Car truck SUV upgrade ideas - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-07-2014, 11:19 AM   #1

Region: Texas
Car truck SUV upgrade ideas

I will need to upgrade soon. Using the mustang for daily driver to work but need something larger for family. I would look at the 4 door f150s but they look too big, and now the ford expeditions only offer v6 eco engines. I Thought about looking at Tahoes but the 2015 redesign is pretty bad. I wish they would have left the explorer alone instead of making it more like a car.
kclight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2014, 05:46 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Get a older Super Duty I have a 05 and like it other than the 5.4 Triton spark plug issues the crew cab fits a family of five comfy and I can tow a few Mustangs. I'm looking for a used full size SUV for my wife, who drives a 03 Tundra extended cab, and so far I like the Suburban and Expedition, I would love an Excursion but those are priced to high. I say go big or go home and if your gonna run then run with a V8, a full size truck or SUV with a V6 is asking for bad fuel mileage it might look good on paper but by the time you factor in passenger weight and cargo your screwed on fuel economy working the engine so hard. Also I have to pull a mountain. Good luck and hope this helped if fuel economy is a factor look at a Taurus wagon mine gets 27 mpg verses my trucks 17 mpg.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:02 PM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknbronco View Post
Get a older Super Duty I have a 05 and like it other than the 5.4 Triton spark plug issues the crew cab fits a family of five comfy and I can tow a few Mustangs. I'm looking for a used full size SUV for my wife, who drives a 03 Tundra extended cab, and so far I like the Suburban and Expedition, I would love an Excursion but those are priced to high. I say go big or go home and if your gonna run then run with a V8, a full size truck or SUV with a V6 is asking for bad fuel mileage it might look good on paper but by the time you factor in passenger weight and cargo your screwed on fuel economy working the engine so hard. Also I have to pull a mountain. Good luck and hope this helped if fuel economy is a factor look at a Taurus wagon mine gets 27 mpg verses my trucks 17 mpg.
How many plugs have you blown?

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2014, 06:03 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Not one yet but with 150k it's time for a tune up.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:07 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

My parents expedition started blowing them at 160k I believe

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
Old 09-08-2014, 09:39 AM   #6

Region: Texas
Go big works if you live far from the city. I am not interested in the super duty. I would be interested in the supercrew f150 but I think they are just about as big / long as the super duty. I like the expedition's size the best and probably and will have to look at used since they are going with eco engines now, unless I am incorrect on that.
kclight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:28 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Yep the new ones have Eco Tech from the factory.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:42 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

I will say though the diesel excursions are Badass.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion