Did You See Muscle Car Review's Test of The Hellcat Challenger? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-01-2014, 05:39 AM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Georgia
Lightbulb Did You See Muscle Car Review's Test of The Hellcat Challenger?

It was in the Editorial Page, they don't have SVT 1/4 mile results other than those posted by a Dodge at 11.8 on street tires and 10.4 on slicks and a top speed of 199 ( if you rocked back and forth and leaned forward far enough, and don't tell me you haven't gone this ) I am sure you could get over 200 MPH out of it. What I found most not just impressive but amazing is that the 707 HP peaked at 4,000 RPMs. I just looked back and checked to make sure I had read it correctly, surely they made a misprint!.

In my profile I tell you how amazed people that know me are that I bought and am building or Hotrodding a vehicle that is not a GM product or more so not a Corvette. I have kind of had Mustang fever for about two years now. My Brother has owned an immaculate 65 GT for probably 15-18 years which I am not all that impressed by but he owns a 57 I think Custom 300, that has only 67,000 miles onit. It has a 312 CI Police Inceptor engine and was a moonshine hauler. That I like. My best friend who owns a small shop and sometimes builds a frame off car for the right person, this year I think he installed 30-35 Vintage Air Systems, each to perfection and looked better than a factory installation. He probably installed about the same number of wiring harnesses, he installs create engines, carburetor and intakes. You get the idea, his two bay shop with a lift is behind his hone and there is no sign, he has no business cards and runs no ads. About fifteen years ago he built a 40 Ford coupe ad a man from Atlanta saw it at a show or cruise and offered my friend $45,000.00 for the car and my friend accepted. The man that bought the 40 entered it in tea World of a Wheels show and won the best Street Rod Class three years is row. Our little town is about 60 miles from Atlanta. The man that bought the 40 has other Hotrods and friends that own Hotrods and every since then he has someone from the metro Atlanta area.
Got sidetracked, I could right a book about this guy, he is maticulous in everything he does and if he doesn't like the way something fits e might do four redos but he will only charges for the time for the first installation in his little white pad he always keeps near. He has a part time assistant that comes in around 3:30 when he gets off work and he word most Saturdays and has been working there over fifteen years. He won't give you a quote on a job and he will see what parts are needed and recommend where to buy them but he wants you to use your credit card to pay for them and the incidentals you run into and need everyday he charges on his account and keeps al of the tickets and the parts he takes off.
Here is the point to this long story but if I had not told it you would think he does crappy work, he doesn't make anything off of parts he buys and even passes his discount on to the customer. He and his assistant that is equally maticulous charge $20.00 per hour each with no hidden cost and you don't pay for lunchtime or breaks.
NOW back to one other reason I decided to build a Mustang, in 2007 Bob bought a new 2007 Shelby GT 500, black with red but they actually have an orange hue to the. It now HSBC around 3,500 miles on it ad everytime I go tote shop to visit I take pictures and ust stare at it. I catch myself wondering how many parts I need to order from Ford Motorsports or a Shelby product to whereI could put a Cobra somewhere on the car and not look tacky, maybe to one side in the grille or centered the front where the front tag would go!
Landspeedracer is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion