Garage opener - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-30-2015, 02:14 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Garage opener

Hi, I just have a question, I was trying to program the remote that is built in the visor but I wasn't able to make it work. I am trying to program a mighty mule gate opener which is substantially the same as a garage door opener, it has a learn button and a rolling code system.. FYI I successfully programmed another vehicle in the family so I thought the issue is with with my Mustang.. I checked the manual and I also checked videos on YouTube.. Press the two side buttons then press the learn button then come back and press the one button that I wanted to use... I tried many times and no go. any suggestions? Feel free to share the exact sequence of what you did.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fab_florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2015, 03:23 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I'm also very interested in a solution to this.

Sent from my iPhone

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 03:27 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I gave up on that a long time ago, lol. Tried until I was like that guy in the Lowes commercial folding a fitted sheet
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2015, 03:29 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Oh OK cool it is not just me then..I just bought another clicker... thank you guys

Old 03-30-2015, 04:47 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Massachusetts
It's because the manual is wrong. Google how to program a Car2U system; I was able to get mine to work with a rolling code system.
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Restoration project back on the road: my dad's 1969 Camaro SS 350
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 05:03 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Ok then please share the exact sequence

Old 03-30-2015, 07:10 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Massachusetts
It may vary slightly based on your exact opener, but the website has a tool to help you figure it out.

LearCar2U - Home
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Restoration project back on the road: my dad's 1969 Camaro SS 350
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 07:43 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
You will have to locate the instruction for the specific opener you have. I added an opener module from a visor to my Mustang and programmed it to work. The Mustang owners manual isn't (let's just say...) complete for all openers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
texaskilowatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 12:33 PM   #9
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Thanks so much guys, I always wonder how I could get that to work and wrote it off after spending an hour on it when I first got me car
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 01:26 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I have the learcar2u opener I tried what the website states verbatim and it still doesn't work...hey dawg can you confirm the exact sequence of what you did?

Old 03-31-2015, 01:56 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

As I said before I actually thought it was just me being dumb but I tried to program another vehicle in the family and I was able to get that working in 5 seconds so I guess I have the wrong instructions

Old 03-31-2015, 04:35 PM   #12

Region: Wisconsin
I called the number 866-572-2728 and they walked me through it for my opener. Instructions in manual and website for my opener did not work. They were quick and knew exactly what to do.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:39 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you very much

Old 04-01-2015, 07:57 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Figures.. The number 8665722728 "is no longer in operation"... There is a voicemail stating to go their website.. The website has the same instructions as the manual which don't work... so back to square one..I bought a clicker for $20 and done with it...

Old 04-02-2015, 07:16 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I did the 2 sides at first, it didn't work. I tried to program it just like the garage remote is programmed and it worked. Basically, pressing the learn button at the opener and chose the button (among the 3 buttons) that you want to use and hold it for a while. Once accepted by the opener, you should be all set. Mine is 13 and the opener is Chamberlain.
Tangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 12:46 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Hey Tangster, just to confirm did you use both the remote that came with the garage door opener and the one built into the Mustang or just the one built into the Mustang after pressing the learn button? In other words does the remote built into the visor need to communicate with the handheld remote that came with the garage door opener? By the way mine is not a garage door opener it is a gate opener built by " mighty mule " but it has the learn button so I assume the concept is the same.

Old 04-09-2015, 05:35 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Garage opener

Quote:
Originally Posted by fab_florida View Post
Hey Tangster, just to confirm did you use both the remote that came with the garage door opener and the one built into the Mustang or just the one built into the Mustang after pressing the learn button? In other words does the remote built into the visor need to communicate with the handheld remote that came with the garage door opener? By the way mine is not a garage door opener it is a gate opener built by " mighty mule " but it has the learn button so I assume the concept is the same.

I use both. The mustang sun visor homelink programed as one of the remotes and the 2 OEM remotes that came with the opener, we use it in our other cars that does not have homelink.
Tangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 07:39 PM   #18

Region: Wisconsin
Yes the number to call is not longer operational (worked last May but not this May) I did a google search for the Linear Garage door opener and Car2u and here are the instructions (from a Corvette forum)

Turn on the ignition.

On the visor

Push 2 outside buttons at same time until all three lights are solid

Push left and center buttons at same time until all lights flash slowly

Push left button 3 times (indicates Linear opener)

Push right button 3 times

Push Right, Center, Right, Right, Center, Right, Right

Push all three buttons at same time to save. Lights will flash rapidly then go off

Press the button you want to program (left, center or right) until the light flashes then goes off.

Press and release the learn button on your garage door operner (you will have 15 seconds after doing this to do the next step)

Press and hold the same button on the visor you wanted to program until the opener light goes off then on then off then on (3-4 seconds)- release the button

Press the button again and the garage door will open/close

I had to run this sequence a few times to get it right and programmed the left to one garage door and right to the other garage door (both Linear openers).

Hope this helps for those that have a Linear garage door opening system.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:37 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Car2U directions will get you there. Keep at it. It's a pita, but you'll get it on the 300th try lol
Smalls is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion