Skis - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-28-2014, 07:53 AM   #1

Region: Europe
Skis

Hey,
Sorry to Gatecrash your forums, I thought that maybe you'd be the best people to talk to about a mustang though, as I'm struggling to find the information I'm after!

I'm coming to the USA in December, and because I've always wanted a mustang, we've managed to get one as our rental car. I'm getting a bit concerned about luggage space though!

I'm going to have two or three large North Face Duffel bags, a baby car seat, and most worryingly, a couple of pairs of Skis!

I think we'll be able to fit the baggage in the trunk of the car, and maybe on one back seat, with the baby on the other one, but I'm worried about the skis.

Will they fit inside, resting on the dashboard, between the two front seats? they're going to be less than 6ft long?

Thanks for your help!

Matt, UK
Cookie4086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2014, 08:45 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
why would you rent a mustang for a skiing trip? Not to be rude but that's kind of dumb.
Having your child in a car seat crammed in the back and having skiis running threw the center resting on the dash is just asking to seriously harm your child if you get in an accident. Do yourself a favour and call back the rental company and ask for a suv or a mini van. Your a family going on a ski trip.
Hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 08:48 AM   #3

Not rented a mustang for a ski trip - we've got the car rented to get around to a family wedding and Christmas, we're taking a train down to colorado for the skiing a week later, and have a much more suitable vehicle when we're there - the skis-in-the-mustang thing is just from the airport to the family house.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2014, 08:55 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

do your family a favour and rent a mustang for a weekend when your at home on a nice summer day. I can understand why you want to rent the mustang but in all reality its not the brightest idea.
Old 11-28-2014, 08:59 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

but my opinion is just my opinion. as for your luggage, if they are those rubbery north face duffle bags, you will fit 2 in the trunk and could stand one up behind the driver seat or passenger. the ski's would have to be laid out similar to how you described but is very unsafe. Hopefully they are in a padded ski bag at the least. so yes it is possible just not smart
Old 11-28-2014, 09:00 AM   #6

again, appreciate the thoughts, but you actually can't rent one here...they brought 1500 into the UK - the hire companies obviously didn't buy any of them.

Basically, if it's impossible to fit everything in, I'll arrange to get the stuff delivered across town to the house, instead of taking it in the car - but if it'll fit, I think I'll take your point about the safety of the baby, and maybe drop the wife and baby off at the house, then go back and get the skis and luggage from the left luggage counter, it's not far across town, so shouldn't be an issue - but the question still stands - will the skis fit?

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

sorry - just seen your reply.
Thanks.

Matt
Old 11-28-2014, 09:08 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

will fit
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fsn15_models_detailflip_trunkpassthrough6040.jpg
Views:	958
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	170459  
Old 11-28-2014, 09:26 AM   #8

Sweet! Spot on - thanks loads for that!
Will go get the ski's waxed up ready for the Holiday then
Old 11-28-2014, 09:30 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Hi. I'm from the UK and live in the US now. We took a trip in 2012 in Canada (when I still lived in the UK) and rented a mustang convertible for a week. Managed to squeeze two large and one small case in the trunk. However, the cases would probably be in the way for the skis when you fold the seat down... Or maybe they'd fit on top of the cases and still go thro the seat hole. I understand your wanting a Mustang tho. My son and I always hankered after one and we went on this trip with a mate, and even tho we knew it'd be a tight squeeze, we rented it anyway! Was great fun. Nice to actually own one now tho.

Just rent the damn car, but when you arrive at the rental place, ask to test fit your luggage first. If it doesn't fit, rent an SUV.

Sent from somewhere near the center of the Milky Way
Darth Paul is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion