Let's talk resell value of mods on car - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-28-2015, 06:39 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Let's talk resell value of mods on car

Okay folks. So let's talk about this topic. How much resell value do people get back from their mods when selling them on a car.

Example, Person A has mustang that's valued at say 15k KBB. Person A has spent 5k on assorted performance and apperence mods. Or say 5k on performance mods only, how much more is the car worth over KBB having put 5k in mods into it? Should that car sell for 20k, 16k, 17k?????

What is the rule of thumb when it comes too how much value does mods add to selling the car in the sense of how much more money can someone realistically add onto selling the car.

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-28-2015, 07:01 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Waylap1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: US
Region: New Hampshire
Posts: 820
To me, it doesn't add one dime. In fact I would be less likely to buy that car over another similar year and model that is stock.
Here is why I feel that way. Keep in mind, it's just my opinion based on life experiences and years of car buying and selling. ( I've gone through many because I got bored or something else caught my attention)
1. My first thought looking at a (performance) modded car is that it's been rode hard and put up wet.
2. I'll be very Leary that the parts were put on correctly by a good mechanic or technician no matter what the owner tells me or paperwork he shows me. Anyone can print. -hell I've got a Phd from Princeton on my wall.
3. The car is already personalized to the current owners tastes and it won't be the same as my taste. It's not a blank canvas.
4. If it's not the original owner selling it, I would likely believe the owner before him was a teenage kid who spent his parents money on Too Fast Too Furious movie tickets and mods and hung out with his bros at the Walmart parking lot on Saturday nights doing burnouts with it.
*************************************************

What DOES increase the value to me is a stock Mustang with no hint whatsoever that it was ever raced, dragged, did burn outs or just plain ol daily driven very hard.
An owner that has a nice neat binder notebook with every possible receipt for service, oil...even wiper blades. If a guy has one of these, then I would assume he was anal about his Mustang maintainence, appearance and I would conjur up this image of a dude that cherished the car, didn't ever horse it and surely then I wouldn't have to worry so much that the car will have problems.
Of course, he can have a notebook like that and still have rode it hard but....it would be the choice I would make.
Quality of mods. Is there plastidip on stuff? Or powder coat? Is there cheap fake caliper covers or did he take the time and money to actually upgrade the factory brakes?
Fake hood pins? Fake carbon fiber anything?
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 07:08 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
To me, it doesn't add one dime. In fact I would be less likely to buy that car over another similar year and model that is stock.
Here is why I feel that way. Keep in mind, it's just my opinion based on life experiences and years of car buying and selling. ( I've gone through many because I got bored or something else caught my attention)
1. My first thought looking at a (performance) modded car is that it's been rode hard and put up wet.
2. I'll be very Leary that the parts were put on correctly by a good mechanic or technician no matter what the owner tells me or paperwork he shows me. Anyone can print. -hell I've got a Phd from Princeton on my wall.
3. The car is already personalized to the current owners tastes and it won't be the same as my taste. It's not a blank canvas.
4. If it's not the original owner selling it, I would likely believe the owner before him was a teenage kid who spent his parents money on Too Fast Too Furious movie tickets and mods and hung out with his bros at the Walmart parking lot on Saturday nights doing burnouts with it.
*************************************************

What DOES increase the value to me is a stock Mustang with no hint whatsoever that it was ever raced, dragged, did burn outs or just plain ol daily driven very hard.
An owner that has a nice neat binder notebook with every possible receipt for service, oil...even wiper blades. If a guy has one of these, then I would assume he was anal about his Mustang maintainence, appearance and I would conjur up this image of a dude that cherished the car, didn't ever horse it and surely then I wouldn't have to worry so much that the car will have problems.
Of course, he can have a notebook like that and still have rode it hard but....it would be the choice I would make.
Quality of mods. Is there plastidip on stuff? Or powder coat? Is there cheap fake caliper covers or did he take the time and money to actually upgrade the factory brakes?
Fake hood pins? Fake carbon fiber anything?
Thank you for your input. So for you, mods add no resell value to the vehicle and in fact you look a way at buying a modded car. I'm not keeping receipts of wiper blade purchases. Ha ha ha.

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-28-2015, 07:11 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular
 
oxford5pointoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Murica
Region: Other
Posts: 4,069
Adds zip unless it's a supercharger and you sell private party to someone who wants one that way. But even then 7-8k supercharger on 20k car maybe I would pay 21-22 for it. Anything else is zero added resale in my opinion.

This is why anyone who mods either needs to understand they are waving buhbye to that money OR they keep all stock parts and prepare for an un-mod weekend before they trade/sell the car.

Leaving mods on a car is so dumb in my opinion.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 07:13 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
RED SNOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Unknown
Region: Other
Posts: 98
This. You're gonna lose money doing what we do. It's an expensive hobby to have and you gotta pay to play lol. I would buy a stock mustang over a modded mustang though. I came across an ad the other day on craigs where he had several pictures of him doing burnouts. Yeah.. no
RED SNOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 07:14 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Waylap1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: US
Region: New Hampshire
Posts: 820
For the most part. Holy crap my post was too long! I was typing and didn't realize till I posted it!
But keep in mind, this is just my perspective as a mid 40s dude. If your target buyer is much younger, then maybe the mods do help the value? Idk , a younger guy looking for a Mustang may not have the same concerns I do.
I'm sure there's guys out there that would just throw the notebook from the previous owner away and don't think long term resell value and reliability.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 07:24 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,530
99% of the time mods don't add value to a car.


Pick your poison.
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 07:24 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
So its real important for people to understand that modding your car is not going to add resell value to the car.

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 07:26 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
RED SNOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Unknown
Region: Other
Posts: 98
To put it all into perspective..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1440808013737.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	190221  
RED SNOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 07:32 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
kona010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
For the most part. Holy crap my post was too long! I was typing and didn't realize till I posted it!
But keep in mind, this is just my perspective as a mid 40s dude. If your target buyer is much younger, then maybe the mods do help the value? Idk , a younger guy looking for a Mustang may not have the same concerns I do.
I'm sure there's guys out there that would just throw the notebook from the previous owner away and don't think long term resell value and reliability.

From a guy who's in his young to mid 20's I wouldn't buy a modded car either. For the same reasons you've mentioned above.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
kona010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 07:47 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED SNOW View Post
To put it all into perspective..
Now that crap is hilarious and so true

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 01:00 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 31
Take away from the resale value of a car imo
radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 03:38 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Diehard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North Reading
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,112
I can't say that I disagree with most of the rational mentioned thus far. However, an item is worth what a person will pay for it and if one was to wait long enough the chance of getting a higher price rises. May even find someone that will pay over the $20K for the base car plus mods.
Nothing is cut and dry.
__________________
____________________________________________________
14 V6 auto, MCA, PP, BBK Shorties, MMD Hood Struts, Borla Touring A/B's, MAC ProChamber, aFe drop-in Filter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 04:54 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
S197 GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 31
It really depends on the potential buyer. There are a lot of people (as shown by the replies so far) that would not pay more for a vehicle that has modifications. On the F-150 I had before this car, there were thousands spent in modifications. I took some of the stuff off and replaced with OEM, but some was left on.
Found a buyer who paid full asking price for the truck and mods. They must have seen some value in it to pay extra.

Of course, Mustangs are much more likely to be driven hard, so that is always a concern. I prefer buying a vehicle that is stock vs a modded one, but not everyone is the same.
S197 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 04:56 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Panther140's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: xxx
Region: Other
Posts: 1,473
Im 20 and I refuse to buy a car that has been modded. Maybe some people (dumber ones IMO) will pay more lol.

A supercharged car that somebody else had first is basically worthless to me. I know why they are selling it and its NOT because they are dissatisfied with the power.
Panther140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 05:03 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Panther140's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: xxx
Region: Other
Posts: 1,473
If you want to increase resale value, title it in an older person's name like your dad or grandpa from day one. Have receipts from all oil changes and store it in a garage.
Panther140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 05:11 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Diehard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North Reading
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther140 View Post
Im 20 and I refuse to buy a car that has been modded. Maybe some people (dumber ones IMO) will pay more lol
I don't blame you.
But I'm surprised at how many people I've talked to at car shows that have super modded cars, with little to no miles on them and have never taken them to a track.
I often wonder why people put so much in speed mods and never really take advantage of them. (I think I know the answer to this one.)
EDIT: yeah that's a good point made on the age of the seller. Like I would never buy a used mustang from someone in their 20's.
__________________
____________________________________________________
14 V6 auto, MCA, PP, BBK Shorties, MMD Hood Struts, Borla Touring A/B's, MAC ProChamber, aFe drop-in Filter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 05:20 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
I don't blame you.
But I'm surprised at how many people I've talked to at car shows that have super modded cars, with little to no miles on them and have never taken them to a track.
I often wonder why people put so much in speed mods and never really take advantage of them. (I think I know the answer to this one.)
EDIT: yeah that's a good point made on the age of the seller. Like I would never buy a used mustang from someone in their 20's.
I would agree there with you bro. So true. My car has a bunch of bolt on mods. I don't abuse the engine or transmission. Do I clean the carbon out quite often by WOT's. Oh heck yeah. I don't track race my pony but she doesn't get driven like a mini van either.

If someone doesn't want to buy my modded mustang someday because it had mods, I personally don't give a crap. I didn't buy it to worry about resell values or for the second owner to have a virgin untouched mustang. 😉

With that said, no way I would get my money back into the car just because it has mods. If KBB was 16k then that's where most likely the car will sell modded or not.

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 05:29 PM   #19
Registered Member

Regular
 
oxford5pointoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Murica
Region: Other
Posts: 4,069
Mods are always worth taking off.

Example:

My last vehicle had about 5k in mods (what I paid no labor)

I pulled off everything when the time came sold all mods for 3500

Dealership didn't want it if it was modded. I wouldn't have got anyone to pay me any more for the thing either way.

So I look at it like a savings account that doesn't make money but I get to enjoy and only lose a bit of it. Then new car get that money reinvested in mods.

Helpful hint to the modding game; buy used parts where possible (you won't lose any money on them) and install it yourself!
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 05:33 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Project Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Aiken
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 3,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
I can't say that I disagree with most of the rational mentioned thus far. However, an item is worth what a person will pay for it and if one was to wait long enough the chance of getting a higher price rises. May even find someone that will pay over the $20K for the base car plus mods.
Nothing is cut and dry.
While 9 out of 10 times I would agree that anything you modify will add no value or hurt it, there is someone out there who wants to do what you've done and will pay a premium for the vehicle to save themselves the headache. That's not common. I only buy stock vehicles. I read a post earlier in the thread that hit the nail on the head. If there is plasti dipped anything on the car, it's a no go. Any fake stuff, no go. The biggest red flag I can think of is a boost gauge on a NA car, F××K no! These thing speak volumes about the previous owner, and the care the vehicle was given, none of which would be positive.

When I sold my last mustang I gave the buyer almost a 2" stack of paperwork. Every drop of oil, windshield wiper blade, part, modification, everything. He also got several hundred pictures detailing every aspect of installation of each modification. Hell he even got a nice big box of factory parts should he want to reverse anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Project Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 05:36 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Cary, NC
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 48
Your only mods that add value are the ones that are factory options, like adding leather to a cloth car or upsizing to premium wheels. That's it. I was in the car business for 18 years. If we ever traded a car in that was modded we would try to return it to as close to stock as possible before we put it on the lot. That being said sell it private party, keep all of you receipts and pictures of before and after, just then maybe you might add a little value.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Justin72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 05:41 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Mods are always worth taking off.

Example:

My last vehicle had about 5k in mods (what I paid no labor)

I pulled off everything when the time came sold all mods for 3500

Dealership didn't want it if it was modded. I wouldn't have got anyone to pay me any more for the thing either way.

So I look at it like a savings account that doesn't make money but I get to enjoy and only lose a bit of it. Then new car get that money reinvested in mods.

Helpful hint to the modding game; buy used parts where possible (you won't lose any money on them) and install it yourself!
Great point. Pull the mods off and sell them separate

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 05:48 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
I personally wouldn't mind buying a modded car because you can get the mods for basically no added cost. Especially if its mods one was looking to buy. Ideally, buy from a club member that one knows of. Most likely a club member will not sell a club member a beat down piece of junk and say its perfect.

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 05:50 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
I just literally sold my boss intake manifold with the direct port on it for $800 plus his boss manifold.


🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 05:51 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
I just literally sold my boss intake manifold with the direct port on it for $800 plus his boss manifold.


🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Dang. That's great, yes?

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 05:52 PM   #26
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,530
Let's talk resell value of mods on car

Going for a 15 intake I assume?
Edit: never mind just glanced at your comment.
Pick your poison.
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 05:52 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Dang. That's great, yes?

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!

It was a pretty good deal.


🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 07:01 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Project Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Aiken
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 3,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
I just literally sold my boss intake manifold with the direct port on it for $800 plus his boss manifold.


🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
I don't know anything about the boss, that's my disclaimer.

The way I read that is he bought your boss intake for 800 and gave you his? Yours had direct port, I'm asummimg his did not. Apparently it's ideal for him to trade his on top of 800 bucks. Or did I just completely misread that? What's the differance between them? This is purely knowledge gathering as I am not up to speed on any of the coyote stuff. There obviously has to be a big advantage to warrant 800 bucks on a manifold. Or has the cost of these things just ballooned to that point?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Project Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 07:15 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
NewMtang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,951
I have to disagree with a lot of you. After my second American Muscle Car show, very few people that had cars in the show, were abusing them. Most of the cars there have never been to a drag strip, unless it was a car show. There were a few "kids" there, that liked to waste their tires or exhaust systems.

I find it amazing that most of you don't practice what you preach. Very few of you commenting have stock cars. But you will be more likely to sell it to someone that knows Mustangs and Mods.

Just my two cents.

You can tell if someone just had their car detailed, then put it up for sale. You can't hide the abuse that you put on your car.

There may be some items that you wouldn't put on yourself. It may be something as simple of removing an item and having it painted.

Now on the other hand, if someone has a lot of mods, especially ones that I don't like, it may be a long time for a buyer. You will never find a car that has everything modded and painted your exact colors.

Just because a car has some mods doesn't mean it's not sellable. You can save a lot of cash but your buyer's market may be a lot smaller.
__________________
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 07:18 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
Let's talk resell value of mods on car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony View Post
I don't know anything about the boss, that's my disclaimer.

The way I read that is he bought your boss intake for 800 and gave you his? Yours had direct port, I'm asummimg his did not. Apparently it's ideal for him to trade his on top of 800 bucks. Or did I just completely misread that? What's the differance between them? This is purely knowledge gathering as I am not up to speed on any of the coyote stuff. There obviously has to be a big advantage to warrant 800 bucks on a manifold. Or has the cost of these things just ballooned to that point?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app

The one he bought from me Has a direct port nitrous kit installed on it.

His is a normal intake.


🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 07:24 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
Project Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Aiken
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 3,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post

I find it amazing that most of you don't practice what you preach. Very few of you commenting have stock cars. But you will be more likely to sell it to someone that knows Mustangs and Mods.
I won't buy a modded vehicle. If someone else wants to it's their money. I personally want a clean slate and to make sure everything is done to my standards. The guy I sold mine to had never owned a mustang. I did my best to educate him on common issues, and encouraged him to call me if he had any questions in the future.

In short, I'm not preaching anything. My preference is just that, mine. I want a stock vehicle. Less time and money I have to invest to get things the way I want them. I also feel there is a much lower risk of buying a car thats been dogged out. Not 100% foolproof I'll admit, but puts the odds in my favor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Project Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 07:32 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
Just be you buy a used mustang that's stock does not mean it wasn't modded

For example there is somebody out in Houston driving a white 2012 5.0 with a black wrapped roof. They bought it used. It "looks" 100% stock.

Well here is the story. It's a good friend of mines old car.
It has a 9.5 compression motor in it. The block is out of a 2011 f150. It has Manley rods, Manley Pistons. Stock heads from the f150. Stock cams from the coyote. ( stock block and heads took a crap when it lifted a head )
It was twin turbo and e85. Made in the 700's at the tires. And was beat on every day really hard.
The car was far from "stock".

He put it back to stock 100% besides the underpowered motor that's in it on a stock tune.
And the person who has it probably thinks it is a untouched car. So good look buying a used car you will never know, what your getting.



🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 09:10 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
Project Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Aiken
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 3,274
It's not a foolproof method like I said, but I does tip the odds in your favor. There is always an exception to every rule. Buying used always comes with risks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Project Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 09:32 PM   #34
Registered Member

Regular
 
oxford5pointoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Murica
Region: Other
Posts: 4,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Just be you buy a used mustang that's stock does not mean it wasn't modded

For example there is somebody out in Houston driving a white 2012 5.0 with a black wrapped roof. They bought it used. It "looks" 100% stock.

Well here is the story. It's a good friend of mines old car.
It has a 9.5 compression motor in it. The block is out of a 2011 f150. It has Manley rods, Manley Pistons. Stock heads from the f150. Stock cams from the coyote. ( stock block and heads took a crap when it lifted a head )
It was twin turbo and e85. Made in the 700's at the tires. And was beat on every day really hard.
The car was far from "stock".

He put it back to stock 100% besides the underpowered motor that's in it on a stock tune.
And the person who has it probably thinks it is a untouched car. So good look buying a used car you will never know, what your getting.



🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.

Same car that was "certified" I suppose? Lmao
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 09:40 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Same car that was "certified" I suppose? Lmao

Lol yes.


🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Found these at resell shop XSlashDashX Mustang Wheels & Tires 0 09-04-2014 06:22 PM
Let's talk window tint. :D GT Gone Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing 58 02-07-2013 11:59 AM
let's talk SVT Lightning. AgentOrange General Car Discussion 1 01-04-2013 09:26 PM
Let's talk, seriously. Seph The Bar 34 10-06-2006 08:17 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



08:57 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.