Buying a car off the lot - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-29-2014, 06:40 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
The Mustang has four seats. You can pull one out like I did, seats three, great storage, easy rear seat access. One of the best things I've done to it! Lol

Seriously, 20k is new v6 money. If I could have a Camry with a v8 and diamonds in the steering wheel, it's still a Camry.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2014, 07:32 AM   #37
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
The Mustang has four seats. You can pull one out like I did, seats three, great storage, easy rear seat access. One of the best things I've done to it! Lol

Seriously, 20k is new v6 money. If I could have a Camry with a v8 and diamonds in the steering wheel, it's still a Camry.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
She wouldn't do that cause my Mustang feels so small. I actually already told her that I'm not going to Co sign and she wasn't very happy . She still wants me to go cause she probably thinks I'll be persuaded lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles76 View Post
Soo she is your fiancé not g/f. Either way I would have a hard time doing the consign thing since it's so easy for things to go terribly wrong. But it's your life and decisions do what you feel is right. Hope you get a good deal on the car.

2014 5.OHHHHHH
We've been together for so long I forget to say fiance.
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 08:14 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joser714 View Post
She wouldn't do that cause my Mustang feels so small. I actually already told her that I'm not going to Co sign and she wasn't very happy . She still wants me to go cause she probably thinks I'll be persuaded lol
Lol "my mustang"

Quote:

"Forgot to say *sidechick."

Just go with her and threaten the salesman until he gives you a better deal.
clflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2014, 08:26 AM   #39
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clflorida View Post
Lol "my mustang"

"Forgot to say *sidechick."

Just go with her and threaten the salesman until he gives you a better deal.
I seriously need to go up to meet you. I'll leave her for you
Old 08-29-2014, 09:33 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Haha Im ready bro.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:13 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Did you leave her yet?
Old 10-02-2014, 12:39 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Cosign people not consign.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 01:32 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

My post count would be squared if I corrected all the misspelled words and destroyed grammar on this site.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 10-02-2014, 03:35 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
My post count would be squared if I corrected all the misspelled words and destroyed grammar on this site.

Versus trapezoidal? Lol

DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 07:33 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Versus trapezoidal? Lol

Seriously? Lol

Old 10-02-2014, 09:24 PM   #46
Road Trip!
Regular

No I didn't. I figured if my credit will get destroyed might as well be my fault
Old 10-22-2014, 09:29 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Fiance? Is the crew invited to the wedding?

Quote:

Quote:
Haha Im ready bro.
You should ruin the wedding day!!

You need to know the rules, to break the rules
Old 10-22-2014, 10:06 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic14 View Post
Fiance? Is the crew invited to the wedding?

You should ruin the wedding day!!

*We should do it bro. Bring all our stangs(Ill rent one) and just sit outside revving until his wife has a mental breakdown. Lol jk
Old 10-22-2014, 10:12 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
*We should do it bro. Bring all our stangs(Ill rent one) and just sit outside revving until his wife has a mental breakdown. Lol jk
Let's do it, where's the wedding.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 11:31 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Wait... You have a kid?

Scrape together your cash for a downpayment and mayeb a short-term loan from your credit union (1-2K "holiday cash" typically). That's your budget. 4-6K can get you a very nice used car.
- You can't afford a second car with a kid. Trust us on this.
- No loan, no angst.
- No insurance to speak (hint - get everything but comprehensive) of or registration.
- It will get pee, throw-up, toys, food, pet hair, and everything else in it with a small child and their friends. Consider it a cheap throwaway.

If you don't drive a lot of miles, just get a big Grand Marquis (ie - the non-cop-car Crown Vic). Can't kill it, and it'll fit everything you need without resorting to a SUV. Super low prices used. Loads of old people bought them and hardly drove them. Basically it's a F150 in a sedan form. Actually one of the more enjoyable cars I've owned as it got around effortlessly (big V8) and had a massive trunk as well as an amazing AC system.

If you need to drive more, it gets trickier. An Accord VP is a good tin can. It's basically a DX with a few actual features. The manual in it is actually very nice (electro-mechanical clutch - video game easy in fact) and will save you a ton of fuel. Actually the easiest manual I've ever driven.
JOberlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 12:59 AM   #51
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOberlander View Post
Wait... You have a kid?

Scrape together your cash for a downpayment and mayeb a short-term loan from your credit union (1-2K "holiday cash" typically). That's your budget. 4-6K can get you a very nice used car.
- You can't afford a second car with a kid. Trust us on this.
- No loan, no angst.
- No insurance to speak (hint - get everything but comprehensive) of or registration.
- It will get pee, throw-up, toys, food, pet hair, and everything else in it with a small child and their friends. Consider it a cheap throwaway.

If you don't drive a lot of miles, just get a big Grand Marquis (ie - the non-cop-car Crown Vic). Can't kill it, and it'll fit everything you need without resorting to a SUV. Super low prices used. Loads of old people bought them and hardly drove them. Basically it's a F150 in a sedan form. Actually one of the more enjoyable cars I've owned as it got around effortlessly (big V8) and had a massive trunk as well as an amazing AC system.

If you need to drive more, it gets trickier. An Accord VP is a good tin can. It's basically a DX with a few actual features. The manual in it is actually very nice (electro-mechanical clutch - video game easy in fact) and will save you a ton of fuel. Actually the easiest manual I've ever driven.
I had a marquis and i loved it. We came to the conclusion that if we get anything fron our tax return we'll use that plus whatever we can get from her saturn. Maybe a small suv or a crossover but my sixxer stays lol. Anyways reality will hit her in the face once gas and insurance starts emptying her pockets
Old 10-23-2014, 07:27 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

No joke, we should do it man! Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Let's do it, where's the wedding.
+1 when and where is the wedding?

Old 10-23-2014, 01:26 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Figure whatever the "asking" price is on the lot... or on their website has at least a 10%+ profit built in to it. Ask for 10% off their asking price, unless he's already giving you more then he's probably giving you a fair deal. Regardless, they're still going to make money. As you can keep asking for more & more, they won't sell it if you ask for too much off!!

Ex: If they're asking $10,000... then they're probably planning on making at least $1,000, maybe even $1,500-2,000 if they got it in as a trade in for cheap. Ask him to give you a good deal first, see what he comes back with. You never know. From there, throw out a low ball offer... like 20% off. If they don't balk at it, ie: if he actually goes back & talks to manager he might be able to go that close. He probably already knows the cost off the top of his head, so if you're offering below their cost, he's going to probably just tell you immediately... "can't do that... we'd lose money". So if that doesn't work try 15%.... but I wouldn't pay more than 90% of a vehicle's asking price in general.

FYI, when I bought my 2014 GT Premium Convertible, I got it for below invoice + an additional $4k off in rebates on top of that! So about $8k off $46k sticker.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 01:29 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
We paid 87% asking price for my 13 GT Premium
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion