2015 challenger hellcat 707 hp - Page 21 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-30-2014, 10:19 PM   #701
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Ba ha ha ha ha ha! Now this is creepy. 😝

Sent from my naked Johnson. The third real non Boss 227
Holy f*ck!!! ...Bwahahahhaha

Black 2008 GT "to punish and enslave" edition
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2014, 12:20 AM   #702
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black8thElement View Post
Holy f*ck!!! ...Bwahahahhaha

Man, do I love this forum.

2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 04:20 AM   #703
Registered Member
Regular

2015 challenger hellcat 707 hp

Quote:
Man, do I love this forum.

Like I said... Sir you are creep you black cat lol

But please don't treat us like the muppet sex toy lol

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2014, 09:14 AM   #704
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Leaked Mustang GT350 Badge Confirms Name For Next High-Performance Mustang SVT Variant
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:03 AM   #705
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Like I said... Sir you are creep you black cat lol

But please don't treat us like the muppet sex toy lol

Well thank you sir. I think that's a compliment. Ha ha ha

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1409497379277.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	164848  
Old 08-31-2014, 11:37 AM   #706
Registered Member
Regular

Hahaha ^

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die... The in between is mine."
Old 09-02-2014, 09:29 AM   #707
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
I have stated previously that I respect the engineering that goes into performance. It matters not if it's Chrylser, Chevy, Ford, or BMW. Personally, BMW's do nothing for me. I think that they all look the same, and I don't prefer that particular look over anything else. I am not a Dodge fan. I think that they did well with the reintroduction of the Challenger, as it follows the lines of the 70's model well. And I respect the engineering behind the Hellcat performance. I dig the latest Mustangs, especially the supercharged Cobras/GT500's... but I tip my hat to the Hellcat for taking it a step further with a twin screw supercharger instead of a roots/tvs blower. Ford could have put a Whipple on the GT500, or used a Lysholm like the Hellcat, but they didn't.

Of course I'm going to talk a little $#!+ about the Mustang. This is a Mustang forum. Haven't you ever sat in the visiting team bleachers just to stir up a ruckus? People lose their $#!+ when someone presents a differing opinion, and I find some odd sense of enjoyment in that. I like to argue. I like to ruffle peoples' feathers.

Everyone says I am in the wrong forum because I am not an avid Mustang zealot, but everyone posting about Mustangs in the 2015 challenger hellcat 707hp thread is equally in the wrong place.

So, Dallas, if it bothers you that a car enthusiast is on your precious Ford forum, I'm sorry. I'm not some spineless two-faced posing as nuetral hypocrit comparable to Switzerland in WWII. I told you all before that I like cam-in-block motors, so I haven't followed Ford much after the mid-90's. I have never been much of a Dodge fan. They just never did anything for me. I respect what the Viper can do. I really like the Cummings turbo diesel. I like the look of the new Challengers because they look like the old Challengers (and who doesn't like the look of the 60's-70's pony/muscle cars).

Given what I personally like in the way of automotive engineering, if I had to pick a side, it would be GM. They still use cam-in-block motors. They make the Corvette, which is my favorite car, and would be regardless of who made it. And GM has Cadillac, and I really like the CTS. But just because I prefer how GM does rhings, in no way means that I am incapable of appreciating what Ford or BMW or Dodge can do.

My allegiance does not blind me or cause prejudice. Any remarks towards one brand being "better" than any other is made out of fun and jest. Sarcasm is difficult to portray via text over the interwebs, and people get butt-hurt very easily. But we are all car enthusiasts, are we not? So who gives a $#!+ about who makes what, and let's just talk about cars. A world with only Mustangs would be a boring @$$ world indeed.
DavidBoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:33 AM   #708
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
I have stated previously that I respect the engineering that goes into performance. It matters not if it's Chrylser, Chevy, Ford, or BMW. Personally, BMW's do nothing for me. I think that they all look the same, and I don't prefer that particular look over anything else. I am not a Dodge fan. I think that they did well with the reintroduction of the Challenger, as it follows the lines of the 70's model well. And I respect the engineering behind the Hellcat performance. I dig the latest Mustangs, especially the supercharged Cobras/GT500's... but I tip my hat to the Hellcat for taking it a step further with a twin screw supercharger instead of a roots/tvs blower. Ford could have put a Whipple on the GT500, or used a Lysholm like the Hellcat, but they didn't.

Of course I'm going to talk a little $#!+ about the Mustang. This is a Mustang forum. Haven't you ever sat in the visiting team bleachers just to stir up a ruckus? People lose their $#!+ when someone presents a differing opinion, and I find some odd sense of enjoyment in that. I like to argue. I like to ruffle peoples' feathers.

Everyone says I am in the wrong forum because I am not an avid Mustang zealot, but everyone posting about Mustangs in the 2015 challenger hellcat 707hp thread is equally in the wrong place.

So, Dallas, if it bothers you that a car enthusiast is on your precious Ford forum, I'm sorry. I'm not some spineless two-faced posing as nuetral hypocrit comparable to Switzerland in WWII. I told you all before that I like cam-in-block motors, so I haven't followed Ford much after the mid-90's. I have never been much of a Dodge fan. They just never did anything for me. I respect what the Viper can do. I really like the Cummings turbo diesel. I like the look of the new Challengers because they look like the old Challengers (and who doesn't like the look of the 60's-70's pony/muscle cars).

Given what I personally like in the way of automotive engineering, if I had to pick a side, it would be GM. They still use cam-in-block motors. They make the Corvette, which is my favorite car, and would be regardless of who made it. And GM has Cadillac, and I really like the CTS. But just because I prefer how GM does rhings, in no way means that I am incapable of appreciating what Ford or BMW or Dodge can do.

My allegiance does not blind me or cause prejudice. Any remarks towards one brand being "better" than any other is made out of fun and jest. Sarcasm is difficult to portray via text over the interwebs, and people get butt-hurt very easily. But we are all car enthusiasts, are we not? So who gives a $#!+ about who makes what, and let's just talk about cars. A world with only Mustangs would be a boring @$$ world indeed.

I generally agree with your posts but when you said you enjoy ruffling feathers I stopped reading. Even though I feel like you have the right idea when it comes to performance vehicles, it's annoying to know that you like to post up just to argue on the internet.

Repth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 10:02 AM   #709
Registered Member
Regular

I do run my mouth, and it's something that I know I shouldn't do. So I really shouldn't be surprised by the negative reaction I get a lot of times. I do feel that people need to be a little more willing to debate their beliefs with a non-believer without getting personal. And I do honestly think that anyone who allows their preferences to blind them and/or cause prejudice needs to lighten up. Ignorance is ignorance. Prejudice is prejudice. And it's wrong. So is heckling and talking $#!+, and I'm guilty of that.

The best part about the Hellcat is that it has raised the bar of what people expect in the performance world. I don't give a $#!+ about Dodge. But now GM, whom I do give a $#!+ about, and Ford, which all of you care about, has to come up with an answer... a 707+hp answer! And that is exciting. So if it's a 725hp Z28 Camaro or a 750hp GT500 Mustang, it's all good. We should all be sending Chrysler thank you cards.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:13 AM   #710
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repth View Post
I generally agree with your posts but when you said you enjoy ruffling feathers I stopped reading. Even though I feel like you have the right idea when it comes to performance vehicles, it's annoying to know that you like to post up just to argue on the internet.

That's what I see in his posts and thus my comments about him. I'm all for disparate views about cars and differing tastes but I noticed he spurs things here and there sometimes contradicting himself just to elicit some reactions.

You don't need to suck a Mustang's nuts to be in the forum but a little respect by not stoking the fire is good too. Its like someone coming to your BBQ during summer and act like he's a friend and start talking about beautiful women and says to you if your wife lost 10 pounds she's a definite hottie. Or your house is super nice but the color is white I prefer a house with more color and character.

That's when you take out your 12 gauge and say GTFO lol

Old 09-02-2014, 10:18 AM   #711
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's what I see in his posts and thus my comments about him. I'm all for disparate views about cars and differing tastes but I noticed he spurs things here and there sometimes contradicting himself just to elicit some reactions.

You don't need to suck a Mustang's nuts to be in the forum but a little respect by not stoking the fire is good too. Its like someone coming to your BBQ during summer and act like he's a friend and start talking about beautiful women and says to you if your wife lost 10 pounds she's a definite hottie. Or your house is super nice but the color is white I prefer a house with more color and character.

Point taken. I will refrain from making my snide comments just to get a response.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:33 AM   #712
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Point taken. I will refrain from making my snide comments just to get a response.
You make valid points at times and i understand what you're trying to discuss here but if you act like an a$$ then people will think you're just talkin "*****"

Old 09-02-2014, 11:04 AM   #713
Registered Member
Regular

No. I'm guilty as charged. I straight up would say $#!+ just to get under people's skin. I do not feel that is the case with the majority of my posts, but enough to warrant the reputation, for sure.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:07 AM   #714
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No. I'm guilty as charged. I straight up would say $#!+ just to get under people's skin. I do not feel that is the case with the majority of my posts, but enough to warrant the reputation, for sure.

I get enough of that from my girlfriend! Lol

Old 09-02-2014, 11:13 AM   #715
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

lol....
Old 09-02-2014, 11:17 AM   #716
Registered Member
Regular

This is after all a Mustang web site so people should respect the enthusiasts of the galloping horse.

Attached Images

Old 09-02-2014, 11:48 AM   #717
Registered Member
Regular

It is a Mustang forum. And I knew that when I joined. My dangerous assumption was that Mustang enthusiasts were open minded and respectful, and capable of appreciating solid engineering and noteworthy performance, no matter who made it. I seem to have been mistaken. Everyone so easily climbs up on their high horse (no pun intended). If you don't have a Mustang, then you don't have anything. Or Porsche. Or a Camaro. Everyone is the same, no matter where you go or what you have. It's human nature to form clicks and clans and tribes with those that share similar beliefs, but it's not necessary to be snobbish about it. Discrediting valid performance just because it's not a Mustang is just childish. Telling me that I'm in the wrong place just because I have a different opinion is bull$#!+ and you know it. You should encourage different opinions and welcome outside perspectives. Or don't, it's your choice.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:58 AM   #718
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Some people here only like the Mustang... I think you probably know who I'm talking about. Me, I like cars in general.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 12:21 PM   #719
Registered Member
Regular

2015 challenger hellcat 707 hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Some people here only like the Mustang... I think you probably know who I'm talking about. Me, I like cars in general.
Don't lie mustangz you like your 10 speed more than your mustang and I know if you could you would twin turbo it with a 50 NOS. Lol

If I could I'd quad turbo my john Deer tractor so I can now my yard in 9.86 seconds flat

Old 09-02-2014, 12:37 PM   #720
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If I could I'd quad turbo my john Deer tractor so I can now my yard in 9.86 seconds flat

Yes, please.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:14 PM   #721
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
2013 shelby sc 1000, 1100 hp!
Blackedout03gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 02:13 PM   #722
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout03gt View Post
2013 shelby sc 1000, 1100 hp!
And runs the times of a NA 5.0

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:02 AM   #723
Registered Member
Regular

Isn't the Shelby 1000 a specialty shop car? I don't think that it's quite comparable to the factory production Hellcat. And, I'm pretty sure that the base price for the Shelby GT1000 is $100,000. So again, I don't see how it fits into this discussion. I am sure you could buy a '13 GT500, and upgrade the roots blower for a twin screw and tune it up to 707+hp for the price difference between the GT500 and the Hellcat... that has been brought up multiple times in this discussion. But bringing up specialty shop cars is opening up a can of worms because you have to remember that Hennessey could just as easily work their magic on the Hellcat. And a specialty shop Hellcat would probably be pretty scary.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:08 AM   #724
Registered Member
Regular

Nah just wait for the new Shelby GT 500 / SVT Cobra or whatever they will call it . Perhaps it will be a twin turbo version of the current GT 350 that is being tested now or supercharged .

Ford will no doubt want to trump the 707 FAT CAT . My guess is that not only will it be faster because it's lighter but will corner well too the best of both worlds.

The new GT350 is more a comparison to the new Z28 Camaro a track car. Both similar hp and curb weight.

2015 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 - Specifications, Pictures, Prices
Old 09-03-2014, 11:57 AM   #725
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
I don't need term papers for responses

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 01:16 PM   #726
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
Nah just wait for the new Shelby GT 500 / SVT Cobra or whatever they will call it . Perhaps it will be a twin turbo version of the current GT 350 that is being tested now or supercharged .

Ford will no doubt want to trump the 707 FAT CAT . My guess is that not only will it be faster because it's lighter but will corner well too the best of both worlds.

The new GT350 is more a comparison to the new Z28 Camaro a track car. Both similar hp and curb weight.

2015 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 - Specifications, Pictures, Prices
I don't know. Ford did the big power thing, with the GT500. Notice how they focused on the track, Boss, then major power, GT500. I would think they go track again.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 01:21 PM   #727
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
This is after all a Mustang web site so people should respect the enthusiasts of the galloping horse.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409768466.944201.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	165083
clflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 02:12 PM   #728
Registered Member
Regular

Who really gives a crap about 707 HP or 662 or 750 HP. The customer who loves the mustang isn't gonna care because 662 HP Is plenty crazy fast for street public roads. The dude who is hard core Mopar isn't gonna care about a 750 SVT mustang.

The challenger is the best looking pony car but its Chrysler *****. They are made like crap and consider yourself very lucky if you don't have some transmission or engine issue with it during the warranty period.

Heck, majority of the mustang owners can't even drive their ***** now proper with 420-550 HP let alone a SVT for 750 HP. All the cars do is spin and fishtail all over the place. What freaking good is that on the public roadway!

Old 09-03-2014, 02:18 PM   #729
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Who really gives a crap about 707 HP or 662 or 750 HP. The customer who loves the mustang isn't gonna care because 662 HP Is plenty crazy fast for street public roads. The dude who is hard core Mopar isn't gonna care about a 750 SVT mustang.

The challenger is the best looking pony car but its Chrysler *****. They are made like crap and consider yourself very lucky if you don't have some transmission or engine issue with it during the warranty period.

I'm just gonna give you my honest opinion here... My 2008 Charger R/T had much better fit and finish than my 2014 Mustang GT. And it never had a single mechanical problem in 85,000 miles. And at the time, it was cheap ($25,000 out the door for pretty much all the options, new) for the performance you got out of it.

And it was weird, because all the Mopar guys didn't sit around and bash on Ford and GM all day...

Old 09-03-2014, 02:22 PM   #730
Registered Member
Regular

^ But thats your "personal opinion" it doesn't make one car better than the other ...

Old 09-03-2014, 02:26 PM   #731
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black8thElement View Post
^ But thats your "personal opinion" it doesn't make one car better than the other ...

Yeah, just as kona was giving his opinion that Chrysler is ****. That's kinda my point. People have varied experiences. I'm not saying I don't love my mustang, I'm just saying not everything other than a ford is a piece of junk, lol.

Old 09-03-2014, 02:29 PM   #732
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Every Chrysler product I've seen is bad, either mechanical problems, or just a crappy build.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 02:36 PM   #733
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repth View Post
I'm just gonna give you my honest opinion here... My 2008 Charger R/T had much better fit and finish than my 2014 Mustang GT. And it never had a single mechanical problem in 85,000 miles. And at the time, it was cheap ($25,000 out the door for pretty much all the options, new) for the performance you got out of it.

And it was weird, because all the Mopar guys didn't sit around and bash on Ford and GM all day...

I'm not bashing Mopar but fact is there quality of vehicles were always dead last. My parents owned Chrysler and Jeep vehicles and all pieces of crap. There is a reason on why Chrylser was dead last for sales. There is a reason why Chrysler sells far far far less Challenger units compared to mustang or even Camaro's.

I personally think the Challenger is the best looking, bad a$$, old scool looking muscle car of the modern day ponies. With that said, fact is the quality in Chrysler products are overall poor and not on the same level as other car manufactors.

The Challenger could have a 900 HP pony and it still won't outsell mustangs or camaros and in fact the sales will be in the toilet.

Old 09-03-2014, 02:42 PM   #734
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm not bashing Mopar but fact is there quality of vehicles were always dead last. My parents owned Chrysler and Jeep vehicles and all pieces of crap. There is a reason on why Chrylser was dead last for sales. There is a reason why Chrysler sells far far far less Challenger units compared to mustang or even Camaro's.

I personally think the Challenger is the best looking, bad a$$, old scool looking muscle car of the modern day ponies. With that said, fact is the quality in Chrysler products are overall poor and not on the same level as other car manufactors.

The Challenger could have a 900 HP pony and it still won't outsell mustangs or camaros and in fact the sales will be in the toilet.

Maybe I just got really, really lucky. And maybe the guys in the local Mopar club were just sippin the kool-aid. My experiences just weren't in line with the "facts" you're stating. I realize that my experience is limited and anecdotal, but so is yours unless we have some data about actual car repairs, cars still on the road compared to number sold, average maintenance costs, or something like that. The sales being poor could be as a result of quality or it could be a result of a myriad of other issues like advertising.

Old 09-03-2014, 02:55 PM   #735
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Chrysler is actually doing quite well with sales right now.
Ford's sales are flat...
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion