Hell cat - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-29-2015, 07:36 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular
 
DetroitMuscle99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Detroit,Mi
Region: Michigan
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
Nothing really means anything. You can take anything on wheels dump a crapload of money into it and it will be fast.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I know that seems like he don't. Matters how old the car is to him and how much power it makes and if it has a cassette player or not teh.
DetroitMuscle99 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-29-2015, 07:38 PM   #72
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitMuscle99 View Post
I know that seems like he don't. Matters how old the car is to him and how much power it makes and if it has a cassette player or not teh.

It's a stupid statement. If it was true why the hell do they still use classics for drag cars.




Be the type of person who leaves a mark, not a scar
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline  
Old 01-29-2015, 07:39 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular
 
dave73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Mechanicsville
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitMuscle99 View Post
I know that seems like he don't. Matters how old the car is to him and how much power it makes and if it has a cassette player or not teh.

Yeah well I have seen 1970's Pintos run 8's before... I would like to have that Cassette player though


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-29-2015, 07:43 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular
 
DetroitMuscle99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Detroit,Mi
Region: Michigan
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
It's a stupid statement. If it was true why the hell do they still use classics for drag cars.




Be the type of person who leaves a mark, not a scar
I know right... they make up some of the fastest cars in the world. He wanted to jump in and run off at the mouth with the other clowns. For being on a mustang forum that's some dumb statements they made lol. They should sell their stang and get a Honda or camaro. Or hell cat lol.
DetroitMuscle99 is offline  
Old 01-29-2015, 07:46 PM   #75
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitMuscle99 View Post
I know right... they make up some of the fastest cars in the world. He wanted to jump in and run off at the mouth with the other clowns. For being on a mustang forum that's some dumb statements they made lol.

So my buddies fox shouldn't be running a 8.56 at 156mph... Being it's an old car with old technology in it... Riiiiiiiiight....




Be the type of person who leaves a mark, not a scar
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline  
Old 01-29-2015, 07:46 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular
 
DetroitMuscle99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Detroit,Mi
Region: Michigan
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
Yeah well I have seen 1970's Pintos run 8's before... I would like to have that Cassette player though


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I've seen a pinto do such a harsh wheelstand it landed on it's roof lol. Crazy fast and stupid.
DetroitMuscle99 is offline  
Old 01-29-2015, 07:48 PM   #77
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitMuscle99 View Post
I've seen a pinto do such a harsh wheelstand it landed on it's roof lol. Crazy fast and stupid.

It was pink wasn't it...




Be the type of person who leaves a mark, not a scar
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline  
Old 01-29-2015, 07:49 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular
 
DetroitMuscle99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Detroit,Mi
Region: Michigan
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
So my buddies fox shouldn't be running a 8.56 at 156mph... Being it's an old car with old technology in it... Riiiiiiiiight....




Be the type of person who leaves a mark, not a scar
Right... And the fastest outlaw drag car in the world shouldn't be a new edge mustang bodystyle. I couldn't find a clean notch so I settled for my next favorite bodystyle which was the new edge.
DetroitMuscle99 is offline  
Old 01-29-2015, 07:50 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular
 
DetroitMuscle99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Detroit,Mi
Region: Michigan
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
It was pink wasn't it...




Be the type of person who leaves a mark, not a scar
Ya lol and some chick was driving singing taylor swift songs.
DetroitMuscle99 is offline  
Old 01-29-2015, 09:35 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular
 
alecas447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitMuscle99 View Post
Ya lol and some chick was driving singing taylor swift songs.

At Least your car is yours and not the banks...


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
alecas447 is offline  
Old 01-29-2015, 09:53 PM   #81
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
You can make just about anything fast in a straight line. Which is why you see classics drag racing. On that same note...there's a reason you don't see them doing anything but traveling in a straight line.

I was just ruffling 8 mile's feathers.

But seriously...I don't care how fast, loud, quick, whatever a 99 GT is. It will never be in the same ball park as a hell cat. Sure...you can make it faster than a hellcat. But it will never be in he same league. Ever...


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mikeyt03 is offline  
Old 01-29-2015, 09:58 PM   #82
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
So my buddies fox shouldn't be running a 8.56 at 156mph... Being it's an old car with old technology in it... Riiiiiiiiight....




Be the type of person who leaves a mark, not a scar

No...but let's hope he doesn't have to turn anytime soon.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mikeyt03 is offline  
Old 01-29-2015, 10:05 PM   #83
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,507
Hell cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
You can make just about anything fast in a straight line. Which is why you see classics drag racing. On that same note...there's a reason you don't see them doing anything but traveling in a straight line.

I was just ruffling 8 mile's feathers.

But seriously...I don't care how fast, loud, quick, whatever a 99 GT is. It will never be in the same ball park as a hell cat. Sure...you can make it faster than a hellcat. But it will never be in he same league. Ever...


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Ok, uhmmm do you really believe that classics don't do circuit racing? And what do you consider being in the hellcats league? Because, apparently making a car faster than a hellcat doesn't mean it's in the same league.... From what you're saying....

I'm just trying to find the reasoning from your post.


Be the type of person who leaves a mark, not a scar
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline  
Old 01-29-2015, 10:13 PM   #84
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitMuscle99 View Post
I know that seems like he don't. Matters how old the car is to him and how much power it makes and if it has a cassette player or not teh.

A cars age matters to me for sure. I'm young and I wanted a fast car...just not a 15 year old fast car.




Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mikeyt03 is offline  
Old 01-29-2015, 10:35 PM   #85
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
Ok, uhmmm do you really believe that classics don't do circuit racing? And what do you consider being in the hellcats league? Because, apparently making a car faster than a hellcat doesn't mean it's in the same league.... From what you're saying....

I'm just trying to find the reasoning from your post.


Be the type of person who leaves a mark, not a scar

I'm just saying there is more to the car than how fast it is. I don't care how fast a 99 gt is. I would never chose that over a hell cat.

The hell cat is in a different league because you can daily drive it, and it's a comfortable normal car that still runs mid 10's. Not like the 99 gt where you gotta listen to cassette tapes, turn the wheel like a bus, and look at 1980 upholstery all day. Not to mention the drivability of aftermarket cams, worrying about nitrous and blowing your engine ect...

The hell cat is a turn key monster from the factory.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mikeyt03 is offline  
Old 01-29-2015, 11:04 PM   #86
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,507
Hell cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
I'm just saying there is more to the car than how fast it is. I don't care how fast a 99 gt is. I would never chose that over a hell cat.

The hell cat is in a different league because you can daily drive it, and it's a comfortable normal car that still runs mid 10's. Not like the 99 gt where you gotta listen to cassette tapes, turn the wheel like a bus, and look at 1980 upholstery all day. Not to mention the drivability of aftermarket cams, worrying about nitrous and blowing your engine ect...

The hell cat is a turn key monster from the factory.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Excellent, that's a what you should've started your statement with. Very good valid points made.
But everything you stated has modifications available for a 99 gt.



Be the type of person who leaves a mark, not a scar
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline  
Old 01-30-2015, 04:43 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular
 
DetroitMuscle99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Detroit,Mi
Region: Michigan
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
I'm just saying there is more to the car than how fast it is. I don't care how fast a 99 gt is. I would never chose that over a hell cat.

The hell cat is in a different league because you can daily drive it, and it's a comfortable normal car that still runs mid 10's. Not like the 99 gt where you gotta listen to cassette tapes, turn the wheel like a bus, and look at 1980 upholstery all day. Not to mention the drivability of aftermarket cams, worrying about nitrous and blowing your engine ect...

The hell cat is a turn key monster from the factory.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I daily drive my mustang, just don't drive it in winter. Spring summer and fall I drive it everyday.Doesn't have idle/drivability issues that you speak of and I don't worry about it blowing up. And since when can a hellcat turn? It was meant for drag racing. And btw my 99 came with an alpine CD player haha with 62,000 miles on it and is at 81,000 now. Just breaking it in...
DetroitMuscle99 is offline  
Old 01-30-2015, 04:53 AM   #88
Registered Member
Regular
 
DetroitMuscle99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Detroit,Mi
Region: Michigan
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
No...but let's hope he doesn't have to turn anytime soon.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I don't care about turning if I did I wouldn't own a mustang, hellcats can turn fast huh? Must be because its new right? You guys act like a hellcat can carve corners, do wheelstands, hook up good and blows rainbows out it's exhaust haha. How much are they again.
DetroitMuscle99 is offline  
Old 01-30-2015, 07:56 AM   #89
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitMuscle99 View Post
I daily drive my mustang, just don't drive it in winter. Spring summer and fall I drive it everyday.Doesn't have idle/drivability issues that you speak of and I don't worry about it blowing up. And since when can a hellcat turn? It was meant for drag racing. And btw my 99 came with an alpine CD player haha with 62,000 miles on it and is at 81,000 now. Just breaking it in...

Well I'm sorry that you daily drive that thing. CD players are a thing of the past too. I don't even own any cd's. I play all my music via Bluetooth audio or sync.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mikeyt03 is offline  
Old 01-30-2015, 08:00 AM   #90
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitMuscle99 View Post




I don't care about turning if I did I wouldn't own a mustang, hellcats can turn fast huh? Must be because its new right? You guys act like a hellcat can carve corners, do wheelstands, hook up good and blows rainbows out it's exhaust haha. How much are they again.

Who cares if it can do wheels stands and carve corners. The point is...it's in a different league than your car. It's a turn key 10 second car that people can enjoy daily driving and not have to wonder if the a/c is about to break or if the windows will stop rolling down tomorrow.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mikeyt03 is offline  
Old 01-30-2015, 08:29 AM   #91
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
bigmac3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Cleburne
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitMuscle99 View Post
Hope Ford comes out with something to compete with that hellcat. A lot of dodge guys at work saying mustangs ain't **** lol to a hellcat. I call them hell kittens and laugh at them. Ford needs to produce a high hp stang to get back on top of the record list.
This is an answer to the OP's question.

HPE700 Supercharged Upgrade | 2015 Ford Mustang 5.0L | Hennessey Performance
__________________
Frank
1989 Blue LX Hatchback
2001 Red SVT Cobra Convertible (Phoenix)
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline  
Old 01-30-2015, 08:31 AM   #92
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac3 View Post
No this isn't the answer. Everything they put out is slow, they are really conservative. Ask all the people with the HPE 700 camaros. Why they get demolished by NA coyotes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline  
Old 01-30-2015, 08:37 AM   #93
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
bigmac3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Cleburne
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
No this isn't the answer. Everything they put out is slow, they are really conservative. Ask all the people with the HPE 700 camaros. Why they get demolished by NA coyotes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Well alrighty then.
__________________
Frank
1989 Blue LX Hatchback
2001 Red SVT Cobra Convertible (Phoenix)
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline  
Old 01-30-2015, 08:44 AM   #94
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac3 View Post
Well alrighty then.
You take it to another shop to retune the car and it's a different story.
Usually pick up 80-100hp over hennessey tune

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline  
Old 01-30-2015, 09:22 AM   #95
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
bigmac3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Cleburne
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
You take it to another shop to retune the car and it's a different story.
Usually pick up 80-100hp over hennessey tune

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
When I first saw this a couple of months ago they touted it as the second coming but it's been quiet ever since. Maybe a dead project. We can keep hoping I guess.
__________________
Frank
1989 Blue LX Hatchback
2001 Red SVT Cobra Convertible (Phoenix)
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline  
Old 01-30-2015, 10:04 AM   #96
Registered Member
Regular
 
rocknbronco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 831
After reading about the Charger Hell Cat I honestly can say that I'm impressed from this Mopar. I wouldn't mind owning one and using it as daily as much as I could afford to with the fuel mileage, heck my F250 gets better mileage, as the last of the V8 rear wheel drive sedans from the 60's and 70's built as a throw back the Hell Cat is it. Obnoxious, hard to handle, loud, poor mileage, as a driver I feel this is a drivers car as much as a Shelby GT500KR or Super Snake a car that requires thought and attention while driving. I like a car that makes me focus solely on driving and keeping it in my lane I have had some real pos cars and trucks that did just that but it made me a better driver in the end.
__________________
Mustang wanted for here...
rocknbronco is offline  
Old 01-30-2015, 03:03 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular
 
DetroitMuscle99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Detroit,Mi
Region: Michigan
Posts: 280
mus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
Who cares if it can do wheels stands and carve corners. The point is...it's in a different league than your car. It's a turn key 10 second car that people can enjoy daily driving and not have to wonder if the a/c is about to break or if the windows will stop rolling down tomorrow.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Haha I don't care what league it's in. And I don't have or want ac that's for people who can't take heat.
DetroitMuscle99 is offline  
Old 01-30-2015, 09:30 PM   #98
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitMuscle99 View Post
mus

Haha I don't care what league it's in. And I don't have or want ac that's for people who can't take heat.

No a/c huh? Must be nice. I'm sure you get all the Detroit ladies.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mikeyt03 is offline  
Old 01-30-2015, 09:34 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,245
I don't even use my ac actually.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline  
Old 01-30-2015, 09:35 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Charlotte, NC
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,045
Comparing a stock production car To a modded car is apples to oranges and stupid. Your best bang for your buck will always be to buy used and mod yourself.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
StarzTA17 is offline  
Old 01-30-2015, 09:36 PM   #101
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
I don't even use my ac actually.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

I don't much in va. In miami I use it every day in the summer


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mikeyt03 is offline  
Old 01-30-2015, 10:09 PM   #102
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,507
When I was in school I foolishly drove my 65 Chevy in 105 degree heat with 111 heat index. Luckily the interior is white. But never never never never never ever ever ever again. I was literally soaking wet... It doesn't get out when it's over 90, now.




Be the type of person who leaves a mark, not a scar
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline  
Old 01-31-2015, 05:05 AM   #103
Registered Member
Regular
 
DetroitMuscle99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Detroit,Mi
Region: Michigan
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
No a/c huh? Must be nice. I'm sure you get all the Detroit ladies.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Happily married, although wife thinks I cheat on her with my mustang all the time lol. She said before winter that I love my mustang more than her and that "I wipe it down every morning and barely wipe her down". Ouch. She's a island woman and loves the heat she's from the filipins. She actually wants a challenger too lol. Owns a 94 rx7 right now.
DetroitMuscle99 is offline  
Old 02-01-2015, 07:07 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular
 
rocknbronco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 831
Those rotary turbos are beasts if set up right.
__________________
Mustang wanted for here...
rocknbronco is offline  
Old 02-02-2015, 05:31 AM   #105
Registered Member
Regular
 
DetroitMuscle99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Detroit,Mi
Region: Michigan
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknbronco View Post
Those rotary turbos are beasts if set up right.
Yeah that thing spits flames like crazy also. Louder than hell too, she beat my mustang when I first got it 2yrs ago. It didn't have much done but headers and exhaust at the time. She still has the stock twin turbo setup trying to convince her to go single turbo.
DetroitMuscle99 is offline  
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Header to cat/cat delete pipe gasket. nosympathy 2011-2014 Mustang GT 9 12-14-2012 10:36 PM
cat or no cat 96mustangv8 1996-2004 Mustang GT 15 05-12-2011 03:00 PM
One Hell of a Cat Brent Pictures and Videos 11 05-31-2007 08:59 AM
Dude, how the hell did they get this picture. DropTop_Stang The Bar 21 10-30-2003 09:39 PM
30 post to attach.. to hell with that EvilPopTarts The Bar 27 08-05-2003 07:15 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



10:19 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.