2015 challenger hellcat 707 hp - Page 9 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-28-2014, 10:59 PM   #281
Registered Member
Regular
 
DallasStang77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,842
2015 challenger hellcat 707 hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
I, too, am curious to see what Ford comes up with to compete in today's pony car war. But that is a discussion for a different thread.
Don't let anyone dictate what you can or cannot talk about especially in relation to competition with the Hell Cat which the SVT is. Jus cuz this thread is about the Hell Cat it doesn't mean you can't talk about its rivals. Dave just speak away all you want about the Hell Cat or the Charger or the 15 GT or what makes a car a muscle car or not cuz in the grand scheme of things its all a healthy discussion evolved from the talks about the Hell Cat.

Really Jesus H. Christ the majority of us are grown *** adults. If we can't be trusted to take opposing opinions in strides then we should just crawl back into the bubble and nurse on our mama's titty.

You don't grow from conformity. You don't improve from uniformity. America was a land of people who believed in Manifest Destiny and that thru hardship and overwhelming odds we begot our sense of national order and pride. We don't fukking back down from adversity. We overcome it either thru conquering the obstacles or by realizing the need for improvement or innovation.

Now we snivel over the fact that there's some clashing in words and points of views. Grow up. We can argue. That's not the point. At the end of the day those arguments don't mean shiit as long as we 1.) Grow as individuals, and 2.) Become stronger and improve as a whole.

Which part of coddling someone's feelings would ever lead to the toughening of one's own being and lead to character building let alone building a community full of strong characters?

A puussy hurt dude will always fall short of a man that can take a beating and keep of ticking. Man up and sack up.

But of course oppression and sheer disregard for another's safety is in no way called for. But its a fine line. Grow some balls. When some one calls you a biitch it doesn't mean you should feel like you lost your manhood.

So yeah this is a thread about the Hell Cat but the Hell Cat is not an island all into itself. Having a rival such as the Mustang or the Camaro or even the GTR does nothing but bring a clearer sense of what the Hell Cat is.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-28-2014, 11:07 PM   #282
Registered Member
Regular
 
badsheep5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: the farm
Region: Other
Posts: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Don't let anyone dictate what you can or cannot talk about especially in relation to competition with the Hell Cat which the SVT is. Jus cuz this thread is about the Hell Cat it doesn't mean you can't talk about its rivals. Dave just speak away all you want about the Hell Cat or the Charger or the 15 GT or what makes a car a muscle car or not cuz in the grand scheme of things its all a healthy discussion evolved from the talks about the Hell Cat.

Really Jesus H. Christ the majority of us are grown *** adults. If we can't be trusted to take opposing opinions in strides then we should just crawl back into the bubble and nurse on our mama's titty.

You don't grow from conformity. You don't improve from uniformity. America was a land of people who believed in Manifest Destiny and that thru hardship and overwhelming odds we begot our sense of national order and pride. We don't fukking back down from adversity. We overcome it either thru conquering the obstacles or by realizing the need for improvement or renovation.

Now we snivel over the fact that there's some clashing in words and points of views. Grow up. We can argue. That's not the point. At the end of the day those arguments don't mean shiit as long as we 1.) Grow as individuals, and 2.) Become stronger and improve as a whole.

Which part of coddling someone's feelings would ever lead to the toughening of one's own being and lead to character building let alone building a community full of strong characters?

A puussy hurt dude will always fall short of a man that can take a beating and keep of ticking. Man up and sack up.

But of course oppression and sheer disregard for another's safety is in no way called for. But its a fine line. Grow some balls. When some one calls you a biitch it doesn't mean you should feel like you lost your manhood.

So yeah this is a thread about the Hell Cat but the Hell Cat is not an island all into itself. Having a rival such as the Mustang or the Camaro or even the GTR does nothing but bring a clearer sense of what the Hell Cat is.

+10000


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
badsheep5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:17 PM   #283
Registered Member
Regular
 
gladiatoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kelowna BC
Region: Canada
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Still going to beat your "vortech" 3v, as will a Bolton 5.0

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

You need to stop being a mustang nut swinger and give respect where it's due

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Yeah well it will still beat your nitrous 5.0 so don't fell too bad unless your
running in the 10's doubtful . But let's put it this way a lighter car is MUCH much easier ( and cheaper ) to make it go fast ................................ FACT. Look into
Newton and the law of gravity .

gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-28-2014, 11:26 PM   #284
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fender868's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Victoria
Region: Canada
Posts: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Don't let anyone dictate what you can or cannot talk about especially in relation to competition with the Hell Cat which the SVT is. Jus cuz this thread is about the Hell Cat it doesn't mean you can't talk about its rivals. Dave just speak away all you want about the Hell Cat or the Charger or the 15 GT or what makes a car a muscle car or not cuz in the grand scheme of things its all a healthy discussion evolved from the talks about the Hell Cat.

Really Jesus H. Christ the majority of us are grown *** adults. If we can't be trusted to take opposing opinions in strides then we should just crawl back into the bubble and nurse on our mama's titty.

You don't grow from conformity. You don't improve from uniformity. America was a land of people who believed in Manifest Destiny and that thru hardship and overwhelming odds we begot our sense of national order and pride. We don't fukking back down from adversity. We overcome it either thru conquering the obstacles or by realizing the need for improvement or innovation.

Now we snivel over the fact that there's some clashing in words and points of views. Grow up. We can argue. That's not the point. At the end of the day those arguments don't mean shiit as long as we 1.) Grow as individuals, and 2.) Become stronger and improve as a whole.

Which part of coddling someone's feelings would ever lead to the toughening of one's own being and lead to character building let alone building a community full of strong characters?

A puussy hurt dude will always fall short of a man that can take a beating and keep of ticking. Man up and sack up.

But of course oppression and sheer disregard for another's safety is in no way called for. But its a fine line. Grow some balls. When some one calls you a biitch it doesn't mean you should feel like you lost your manhood.

So yeah this is a thread about the Hell Cat but the Hell Cat is not an island all into itself. Having a rival such as the Mustang or the Camaro or even the GTR does nothing but bring a clearer sense of what the Hell Cat is.

I feel like everyone should read this before proceeding to these forums. Car dependent forums are a great place for like-minded individuals to talk and trade information. However, it also seems like it's become a place where talking about any other car is taboo. I love my car, but i swear ; some days , I think I'd rather sell it than to have anything in common with some of the close minded idiots I've met on here in the past. I think what makes the mustang so great is because it's a car that I chose because its designed to meet my tastes. If the camaro comes to embody the things that I want in a sports coupe, then il be driving a camaro. I love talking to the guys on here that own a 5.0 liter now, but have owned ls1/lt1 f bodies in the past or came from the jdm world because their opinion holds breadth of experience and an unbiased view of the mustang scene. Either way. Blind fanatic or casual ly proud owner, we should at least be able to hold a conversation online without acting like 8 years old arguing over who's dad can beat who's dad. It's pointless!


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:32 PM   #285
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fender868's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Victoria
Region: Canada
Posts: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
Yeah well it will still beat your nitrous 5.0 so don't fell too bad unless your
running in the 10's doubtful . But let's put it this way a lighter car is MUCH much easier ( and cheaper ) to make it go fast ................................ FACT. Look into
Newton and the law of gravity .


I think you meant Newton's second law of motion. Maybe you should look into it?


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:36 PM   #286
Registered Member
Regular
 
DallasStang77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
Yeah well it will still beat your nitrous 5.0 so don't fell too bad unless your
running in the 10's doubtful . But let's put it this way a lighter car is MUCH much easier ( and cheaper ) to make it go fast ................................ FACT. Look into
Newton and the law of gravity .

I can't recall if Rap ever stated his ET but I'm estimating he's at least 10.4-10.5s in the quarter mile.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:36 PM   #287
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Don't let anyone dictate what you can or cannot talk about especially in relation to competition with the Hell Cat which the SVT is. Jus cuz this thread is about the Hell Cat it doesn't mean you can't talk about its rivals. Dave just speak away all you want about the Hell Cat or the Charger or the 15 GT or what makes a car a muscle car or not cuz in the grand scheme of things its all a healthy discussion evolved from the talks about the Hell Cat.

Really Jesus H. Christ the majority of us are grown *** adults. If we can't be trusted to take opposing opinions in strides then we should just crawl back into the bubble and nurse on our mama's titty.

You don't grow from conformity. You don't improve from uniformity. America was a land of people who believed in Manifest Destiny and that thru hardship and overwhelming odds we begot our sense of national order and pride. We don't fukking back down from adversity. We overcome it either thru conquering the obstacles or by realizing the need for improvement or innovation.

Now we snivel over the fact that there's some clashing in words and points of views. Grow up. We can argue. That's not the point. At the end of the day those arguments don't mean shiit as long as we 1.) Grow as individuals, and 2.) Become stronger and improve as a whole.

Which part of coddling someone's feelings would ever lead to the toughening of one's own being and lead to character building let alone building a community full of strong characters?

A puussy hurt dude will always fall short of a man that can take a beating and keep of ticking. Man up and sack up.

But of course oppression and sheer disregard for another's safety is in no way called for. But its a fine line. Grow some balls. When some one calls you a biitch it doesn't mean you should feel like you lost your manhood.

So yeah this is a thread about the Hell Cat but the Hell Cat is not an island all into itself. Having a rival such as the Mustang or the Camaro or even the GTR does nothing but bring a clearer sense of what the Hell Cat is.
This sounds like a thread I'm currently on in FB on the MCA page, a major butthurt moderator is on that thread right now.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:41 PM   #288
Registered Member
Regular
 
DallasStang77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post
I think you meant Newton's second law of motion. Maybe you should look into it?


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Lol yeah... Law of Gravity would require a straight or eventually straight down acceleration or up if somehow a larger planet or black hole came with calamitous proximity of the earth it would fall straight up or towards that body.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 12:22 AM   #289
Registered Member
Regular
 
badsheep5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: the farm
Region: Other
Posts: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
This sounds like a thread I'm currently on in FB on the MCA page, a major butthurt moderator is on that thread right now.

What mustangz what other forums are you on this could get fun..... Buy mods some times get ban hammer happy if you don't say 100% true to the topic at least in the past I have seen this happen. But any way all this talk about the hell cat and everything I have forgotten to let every one know that Chevy is coming back out with a z/28 and it's supposed to back a little punch as well I don't know how much of a punch but I will be digging into this at some point in the week


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
badsheep5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:43 AM   #290
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
Yeah well it will still beat your nitrous 5.0 so don't fell too bad unless your
running in the 10's doubtful . But let's put it this way a lighter car is MUCH much easier ( and cheaper ) to make it go fast ................................ FACT. Look into
Newton and the law of gravity .

I will have a video as soon as I run into one.
from a roll she will not stand a chance, on the new setup.

Right now with mine all motor will be it's best bet.

Hopefully she will be low 9's with the auto swap, will not be a roll queen then, she is now though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:10 AM   #291
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
I will have a video as soon as I run into one.
from a roll she will not stand a chance, on the new setup.

Right now with mine all motor will be it's best bet.

Hopefully she will be low 9's with the auto swap, will not be a roll queen then, she is now though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Thought you were selling it? Saw a FS ad on the classifieds. Might be cost neutral to sell it and take the $$$ and turn around and buy an auto or if you can sell it fast enough, put the $$ towards a base 2014 auto before they are all gone. That's what I'd try if it were me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
Yeah well it will still beat your nitrous 5.0 so don't fell too bad unless your
running in the 10's doubtful . But let's put it this way a lighter car is MUCH much easier ( and cheaper ) to make it go fast ................................ FACT. Look into
Newton and the law of gravity .


Most built foxes and SN95s that are 9-10 second reliable cars are going to be $18-$20k in just the build, not even the body work or the cost of the car itself. Even a basic LS1 swapped RX7 is a $30k+ car if its nice.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:21 AM   #292
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
Giving it 2 months up for sale.
If it does not then I will finish my build. I have over 20k in the car already. I will not start over on a stock 5.0

The only thing stock that has not been rebuilt in my while drive train is the mt-82

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 07:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 AM ----------

* whole

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:23 AM   #293
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
I get bored quick, but 20k invested in the car in the last year in a half is alot, to start over with a stock car.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:25 AM   #294
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ish416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Winchester
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Most built foxes and SN95s that are 9-10 second reliable cars are going to be $18-$20k in just the build, not even the body work or the cost of the car itself. Even a basic LS1 swapped RX7 is a $30k+ car if its nice.
I would assume you are referring to an FD RX7 (third gen 1993-1995). If so, that wold be an accurate price.

However, my friend and I built an FC RX7 for around $10k. It ran 10's @ 130+ on motor and 9's @ 140+ on spray.

If you want an all around great performing car that doesn't cost a lot, build an FC with an LSx and T56. 2800 lbs of car, 400+ rwhp and rwtq.
__________________
99 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 M6 - 6.676 @ 103 in 1/8, 10.512 @ 130.2 on street tires, H/C/I
93 Eagle Talon TSI AWD 5spd - Built 6 Bolt, 16G Evo3, HKS 272 Cams - under construction
Ish416 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:58 AM   #295
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,606
Yeah I meant the FD. Ppl get all bent out of shape when someone suggests a FC for some reason. Yeah its 80s fabulous on the inside but on the outside they can be fixed up to look pretty damn nice with the widebody panels etc...

A real cool one is the FB with a 5.0 in it. That is DIRT cheap and fast if you can find a clean exploder motor to drop into it with a 150 shot or something.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:19 AM   #296
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Portland
Region: Oregon
Posts: 205
If people are posting pertinent comparisons, sure by all means, talk about other cars in relation to the Hellcat. The topic is "2015 challenger hellcat 707 hp"... just saying. All the manifest destiny, proud to be an American, I have the right to be wrong bull$#!+ aside, there are few things more annoying then when someone asks something in particular, and people chime in with $#!+ entirely off topic. I used to get this all the time on the Cadillac forums when asking for help modifying my v6 CTS. People thought they were so helpful saying "buy a Vee"... as if I hadn't known about the v8 CTS-V, and they were going to solve all my problems giving me an answer that has nothing to do with the question I had asked. I see it all the time on forums, and it's absolutely ridiculous. How hard is it to stay on topic? You are allowed, hell, encouraged even, to start a new thread about whatever you want. But until then, I am pretty sure that this particular thread is supposed to be about all things pertaining to the Hellcat.
DavidBoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:36 AM   #297
Registered Member
Regular
 
badsheep5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: the farm
Region: Other
Posts: 723
Setting at my desk working away and this gets dropped on my desk Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1406648145.330990.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	643.9 KB
ID:	162468 it comes with a track key like the boss 302 and a road key


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
badsheep5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:40 AM   #298
Registered Member
Regular
 
DallasStang77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,842
2015 challenger hellcat 707 hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
If people are posting pertinent comparisons, sure by all means, talk about other cars in relation to the Hellcat. The topic is "2015 challenger hellcat 707 hp"... just saying. All the manifest destiny, proud to be an American, I have the right to be wrong bull$#!+ aside, there are few things more annoying then when someone asks something in particular, and people chime in with $#!+ entirely off topic. I used to get this all the time on the Cadillac forums when asking for help modifying my v6 CTS. People thought they were so helpful saying "buy a Vee"... as if I hadn't known about the v8 CTS-V, and they were going to solve all my problems giving me an answer that has nothing to do with the question I had asked. I see it all the time on forums, and it's absolutely ridiculous. How hard is it to stay on topic? You are allowed, hell, encouraged even, to start a new thread about whatever you want. But until then, I am pretty sure that this particular thread is supposed to be about all things pertaining to the Hellcat.
You posted in the discussion section. The point is discussion about things that are pertinent to the topic at hand.

And all this manifest destiny bullshiit? Sounds like you have little to no respect for your own manhood being that if others don't conform to what you expect then you'll go and complain that they're not playing nice.

To quote Eddie Murphy in one of his stand up: "If you don't like it get the ____ out."

Oh yeah your post was off topic fyi
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:42 AM   #299
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Portland
Region: Oregon
Posts: 205
Even the latest Viper isn't going to compete with the Hellcat, as far as rwhp is concerned. And the Hellcat Hemi (6.2L V8) is just too big to fit in place of the Viper's 8.4L V10. Link:
CarBuzz: Must Read News About Cars. Latest Spy Shots, Hot Supercars, Amazing Tuners

Oh, and Dallas, you are absolutely right, I have no respect for my own manhood. You got me. Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... even if you win, you're still retarded.
DavidBoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:44 AM   #300
Registered Member
Regular
 
gladiatoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kelowna BC
Region: Canada
Posts: 771
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat First Drive - Motor Trend
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:45 AM   #301
Registered Member
Regular
 
gladiatoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kelowna BC
Region: Canada
Posts: 771
2016 Ford Mustang GT 350 testing on the Nürburgring
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:50 AM   #302
Registered Member
Regular
 
DallasStang77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,842
2015 challenger hellcat 707 hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
Even the latest Viper isn't going to compete with the Hellcat, as far as rwhp is concerned. And the Hellcat Hemi (6.2L V8) is just too big to fit in place of the Viper's 8.4L V10. Link:
CarBuzz: Must Read News About Cars. Latest Spy Shots, Hot Supercars, Amazing Tuners

Oh, and Dallas, you are absolutely right, I have no respect for my own manhood. You got me. Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... even if you win, you're still retarded.
Apparently true cuz ur last post still argued lol

Please stay on topic
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:00 AM   #303
Registered Member
Regular
 
gladiatoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kelowna BC
Region: Canada
Posts: 771
I would like to see the FAT CAT go around the Nurburgring and the time it posts , it surly won't hold a candle to the new high performance version of the S550 , looks like the new gt350 or it could possibly be the next gt500 is a 5.0 supercharged as the trinity motors have been discontinued and Ford is doing everything smaller , ecoboost and all . So what would a 5.0 with a twin roots supercharger produce ? 435 / 400 stock with forged internals from the factory 650 seems possible especially if it is DI injected like the new LT4 motor.
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:02 AM   #304
Registered Member
Regular
 
DallasStang77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,842
Hey glad the link for the gt350 isn't working. Thanks
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:08 AM   #305
Registered Member
Regular
 
gladiatoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kelowna BC
Region: Canada
Posts: 771
Works when I click on it.
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:26 AM   #306
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Portland
Region: Oregon
Posts: 205
The '16 SVT is eating up that track. I would love to see the battleship we call the USS Hellcat go around Nurburgring.
DavidBoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:37 AM   #307
Registered Member
Regular
 
gladiatoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kelowna BC
Region: Canada
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
The '16 SVT is eating up that track. I would love to see the battleship we call the USS Hellcat go around Nurburgring.


gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:59 AM   #308
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Portland
Region: Oregon
Posts: 205
I don't know why it took me so long to read about the 2015 Z/28... but goddamn. That is a beast. The Hellcat needs a Z/28-esque diet. I like how the Z/28 has a one speaker stereo system to save weight. But it pays off with a 7:37 Nurburgring time. That track is a world testing standard for vehicle performance... I wonder why Dodge didn't take the Hellcat over there for a lap or two.
DavidBoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 12:07 PM   #309
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
I don't know why it took me so long to read about the 2015 Z/28... but goddamn. That is a beast. The Hellcat needs a Z/28-esque diet. I like how the Z/28 has a one speaker stereo system to save weight. But it pays off with a 7:37 Nurburgring time. That track is a world testing standard for vehicle performance... I wonder why Dodge didn't take the Hellcat over there for a lap or two.
That's bc dodge has it right, and is more focused on straight line speed.
My 5.0 can't take a turn to save it's life, but will lay rubber up and down the other car next to it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 12:19 PM   #310
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
2015 challenger hellcat 707 hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
That's bc dodge has it right, and is more focused on straight line speed.
My 5.0 can't take a turn to save it's life, but will lay rubber up and down the other car next to it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

I wouldn't really say "has it right". If that was the case then why are F1, LeMans, GT1 and all those types if racing the most popular in the world? It's one thing to have a car that can go fast in a straight line, but having one that can lay rubber in a straight line as well as take corners at speed is a much better car IMO


Bullitts are better than Bullets
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:03 PM   #311
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
I wouldn't really say "has it right". If that was the case then why are F1, LeMans, GT1 and all those types if racing the most popular in the world? It's one thing to have a car that can go fast in a straight line, but having one that can lay rubber in a straight line as well as take corners at speed is a much better car IMO


Bullitts are better than Bullets
True. But most of the people buying the hellcat will be for straight line performance vs handling.

As myself and our crew out here we are all into the dig/roll race scene.
Which includes everything you can think about from 300hp turbo hatch ' s to 900+ hp vettes.

I just do not see the hellcat going for the handling group of people.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:07 PM   #312
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Portland
Region: Oregon
Posts: 205
Personally, I like curves. Straight lines are boring. You never get to use the steering wheel... you're just along for the ride. I like the illusion of being in control of the vehicle. Twisting through the corners is where I have the most fun. I think that the Hellcat needs to be tested on the worldwide standard, just for the sake of comparison.
DavidBoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:13 PM   #313
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
True. But most of the people buying the hellcat will be for straight line performance vs handling.

As myself and our crew out here we are all into the dig/roll race scene.
Which includes everything you can think about from 300hp turbo hatch ' s to 900+ hp vettes.

I just do not see the hellcat going for the handling group of people.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Yea you are right there most likely. I've only ever seen a few challengers at the Autocrosses I went to. And I usually ended up doing better than them. That was also before most of my suspension. Can't wait till after the coilovers (shocks/struts already ordered, will be ordering the rest of it within the next week or so)


Bullitts are better than Bullets
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 03:41 PM   #314
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Yea you are right there most likely. I've only ever seen a few challengers at the Autocrosses I went to. And I usually ended up doing better than them. That was also before most of my suspension. Can't wait till after the coilovers (shocks/struts already ordered, will be ordering the rest of it within the next week or so)


Bullitts are better than Bullets
Should make a big difference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 03:47 PM   #315
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Should make a big difference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Will also be upgrading brakes and getting an aluminum DS at the same time


Bullitts are better than Bullets
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat Ish416 General Car Discussion 14 05-20-2014 09:00 PM
Dodge Challenger Super Stock Concept JROC General Car Discussion 10 11-01-2006 09:53 PM
Dodge Challenger Official Seph General Car Discussion 22 01-19-2006 01:58 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



11:39 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.