2015 Corvette Z06 pricing set.. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-22-2014, 05:54 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
2015 Corvette Z06 pricing set..

2015 Corvette Z06 (650HP) base price - $78,995

https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motora...122751052.html

Hyper car performance at a bargain price ... sign me up.

I think GM just killed the exotic car market in a single strike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2014, 06:08 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post

Well with demand mark-up you're probably looking more at 90ish fully loaded, unless you wait a bit.

That being said, the only comparable car you can get for 90 ish is a base GT-R. It won't kill exotics though, if you have the money for an exotic, the price of the vette doesn't really matter to you.
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:19 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You could get two Corvettes for the price on one Ferrari or Lamborghini.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2014, 07:27 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

You could, and it'd be a better bargain. But people with ferrari money aren't usually concerned with bargains.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
Old 08-22-2014, 11:26 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
You could, and it'd be a better bargain. But people with ferrari money aren't usually concerned with bargains.

He got a point there. Plus its a freaking Ferrari.

Sent from my naked Johnson. The third real non Boss 227
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:50 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:

From a performance standpoint yes. But the fact is people buy 3-4 hundred k cars because they can and they like to flash their money. So more then likely the guy spending a quarter of a million on an exotic wouldn't want a 'cheap' Corvette. And its a shame but generally people who buy these kinds of cars don't drive them to their potential they use them as status symbols. Takes a while for them to be affordable before they actually get used (although not always the case).
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:54 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

The very reason I despise Jay Leno. An absurd car collection and he drives them maybe once for a review. Wasteful.

Old 08-23-2014, 10:42 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yep and also maintaining a Ferrari is about as costly as maintaining a private jet. Its all about the name and status.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:33 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The very reason I despise Jay Leno. An absurd car collection and he drives them maybe once for a review. Wasteful.

Well at least he knows what he has and appreciates the history behind the cars. I've heard he drives them but has so many he can only drive each one so much. Opposed to people who buy expensive cars just as a status symbol and have no idea the cars history or even what engine it has.

Can't tell you how many times I've gone up to someone in a corvette and said something like "that LS3 is an amazing engine" and they just look at me like they have no idea what I'm talking about and then proceed to talk down to me bc they think I can't afford one.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:09 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Is it sad that I would take the Corvette over a Ferrari, even if they cost the same? I am biased because the Corvette is my favorite car, but exotics don't do anything for me. I appreciate the level at which a lot of them perform but I don't want or even give a $#!+ about European cars.

Now that '15 Z06 with the Z07 aero package... that does something for me. That makes me smile in the pants.
DavidBoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:19 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
Is it sad that I would take the Corvette over a Ferrari, even if they cost the same? I am biased because the Corvette is my favorite car, but exotics don't do anything for me. I appreciate the level at which a lot of them perform but I don't want or even give a $#!+ about European cars.

Now that '15 Z06 with the Z07 aero package... that does something for me. That makes me smile in the pants.
I might do the same. I like wrenching on my cars too much. With a vette you can still do that. With a Ferrari...not so much. Plus adding aftermarket parts to an exotic super car is a sin lol

Old 08-25-2014, 12:35 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I know people who own and I have personally driven a few "low end" Ferrari's (355, 360, 430). I can tell you, they are nothing special.

They look good, sound good, handle well and sometimes are even fast. The big thing with them is the attention to detail. That craftsmanship is what makes a Ferrari special. A C6 Z06 is honestly a better car in every performance aspect than the cars I listed above, however, you don't sit in a C6 and think to yourself, damn, how long did it take someone to stitch this beautiful interior together.

That is the only difference.

The C7 is a much better built car than the C6 and this new Z06/Z07 is going to be an absolutely wicked machine. One that will have Ferrari 458, Porsche 911, Audi R8, Lambo and MB AMG owners questioning if their purchase was a bad decision.

I'm just going to go ahead and call it now, there are going to be a lot of premium car owners jumping ship to this new Z06/Z07.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:39 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I don't know how many will jump ship per-se. But I would definitely agree people looking for that level of performance can't ignore it anymore for the sole reason of the cheap interior.

The one time I can say GM knocked it out of the park this generation lol

Old 08-25-2014, 04:16 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I do know that even though it's still technically a Chevy small block, the new LT1/LT4, aren't going to be the same easy to tinker with engines that carried the bowtie small block name. GM brought the pain with this car and the powerplant they put in it.

It takes something truly special to replace something as successful as thr LS-engines. I am impressed by the ground up approach to their latest generation small block. Granted, I don't give half a piss about active fuel management, and I would have that tuned out and all accommodating parts removed.

There is still a lot of room to upgrade the new LT4, that's what I like about it the most. Replace the roots blower with a twin screw, not unlike the Hellcat. Maybe the most mild of stroker kits if anyone chooses to build one of better quality than the fabulous rotating assembly GM already put in it. I also have a huge, unexplainable h@rd-on for the 383. So, naturally, I want one in my favorite car.

Twin screw 383 stroker direct injection LT4 C7 Z06/Z07... yes please. I would take that over any other car in existence, no questions asked.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:29 PM   #15
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
I've always loved the Z06, I think in this instance i would actually go with a grandsport model instead of the Z06 and throw a Turbo on it, that way i don't have to spend the money for the supercharger, but still get all the nice suspension that comes with the Z06. I do love the ground effects of the body work though, thats something the curves of the C7 really needs.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:33 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

Actually, that's wrong. The man drives his cars, daily. The issue is he has so many of them lol...you can't drive them all. Seriously though, every day he drove a different car to the tonight show. You see Jay rolling around town in all kinds of strange ****.

The man uses his car collection. But there is only one of him and he has hundreds of cars.
BadCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 02:05 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Worth every penny...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-chevrolet-corvette-z06-design-masthead-angle-1-640x240.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	164524  
Old 08-27-2014, 03:34 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
That being said, the only comparable car you can get for 90 ish is a base GT-R. It won't kill exotics though, if you have the money for an exotic, the price of the vette doesn't really matter to you.

The GTR starts at over 100k for a total base model, now.

Quote:

From every interview I have seen with Jay, this is not true at all. The man has a true obsession and passion for a combustion car. Yes, he has a massive collection, but would you suggest he get in each one and turn it on, pull it out of his garage, and then back it in? A few years ago he had almost 300, so with that only increasing, to drive each one every day would be absurd. If I had his money I would do the same. But he doesn't just COLLECT. He cherishes. His muscle cars, imports, exotics, custom built, so on. If you ever see his garage, it is also lined with memorabilia. He doesn't like cars, he lives and breaths cars. I was indifferent on the guy from his show, but getting to know his passion has made me a huge fan.

I was watching an interview with him about the Honda FCX (hydrogen car). Some of it took place in the kitchen he built in one of his garages (he spends a LOT of time there lol) and he supports alternate fuels and energy ONLY to support his passion. The sooner we run out of dead dinosaurs, the sooner the automobile as we know it goes extinct. Bringing hybrid/hydrogen/electric to the mainstream will only lower the price for fuel and Let all of us continue to enjoy our petrol addiction.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion