans.

Saying that the Hellcat is the top performer in certain parameters (namely only power and straightline) insinuates that mustangs at the moment is by far an inferior car. They are not as a whole vehicle. Different purposes but on a track virtually any mustang would give the hellcat a run for its money and both boss and GT500 would beat like a red headed stepchild.

Then you go on to say that a lot of people are playing both sides of the fence but its good to see someone take a side. I think that's exactly what Switzerland did with the nazis. They would criticize the Germans publicly in the presses while offering economic concessions to help deter German invasion.

You're like a six headed snake or a long strand of grass swaying in the breeze lol

DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:14 AM   #693
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black8thElement View Post
Well its not supposed to make sense to you if it came from my mind ... duh

Black 2008 GT "to punish and enslave" edition
That's what an ex of mine said when I told her she made no sense lol

Old 08-30-2014, 11:25 AM   #694
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Underestimating your opponent is a good way to get your *** handed to you.
Again... Before this you said you would love giving the one finger salute to euro trash but here you're on your knees servicing BMWs which unless they just got bought out and moved, they're euro.

Ok nevermind sorry. You're right. You make absolute sense. You're like my girlfriend when she talks about her girlfriends.

One minute Sarah's a *****, and the next Sarah's her best friend. Then next week she tells me her best friend is visiting her with another girl. I was like wasn't Sarah your best friend? She replied, "She's a conniving *****. I don't expect you to understand what I'm saying because its coming from my mind..."

Then I just shut up and formulate an extraction strategy. I don't think I'm gonna be sticking around much longer with her lol

Old 08-30-2014, 11:29 AM   #695
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The point is Porsche won MT's Best Drivers Car the last two years but the mustang didnt even crack the top half of the list.

Caymans are underpowered... But still hits 0-60 in 4.1/4.2s and the 1320 in like 12.6/12.7 I think.

But it rotates on a flip of a dime and handles with a controllability that no stock mustang or even a modified one can only dream about.

Old 08-30-2014, 11:33 AM   #696
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

You sir are creepy lol

Old 08-30-2014, 11:38 AM   #697
Registered Member
Regular

This thread NAME should be changed to : WHAT?

Black 2008 GT "to punish and enslave" edition
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:50 AM   #698
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Again... Before this you said you would love giving the one finger salute to euro trash but here you're on your knees servicing BMWs which unless they just got bought out and moved, they're euro.

Ok nevermind sorry. You're right. You make absolute sense. You're like my girlfriend when she talks about her girlfriends.

One minute Sarah's a *****, and the next Sarah's her best friend. Then next week she tells me her best friend is visiting her with another girl. I was like wasn't Sarah your best friend? She replied, "She's a conniving *****. I don't expect you to understand what I'm saying because its coming from my mind..."

Then I just shut up and formulate an extraction strategy. I don't think I'm gonna be sticking around much longer with her lol

Dude... Why are you so butthurt?

Old 08-30-2014, 12:20 PM   #699
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repth View Post
Dude... Why are you so butthurt?

Lol I'm not sure but could you please examine it for me?

Old 08-30-2014, 07:31 PM   #700
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
You sir are creepy lol

Ba ha ha ha ha ha! Now this is creepy. 😝