Asking for Rides - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-19-2014, 01:28 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Asking for Rides

Do any of you have a problem with everyone thinking your a taxi driver? Seems like everyone of my friends who don't drive or people I know that see I own a car have the nerve to ask me for a ride somewhere. I usually make up some excuse and then they offer me 10 dollars for gas.
I have a roommate who asked me today if I could take him to the grocery store. I hate it! Seems like I am either a bank or a taxi driver to the people I know.
any of you have to deal with this? do you just give them a lift or do you have a good excuse? I don't work, save my money and buy a car and pay for repairs and insurance and gas to drive someone somewhere for something that I don't care about.. But I am a nice guy and cant just say F off
TurboCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2014, 01:32 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Friends who take advantage of you being nice typically aren't worth having around. I struggled with that a lot out of high school but now I have a finite group of friends who respect the fact that things cost money and I work hard for it.

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 01:48 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Agreed, I seem to loose a friend every time I am asked to borrow money or for a ride somewhere. I just feel like bad saying No. I have no real good reason other then its mine, walk or catch a cab or work harder and buy a car. There offer for paying gas money is just annoying since I don't need there money nor do I want to drive them anywhere or just drop them off anywhere. What's worse is when I am about to head out and my roommate asks me where I am going and then asks, can you drop me off here.

I find if you do give someone a lift, its like feeding a dog off your plate.. even one time will result in a mooch and they will continue to ask. Even though I drive around aimlessly a lot, doesn't mean I want to drive you somewhere.

Like what if I hit a pot hole and bend my rim or get a flat tire, a speeding ticket or an accident? Rock hits the windshield, anything.. If I was going somewhere and something happened well I will deal with it. If I am driving someone somewhere and something happens that could have been avoided because I simply wouldn't be in that place at that time I would be upset
TurboCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2014, 01:51 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboCobra View Post
Agreed, I seem to loose a friend every time I am asked to borrow money or for a ride somewhere. I just feel like bad saying No. I have no real good reason other then its mine, walk or catch a cab or work harder and buy a car. There offer for paying gas money is just annoying since I don't need there money nor do I want to drive them anywhere or just drop them off anywhere. What's worse is when I am about to head out and my roommate asks me where I am going and then asks, can you drop me off here.

I find if you do give someone a lift, its like feeding a dog off your plate.. even one time will result in a mooch and they will continue to ask. Even though I drive around aimlessly a lot, doesn't mean I want to drive you somewhere.
Time is the most valuable thing we have my friend. Some people don't understand that.

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion