Anyone else notice the prices increases at American Muscle? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-12-2014, 11:12 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Luna1994's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Salt Lake City
Region: Utah
Posts: 805
Anyone else notice the prices increases at American Muscle?

I was just looking at things online and noticed some prices went up. Like the gen 5 taillights


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Luna1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-13-2014, 04:22 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Luna1994's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Salt Lake City
Region: Utah
Posts: 805
I just thought it was weird


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Luna1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 04:27 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,253
There prices are always going up, they throw there 6% to make it look good.
If your serious about moding start looking at other places.
There is a few vendors on this site, they won't let them actually join for a reason. Bc they destroy AM in every way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-13-2014, 04:34 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Luna1994's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Salt Lake City
Region: Utah
Posts: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
There prices are always going up, they throw there 6% to make it look good.
If your serious about moding start looking at other places.
There is a few vendors on this site, they won't let them actually join for a reason. Bc they destroy AM in every way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Iv been looking at late model a lot lately


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Luna1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 04:48 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,253
They have a 6% also


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

There is also hypermotive performance. Jaymans company he also has 6%

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:59 PM   #6
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna1994 View Post
I was just looking at things online and noticed some prices went up. Like the gen 5 taillights
We very rarely change the price on an item. Gen5 Taillights pricing hasn't changed since right after the launch of the product. We are constantly running different sales and promotions so that could be what you're saying. The odds of an item actually going up on our site is very slim. However, it's possible in some scenarios. If this ever does happen I'd be happy to look further into it for you and get you an exact reason.

Are you looking at something in particular? If so, shoot me a PM and I'll gladly honor the last price you saw. Also, keep in mind we do offer free standard shipping, 6% discounts and price very competitively. If we're still not the cheapest option we do offer price matching! We don't offer a 6% discount to "make our prices look good". We offer this discount to only forums members for their support and what you guys to for this forum!

Hope this helps!

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:05 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular
 
Cise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
There prices are always going up, they throw there 6% to make it look good.
If your serious about moding start looking at other places.
There is a few vendors on this site, they won't let them actually join for a reason. Bc they destroy AM in every way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Except AM says they'll do their best to price match, which kinda trumps your argument.
Cise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:10 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cise View Post
Except AM says they'll do their best to price match, which kinda trumps your argument.
Lol. Except that the other place I mentioned will still beat that price. Oh and you can still use the discount code from them also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:14 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Luna1994's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Salt Lake City
Region: Utah
Posts: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
We very rarely change the price on an item. Gen5 Taillights pricing hasn't changed since right after the launch of the product. We are constantly running different sales and promotions so that could be what you're saying. The odds of an item actually going up on our site is very slim. However, it's possible in some scenarios. If this ever does happen I'd be happy to look further into it for you and get you an exact reason.

Are you looking at something in particular? If so, shoot me a PM and I'll gladly honor the last price you saw. Also, keep in mind we do offer free standard shipping, 6% discounts and price very competitively. If we're still not the cheapest option we do offer price matching! We don't offer a 6% discount to "make our prices look good". We offer this discount to only forums members for their support and what you guys to for this forum!

Hope this helps!

-Dan

I just checked and the taillights are back to 399. When I made this thread they were at 439



Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Luna1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 02:19 PM   #10
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna1994 View Post
I just checked and the taillights are back to 399. When I made this thread they were at 439
Ahh.. Yeah they must have been coming down off of a sale and on to another one or something. Glad to hear the price is back to normal!

Like I said above though, let me know if I can be of any assistance. I'll always go the extra mile to make sure you're in good shape!

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 02:32 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Terminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: California
Posts: 983
Sinister Mustang sells parts with 10% off an right now
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 02:35 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sterlingbeast5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Naples, FL
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,654
See my thread "Simply the best". JUST yesterday I had something come up. These guys worked with me a ton. Not going to get into all the details here but needless to say every time I have ever contacted them about anything they make good ASAP. Honestly the price is basically going to be the same anywhere for the most part they almost all price match. They all run sales and promo codes. The thing that has separated AM for me is the outstanding customer service and desire to make everyone as happy as possible. Trust me, I know from the work I am in, making consumers happy in America today is nearly impossible. Unless there is no other option for something i will always buy from AM. loyalty is a relationship and they have earned my trust and business.
__________________
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:31 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
DallasStang77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,842
Greedy bastards. Everyone is out to get the best deal possible for themselves but come on! Seriously!

Companies are deserving of making some money. They don't have to sell you parts at cost, below cost, or even at any discount to you.

This is called capitalism for a reason. They base their prices on supply and demand vs their cost. They will fluctuate the prices accordingly and if you don't like it then buy somewhere else.

Although Im not 100% thrilled about price matches that's offered, they will price match anything. That and the fact that AM provides some of the best service in the industry... any industry really.

They are my number one goto source for parts. Because despite the ***** that Dan, Alex, and the now gone Shane, they have all replied in the most respectful and courteous manner possible.

I repeat, if ya don't like the prices then either have them price match it or buy it somewhere else.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:26 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
JoeyM91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Shawnee
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,840
Agreed, I'll happily pay a little more at AM for a part knowing that if I have an issue I can get it handled without jumping through hoops to get someone on the phone.
__________________
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:41 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Luna1994's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Salt Lake City
Region: Utah
Posts: 805
I still love AM I was just curious about the price changes. There customer service is amazing


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Luna1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:28 AM   #16
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Thanks for all the compliments guys. We really appreciate that! We'll always do whatever we can to make sure you guys are happy with your order and satisfied with the product. I'm constantly bending over backwards on this forum for you guys and will continue to do so!

We appreciate your business and loyalty, greatly!

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:26 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
KamzGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Oakley
Region: California
Posts: 381
Anyone gotten the Eleanor louvers from anyone besides AM? I can't find else where, I was told at an event someone got em for 150 instead of 200 like on AM


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
KamzGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 01:27 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Steve96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Waterford
Region: Michigan
Posts: 2,386
AM is a great company. Like naplesstang said it is very tough to satisfy consumers in todays day in age. With so many competitors it is tough to keep prices in line but AM will always win with their exceptional customer service and quality merchandise.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
1996 GT
2003 GT
Follow on Instagram @manicmustangs
Follow on Instagram @steviesstangs
15% off waxgods.com use code: manic15
10% off toplabel.com use code: Manic10
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 07:17 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Savage_5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
We very rarely change the price on an item. Gen5 Taillights pricing hasn't changed since right after the launch of the product. We are constantly running different sales and promotions so that could be what you're saying. The odds of an item actually going up on our site is very slim. However, it's possible in some scenarios. If this ever does happen I'd be happy to look further into it for you and get you an exact reason.

Are you looking at something in particular? If so, shoot me a PM and I'll gladly honor the last price you saw. Also, keep in mind we do offer free standard shipping, 6% discounts and price very competitively. If we're still not the cheapest option we do offer price matching! We don't offer a 6% discount to "make our prices look good". We offer this discount to only forums members for their support and what you guys to for this forum!

Hope this helps!

-Dan

Am I missing some 6% off code? I've spend over $5,000 with y'all in the past month or so and been on this forum and never heard of anything like this. Lol.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2013 5.0 Premium. | H&R Super Sport Springs | 20" Black AMR Wheels | Roush Axle-Backs
Savage_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:33 AM   #20
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,589
Lol it's always brought up dude. If you spent $5k without the discount code then I feel a little bad for you... PM one of the AM reps to get it. AM also does military discounts but its the same 6% as the forum discount so that is whatevs. Most places do a 10% military discount... just sayin AM...
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:58 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Savage_5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Lol it's always brought up dude. If you spent $5k without the discount code then I feel a little bad for you... PM one of the AM reps to get it. AM also does military discounts but its the same 6% as the forum discount so that is whatevs. Most places do a 10% military discount... just sayin AM...

Lol. Oh well. Hopefully they pm me. If I didn't need it up to now then I guess I don't lol.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2013 5.0 Premium. | H&R Super Sport Springs | 20" Black AMR Wheels | Roush Axle-Backs
Savage_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:22 AM   #22
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,589
Yeah I guess lol. That's like $300 or so on $5k worth of purchases.... At any rate, AM is good, but they aren't the only game in town. For actual OEM or hard to find FIX parts for our cars I will always go to Mustang Parts | Performance & Restoration | Latemodel Restoration first.

Ford Mustang Parts | Mustang Parts & Accessories | CJ Pony Parts is another one as well as

Mustang Performance Parts - Brothers Performance - Free Shipping!

and there is always www.summitracing.com and

JEGS Performance Auto Parts - Holley - Billet Specialties - Edelbrock - MSD - Moroso - Mr Gasket - Free Shipping on All Orders @ JEGS as the old standbys

. And then of course, there is RockAuto Parts Catalog for all the basic routine maintenance needs.

Most of these offer discounts for forums or federal service, only one that does not is Summit but Summit's customer service (along with Jeg's) is the best I've ever seen, even better than AM. Last time AM messed up an order they shipped it UPS ground as soon as they saw the return tracking label. That is standard practice and good that they do it as fast as they do... however, last time Summit messed up an order they overnighted the correct part that showed up on my doorstep before 10AM the very next morning. THAT is how it should be done IMO. Would make **** ups more of a wallet hit and maybe promote a little more oversight on order quality control.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone else notice this? NicholasP 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 15 11-09-2012 01:18 AM
anyone notice the next hurricane name? Spark Plug The Bar 11 09-10-2008 09:07 PM
anyone else notice this? meteorachick The Bar 19 01-02-2008 09:56 AM
Does anybody else notice a difference in exhaust? DarkShadow Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 27 11-17-2005 04:22 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



01:25 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.