2015 challenger hellcat 707 hp - Page 5 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-19-2014, 03:37 PM   #141
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
2015 challenger hellcat 707 hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
Sorry to BURST your bubble with the FAT CAT but the 13-14 Shelby GT 500 is severely underrated a pleasant surprise that I just discovered ACTUAL CRANK HP of the mighty Shelby is an astounding 715 HP , yes the 5.8 is a beast advantage FORD as usual.

Check out the link.

Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 underrated, dyno tests at 609 rwhp | Mustangs Daily
Lolz he said "Mighty Shelby." Get off your knees already and mouth off the tailpipe.

By bringing up that the GT500 actually is putting out 715hp you just brought up the fact that the GT500 does a quarter slower than a "weaker" Hell Cat.

Gt500 bone stock tires 11.5s
Hell Cat bone stock tires 11.2s

You are losing in virtually all your arguments.

And I really don't understand your obsession with this whole "if I install a turbo and crank up the boost to 300psi" or "shoot 1,000 shot" then the hell cat ain't shiit.

Well guess what if someone can afford $70-80k they can afford the same thing you do to your "Mighty" Shelby which is apparently slower to begin with anyway.

Talking to you is like playing the numbers game with a kid...

Kid #1: My bike is faster than your bike like 10 times

Kid Gladiatoro: No my bike is faster than your bike by 10 times plus hundreds of thousands and one

Kid #1: My bike is faster than your's by 1 million

Kid Gladiatoro: No my bike is faster by an infinity and beyond plus Buzz Lightyears jet pack!

Kid #1: What the fk does that even mean???

Kid Gladiatoro: You're FAT!!!
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2014, 04:04 PM   #142
Registered Member
Regular

Lmfao hahaha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 04:11 PM   #143
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
I don't know about that Ish...
My stock engined New Edge has never been beat by a Challenger, a Cadillac CTS-V, or a GTO on an autocross course.
More horsepower won't help any of those cars.
Put a professional driver in your car and then the others and your car will likely be a good bit slower...

Quote:
Sorry to BURST your bubble with the FAT CAT but the 13-14 Shelby GT 500 is severely underrated a pleasant surprise that I just discovered ACTUAL CRANK HP of the mighty Shelby is an astounding 715 HP , yes the 5.8 is a beast advantage FORD as usual.

Check out the link.

Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 underrated, dyno tests at 609 rwhp | Mustangs Daily
So .. let's add this up ....

Shelby makes more power and weighs less, yet is still a good bit slower than the Hellcat...

Makes sense.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2014, 04:42 PM   #144
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Lolz he said "Mighty Shelby." Get off your knees already and mouth off the tailpipe.

By bringing up that the GT500 actually is putting out 715hp you just brought up the fact that the GT500 does a quarter slower than a "weaker" Hell Cat.

Gt500 bone stock tires 11.5s
Hell Cat bone stock tires 11.2s

You are losing in virtually all your arguments.

And I really don't understand your obsession with this whole "if I install a turbo and crank up the boost to 300psi" or "shoot 1,000 shot" then the hell cat ain't shiit.

Well guess what if someone can afford $70-80k they can afford the same thing you do to your "Mighty" Shelby which is apparently slower to begin with anyway.

Talking to you is like playing the numbers game with a kid...

Kid #1: My bike is faster than your bike like 10 times

Kid Gladiatoro: No my bike is faster than your bike by 10 times plus hundreds of thousands and one

Kid #1: My bike is faster than your's by 1 million

Kid Gladiatoro: No my bike is faster by an infinity and beyond plus Buzz Lightyears jet pack!

Kid #1: What the fk does that even mean???

Kid Gladiatoro: You're FAT!!!

So FAT CAT stock tires 11.2 / Shelby 11.5 stock tires that is very very close considering the Shelby is much cheaper than the FATCAT the money you save would surely beat that minor margin of .3 by a MASSIVE AMOUNT try like 1 second , advantage FORD as usual. And it's highly unlikely the FAT CAT can reach 200 mph heck it will be lucky to reach 170 with it's obese nature.

Looks like the next gen Shelby is already being tested HAIL TO THE NEW KING though it is unlikely that it will produce 700+ Hp like the current Shelby .

Spied: 2015-2016 Shelby GT350R Testing @ Nürburgring | AmericanMuscle.com Mustang Blog

ps gladiatoro isn't FAT he is slim and trim just like the SHELBY lol....
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:53 PM   #145
Registered Member
Regular

Are you still talking ?

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 01:15 PM   #146
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
So FAT CAT stock tires 11.2 / Shelby 11.5 stock tires that is very very close considering the Shelby is much cheaper than the FATCAT the money you save would surely beat that minor margin of .3 by a MASSIVE AMOUNT try like 1 second , advantage FORD as usual. And it's highly unlikely the FAT CAT can reach 200 mph heck it will be lucky to reach 170 with it's obese nature.

Looks like the next gen Shelby is already being tested HAIL TO THE NEW KING though it is unlikely that it will produce 700+ Hp like the current Shelby .

Spied: 2015-2016 Shelby GT350R Testing @ Nürburgring | AmericanMuscle.com Mustang Blog

ps gladiatoro isn't FAT he is slim and trim just like the SHELBY lol....

Dude really get off the mustang dick. We all love stangs that's why we are on here but pay respect where it is due the hellcat is a great peace of engineering.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
badsheep5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 01:57 PM   #147
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
It's the 70s all over again! Bigger and heavier and more power and...

Ford or Dodge or GM, 700+HP is just nuts. Nice to look at, but no way would I want to drive a car that basically has a toggle switch for a throttle in any sort of traffic.
JOberlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 03:28 PM   #148
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsheep5.0 View Post
Dude really get off the mustang dick. We all love stangs that's why we are on here but pay respect where it is due the hellcat is a great peace of engineering.

I never said the hellcat was not a great peace of engineering which it is
I just said it was fat/obese which it is too , it does look cool though I must admit .
Old 07-21-2014, 11:08 AM   #149
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
People won't always dissect what you said. Even if you didn't specifically type the words, it's left to interpretation of the reader. Statistics show that typed words typically only get 30% of the message across, due to lack of human body language, pitch/tone of your voice, lack of eye contact, etc.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:12 PM   #150
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall View Post
People won't always dissect what you said. Even if you didn't specifically type the words, it's left to interpretation of the reader. Statistics show that typed words typically only get 30% of the message across, due to lack of human body language, pitch/tone of your voice, lack of eye contact, etc.

^ somebody get this man a beer +100

Sent from my LG-E980 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:33 PM   #151
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I never said the hellcat was not a great peace of engineering which it is
I just said it was fat/obese which it is too , it does look cool though I must admit .
Lol no you didn't say it wasn't a great piece of engineering. You just say that the Hell Cat is FAT CAT, will lose to even a 90s blown civic, will lose to a Shelby GT500 once you do all sorts of stuff to it, and that your 3v can beat it to hell once you add all this and that and do whatnot to your car.

Its so amazingly stupid and bull headed to make all these assumptions that everything will be able to beat the Hell Cat if they did some performance mods but you never considered that the Hell Cat will likewise be able to make upgrades too.

Shiit even I can pummel the shiit out of the heavyweight champion of the world if he doesn't hit back. There will be modded Hell Cats out there.

You argue like my 5yo nephew but at least he has more common sense. Lol
Old 07-21-2014, 04:34 PM   #152
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Lol no you didn't say it wasn't a great piece of engineering. You just say that the Hell Cat is FAT CAT, will lose to even a 90s blown civic, will lose to a Shelby GT500 once you do all sorts of stuff to it, and that your 3v can beat it to hell once you add all this and that and do whatnot to your car.

Its so amazingly stupid and bull headed to make all these assumptions that everything will be able to beat the Hell Cat if they did some performance mods but you never considered that the Hell Cat will likewise be able to make upgrades too.

Shiit even I can pummel the shiit out of the heavyweight champion of the world if he doesn't hit back. There will be modded Hell Cats out there.

You argue like my 5yo nephew but at least he has more common sense. Lol
I get it you like the Hell Cat , good for you go buy one then if you like it that much , sure you can upgrade the Hell Cat no doubt people will do it it's the nature of the beast people always want more power my point was I would rather buy a 2014 Shelby for 60 k vs 80 k for the Hell Cat the money you save
could be put towards upgrading the Shelby to unbelievable performance that the FAT CAT could only dream of and still come in at the same price point.

Now even your 5 year old nephew would understand that logic no... lol...

Old 07-21-2014, 05:26 PM   #153
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Your PM space is full...
Un-fulled lol
Old 07-21-2014, 06:12 PM   #154
Registered Member
Regular

^ "dun dun dun duuuuuun" lmao

Black 2008 GT "to punish and enslave" edition
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:22 PM   #155
Registered Member
Regular

I'm headed out for Asian food, anyone else?

Old 07-21-2014, 09:08 PM   #156
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I would rather buy a 2014 Shelby for 60 k vs 80 k for the Hell Cat the money you save could be put towards upgrading the Shelby to unbelievable performance that the FAT CAT could only dream of and still come in at the same price point.
Would you please stop claiming the Hellcat is a $70-80k ride ... The MSRP starts at $59,995. Assuming you can get one at that price...

The Shelby starts at $55,110.

For the price difference the Shelby could be modded to be a bit faster. However, the Challenger will always ride better, have more room, have a nicer interior, look better to most people and likely have a much higher resale value.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:37 PM   #157
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
Put a professional driver in your car and then the others and your car will likely be a good bit slower...

So .. let's add this up ....

Shelby makes more power and weighs less, yet is still a good bit slower than the Hellcat...

Makes sense.

There is a guy with a GTO that I've seen at multiple autocrosses. I run better times than him in the Bullitt.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:01 PM   #158
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
There is a guy with a GTO that I've seen at multiple autocrosses. I run better times than him in the Bullitt.

I have no doubt that you do..

I've personally laid the smackdown on several Vipers, Porsches, Ferraris, Vettes, etc, in my old Mazdaspeed MX5 on an autocross course. I sure as hell didn't beat those cars, I beat the drivers.

Autocross really comes down to the driver. Put the greatest driver in the world in a Prius and an average driver in an Atom V8, Caterham, Porsche GT3, Enzo, Mclaren, etc .. The Prius will win.

Autocross shouldn't be used on a car vs car basis unless cars are timed with the same person driving.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:04 PM   #159
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
I have no doubt that you do..

I've personally laid the smackdown on several Vipers, Porsches, Ferraris, Vettes, etc, in my old Mazdaspeed MX5 on an autocross course. I sure as hell didn't beat those cars, I beat the drivers.

Autocross really comes down to the driver. Put the greatest driver in the world in a Prius and an average driver in an Atom V8, Caterham, Porsche GT3, Enzo, Mclaren, etc .. The Prius will win.

Autocross shouldn't be used on a car vs car basis unless cars are timed with the same person driving.

Yea same day my friends stock S2K beat my fastest lap on his slowest lap. (I need tires). I ran the same times as a Maserati that day, but he was probably more comfy and had the top down while running lol. I was pretty close behind the 08 GT500 that was there also.

HID end all thread
Old 07-21-2014, 10:11 PM   #160
Registered Member
Regular

I would highly advise you beg your friend to run his S2K once ... those cars are glorious... above 6,000 rpm.

I was actually in the market to buy an S2k a few years ago .. ended up with a 93 Talon .. how does that happen?? Haha.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:29 PM   #161
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
I would highly advise you beg your friend to run his S2K once ... those cars are glorious... above 6,000 rpm.

I was actually in the market to buy an S2k a few years ago .. ended up with a 93 Talon .. how does that happen?? Haha.

Yea I got a ride along on his first lap, and I could already tell that it handles better than my car. The front end doesn't wash out as easily.

HID end all thread
Old 07-21-2014, 10:39 PM   #162
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I've never liked chrysler since I grasped the concept of cars, beyond the exterior. Worse than that, I think the challenger is one of the biggest wastes of metal being built.

I also love the 2011-2014 Mustang. Some of the BEST value one can get in a vehicle, in any trim.

BUT. This thread makes me think more highly of chryslers, and like the Mustang a little less :/

searching; seriously, someone else has probably asked before.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:33 AM   #163
Registered Member
Regular

As much as you don't want to, you do have to respect what the crazy guys at Dodge are trying to do. GM, well, the Camaro is a Camaro. It's always going to be a castrated version of their real sportscar. What killed it for me was the video game over-boosted steering and the visibility from hell.
JOberlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:36 AM   #164
Registered Member
Regular

I don't understand this war why do people hate on other American muscle I understand liking one more then the other but there is no since of becoming so attached that your arguments become so dumb as they have on this page. The hall car is fat yes .... But so are mustangs they have fat asses (even though sexy ) considering with know mustang there would be no challenger or camaro we should expect that all grounds are pretty even and the horse power game will continue for who can push out the most

Old 07-22-2014, 12:48 AM   #165
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Would you please stop claiming the Hellcat is a $70-80k ride ... The MSRP starts at $59,995. Assuming you can get one at that price...

The Shelby starts at $55,110.

For the price difference the Shelby could be modded to be a bit faster. However, the Challenger will always ride better, have more room, have a nicer interior, look better to most people and likely have a much higher resale value.
Good luck buying a Hell Cat for 60k NOT going to happen typical price inflation of a new vehicle entry that's " desirable " try more like my figure 70-80 k maybe that's a BIG maybe in a few years you could get one for 60 k for a plain jane , the old supply and demand economics at work. So my points are valid the money you save would make the Shelby a BEAST no question even 10 k would make the SUPERCHARGER whine like HELL try in the neighborhood of 800 RWHP .

The Hell Cat would be a distant memory in your rear view mirror ....
And as for the Hell Cat having much higher resale value than a SHELBY common do you realize what classic Shelby's go for HUGE $$$$ in the long
run the Shelby would be a much better investment due to it's " PEDIGREE" FACT.

Old 07-22-2014, 01:11 AM   #166
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Good luck buying a Hell Cat for 60k NOT going to happen typical price inflation of a new vehicle entry that's " desirable " try more like my figure 70-80 k maybe that's a BIG maybe in a few years you could get one for 60 k for a plain jane , the old supply and demand economics at work. So my points are valid the money you save would make the Shelby a BEAST no question even 10 k would make the SUPERCHARGER whine like HELL try in the neighborhood of 800 RWHP .

The Hell Cat would be a distant memory in your rear view mirror ....
And as for the Hell Cat having much higher resale value than a SHELBY common do you realize what classic Shelby's go for HUGE $$$$ in the long
run the Shelby would be a much better investment due to it's " PEDIGREE" FACT.

We get it is Carroll Shelby was alive today you would take a hot load to the face. Yes classic Shelby's are worth a **** load but then again a classic car is worth a pretty penny no matter what supply and demand buddy. ..... But any way why are you worried about a investment when it come to cars even more so a 700 horsepower on these machines are built to be driven not to be placed in a garage for the how did you put it "pedigree"

Old 07-22-2014, 06:02 AM   #167
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Watch the offensive posts and slander folks. This thread is close to being shut down.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:05 AM   #168
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Watch the offensive posts and slander folks. This thread is close to being shut down.
Please?

searching; seriously, someone else has probably asked before.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:11 AM   #169
Registered Member
Regular

HR dept could be contacted at any time. Who's got a copy of the Union rules?

Old 07-22-2014, 09:21 AM   #170
Registered Member
Regular

Mods don't use the word please around here there word is law ( for some people you gotta flex your power where you have it) anyway on a lighter note back to the topic at hand and that is that the first big upgrade for the gt500 is a kenne bell twin screw supercharger. The hellcat already has that. If you do the same mods to both, the hellcat will always win... there truly is no replacement for displacement. I'll give you that the cobra being a little lighter gives it a little more get up and go but in end it's all about displacement

Old 07-22-2014, 09:25 AM   #171
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Like I said before personal attack are un called for no matter how much you " love " the FAT CAT lol....
Old 07-22-2014, 09:32 AM   #172
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Like I said before personal attack are un called for no matter how much you " love " the FAT CAT lol....

Don't love the hell cat just don't like ignorant people it sucks that people can't have a conversation about a new product weather it be Ford or Chevy or Chrysler without ignorant people stepping in to bash said product.

Old 07-22-2014, 09:39 AM   #173
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Hey, Gladiator, or whatever, if you can make the GT500 better than the Hellcat with all the money you save, does that mean if I buy a 1972 VW SuperBeetle, or a 1999 Miata, or a 1969 240z, or a 1980 Corolla and spend the $50,000 I saved dropping in a 402ci LSx/Whipple/T56magnum and a full road race suspension, that I have a valid car for this argument?

The Hellcat is a fine piece of engineering... regardless of whether or not your precious Ford Motor Company made it. Just appreciate the fact that we all get to witness, and some might even be lucky enough to partake in, a modern American muscle shootout.

Anyone can upgrade a vehicle to 1,000+ horsepower these days. The fact that domestic car manufacturers are putting them on showroom floors is awesome, no matter which showroom floor it's on. It is a good day to be a car guy (or girl, in Glad's case).

The only way to compare these cars is stock for stock. And bone-stock, the Hellcat beat yesteryear's GT500. Now that Ford knows what they are up against, I am sure they will push the envelope a little further. And the Camaro, I'm sure, will follow suit. We can't get all caught up saying what might happen if or when this or that upgrade is applied to this or that car. Chances are, if you do the same upgrades to both a GT500/Hellcat, that the Hellcat will still win.
DavidBoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:51 AM   #174
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
The Hellcat is a fine piece of engineering... regardless of whether or not your precious Ford Motor Company made it or not. Just appropriate the fact that we all get to witness, and some might even be lucky enough to partake in, a modern American muscle shootout.

Anyone can upgrade a vehicle to 1,000+ horsepower these days. The fact that domestic car manufacturers are putting them on showroom floors is awesome, no matter which showroom floor it's on. It is a good day to be a car guy (or girl, in Glad's case).

Competition and always trying to be the fastest between the Big Three, and I'll even through AMC in there during the 60s and 70s gave us some awesome cars. That was also when each manufacturer had many more cars to pick from as well as motors/equipment for each, and they all had their own visual identity, even within brand names. Although I was too young to drive, those were great times to grow up in. It's good to see a little of that happening again between the manufacturers.

GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:57 AM   #175
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
Competition and always trying to be the fastest between the Big Three, and I'll even through AMC in there during the 60s and 70s gave us some awesome cars. That was also when each manufacturer had many more cars to pick from as well as motors/equipment for each, and they all had their own visual identity, even within brand names. Although I was too young to drive, those were great times to grow up in. It's good to see a little of that happening again between the manufacturers.

Thank you I did not grow up in those times but would have loved to

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion