2015 challenger hellcat 707 hp - Page 23 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-04-2014, 03:08 PM   #771
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
^ the zl1 is slow as ***** stock, even with a pulley and tune it's not verry impressive. They are just turds

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2014, 03:52 PM   #772
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Here is a link to a good article comparing the 2013 GT500 and the 2012 ZL1...
2013 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 vs. 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 RoadandTrack.com - Road & Track
Really good read, probably been posted before, but I haven't seen it in this discussion yet... probably because this discussion isn't about either of those cars. But it does cover the aspects of power versus handling.
DavidBoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 04:20 PM   #773
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Yeah, let's change the subject, again

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2014, 04:39 PM   #774
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
What's this thread about? Lol, I would have NEVER guessed this thread would go past 80 pages. I wouldn't have guessed past 10!

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 04:44 PM   #775
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
It's currently at 78 on my app.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 04:45 PM   #776
Registered Member
Regular

Who gives a ***** if it changes.

Old 09-04-2014, 07:12 PM   #777
Registered Member
Regular

I don't, I was just making fun. It's 78 for me, too, but I doubt it's just going to end here. This is the thread that never ends...it goes on and on my friend....

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 09-04-2014, 07:14 PM   #778
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
I don't, I was just making fun. It's 78 for me, too, but I doubt it's just going to end here. This is the thread that never ends...it goes on and on my friend....

It keeps it interesting. Got to derail every now and then

Old 09-04-2014, 07:14 PM   #779
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
It keeps it interesting. Got to derail every now and then

Place your bets. Over 100 here!
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:51 PM   #780
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Only 39 pages for me..... Gotta extend how many posts you get per page lol, that way you don't have to go through a ton of pages to catch up.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 08:41 AM   #781
Registered Member
Regular

A guy from road and track got to drive a Hellcat for a weekend. In his article, he talks about how people will hate you for driving it. It's loud and menacing and sets off car alarms in parking garages. He says that if it could slap the ice cream cone out of a child's hand on a warm summer day, it would. Link:
A Weekend With The 2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat - Road & Track
Old 09-05-2014, 08:48 AM   #782
Registered Member
Regular

I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Repth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:05 AM   #783
Registered Member
Regular

And, since the ZL1 had been mentioned earlier, here is a head-to-head, ZL1 vs Hellcat. Link:
2014 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 vs. 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
Old 09-05-2014, 09:20 AM   #784
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
A guy from road and track got to drive a Hellcat for a weekend. In his article, he talks about how people will hate you for driving it. It's loud and menacing and sets off car alarms in parking garages. He says that if it could slap the ice cream cone out of a child's hand on a warm summer day, it would. Link:
A Weekend With The 2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat - Road & Track
Lol this article is dumb tho. But I do agree I'll take the C7 over a Hell Cat all day every day especially the Z06.

DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:22 AM   #785
Registered Member
Regular

Give me any C7 over the Hellcat. In either black, yellow, or dark red, or white.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:29 AM   #786
Registered Member
Regular

I would take a C7 Z06 over any other car ever made, though. There is not a single automobile that I want more than the C7 Z06 with the Z07 aero package. I don't care if it's bright pink. Paint is cheap, it's the $70,000 for the car that I am having trouble with.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:59 AM   #787
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
What do you think of the new Miata?

"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:03 PM   #788
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall View Post
What do you think of the new Miata?

Better than a Civic

Old 09-05-2014, 02:31 PM   #789
Registered Member
Regular

The new Miata looks like the bastard love-child of the Scion FR-S and a BMW Z4. I like it. The Miata would be a fun car to F!ck around in. Tiny, maneuverable, light on its feet, rwd... you can slap an LS-engine in it and bolt/weld on some serious subframe bracing, and make it one hell of a autocross car.

But, they are just like fat chics and mo-peds... fun to ride, just don't let your friends see you do it.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:50 PM   #790
Registered Member
Regular

I believe that they call the Miata "The most raced car in history". You can't swing a dead cat at an autocross event without hitting one.
Stock, they aren't very impressive. But with a few mods, they look like fun cars! The best thing is that you can find used ones for dirt cheap and they are a good entry level platform that you can beat the hell out of and not feel guilty.
straybullitt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 04:37 PM   #791
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
The best thing is that you can find used ones for dirt cheap and they are a good entry level platform that you can beat the hell out of and not feel guilty.
Just like a fat chic...
Old 09-05-2014, 04:45 PM   #792
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just like a fat chic...
Hahaha, LMAO.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:02 PM   #793
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just like a fat chic...
Hahaha
Old 09-05-2014, 10:18 PM   #794
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
A Miata allows for all kinds of crazy mods. Take this ls1 swapped and turbo'd car, for example.

http://youtu.be/v0-UJLYGIZg

PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 11:06 PM   #795
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
The new Miata looks like the bastard love-child of the Scion FR-S and a BMW Z4. I like it. The Miata would be a fun car to F!ck around in. Tiny, maneuverable, light on its feet, rwd... you can slap an LS-engine in it and bolt/weld on some serious subframe bracing, and make it one hell of a autocross car.

But, they are just like fat chics and mo-peds... fun to ride, just don't let your friends see you do it.
That's funny , very funny .
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:02 AM   #796
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
A Miata allows for all kinds of crazy mods. Take this ls1 swapped and turbo'd car, for example.

76mm Turbo LS1 Miata vs. 88' BMW 325i - YouTube

The boat paddle! Oh, the boat paddle! Little Miata rowing past the BMW on the freeway. That, sir, made me smile... lots. It's sad but a LS-swap Miata could row past most cars out there. People will spend $70k on a Hellcat, and some @$$hole in a 2jz-swapped 80's Celica or a LS-swapped 90's Miata is going to give them an honest run for their money with half the horsepower and a quarter of the cost.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:07 AM   #797
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
The statement about Mopar fans buying Mopar, and Ford fans buying Ford, regardless of the competition's latest and greatest horsepower monster, is really the key point, here.

If you want a 750hp Mustang, then this thread really isn't going to do anything for you, unless you're just looking for an argument.

If you want to discuss the 2015 Challenger Hellcat 707hp, you have come to the right place.

The last six replies, or so, are the first I have heard of Chrysler having fit/finish problems, or mechanical quality issues. My fiance has a 2008 Sebring that is put together just as well as any Ford economy sedan I have seen or been in. Her brother has a Chrysler 300 that has very nice fit and finish. Both vehicles are downright reliable, requiring nothing more than the usual maintenance, like fluids and filters and brakes. My brother's Dodge Ram is put together just as well as a Mustang from the same era. Been in and around both, one isn't any better than the other in terms of quality of assembly.

The actual Hellcat I was looking at seemed to be assembled very well. I would hope so, given the price, but regardless, its fit/finish were very nice indeed.
Its true we own a Sebring and all though it is a gutless boring big it is a good car that gets us from point a to b with the normal maintenance. Camaro runs strong still and so does the mustang are f-350 though has blown two spark plugs out the side of the block but we all know that the triton v8s are a pos

Sent from my LG-D850 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
badsheep5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 11:50 AM   #798
Registered Member
Regular

So far we've had no problems with our 5.4 triton 2006 f150... somehow.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:01 PM   #799
Registered Member
Regular

Never had one issue out of my f150 with the 5.4.
Had full exhaust, air raid cai, edge evolution programmer. 8 inch lift with 37's.
Had 120,000 miles when I sold it.

Only problem I had was snapping the front driveshaft more than once

Old 09-08-2014, 12:14 PM   #800
Registered Member
Regular

Same with my other one that had the 4.6 triton. exhaust, cai, programmer, lowered on 22's
Sold it with 140,000 still running strong.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1410196450772.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	165521  
Old 09-08-2014, 01:12 PM   #801
Registered Member
Regular

Well, that kind of sums up the entirety of the whole quality opinion argument, doesn't it? Some people say Chrysler has quality issues, yet we have a couple people with first hand experience saying their Chryslers are fine. We have people saying some things about the Triton engines, while others with Triton engines say theirs are fine. Cars have A LOT of things that can go wrong. Even Ferrari puts out a lemon every now and again. I have heard about the Triton engines burping out spark plugs from multiple sources, but I don't go around saying Ford has quality issues. Ford has recalls just like Chrysler and GM. With such complex machines, it's impossible to get it right every time.

For some reason, I seriously doubt that anyone buying a Hellcat will be disappointed with the fit or finish in any way. And, it will probably be just as reliable as any other factory supercharged V8 vehicle out there.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:40 PM   #802
Registered Member
Regular

Well, actual research shows chrysler makes crap. They fill the bottom ranks of problems per 100 cars. Its more like some companies have a lemon, and then some companies let a decent car slip out...lol

One thing about the premium vehicles, like SRTs, M series, AMG series, is that many of their components are much better. I would trust the tranny in a C63 AMG much more than a C220. One reason I live the v6 Mustang, with the same tranny as the v8. Even if it has issues (standard), it is built to get beat up daily by a v8.

I won't claim a companies reliability by hearsay. Even though the people I know who LIKE chrysler complain about issues, I prefer to refer to the statistics in this case. Ever see a Lexus on the side of the road? They rank number one in quality lol.

(No lie, I see more chryslers on the side of the road than every other car brand combined. Doesn't make sense, they aren't THAT bad, but maybe I now make it a point to look, and there are so many!)

Old 09-08-2014, 01:43 PM   #803
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well, that kind of sums up the entirety of the whole quality opinion argument, doesn't it? Some people say Chrysler has quality issues, yet we have a couple people with first hand experience saying their Chryslers are fine. We have people saying some things about the Triton engines, while others with Triton engines say theirs are fine. Cars have A LOT of things that can go wrong. Even Ferrari puts out a lemon every now and again. I have heard about the Triton engines burping out spark plugs from multiple sources, but I don't go around saying Ford has quality issues. Ford has recalls just like Chrysler and GM. With such complex machines, it's impossible to get it right every time.

For some reason, I seriously doubt that anyone buying a Hellcat will be disappointed with the fit or finish in any way. And, it will probably be just as reliable as any other factory supercharged V8 vehicle out there.
I have no "first hand" experience with Ferrari but I've had a couple of friends who have owned them over the years and their reliability is HORRIBLE!
The cars still looked better than what I was driving though... Even on the back of a tow truck!
Old 09-08-2014, 02:04 PM   #804
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Ever see a Lexus on the side of the road? They rank number one in quality lol.

No lie, I see more chryslers on the side of the road than every other car brand combined. Doesn't make sense, they aren't THAT bad, but maybe I now make it a point to look, and there are so many!
I know of several Lexi that have left people stranded. I was driving my friends GS400 on our way back from a road trip to Kentucky when the passenger side ball joint failed without any warning, sending the car across 3 lanes of traffic before going off into a ditch and then a field. The car had less than 70,000 miles on it (68k I think). Anyways, car was totaled.

In my area, I see more Fords on the side of the road around here than anything else, by far.

I have more confidence in my 1998 Chryslerbishi (Mitsubishi engine) Dodge Avenger 2.5L with 160,000 miles on it than I do with my brand new Mustang. Fords have such a crap reputation in my area that I am still amazed I actually bought one and I am constantly considering selling it before something major fails on it. It only has 14,000 miles. If it weren't for the little comfort of a warranty, I certainly would not have bought a new Ford.
Old 09-08-2014, 02:09 PM   #805
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well, actual research shows chrysler makes crap. They fill the bottom ranks of problems per 100 cars. Its more like some companies have a lemon, and then some companies let a decent car slip out...lol

One thing about the premium vehicles, like SRTs, M series, AMG series, is that many of their components are much better. I would trust the tranny in a C63 AMG much more than a C220. One reason I live the v6 Mustang, with the same tranny as the v8. Even if it has issues (standard), it is built to get beat up daily by a v8.

I won't claim a companies reliability by hearsay. Even though the people I know who LIKE chrysler complain about issues, I prefer to refer to the statistics in this case. Ever see a Lexus on the side of the road? They rank number one in quality lol.

(No lie, I see more chryslers on the side of the road than every other car brand combined. Doesn't make sense, they aren't THAT bad, but maybe I now make it a point to look, and there are so many!)

Lexus has like the best service ever. They will tow your car and bring you a hot cup of coffee with just a phone call. That's why you don't see many Lexuses broken down on the road. That and the ones that break down don't start so its broken down at home, the mall, work, at the restaurant...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion