2015 challenger hellcat 707 hp - Page 7 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-22-2014, 09:11 PM   #211
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
I always pop it in to sportshift and floor it. One time in crowded traffic one would get back up to me, and glare at me, that happened about 4 times before I just switched lanes to directly in front of it.

I alway forget that your car has a ***** stick

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
badsheep5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2014, 12:32 AM   #212
Road Trip!

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Ok... I'm sold!

Anything that uses that much fuel has got to be making some good power!

Lol than my 2v is a nascar race car
MyLilPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:45 AM   #213
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Ok... I'm sold!

Anything that uses that much fuel has got to be making some good power!
😔 I'm a slow poke. I get 19.2mpg ATM lol

Its ok I'll leave F&F to the young & dangerous
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2014, 11:01 AM   #214
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Here's another article about the Hellcat. It talks a little more about the handling characteristics of this beast. They defend its boat-like nature by saying it's a muscle car, and doesn't pretend to be anything else. It has a 57/43 front-rear weight split. So it has a tendency to under-steer. But they say it is very predictable and stable through the corners.

Link:
https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motora...132743182.html
DavidBoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:07 AM   #215
Registered Member
Regular

Side note, a lot of these articles on the interwebs mention the test track in Portland (OR), and I am very happy to say that I was lucky enough to get to see that car. The car in the videos and magazines is the same car I took pictures of with my phone.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:51 AM   #216
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
Here's another article about the Hellcat. It talks a little more about the handling characteristics of this beast. They defend its boat-like nature by saying it's a muscle car, and doesn't pretend to be anything else. It has a 57/43 front-rear weight split. So it has a tendency to under-steer. But they say it is very predictable and stable through the corners.

Link:
https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motora...132743182.html

It is a cool feeling huh I was talk to a coworker who is part of the challenger club he said they tested all day then cleaned it up for the show we were at

Old 07-23-2014, 12:30 PM   #217
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
The new LT4 DI SUPERCHARGED engine destined for the new Camaro ZL1 , very likely ....
The FAT CAT better watch out.

LT4 Engine's Chief Engineer Hints More Power Is Coming - EngineLabs[COLOR="Silver"]
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:32 PM   #218
Registered Member
Regular

New ZL1 spied.

Next-Gen 2016 Chevrolet Camaro Spied for the First Time - Motor Trend[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------
Old 07-23-2014, 12:43 PM   #219
Registered Member
Regular

Chevys new BEAST LSX 454R naturally aspirated and rated at 770 Hp

LSX 454R Crate Engine - Race Engine | Chevrolet
Old 07-23-2014, 01:03 PM   #220
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
Chevys new BEAST LSX 454R naturally aspirated and rated at 770 Hp

LSX 454R Crate Engine - Race Engine | Chevrolet
Good luck putting it in a production car. Needs 110 octane minimum (race fuel).
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 01:09 PM   #221
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah that's just a race engine albeit very impressive it is , but the new LT4 is NO JOKE I predict 708 Hp for the new ZL1 Camaro.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:30 PM   #222
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the links, Glad. This new-age pony car war is getting exciting. We live in a good day. And these cars are all just going to get better with aftermarket support. Just think, all these 600+hp engines still have all the emissions crap on them. Yessir, we have a lot to look forward to as people start opening these things up.
Old 07-23-2014, 04:16 PM   #223
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks for the links, Glad. This new-age pony car war is getting exciting. We live in a good day. And these cars are all just going to get better with aftermarket support. Just think, all these 600+hp engines still have all the emissions crap on them. Yessir, we have a lot to look forward to as people start opening these things up.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:40 PM   #224
Registered Member
Regular

Is Ford getting ready to announce a 750 HP SVT Mustang? | HorsepowerKings.com
Old 07-23-2014, 09:43 PM   #225
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

FYI - http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/show...ting-2428.html
Clink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:37 PM   #226
Registered Member
Regular

The next SVT will be plenty fast 650+ hp. It doesn't even have to match the 707 Hp , this platform is all about handling and being fast in every way, not just straight lines. Due to it's MASSIVE weight advantage the FAT CAT will not have a chance in HELL to compete either in a straight line or / especially in corners. Plus the new chassis will be able to put the power to the ground a much more rigid foundation to build on.

On the other hand If Ford doesn't build a 750HP SVT S550 than the 13/14 GT500 goes down as the MOST POWERFUL mustang ever. If they do put the Trinity motor In the S550 all it needs is a pulley and a tune to get to 750HP.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:43 PM   #227
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
This thread is full of lols, FULL of e-peening and interwebs racers. Seems to be staying on topic for the most part though. Although it is laughable at all the hate, I think if anyone in here had the opportunity to own a Hellcat they'd jump on it like Ricky Lake on some Steak Umms.

And as I stated before and will state again, this thing (the Hellcat) has an auto option. At these power levels nobody seems to be talking about how the stick becomes a liability in a drag race and IIRC the Mustang and the Camaro are stick only for the ZL1 and GT500 correct? Just reading a little on the Hellcat site about the customizeable launch control and manual shift point inputs is enough to get me all hot and bothered.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:57 PM   #228
Road Trip!

2015 challenger hellcat 707 hp

In before manual nut swingers
Old 07-23-2014, 11:03 PM   #229
Registered Member

Regular

You guys wait till I turbo my 3.7!!!! AND it has the far superior MANual transmission!!!!!

!!!

!
Cise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:26 PM   #230
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cise View Post
You guys wait till I turbo my 3.7!!!! AND it has the far superior MANual transmission!!!!!

!!!

!

You wait until your turbo is building boost and the auto guy never left boost since he put his foot down lol
Old 07-23-2014, 11:29 PM   #231
Registered Member
Regular

As The Author of this thread

Here's what counts

Ford better get their act together
Now that the Boss is gone and can be picked up for pennys
compared to the sicko dealer premium upcharges that were tacked on to its inital offering. i saw a 2013 brand new SEGA BOSS asking $75,000 at the dealer last year

There are many that will buy a used Boss then this new James bond version of the 2015 Mustang. 435 HP , Big FN deal.

500 HP in A Standard GT is a must for this cars survival
now that the 505 HP Z / 28 and the 485 HP scat pak challengers are on board.

IRS and relocated cup holders arent gonna save The Mustang from extinction with American consumers wanting MORE HP.

2016 Mustangs with much more HP will be the only insurance policy to keep the car alive . Congradulations to Dodge for uping the ante on the wish list.

A 435 HP GT is a Joke
TrackPak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:40 PM   #232
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLilPony View Post
You wait until your turbo is building boost and the auto guy never left boost since he put his foot down lol

Well that sarcasm went over your head
Cise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:18 AM   #233
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cise View Post
Well that sarcasm went over your head

Lol yeah it did
Old 07-24-2014, 02:24 AM   #234
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackPak View Post

Here's what counts

compared to the sicko dealer premium upcharges that were tacked on to its inital offering. i saw a 2013 brand new SEGA BOSS asking $75,000 at the dealer last year

There are many that will buy a used Boss then this new James bond version of the 2015 Mustang. 435 HP , Big FN deal.

IRS and relocated cup holders arent gonna save The Mustang from extinction with American consumers wanting MORE HP.

2016 Mustangs with much more HP will be the only insurance policy to keep the car alive . Congradulations to Dodge for uping the ante on the wish list.

A 435 HP GT is a Joke
Lol.
Everyone seems to forget about the CobraJet. It can break into the 9's with only 425 hp.
You can buy one from your local dealership and it is a factory built car. I know that it isn't street legal, but, if you lump it into the "We'll build it if you can pay for it" cars that the factories are offering nowadays, well, IT WINS!
In the quarter mile anyway...
And it IS possible to get one registered to drive on the street... In CA anyway.

It's fun to watch what the American automakers can come up with while competing with each other. It is a little reminiscent of the 60's but, then, it was no joke.. The big "four" all had factory sponsored race teams and it was serious business back then. Ever since the factories stopped formally racing, they just wait and see what the other guy introduces, and, if they feel like it (or can!), introduce a more powerful version of their own product for the next model year. So technically, Ford has the upper hand at the moment... Chrysler and GM have shown their cards... Now it's Fords turn.
I'd kind of like to see a Hurricane/Boss platform "777" shoehorned into the '15. It would be like the old "big block" days again.
The Boss 429.
And a naturally aspirated 700 hp engine would make all of us Mustang guys happy!
It is a great time to be an American car fan!
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:59 AM   #235
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackPak View Post

Here's what counts

A 435 HP GT is a Joke
One thing Mustang has going in it's favor is it's loyal following. Lets remember, the Mustang NEVER stopped production. The Challenger came, the Challenger left, and now its back. Why? Because the Camaro and Mustang HP fever is going again, and the Challenger wants back in.

What this does for folks like us is get the engineers all hot and bothered, so they tweek and re-design to become king. We benefit.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:38 AM   #236
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
I've said many times, THIS is the golden age of horsepower, not the "muscle car era". The Mustang will remain competitive, we just have to see what Ford is going to do. You really can't go wrong no matter which way you go IMO.

And as far as 435hp being pitiful, it isn't all about power. There are a LOT of cars making huge power that will get their *** just handed to them by a car making 400-500 at the tires because they don't have as good a total package as the next guy.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:59 AM   #237
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
What is the criteria to meet the number of "a LOT of cars", and I would like to see the entire list please?

K thx bye.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:46 AM   #238
Registered Member
Regular

Why are all of these cars gigantic? That's what I want to know. They, Chrysler, said that the new Challengers took a lot of styling from the 1970's version... just at a 6:5 scale. Why? Even the new smaller, sleeker chassis the Camaro is being set on is a 3500# frame from a four door luxury sedan. I am a fan of stuffing as much engine into as little of a car that can hold it. To be honest, I would be really happy to see a 2016 fox body. I think that coupes that are the same size as sedans are just silly. The Challenger is literally within 2" of being the same size as the four door Charger in every measurable direction. Once again, why?
Old 07-24-2014, 10:13 AM   #239
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Why are all of these cars gigantic? That's what I want to know. They, Chrysler, said that the new Challengers took a lot of styling from the 1970's version... just at a 6:5 scale. Why? Even the new smaller, sleeker chassis the Camaro is being set on is a 3500# frame from a four door luxury sedan. I am a fan of stuffing as much engine into as little of a car that can hold it. To be honest, I would be really happy to see a 2016 fox body. I think that coupes that are the same size as sedans are just silly. The Challenger is literally within 2" of being the same size as the four door Charger in every measurable direction. Once again, why?

Frame? Bro unibody

Old 07-24-2014, 10:13 AM   #240
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

Quote:

Comparitively, Every year these cars get heavier, due to increasingly more strict safety and crash test requirements. It's all the additional air bags, and safety equipment they need to add on, that keeps making these cars so heavy. That's not ALL the reason for it, But it does contribute. Another reason might be for the everyday average buyer. People want room to move around in the car, and fit 4 people comfortably in a coupe. Don't ask me why, but a lot of these people are buying these cars as family haulers. If the trend continues, They'll need to keep upping the power every year, just to keep up with the increased weight! Lol

PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:17 AM   #241
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Because they built it on an existing frame/chassis; the Chrysler 300 I believe. This was done to keep the initial development costs down.

I heard that the reborn Baracuda was to have an "all new" platform, but now thats been shelved for awhile.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:20 AM   #242
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
Comparitively, Every year these cars get heavier, due to increasingly more strict safety and crash test requirements. It's all the additional air bags, and safety equipment they need to add on, that keeps making these cars so heavy. That's not ALL the reason for it, But it does contribute. Another reason might be for the everyday average buyer. People want room to move around in the car, and fit 4 people comfortably in a couple. Don't ask me why, but a lot of these people are buying these cars as family haulers. If the trend continues, They'll need to keep upping the power every year, just to keep up with the increased weight! Lol

My back seat is used for nothing oh wait my cd case is back there people really never sit back there if they do most of them ***** about it. Davidboren has been one

Old 07-24-2014, 11:03 AM   #243
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
I've said many times, THIS is the golden age of horsepower, not the "muscle car era". The Mustang will remain competitive, we just have to see what Ford is going to do. You really can't go wrong no matter which way you go IMO.

And as far as 435hp being pitiful, it isn't all about power. There are a LOT of cars making huge power that will get their *** just handed to them by a car making 400-500 at the tires because they don't have as good a total package as the next guy.

You are correct sir something I'm beginning to realize more and more.

Old 07-24-2014, 11:54 AM   #244
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:

Went to a car show last year and a guy had both of his parked next to one another. I snapped a few pictures just showing how the new one towers over the old. Even more noticeable in person. The '70 looks like a toy next to the '10.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1406220758.747470.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	833.6 KB
ID:	162162

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1406220773.093246.jpg
Views:	2409
Size:	701.8 KB
ID:	162163

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1406220785.799376.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	668.0 KB
ID:	162164

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 11:59 AM   #245
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I'm still amazed at how different the new Challenger looks from the old one ... yet it looks very similar.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion