Hell cat - Page 5 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-07-2015, 07:39 AM   #141
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
Detroitmuscle99: man my 99 GT will eat your hell cat alive...

Hellcat owner: oh ok...lets race

Detroitmuscle99: ok...is there a place near by where I could get my nitrous bottles filled?

Hellcat owner: smh...

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Lol that is pretty funny. It's pretty much always full I never really spray on the streets only have twice maybe 3 times.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2015, 07:43 AM   #142
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Can't use nitrous on a road course either.

Bullitts are better than Bullets
Not into turns I like drag racing. If I was into autocrossing etc I would own something else. I do like taking my wife's rx7 out time to time.
Old 02-07-2015, 07:51 AM   #143
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03redzo6 View Post
Id prefer turbo or supercharger. You forget that nitrous also has its down side, like bottle pressure, and it running out after a couple of runs. As far as FI setups and heat, you could add a meth kit to it to cool the iat's down. For a supercharger, you could add a smaller pulley, and add a wastegate to the setup to have boost sooner. Every power adder has its pro's and con's. Id take FI any day since its always on.
I didn't forget it, every power adder has a downside. Best thing would just be a big n/a motor and no power adder. No replacement for displacement lol. Even though you have to fill the bottle up nothing is more efficient than nitrous. But your right, a solenoid could stick, nitrous backfires etc. Everyone has their preference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2015, 11:34 AM   #144
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
No it's not. I've just never heard it called that before. Always went by bi-turbo.

Bi-turbo is a general term for two turbos. Small feeding large is a sequential setup. And parallel is when identical turbochargers function simultaneously.

Old 02-07-2015, 11:45 AM   #145
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitMuscle99 View Post
Ya and what do you have done to your mustang
well basicaly i lost to the hellcat on my 2014 gt 5.0 stock stang just got some roush exhaust thats it. its my second project car my 2004 stang is all fixed up but i sold it to ma pops he liked it alot. and this is my second project car so im just starting to fix her up im waiting for the warranty to pass to put a tuner to her and some under the hood mods
Old 02-07-2015, 12:01 PM   #146
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowconve View Post
well basicaly i lost to the hellcat on my 2014 gt 5.0 stock stang just got some roush exhaust thats it. its my second project car my 2004 stang is all fixed up but i sold it to ma pops he liked it alot. and this is my second project car so im just starting to fix her up im waiting for the warranty to pass to put a tuner to her and some under the hood mods

Yea, I pulled next to a hellcat once, at a stop light. I realized it was a hellcat just before the light changed, and just let him go. I knew what the outcome would be, love that Dodge make it a sleeper. Just a few small clues to hint at the monstrosity under the hood. I'm in the market for a 11 GT/CS going to do a twin turbo build, plans are 1000rwhp. But that will be later down the road.
And what mods do you plan for your car, If I may ask?

Keep calm and make bacon pancakes!
Old 02-07-2015, 12:07 PM   #147
Registered Member
Regular

super charger for sure maybe some nos tuned and cai headers bigger pipes no resonators clear up restrictions and some drag tires that should allow me to run with the gt500 for sure but im still iffy about nos

wonder how much hp that would make?
Old 02-07-2015, 12:10 PM   #148
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecas447 View Post
Bi-turbo is a general term for two turbos. Small feeding large is a sequential setup. And parallel is when identical turbochargers function simultaneously.

Exactly or a turbo that is run in sequence with each other are called non sequential turbo setup or parralel.
Old 02-07-2015, 12:14 PM   #149
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
super charger for sure maybe some nos tuned and cai headers bigger pipes no resonators clear up restrictions and some drag tires that should allow me to run with the gt500 for sure but im still iffy about nos

Wish I could of afforded a coyote 2010 plus GT but when I couldn't find a Fox I settled for a new edge. And please don't call it nos that's fast and furious ricer talk lol.
Old 02-07-2015, 12:23 PM   #150
Registered Member

Regular

Hell cat

Quote:

That should be enough... Depending on the supercharger. Those 5.8s are absolute monsters when it comes to power. 662hp with not that big of a blower on it. Fastest mustang I've driven was a 13 gt500, but the owner did something that made that car a complete demon possessed monster. He put a whipple 4.0L on it, being the only mod, 30lbs of boost. Made close to 1056hp and now he's building the engine. He heard about whipples new supercharger the 4.5L and plans on putting that in the car. He wants to take it to the salt flats and see how fast he can get it to, since he took off the speed restrictions. We're thinking around 250+mph

Old 02-07-2015, 12:26 PM   #151
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Wish I could of afforded a coyote 2010 plus GT but when I couldn't find a Fox I settled for a new edge. And please don't call it nos that's fast and furious ricer talk lol.
lol some shot then.... and there not too much im paying like 660 for the car and insurance a month not counting the gas i go threw but hey at least u own that car i dont the bank does thats y i miss my 04 stang
Old 02-07-2015, 12:30 PM   #152
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
lol some shot then.... and there not too much im paying like 660 for the car and insurance a month not counting the gas i go threw but hey at least u own that car i dont the bank does thats y i miss my 04 stang
Yeah but you will own it. When it's all said and done my plans are to drop in a 5 liter coyote when this motor dies. Only has 20k on motor so it should last awhile but have plans down the road for a coyote and two stage nitrous setup.
Old 02-07-2015, 12:32 PM   #153
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
That should be enough... Depending on the supercharger. Those 5.8s are absolute monsters when it comes to power. 662hp with not that big of a blower on it. Fastest mustang I've driven was a 13 gt500, but the owner did something that made that car a complete demon possessed monster. He put a whipple 4.0L on it, being the only mod, 30lbs of boost. Made close to 1056hp and now he's building the engine. He heard about whipples new supercharger the 4.5L and plans on putting that in the car. He wants to take it to the salt flats and see how fast he can get it to, since he took off the speed restrictions. We're thinking around 250+mph

dam thats fast and the supercharger alone should wake her up.
Old 02-07-2015, 12:35 PM   #154
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah but you will own it. When it's all said and done my plans are to drop in a 5 liter coyote when this motor dies. Only has 20k on motor so it should last awhile but have plans down the road for a coyote and two stage nitrous setup.
wow 20 k not bad at all my 2004 has like 179xxx and still running no flaws just replaced my fan and thermostat once and probably need to change the convertible motor its wimping out and needs some help going up. but urs is coupe so it should last u a long time those cars are built to last i say that from experience i got it at 70xxx miles and beat the ***** out of her by modding lol but very reliable.
Old 02-07-2015, 12:41 PM   #155
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post

Some how I don't feel that it will be competing with the bugatti. Aerodynamics account for quite a bit. But hopefully I'm wrong and you get a video of it.

2014 5.OHHHHHH
Old 02-07-2015, 12:53 PM   #156
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles76 View Post
Some how I don't feel that it will be competing with the bugatti. Aerodynamics account for quite a bit. But hopefully I'm wrong and you get a video of it.

2014 5.OHHHHHH

Well if he wanted to compete with a Bugatti he would've picked a better platform than a mustang. He wanted a muscle car and make it as fast and powerful as he could. Which then again the new 1200hp Shelby 1000 S/C is said to have a 268mph top speed.

Old 02-07-2015, 01:02 PM   #157
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
wow 20 k not bad at all my 2004 has like 179xxx and still running no flaws just replaced my fan and thermostat once and probably need to change the convertible motor its wimping out and needs some help going up. but urs is coupe so it should last u a long time those cars are built to last i say that from experience i got it at 70xxx miles and beat the ***** out of her by modding lol but very reliable.
The car has 81k on chassis but 20k on motor was originally a v6 car at birth
Old 02-07-2015, 01:05 PM   #158
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
It may have a ton of horsepower, but the Mustang sure doesn't have the aerodynamics to go 250mph, and unless it's on a perfectly smooth track I wouldn't trust the suspension of the car at that speed. Solid axle, conventional sway bars and any type of bump do not mix well at all. Gearing also. A Bugatti goes to 80mph in 1st gear, and it has 8 of them. It CAN go faster but they limit it to that speed because of the tires (which are already custom made for the car and severely tested before going on the car)

Also There is a reason Koenigsegg developed a Triplex suspension for his cars. A mustang just won't do it safely.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Old 02-07-2015, 01:07 PM   #159
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The car has 81k on chassis but 20k on motor was originally a v6 car at birth
only thing is the bushings and suspension starts to wear out on the 2004 convertibles around 150xxx miles mine needed changing.
Old 02-07-2015, 01:08 PM   #160
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It may have a ton of horsepower, but the Mustang sure doesn't have the aerodynamics to go 250mph, and unless it's on a perfectly smooth track I wouldn't trust the suspension of the car at that speed. Solid axle, conventional sway bars and any type of bump do not mix well at all. Gearing also. A Bugatti goes to 80mph in 1st gear, and it has 8 of them. It CAN go faster but they limit it to that speed because of the tires (which are already custom made for the car and severely tested before going on the car)

Also There is a reason Koenigsegg developed a Triplex suspension for his cars. A mustang just won't do it safely.

It can be done though but you are right
Old 02-07-2015, 01:11 PM   #161
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
only thing is the bushings and suspension starts to wear out on the 2004 convertibles around 150xxx miles mine needed changing.
My suspension is totally redone, just getting a drag link suspension with my refund check and swapping to a 9" rear.
Old 02-07-2015, 01:15 PM   #162
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
It can be done though but you are right

Yea it CAN be done. But there is a reason those Hyper cars are so expensive.

HID end all thread
Old 02-07-2015, 01:16 PM   #163
Registered Member
Regular

ha lol i thought it was cause of that fancy symbol they put on itjk
Old 02-07-2015, 01:51 PM   #164
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknbronco View Post
Mustangs last longer than a Challenger or Charger....

Also only vehicle to out run the General Lee on the Dukes of Hazard was in fact a Mustang.

You may have lost that race but just find ten V6 Challenger 's and your good to go! Hahahaha
Because Uncle Jessie was driving the Mustang!
Old 02-07-2015, 03:21 PM   #165
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Because Uncle Jessie was driving the Mustang!
A guy at my work has a dukes of hazard charger
Old 02-08-2015, 01:00 AM   #166
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
Detroitmuscle99: man my 99 GT will eat your hell cat alive...

Hellcat owner: oh ok...lets race

Detroitmuscle99: ok...is there a place near by where I could get my nitrous bottles filled?

Hellcat owner: smh...

EXACTLY THIS GUY NAILS IT HAHA so true. **** I can't race my bottle is empty.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Old 02-08-2015, 06:52 AM   #167
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCali5oh View Post
EXACTLY THIS GUY NAILS IT HAHA so true. **** I can't race my bottle is empty.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
And this is what turbo guys do....

Uhh I can't race the cars to hot right now and I'm going to need a bigger wastegate spring to run enough boost to beat you. I have to run 26psi to beat you etc. I have a Japan turbo setup right now if I had twin 88mm tubros I couldn't be touched, or the famous I was chasing you down but ran out of relistate.

Here's a supercharger guy,

Bro I only lost because my belt was slipping or let me go home and change my pullies and belt so I make more boost, I'll be back in a hour or so. I like supercharger best, they whine because they are losing. Lmao
Old 02-08-2015, 12:42 PM   #168
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Uhh I can't race the cars to hot right now and I'm going to need a bigger wastegate spring to run enough boost to beat you. I have to run 26psi to beat you etc. I have a Japan turbo setup right now if I had twin 88mm tubros I couldn't be touched, or the famous I was chasing you down but ran out of relistate.

Bro I only lost because my belt was slipping or let me go home and change my pullies and belt so I make more boost, I'll be back in a hour or so. I like supercharger best, they whine because they are losing. Lmao

My supercharger belt has never slipped

Old 02-08-2015, 12:48 PM   #169
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:

Boost controller.

HID end all thread
Old 02-08-2015, 12:49 PM   #170
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Everyone makes excuses when they lose. It's in human nature lol. But look at all the fastest production cars in the world. All turbochargers

HID end all thread
Old 02-08-2015, 01:06 PM   #171
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Everyone makes excuses when they lose. It's in human nature lol. But look at all the fastest production cars in the world. All turbochargers

Because you can basically
Make as
Much power as you want with a turbo. It's
Pretty much endless. That's why.

Old 02-08-2015, 02:30 PM   #172
ME Bloodhound
Staff

They are the most versatile also IMO. Nitrous you don't want to use in corners so that knocks it out of most racing. Twin screws get super hot and lose power.

A turbo you can have different sizes for the lag, and use boost controllers so you can run a larger waste gate spring and still make smaller power. Can also use multiple turbos. The possibilities are endless.

HID end all thread
Old 02-08-2015, 02:55 PM   #173
Registered Member
Regular

Or you could use both a turbocharger AND a supercharger... Like Lockheed used on the P-38 Lightning in 1939.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1423428884758.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	175059  
Old 02-08-2015, 04:40 PM   #174
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Can't use nitrous on a road course either.

Exactly. Although I did see someone use nitrous in a auto x event, It was so funny watching it as it engaged and the car doing a 360 right after lol.
Old 02-08-2015, 04:40 PM   #175
Registered Member

Regular

Hell cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Or you could use both a turbocharger AND a supercharger... Like Lockheed used on the P-38 Lightning in 1939.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

VW has that set up on one of their 4 bangers, it makes 17lbs of boost. The system is set up that the supercharger feeds into the turbo, and the supercharger cuts off at a certain rpm and the turbo takes over. The interesting thing about the engine is it makes 14% more boost than the turbo charged variant and uses 5% less fuel...
Hennessey also uses it on their ford gt1000, not the same way of course.
But the interesting thing about that setup you can run idiotic amounts of boost than with just one F/I setup. A certain terminator runs 45lbs of boost making over 1300hp, and engine is built bullet proof...

Adventure till you drop
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion