2015 challenger hellcat 707 hp - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-16-2014, 02:27 PM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
^ ... Hahaha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2014, 02:59 PM   #107
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Envisioning a Gladiatoro on a Rod of Thunder. Does that come with XM radio?

The Gladiatoro GT500 model weighs the same as the Hellcat due to the chest plate, helmet, and all the other stuff, especially with the optional war hammer hanging in the rear window rack so I don't know what the hell he's talkin' about being lighter and stuff....yeah right.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:00 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Ummm why don't you just get the GT500 and be done with this Fat Cat nonsense? Then you can have that 700hp+ GT500 that'll roast the Fat Cat.

Hell why not get the Super Snake with 950hp and call it a day.

Hell you could build yourself a rocket ship why not and blow the Fat Cat out of this world?

Or why not pray to some god like Zeus and maybe he'll let you ride his rod of thunder so you can straddle his rod of thunder and ride it down the quarter mile at 0.00000000000000000001sec? But remember to still use rubber when riding the rod... Lol
Ok. This is all starting to make sense to me now...

Do you mean that when some of those women screamed "Oh Zeus", during sex, they weren't just getting my name wrong or mixing me up with someone else?
I'm starting to feel better now!
This is AWESOME!!!
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2014, 09:44 PM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
75 k plus taxes puts it at over 80 k for the FAT CAT for that price I would rather take a Shelby GT 500 any day much cheaper at 60 k or so . Heck a good used one can be had for 40 k that's HALF THE PRICE. The Shelby is much lighter with a curb weight of 3850. Dodge already released weights of 4251 auto and 4240 for the manual. We are talking roughly 400 pounds more that's like have two 200 pound extra people in the car ha... hence the name FAT CAT.

Ford leaves restrictions on its engines when it easily exceeds its horsepower goals. The GT500 exceeded 650 easily so Ford left the undersized throttle body and restrictive resonator delete as the limiting factors. I'll take a 720+ horses Shelby and a 400 pound weight advantage and run away from the Hellcat all day long . Hail to the true KING the mighty Shelby GT 500 it's highly unlikely Ford will produce another Shelby with that
much Hp.
I know man. Why get the Hellcat when you could get John Force's funny car. I mean heck what's 707hp to 6,000hp. And just look at how many factory cars are running 10.80s stock these days. Heck I could just put a couple mods on my wife's Camry and smoke that Hellcat.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
NuckChorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:23 PM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckChorris View Post
I know man. Why get the Hellcat when you could get John Force's funny car. I mean heck what's 707hp to 6,000hp. And just look at how many factory cars are running 10.80s stock these days. Heck I could just put a couple mods on my wife's Camry and smoke that Hellcat.

There was a rumor that's been circulating around that Rapinator doesn't even have an engine in his car. I heard he strapped Superman to a gerbil wheel inside the engine bay and now its fast as lightning.

Last I heard he was gonna install a twin sun setup to help give Supes a boost to go that much faster.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 01:39 AM   #111
Registered Member
Regular

Do you ever step the first leg into your boxers, then get the second foot caught and do the one leg pogo in the bathroom to keep from busting your ***?

Old 07-17-2014, 05:25 AM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall View Post
Do you ever step the first leg into your boxers, then get the second foot caught and do the one leg pogo in the bathroom to keep from busting your ***?

No

But I did stay at a holiday inn last night.

Once you go black.... You wash/detail everyday.

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:57 AM   #113
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
There was a rumor that's been circulating around that Rapinator doesn't even have an engine in his car. I heard he strapped Superman to a gerbil wheel inside the engine bay and now its fast as lightning.

Last I heard he was gonna install a twin sun setup to help give Supes a boost to go that much faster.
How did you find out? It's a Mongolian gerbil

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:15 AM   #114
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Got to see the hellcat last night in personClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1405606460.410684.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	726.0 KB
ID:	161650 Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1405606390.557861.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	916.6 KB
ID:	161647Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1405606422.123927.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	161648Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1405606442.211939.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	894.2 KB
ID:	161649
Not going to lie I want one but I am excited because this is the restart of the old muscle war

badsheep5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:19 AM   #115
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by badsheep5.0 View Post
Got to see the hellcat last night in person
Not going to lie I want one but I am excited because this is the restart of the old muscle war

Was it an auto ?
Did you get to talk to the owner, curious as to what the cost was ?

" Chance favors the prepared mind "
* SOLD * 2011 776rwhp.......documented " 1 of 2 "
2014 - detuned to 780rwhp
2017 F150 Lariat Scab, 5.0
1 Alibi 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:12 PM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

It was a stick the owner is dodge it is not for sale yet lol and they said only 20 more then a corvette had a good talk with the representing dodge about it .... It sounds like a fun car all I know is I am exited to see the 60s muscle car war starting up again

Old 07-17-2014, 09:58 PM   #117
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:00 PM   #118
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It was a stick the owner is dodge it is not for sale yet lol and they said only 20 more then a corvette had a good talk with the representing dodge about it .... It sounds like a fun car all I know is I am exited to see the 60s muscle car war starting up again

Old 07-18-2014, 06:47 PM   #119
Registered Member
Regular

The FATCAT is quite fast for it's obese nature lol.... even though it took over 100 runs to achieve that .
Old 07-18-2014, 09:24 PM   #120
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The FATCAT is quite fast for it's obese nature lol.... even though it took over 100 runs to achieve that .
For someone that has absolutely no chips on the table you sure talk a lot.

Gladiatoro you should really just let it slide. You have your car. Fat cat owners have theirs.

If you really have that little respect for them and their cars then I double dog dare u to run them for pink slip. Winner takes the loser's car.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:52 PM   #121
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Now now, don't make him give away his car...
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:57 PM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
For someone that has absolutely no chips on the table you sure talk a lot. Gladiatoro you should really just let it slide. You have your car. Fat cat owners have theirs. If you really have that little respect for them and their cars then I double dog dare u to run them for pink slip. Winner takes the loser's car.
Lmao. +1
Old 07-18-2014, 11:30 PM   #123
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
For someone that has absolutely no chips on the table you sure talk a lot.

Gladiatoro you should really just let it slide. You have your car. Fat cat owners have theirs.

If you really have that little respect for them and their cars then I double dog dare u to run them for pink slip. Winner takes the loser's car.
Well this is a mustang forum is it not , am I supposed to love the FAT CAT no I don't think so , I'm pro stang always will be my mustang is a 05 GT the FAT CAT is a 2015 of course it has more Hp than mine it's the nature of evolution of Hp , even so my mustang still has a respectable 530 hp and only weighs 3550 with a full tank of gas and of course SUPERCHARGED. The fat cat weighs 4200 plus pounds and has 707 Hp and believe me it needs all that power to move the big boat ahead.

My future plans are to forge and crank up the boost to 16 psi giving me 600 plus Hp , then I would race the FAT CAT lol..... and likely beat it .
Old 07-18-2014, 11:32 PM   #124
Registered Member
Regular

You forgot the weight of all the body armor. Even with the hole cut in the roof over your head to fit your helmet spike through you're well over 4500 lbs.

Old 07-18-2014, 11:34 PM   #125
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You forgot the weight of all the body armor. Even with the hole cut in the roof over your head to fit your helmet spike through you're well over 4500 lbs.

lol...
Old 07-19-2014, 12:35 AM   #126
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Haha too effing funny .

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 01:06 AM   #127
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well this is a mustang forum is it not , am I supposed to love the FAT CAT no I don't think so , I'm pro stang always will be my mustang is a 05 GT the FAT CAT is a 2015 of course it has more Hp than mine it's the nature of evolution of Hp , even so my mustang still has a respectable 530 hp and only weighs 3550 with a full tank of gas and of course SUPERCHARGED. The fat cat weighs 4200 plus pounds and has 707 Hp and believe me it needs all that power to move the big boat ahead. My future plans are to forge and crank up the boost to 16 psi giving me 600 plus Hp , then I would race the FAT CAT lol..... and likely beat it .
Lmao. Line up or shut up bro! & I don't mean that to be disrespectful but don't talk sh*t about a car that you wouldn't line up next to! That's like someone with a 90s honda talking sh*t about your GT saying "of course it has more HP it's newer" if u don't have a car to back it up or at least be down to line up next to it then don't talk about it or "in the future" cus that don't mean squat! Even tho this is a mustang forum (& I'm a mustang guy 100%) doesn't mean u have to love it but don't talk about if u can't back it up!
Old 07-19-2014, 10:03 AM   #128
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
Lmao. Line up or shut up bro! & I don't mean that to be disrespectful but don't talk sh*t about a car that you wouldn't line up next to! That's like someone with a 90s honda talking sh*t about your GT saying "of course it has more HP it's newer" if u don't have a car to back it up or at least be down to line up next to it then don't talk about it or "in the future" cus that don't mean squat! Even tho this is a mustang forum (& I'm a mustang guy 100%) doesn't mean u have to love it but don't talk about if u can't back it up!
Even a 90's Honda civic can beat the FAT CAT with a good turbo set up there are civics that are running in the 9's point being the FAT CAT I think is overpriced for what you get , and that's my whole point it's cool but obese.

For that price range if I was to purchase a new muscle car a 13-14 Shelby
GT500 would be a much better choice , lighter (3850) , cheaper and at 662 Hp
very similar performance out of the box around a track I'm sure the Shelby
would be faster I just can't see that big boat cornering well. Let's see it takes Dodge 6.2 L to make 707 Hp and 650 lb-ft . and Ford 5.8 L to make 662 Hp and 631 lb-ft hmmm... I think Ford has the better engine.

Anyways my mustang is a work in progress.
Old 07-19-2014, 10:54 AM   #129
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Even a 90's Honda civic can beat the FAT CAT with a good turbo set up there are civics that are running in the 9's point being the FAT CAT I think is overpriced for what you get , and that's my whole point it's cool but obese.

would be faster I just can't see that big boat cornering well. Let's see it takes Dodge 6.2 L to make 707 Hp and 650 lb-ft . and Ford 5.8 L to make 662 Hp and 631 lb-ft hmmm... I think Ford has the better engine.

You have some messed up logic....

As far as it being a Fat Cat, yes it's heavy. So is the Cadillac CTS-V2 and Camaro ZL1, guess what, they absolutely dominate any Mustang on a racetrack (not dragstrip). Will the Hellcat be amazing on the track, probably not, but it could be.

Go here - Top 100 Lap Records | Nürburgring Lap Times and search for a Ford, you will only find 1, the GT and it gets beat by the Z/28 and ZL1, not really beat, more like slaughtered.

So ... by this logic, a crappy car with aftermarket parts that is nearly undriveable on the street is better than a $60,000 car because the cheaper car is faster?

If that were the case, the 98-02 Fbody cars would be the greatest cars in the world. For less than $10,000 they will run 9's all day. Including the cost of the car. While still being driveable on the street.

Then you go on to claim that HP per L makes the best engine?

Hate to tell ya, but the Hellcat and Shelby both make 114 HP per L.

So if that's what makes a great engine, then the Honda S2000 with it's 120 hp per L, naturally aspirated is a better engine than either the 5.8 or 6.2 Hellcat. The Mazda Rotary made 255 hp from 1.3L or 196 hp per L, so it must be the greatest engine ever created.
Old 07-19-2014, 10:58 AM   #130
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

707HP / 6.2L = 114.03HP/L
662HP / 5.8L = 114.13HP/L

Factor in some deviation essentially they both make about the the HP per liter...

And FYI a Civic that's capable of running 9s is a complete *** to drive on the streets in the setup that will run 9s.

The Hell Cat in a DR set up that does 10.8s will smoke the Civic in corners and around the track.

I prefer the Mustang but I'm a car guy. I give credit where credit is due. And the Hell Cat is pretty damn amazing in certain regards.
Old 07-19-2014, 11:09 AM   #131
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Even a 90's Honda civic can beat the FAT CAT with a good turbo set up there are civics that are running in the 9's point being the FAT CAT I think is overpriced for what you get , and that's my whole point it's cool but obese. For that price range if I was to purchase a new muscle car a 13-14 Shelby GT500 would be a much better choice , lighter (3850) , cheaper and at 662 Hp very similar performance out of the box around a track I'm sure the Shelby would be faster I just can't see that big boat cornering well. Let's see it takes Dodge 6.2 L to make 707 Hp and 650 lb-ft . and Ford 5.8 L to make 662 Hp and 631 lb-ft hmmm... I think Ford has the better engine. Anyways my mustang is a work in progress.
Lmao. There is no saving u man!
Old 07-19-2014, 11:14 AM   #132
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Yeah. It will be a beast in a 1/4 mile. But try and turn it...

People say the exact same sh*t about the Mustang right now. It's funny. Lol
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:18 AM   #133
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
People say the exact same sh*t about the Mustang right now. It's funny. Lol
Ha, your right. That is funny.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:09 PM   #134
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
You have some messed up logic....

As far as it being a Fat Cat, yes it's heavy. So is the Cadillac CTS-V2 and Camaro ZL1, guess what, they absolutely dominate any Mustang on a racetrack (not dragstrip). Will the Hellcat be amazing on the track, probably not, but it could be.

Go here - Top 100 Lap Records | Nürburgring Lap Times and search for a Ford, you will only find 1, the GT and it gets beat by the Z/28 and ZL1, not really beat, more like slaughtered.

So ... by this logic, a crappy car with aftermarket parts that is nearly undriveable on the street is better than a $60,000 car because the cheaper car is faster?

If that were the case, the 98-02 Fbody cars would be the greatest cars in the world. For less than $10,000 they will run 9's all day. Including the cost of the car. While still being driveable on the street.

Then you go on to claim that HP per L makes the best engine?

Hate to tell ya, but the Hellcat and Shelby both make 114 HP per L.

So if that's what makes a great engine, then the Honda S2000 with it's 120 hp per L, naturally aspirated is a better engine than either the 5.8 or 6.2 Hellcat. The Mazda Rotary made 255 hp from 1.3L or 196 hp per L, so it must be the greatest engine ever created.
I don't know about that Ish...
My stock engined New Edge has never been beat by a Challenger, a Cadillac CTS-V, or a GTO on an autocross course.
More horsepower won't help any of those cars.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 01:41 PM   #135
Registered Member
Regular

Had anyone noticed he has not commented back?

Old 07-19-2014, 01:56 PM   #136
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yes
Old 07-19-2014, 02:04 PM   #137
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

He raced for pinks lol
Old 07-19-2014, 02:35 PM   #138
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
I don't know about that Ish...
My stock engined New Edge has never been beat by a Challenger, a Cadillac CTS-V, or a GTO on an autocross course.
More horsepower won't help any of those cars.
Old 07-19-2014, 02:44 PM   #139
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry to BURST your bubble with the FAT CAT but the 13-14 Shelby GT 500 is severely underrated a pleasant surprise that I just discovered ACTUAL CRANK HP of the mighty Shelby is an astounding 715 HP , yes the 5.8 is a beast advantage FORD as usual.

Check out the link.

Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 underrated, dyno tests at 609 rwhp | Mustangs Daily
Old 07-19-2014, 02:46 PM   #140
Registered Member
Regular

Get off the mustangs nuts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion