a friend of mine is simply an idiot. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-17-2014, 05:28 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
a friend of mine is simply an idiot.

was talking to a friend, showed him the newest Regular Car Reviews video review of the Honda S2000, remarked how I disliked the S2000 and would even prefer to drive a Civic over it, and he literally has the balls to sit here and say, and I quote:

"Also you drive a Mustang which is the car people buy because they don't know about cars."

needless to say I told him i'm done having any car-related conversations with this guy again.

mind you, he drives a pos toyota yaris, which his daddy bought him. and his "dream" first "real" car is a subaru brz.

what an ***. perhaps i need to choose better friends! lol
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2014, 05:41 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
a friend of mine is simply an idiot.

That stinks, the most intelligent response i get from my friends about cars is that nobody should try to race me because a) street racing is dangerous and b) i would smoke them. I really need to get to car meets sometime.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 05:43 PM   #3
ME Bloodhound
Staff

And how does this relate to 2011-2014 Mustang V6s?

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2014, 05:48 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
And how does this relate to 2011-2014 Mustang V6s?

because i own a 2011-2014 Mustang V6.
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
Old 11-17-2014, 06:07 PM   #5
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Don't let it bother you.

He was right. Most of us do not know much about cars.
He did say:::
Quote:
"Also you drive a Mustang which is the car people buy because they don't know about cars."
************************************BUT********************************

We sure know about "MUSTANGS" and why we love them. What other single brand car can have a drive in show with over 4,000 cars show up? Of course there are larger shows but they include all brands and kinds of cars.
Show him some of the you-tube video's of the American Muscle show in Maple Grove drag strip last August and see what he has to say about Mustang owner ain't car people. One single brand. "ALL FORD MUSTANGS" and no other cars.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:12 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Yaris... Well at least he has 15 cup holders, so he has that going for him.

But I think you're off about the s2000, it's actually a dream to drive. It has one of, if not the best feeling transmissions I've ever driven, not to mention it has an amazing suspension setup. Same can be said for the BRZ/FR-S. I would love to have a BRZ if I could sit in it comfortably(it's not fat people friendly).

Most Mustang folks don't know squat about their car. It is often seen as the car people buy not for performance but because it can be an inexpensive sporty car for the masses. People who do know anything about Mustangs and their capabilities are typically enthusiasts. Mustang enthusiasts are some of the most devoted brand loyalists.
Wysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:14 PM   #7
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
because i own a 2011-2014 Mustang V6.

When posting a new thread please make sure to post in the section it relates to. You may own a 2011-2014 V6 but the topic does not relate to that, so it should not be places in this section. I moved it to General Car Discussion.

HID end all thread
Old 11-17-2014, 09:32 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

either way, the dude kept mouthing off tonight, getting mad that i was taking it personal because i bought myself a nice car with my OWN money, so yeah, of course i'm going to take it personal when you make a stupid off-hand remark. then he went on to say "you can talk smack about my BRZ when i get it whenever you want; i don't care, because i know you'll be wrong with everything you say."

after that i pretty much went off on him. dude knows nothing about cars, yet acts like because he's finally getting his engineering degree he knows everything about anything mechanical. funny as this dude used to be my best friend, old college roommate etc, and over the course of the last 2 years pretty much turned into an annoying ****** lol
Old 11-17-2014, 10:18 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
It has to be asked.... do you know anything about cars?
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 07:17 AM   #10
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I would think the OP does know a lot about cars.

He does own a Mustang !!!!
Ronnie
Old 11-18-2014, 08:28 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
In my general experience the people who say "oh a mustang, everyone has one" are the same people that drive a 95 corolla or take the bus. People who know about cars cars compliment it. I had a guy a couple weeks ago ask about the car. He has a new stingray and 15 viper. Dude loves cars and him complimenting mine felt good. Respect.
Stangholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 10:24 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
S2000 are great cars, plain and simple. Same with the BRZ/FRS.

Also, having owned over a dozen sports cars in the last 10 years, ranging from an AMG Mercedes-Benz to a Mazdaspeed MX5, I will say the vast majority of Mustang owners are typically the worst when it comes to general car knowledge or criticism about their model of car.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:26 PM   #13
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
S2000 are great cars, plain and simple. Same with the BRZ/FRS.

Also, having owned over a dozen sports cars in the last 10 years, ranging from an AMG Mercedes-Benz to a Mazdaspeed MX5, I will say the vast majority of Mustang owners are typically the worst when it comes to general car knowledge or criticism about their model of car.

I've noticed that too. I get more help from the tuner crowd lol.

My friend with a bone stock S2K was pulling better times at his first AutoX than my car with the Panhard bar, subframe connectors, LCAs, torque arm, and 4.10s, when I had more experience also.

They grip the road well.

HID end all thread
Old 11-20-2014, 05:09 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
At the beginning of 2013 I bought a Scion FR-S (twin of BRZ). It weighed 2700lbs. As another poster mentioned, its not fat people friendly...or even large people friendly. I loved driving the car for the first 15 minutes of the drive, but hated every second after that. I sold the car after 1 year and bought a 2012 GT.

I love the Mustang and I still love the FR-S, but for totally different reasons. The Mustang is a pony car, the S2000 and now the BRZ/FR-S are traditional sports cars. They excel at different things. Both can be made to handle wonderfully, but you'll never replicate the "lightness" of the S2000 or the FR-S/BRZ in a Mustang. And its that low weight that creates the ultra nimble feeling associated with those cars.
BadCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 09:19 AM   #15
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
You would prefer a Civic over an S2000 why?

side note: if the BRZ/FRS were out when I got my V6 I would have considered them, I was surprised I fit in them at 6'3"+ Yeah, I know in some ways they are slow but I know slow and fun are not exclusive.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:40 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

In my experience, which isn't exactly a very large amount, Mustang owners fall all over the scale. Experienced, knowledgable, and nice, as well as roid raging, illiterate, buffoons. And everywhere in between. People are people. And some people love to mouth off.
I have seen plenty of people buy a mustang because they know nothing about cars, they figure its popular, people say good things about it, then want to be part of it not even knowing how to change a tire. (yes, seen that too.)
Old 11-22-2014, 12:11 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
The FRS SUCKS. Maybe modified, it would be worthwhile, but for 26k, what a heap.

Don't get me wrong, it's the best scion or Toyota I have been in performance wise (though the iQ has a turning radius of a dime lol).

And surely the FRS has up points, but they are slanted. It feels fast because of fast revving and a rough ride- when I thought I was doing 60 I was doing 40... The only real advantage I felt was less body roll. Which is not worth almost crawling out of the car lol.

On topic: some people take thoughts and think they are facts. Some people can accept when they are wrong, and some people just don't understand.

Example: in another thread, Ronnie and I were debating if the hellcat challenger was worthwhile. I say hell no, viper or nothing from chrysler. He had a challenge in exclusivity. The viper has lower sales, making it more exclusive- but the higher sales of the challenger are due to higher demand. If chrysler could sell more vipers, they would! Yes the viper is more exclusive, but the hellcat is more popular.

There is rarely a right or wrong answer, rather (usually) a view of highs and lows and priorities of those points. I've learned to cut people who don't see these variables out of my life. Usually they are not true friend quality, they are more like convenient friends.

Long post short, some "friends" aren't worth the energy needed to keep them as friends.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 01:25 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Haha I've had subie owners say to my face "I hate mustang guys because they all think their crap is fast." As he smokes his gay vape crap. I also have subie owners that say "ahh! Another bolt on mustang with nitrous!" To my face and "I can beat that piece of ford crap any day." Regardless to say I beat one of them because we were at the track talking crap and I compared times to the other subie car and I ran 3 tents faster than him. And the other one I think had 600rwhp is what I've heard ik he's faster than me. But now I talk trash to subie drivers saying. "Ahh! Another bolt on subie with a turbo!" 😜 I hate butt-holes. I don't even talk much and never crap talk. Guess it's just people's egos. I even understand im not the fastest at all, we are in central at so not much competition but there are few 1000rwhp cars down here 3 being a zr1 corvette, I think a z07, a 2013 Shelby at 1100rwhp, a supra, and that's it and I'm stuck around hanging just faster than moats shelbys in the 1000foot. But I think they got driver problems.

12.1 @ 117.9 (1.7) in 1/4th
7.6 @ 92.1 (1.6) in 1/8th
Speed_Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 11:42 AM   #19
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I'm really glad I live in Daytona Beach , Florida

My area is chuck full of Street rods, Old muscle cars, New Muscle cars such as the challengers and Camaro's, Old and new Mustangs. My Muscle car club has a great mixture of cars. This is car lovers heaven. I never hear anyone be-little any car no matter what it is.
Even in a cruise-in like we had last Saturday there was most American iron and a few foreign cars mixed in. About 300 + cars showed up due to great weather. No problems at all and all enjoyed the day looking at everything.

I found that anyone ignorant enough to bad mouth someone else s ride is nobody I want to even be around. I'm not talking friendly banter among friends but just plain stupid statements out of nowhere.

I never in my life ever met anyone that ever said anything bad about a Mustang. Not one time ever. Mustangs seem to fit in with any group around my area and there are plenty of them around here.
Ronnie
Old 12-08-2014, 09:51 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
I used to be a mustang hater myself. They are easy to hate when you don't know much about cars, but you think you're an expert. I used to have a Volvo s60t5 and I thought it was sickkk. It had a geartronic transmission, a little turbo that I made sound loud, and it looked pretty classy. It handled sorta good too. But then I realized how much of a nightmare it is to own a car like that. SOO unreliable. Before that I thought mustangs were slow pieces of **** and I pretty much hated them all. Now here I am a year later absolutely loving my Stangalang.

Mustangs are really reliable, they have really respectable power out of the box, they are cheap to fix, and they are fun to drive. What car enthusiast could hate a car that has all of that going for it? Yeah I know there are tons of them and having one isn't a unique fashion statement, but I don't pick my cars out based on how fashionable or exclusive they are. I pick them out based on specifications that include torque, horsepower, reliability, cost to repair, ease of modification, and the looks/fashion department is purely a tie-breaker.
Panther140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 10:20 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
If you are concerned with haters past a reasonable extent, then the Mustang is not for you. Mustangs are one of the most main stream performance cars on the scene, so they're going to attract haters. The Mustang is just coming out of its dark ages and recovering from the much hated SN-95, and the slightly less hated New Edge. The most hated cars in the car community scene are probably Civics, then riced out cavaliers, N/A neons, beamers in less than immaculate condition, lifted trucks, and the mustang is not far behind those as far as haters go.

Its because Mustangs have multiple roles in society.
They can be a midlife crisis car
They can be a teenage girl car (v6 automatic convertibles especially)
They can be the ignorant ****** car. (guy who got them just to say he has a mustang)

And then theres us. We like our mustangs for their mechanical prowess. They are tough as nails, they have giant aftermarkets, they can make big power, they handle damn good regardless of what anybody else says, they are practical daily drivers, and they are an absolute riot to drive.
Panther140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 07:24 AM   #22
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hey Panther140

You said it all

The only thing is that Civics are pretty good performance cars and well respected around my area. There are some pretty nice one's and usually owned by very young car guys & girls that are just getting into the car world and don't make a lot of $$$$.

One night on international drive a bunch of civics all met up and most had boom box radio's and flashing lights under them. I pulled in and was treated like a king with my Mustang. It was really nice to see what some of these guy's and girl's did with a civic.
Of course I have no boom box or under car lights but my Mustang was well respected and I was having a great time until the cops came and broke up a very quiet mellow car get together for no apparent reason.

There are some really good car people driving what they like. Most are really nice and still, there are a whole lot of jerks thinking only their car is worthy of being the absolute best ever made and hate everything and everybody else. They seem to travel alone and have very few friends and almost never ever belong to a club or group. Yes, there are some Mustang and Corvette owners that are just plain obnoxious jerks but they are very easy to spot and walk away from.

Ronnie
Old 12-09-2014, 09:18 AM   #23
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ word
Old 01-04-2015, 11:53 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Civics aren't performance cars lol. They're Eco cars. Designed to go slow. Kids really screwed that up though.

alecas447 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion